• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Titans of Archia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Titans of Archia ORPG:

Hello, I've been develouping an oRPG and I just need some help because I like the available time to do the terraining myself, due to you guessed it, college/school. Not onlythat but I've been designing all the systems for my map on my own. I can do advanced terraining, but I'm just out of time, and my current map is bugged, so I'm starting over. Kinda, taking all the systems that work and remaking all the systems that need work. ((All my systems are pretty much importable.))

so anyways I would really appricate someone to help me out with the terraining.

I would like someone who is decent at advanced terraining and will be dedicated in helping me complete this project.

If you would like to help me with the terraining, please post some screen shots of your previous work on this page and I'll get back to you asap.

Also I need someone who is decent with making spells and abilities that would fit my classes nicley and knows how to create them leak free :)

Also, I'm pretty good at GUI, but I know nothing of Jass, so a jasser would be benifitial to have as part of my team.

And then also would apriciate someone who can help Dr. up my story line and expand it.

2D artist needed

10/22/2010 - DESPERATELY need a spell designer, and a system designer that can work together to make a smooth game-play.

here is a link to the thread of the project: Titans of Archia ORPG

Last edited:
Level 14
I haven't really done a projects terrain yet but i usually have lots of time to practice on it. I would be Glad to help in terrain as much as possible and i will try and get some screen shots put on imageshack. If that doesn't work ill just send you a 256x256 terrain i have been working on!

Last edited:
I haven't really done a projects terrain yet but i usually have lots of time to practice on it. I would be Glad to help in terrain as much as possible and i will try and get some screen shots put on imageshack. If that doesn't work ill just send you a 280x280 terrain i have been working on!

ok sounds good, but you can upload screen shots directly to this thread :) using the advanced options. or post your examples in the pastebin and pm me the link ^^

well I could work as a terrainer and GUI Spells/Systems (MUI/leakless/MPI).
I'm currently working on my own project, but I have always time for other things :)
here are some terrain screenshots from my rpg, I'm currently working at.
146403-albums2547-picture20738.jpg

146403-albums2547-picture20740.jpg

146403-albums2547-picture20742.jpg

I don't work with blizzard cliffs (as you can see), only with raise and lower tool (and the other ones)
well, can't show some GUI examples, just look into the spell section and search for Amigurumi. There you will find some. But I can tell you that I'm a advanced GUI user :)

screens didn't work, I try to fix it <- fixed

well I could work as a terrainer and GUI Spells/Systems (MUI/leakless/MPI).
I'm currently working on my own project, but I have always time for other things :)
here are some terrain screenshots from my rpg, I'm currently working at.
146403-albums2547-picture20738.jpg

146403-albums2547-picture20740.jpg

146403-albums2547-picture20742.jpg

I don't work with blizzard cliffs (as you can see), only with raise and lower tool (and the other ones)
well, can't show some GUI examples, just look into the spell section and search for Amigurumi. There you will find some. But I can tell you that I'm a advanced GUI user :)

screens didn't work, I try to fix it <- fixed

ok cool, you will be an excelent addition to our project :)

For terraining, I'll have you work with Azurot, and then spells and stuff I need some decent spells that can level up to what ever level I wish to put the spell at :) First off, I think we should start with making the warrior, barbarian, and Defender spells.

I'm thinking about making a Talent tree system :)

If you have any questions just send me a private message :D

Level 8
Well I made a few knockback and missle spells, but I can do lots of others, if you want, you can give me a challenge (don't have much ideas).
As you can see from my signature, I was away from jass for some time and I'm comming back now, so I'm still not at my best.

Well I made a few knockback and missle spells, but I can do lots of others, if you want, you can give me a challenge (don't have much ideas).
As you can see from my signature, I was away from jass for some time and I'm comming back now, so I'm still not at my best.

Ok thats cool, Right now we're working on the warrior/barbarian/Defender spells/abilities. Would you mind working on those too or would you rather make some systems?

Level 8
Haven't made any systems yet. Tried to make one, but it was a LITTLE complicated for me then. I'd rather make some spells :)
Warrior/barbarian/defender...do you have any ideas or should I think of some? I'm not very good at making them up, but I could probably think of some.

I have made a save/load system before, but rightnow that isn't the first priority.

Destroyer95, we have a charge spell, and a counter spell, for the warrior right now, correct me if i'm wrong about the counter. But you and Amigurumi, can discuss on ideas for abilities and work together :) I'm thinking of ideas myself for spells but my ideas are limited lol. I do like the Idea of a knock back spell though, and a jump slam attack. But I also would like to come up with some more original abilities too.

Level 8
xD
That's ok. Anyway, if you get an idea for a spell, tell us and we'll try to make it. I was always bad at coming up with spell and map ideas...

I don't think I'll be able do anything now....going to bed soon :bored:

EDIT: For the spell ideas, I think we should post on the Idea Factory or something, saw a lot of good ideas there.

lol :) here Check out my camera system so far, not done yet though going to add more options to it such as cam 1 or 2, or cam 0/off. going to make it a bit more customizable, so you can pan the distance in and out. But what I'm most proud of is the basic physics run slow up hill/ or stop completely, run fast down hill/(going to make it so if you go off a cliff you will fall and take damage) test it out :)

Attachments

• FWCameraSystem.w3x
    31 KB · Views: 73
well done, it's really smooth and sometimes funny :D (when you rush down the hills)
but some things:
1. you can bug with very high hills: just don't walk straight up to the hill, you have to go sideways the hill up.
2. well don't know if that's in the orpg, but it when I'm behind a cliff, the cliff is in the camera view

well done, it's really smooth and sometimes funny :D (when you rush down the hills)
but some things:
1. you can bug with very high hills: just don't walk straight up to the hill, you have to go sideways the hill up.
2. well don't know if that's in the orpg, but it when I'm behind a cliff, the cliff is in the camera view

yeah, there are a few bugs I'm working on :) Going to make the distance detect if there is an obstruction in the view of the camera, and then zoom in so it doesn't go behind things like trees. Just not exactly sure how to do such a thing...

Level 3
sounds good i would like to help wit story line development if Blood_Reaver hasnt taken the position up yet, if so i still wanna help :p | one of the main reasons i wanna help is cause im ya to lazy to compleatly make my own game :p

Makes me sad i couldent look at the rest of the story because It is great and needs almost no improvment other then the (insert name here) also the scrolls in the corner not centredso i can't read the bottem D: | also may i attempt concept art :p

Well there are some quest lines that need to be made :)
So go to the website and post some quest line ideas untill you can talk to silent bob about the story line :)

Status
Not open for further replies.