• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dungeon Gods ORPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
ok better :p

I changed the first post a bit and added more info :D

Because my holiday is near, the production rate should raise by 75% :)
So, i will begin the closed beta in July ^^

And the rest of you: Please test and subscribe! :D

Level 1
Possibly you would consider adding instructions on how to load an account that has a title in the information menu. I can load a character without a title with no problem but i get a message when trying to load a character with a title saying that i need to include title and name but without explaining how or where to add it

Level 8
@eightball: Yeah instructions are very important, i will work on them
You get titles by quests or buying them with PvP-Points.
If you have no title, you don´t have to load it. (Read at the webside for more info) (Chat)
@BuffetKiller: the -unloot only works if you have typed -loot before.
Example: A fight. Player XX types -unloot to get out of the dangerous area.
So, try to -unloot if you typed -loot before, or it wouldnt work

EDIT:
-I have to erease 3 Spells, (Infernal Rain (Normal: Firerain), Meteor* (Normal: Silence), Vulcano (Normal: Vulcano) (*=TriggerSpell)) :( I have to get 3 new spells. But to that time, the Elementary Destructor only has 8 Spells total.
-Changed the Everfrozen Lake to the Everburning Lake. (The Frozen looked like trash :/ ) Hope it looks better.

EDIT 2:
At the moment M4stah and fors4k3en are creating the rest spells so we can start the closed Beta soon :)

Level 8
At the end, maximal 33 Spells. 11 from every Skill. You get all of 1 skilltree with lvl 30 so with lvl 90 you may have them all....atm. I will change that later.
And, the green is not growing at lava, this just looks like...it shouldnt be lava more....normal earth.
And: Why should a fantasy game be realistic?? :p

EDIT: Iam very sadly to say that the closed Beta probably won´t start this month. My "Spellmakers" didn´t done anything, so i have to do it on myself....sorry.
Hint: Edited the first Post with a lot information.

EDIT 2: Finished 2 Skilltrees yet, Defender-Skills are in production atm.
And another thing: I had a lot time at night to think and write about the story.
Iam finish with 6 DinA5 Pages :p Coming soon here and @my Website (nurgashadowhand.webs.com)

Level 8
Thank you :)
I hope the others will like it too.
I will write down the story now, will take a long time (6 pages xD)

Good luck with your green gem :p

Level 8
Some hard work...

Thanks ;)
Bad thing, i couldn´t start the closed beta in July. I would say it will start in August, this month. Or better i hope so...
But: Good thing takes long time :p

Added Defender Spells, and put new download in. (Version 12)

Finished the official Forum, join now!
http://dgrpg.freeforums.org

I´m actually working at translating of the story, so i can show it here, at my Website and at the forum :)

Mew....worked a bit at the damned Tower. Here is a screeny, it took 90 Doodads :grin:

Attachments

• Wc3ScrnTable.jpg
    Wc3ScrnTable.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 150
Last edited:
Level 8
:fp:Information Bump:

DONE:
-Items have Level/Class/Type Limits now
-Fixed some bugs
-Worked at the Tavern
-Made Room in the Damned Tower
-Loading Screen
-Finally a Backback
-Anti-Cheat-Save
-Protection
-...more will follow ;-)

~Nurga

Level 9
Review

-Apearal: The overall apearence of the map i think is pretty nice, maybe lacks some story line info such as what the map is overall about. 4/5

-Terrain: Now this seems like it is well put together but maybe a little bit less doodads, so theres not that much room for improvement but some terrain polishes will do. 4/5

-Improted Material: Maybe stick to standard hud to reduce filesize, looks nice but does not give that much room for other things such as models and icons. 3/5

-Balance: Now i did not play the map that long but the stuff that is done seems to be pretty balanced, maybe double check heros and re balance. 4/5

-Origanality: Now this map seems like a very basic ORPG, i mean that it has nothing realy that makes it stand out from all the others, maybe add a very nice following story line. 3/5

-Obeject Editor: Now it seems like you did not NEED to put all of the buildings and units etc. around the map, and maybe double check tooltips and hotkeys for errors. 4/5

-Gampelay: Seemed pretty origanal, I did not get any lag, Game ran pretty smooth, nothing outstanging but had some perks, like i said earlier maybe add an outstanding story line. 4/5

-Grammer: Now since i didnt play the map that long i did not see any grammer errors, but should probobly double check some things. 4/5

-Bugs: Did not see any bugs initialy but might be some in the map. 5/5

Overall: 35/45

So needs some work and some outstanding quality on why people should be playing Dungeon ORPG instead of any other, a few terrain polishes, get rid of unused items, maybe new interface, perferably standard, and keep it bug free ;)

Also check this

Level 8
Ok, thanks for the review.
So, let´s begin....
1.)Story is done, but i´m to lazy at the moment to put it in :S
2.)Well, i used more thank 12k Doodads, hard to the limit. Maybe i´ve to put some more in.
3.)Damn thing i like the interface so much :S
4.)Balances will be checked in the closed / open Beta, which will start if all is playable.
5.)Still basic, yes. Story will follow, and i will insert events, special RP/RPG-Parts, so you can also RP in the RPG ^^ More will follow, like professions and some extras :p
6.)Yeah, ive to make a "Spawn-Units-If-somebody-enters-area" Trigger. Will change some of the "normal" Units and Items to custom.
7.)The map shouldn´t be too hard for new ones, so its hold pretty easy :p
8.)Well, iam not so good in English xS But i will learn more.
9.)Good to see no bugs atm around there :>
10.)Yes, you are right. Need a lot of work, of course. Maybe i will change the interface to undead instead of the Demonic one ... sad :sad:
Nah, i hope to get all in without Bugs, Lagg and other shitty problems.
Also Instances and Raids etc will follow, but MUCH later, if the map is good.

Level 8
Well, thanks :)

Iam currently working at the healer-class (Saint), who is the only healer in the game. (Druid is too weak for heal)

I was lazy in the last times, maybe have to hurry up... :)
I´ve got so much cool ideas o_O hrhrhr have to hurry....

Hey nurga ive tried the map and now its time for a little review:grin:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Terrain: The terrain looks pretty good and dungeon-like, but i think there is a little too much doodads and please fix those "height-spikes" too. 4/5

Heroes: Seems balanced and looks good, but they cant upgrade thier strenght. 4/5

Quests: Havent tried many of them, but they sounds interesting and not the same boring things to do, everytime. 5/5

Imports: Remove the interface and replace it with the blizzard undead interface, and i also think you should remove a bit other imported models and replace them with blizzards. Imports makes the game lack and the file size much bigger. Please fix the disabled icons for the imported icons. 2/5

Gameplay: I think it will be pretty funny when playing on b.net or with friends and the gamplay is originally. I really like your idea with the training dummies, its good for the newbies. 4/5

Bugs: Found a bug and there may be some more. Please check everyting for bugs. Look on the "Other:" for more information about the bug. 4/5

Uniqueness: The RPG seems like alot of other maps i have played. There isnt something unique in this map. Sit down and think about what could be good and unique to put into your map. 2/5

Other: Alot of units speak to you and other walk around and doesnt just stand on the same place the whole game. Thats good, but please fix the speak bug. When your hero is in the other side of the map and you select a neutral he speaks to you. Please make a trigger that checks where on the map the hero is. 4/5
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Overall: 29/40

Level 8
Hey, X-OMG-X!
I really thank you for this review, and i will also answer you^^

1. It´s right, i should remove the Interface...bad, but not so important^^
Have to fix the DISBNT of the Icons...and use other Models.
2.Heroes can upgrade their strength with items, they will give you Bonus @ Damage, Heal etc, at later stages.
3.Bugs: Thanks. It´s a good idea. Will make a trigger...
4. The map is still in the Basic-Phase, which i´ve to finish. After that, i will get out my planned stuff. Muhahah :D
Like: A lot of RP/RPG-Stuff, not such a lame Farme-Kill-Loot-ORPG.
I will add alot of Events (Ingame) and Extras, Options etc...i´ve got more than 15 pages of ideas at my desk :p
Don´t worry, there will come a lot more.

Anyway...+REP :smile:

Level 8
Ah, ok that´s what you mean.
Well, it´s simple.
Maybe you know the old (not 2.0)
The Black Road ORPG.
Its the same there.
I mean...which cast-class need strength?
Whicht meele-class needs Intelligence?^^
So it´s simply because it´s useless to have a useless attribute and...
*whisper* I only have 5 Spells free :p 3 kinds of spellbooks and 2 attribute bonus^^

Level 8
Huh? It´s the [E], and it don´t work? Or did you use it with the mount? (have to change the Hotkey there)
Usually the button should work. (With Hero)

Thanks for report^^

Level 8
It´s finally done!
-The story is finished and published!
->Watch in the first post -> Information -> The Story

-=New Version=-
Version 16 (15.9.2009)
-Enterable Houses
-Fixed bugs
-Fixed amount of Doodads

PLEASE TEST & SUBSCRIBE! (Review)
Thanks

~Nurga
:fp::mwahaha::cute:

Hey an update:grin:
ill try it and post later

EDIT: I have made a little "i-think-you-should-do-list to you:grin:

Terrain: You have made many height-spikes wich looks wierd ingame. There is one in the first town at a house. Try to look at another angle and it will be much more visible ;)

Gameplay: The training dummies is a good idea but i think you should make them give a little more exp.

Spells: Some of them are really nice, but others could need some more work to make them nicer.

Other: Please pan camera when entering houses

Can i come up with some spells ideas for you? (and wich classes needs spell ideas)

Last edited:
Level 8
Hey :)

Thanks for the list.

-Pan the Camera on the Heroes
-Made new spawn system
-Added 1 Enemytype
-Added Recipe System
-Made new Saint Spells
-Got new ideas in my head :D

I already planned all spells, later i will work them out with xINT etc.

Level 7
Hey Nurga :D
Sorry i have been away for so long time, haven't been playing WC3 for too long xD
So i would like to help you test + ideas with you map again if you want :thumbs_up:

Level 8
Ofc i want you to :p Check the download in the first post, (not the newest version, but a really new)

Level 7
Review

Good things: :thumbs_up:
-The quests are good even though i only tried the two first one, not just go kill bla bla bla (ofc there should be some. . . . . . )
-Turtorial :grin: (but players need more time too read the text, especialy when he tell about the hero tent i couldn't read it because of an instantly
new message)
-Training Dummies :cute:
-You reduced the filesize greatly :thumbs_up:
-Titles (i didn't earned a title, but still nice idea.)

Things that could be improved
-More quests :mwahaha: and maybe some that are soloable
-Try to replace the grass with the "Ruined Dalaran grass" (the current grass is too green)
-Respawn system
-Items (drops two weapons every time - make the drop chance much smaller like 10% on every kill)
-Rename items please (boring names) Examples: The dagger could be called "Rusty Dirk" or something like that, The bow could be called "Rotten bow" (well almost rotten xD ), spear could be "Broken Spear" and ofc some items could be "Bad . . . . ."

I will add more if i have forgotten something :grin:

Level 8
Good things: :thumbs_up:
-The quests are good even though i only tried the two first one, not just go kill bla bla bla (ofc there should be some. . . . . . )
-Turtorial :grin: (but players need more time too read the text, especialy when he tell about the hero tent i couldn't read it because of an instantly
new message)
-Training Dummies :cute:
-You reduced the filesize greatly :thumbs_up:
-Titles (i didn't earned a title, but still nice idea.)

Things that could be improved
-More quests :mwahaha: and maybe some that are soloable
-Try to replace the grass with the "Ruined Dalaran grass" (the current grass is too green)
-Respawn system
-Items (drops two weapons every time - make the drop chance much smaller like 10% on every kill)
-Rename items please (boring names) Examples: The dagger could be called "Rusty Dirk" or something like that, The bow could be called "Rotten bow" (well almost rotten xD ), spear could be "Broken Spear" and ofc some items could be "Bad . . . . ."

I will add more if i have forgotten something :grin:

Hey White-Lion!
Thanks for your review, +REP ofc ;)

Well:
-More Quests will follow, of course. Soloable Quests are also planned, if you´ve got more spells (higher level) you will make it easy :p
-Okay, will replace it. Let´s see how it look
-Respawn System is not includet in that version^^
-Drop System needed!!! :p
-Good Idea! That would be good :D

So, i hope more people will test like some of you guys...and more :grin:

~Nurga

Level 7
Yay 1 rep :thumbs_up:

Currently testing some boss idea, wich you can implent in your map or use the ideas. (will give you the map once i think its good enough).

Btw an Item drop system could be done like this:

Event - A unit dies

Condition - Dying unit is equal too Zombie Thief

Action - If random number between 1 and 6 is equal too 1
Create one "Bad Dagger/Rusty Dirk" at location of dying unit
Else do nothing/
If random number between 1 and 6 is equal too 2
Create one "Bad sword" at location of dying unit

Level 8
Ah, thank you :D
With this trigger i will also create my Dice-rolling-Game in the Tavern ^^

Level 7
:D

More improvements:
-Elementary Destructors Icon?
-Bad Axe (what's the use of this item :p )
-Everybody can dual wield 2 weapons?
-Bad Spear can be dual wielded with Bad Dagger
-Assasins model is boring (just use the Demon Hunter?)
-My bag cant pick up weapons when my hero is wearing some D:
-What's the point of the house in the first town (the one you can enter)
-Quests doesnt reward XP

Level 8
:D

More improvements:
-Elementary Destructors Icon?
-Bad Axe (what's the use of this item :p )
-Everybody can dual wield 2 weapons?
-Bad Spear can be dual wielded with Bad Dagger
-Assasins model is boring (just use the Demon Hunter?)
-My bag cant pick up weapons when my hero is wearing some D:
-What's the point of the house in the first town (the one you can enter)
-Quests doesnt reward XP

1. Yeah, have to change it :p
2. Bad Axe is a sell-item. Trash^^
3. Currently, yes.
4. I did´n found a way to do 2Hand weapon limit atm
5. Ehm? No way :D
6. Yeah, a big problem. It needs much improvement
7. You can enter it. That´s it! xD Will put in a villager later.
8. Yeah, actually the first ones don´t. (Boss+Monsters are XP, too^^)

Level 7
More Things:
-Why doesn't the quest givers says anything :eekani: i wanna hear their story or atleast get some information
-Nice idea to create some text over other units when they are selected
-Ohh good idea about trash items, but maybe make them a little more valuable
-Hotkeys should be redone - for instance the spell books should have: 1. spell = Q 2. spell = W 3. spell = E etc.
-In the start of the game one of the militiats suddenly start to talk - but then again there is no text
-Nice that the spells get upgraded :thumbs_up:

Please add a cheat trigger for when im testing - something like if i type -level
my hero will raise by one level :p making it much easier to test since i will be able to do more quests.
And please add the newest version for me to test :grin:

Btw i think i know a way to fix the bug with the bag (but i don't know how your trigger works, lol xD )

Just set a Condition saying - Unit manipulating item is a Hero equal to true
This is when the hero is equipping an item

Or a Condition saying - Unit manipulating item is a Hero equal to false
This is when a player picks up soemthing with the bag

Level 8
More Things:
-Why doesn't the quest givers says anything :eekani: i wanna hear their story or atleast get some information
-Nice idea to create some text over other units when they are selected
-Ohh good idea about trash items, but maybe make them a little more valuable
-Hotkeys should be redone - for instance the spell books should have: 1. spell = Q 2. spell = W 3. spell = E etc.
-In the start of the game one of the militiats suddenly start to talk - but then again there is no text
-Nice that the spells get upgraded :thumbs_up:

Please add a cheat trigger for when im testing - something like if i type -level
my hero will raise by one level :p making it much easier to test since i will be able to do more quests.
And please add the newest version for me to test :grin:

Btw i think i know a way to fix the bug with the bag (but i don't know how your trigger works, lol xD )

Just set a Condition saying - Unit manipulating item is a Hero equal to true
This is when the hero is equipping an item

Or a Condition saying - Unit manipulating item is a Hero equal to false
This is when a player picks up soemthing with the bag

1. Huh? They say something! Activate undertitle^^
2. Yeah, and stackable what?^^
3. You´re right! Thats a good idea, i already though about it before
4. There is such a cheat :D But only I can use it! (will PM you at new version for cheat)
5. BagSystem is easy Follow Hero Trigger. But the equiptriggers are very complicated. ...mh maybe a condition is the answer.

New Version (17) added!!

Level 7
Okay tested the new version :grin:

Good things:
-Cheat :mwahaha:
-Respawn system
-Loot trigger
-Good quests

Things that could be improved:
-Elemental Destructors Icon :xxd:
-Elemental Destructor can destroy trees with volcano
-Elemental Destructor takes damage when he use the fire teleport spell (this can actually kill him)
-Jump Hotkey doesnt work
-The bag can buy mount :razz:
-Some spell mistakes (the Swamp) you spelled it Swomp, When you turn in the quest with the Zombie-Murder he says "geot"?, Elemental Destructors "fire breath spell" description says deady.
-In the Tower with the evil baron the teleport doesnt work in the dinner room (the one to the right)
-maybe add some respawn time to heroes

Questions:
-Where is the artifact sword?

Probally more. . . . . :confused:

Level 8
Okay tested the new version :grin:

Good things:
-Cheat :mwahaha:
-Respawn system
-Loot trigger
-Good quests

Things that could be improved:
-Elemental Destructors Icon :xxd:
-Elemental Destructor can destroy trees with volcano
-Elemental Destructor takes damage when he use the fire teleport spell (this can actually kill him)
-Jump Hotkey doesnt work
-The bag can buy mount :razz:
-Some spell mistakes (the Swamp) you spelled it Swomp, When you turn in the quest with the Zombie-Murder he says "geot"?, Elemental Destructors "fire breath spell" description says deady.
-In the Tower with the evil baron the teleport doesnt work in the dinner room (the one to the right)
-maybe add some respawn time to heroes

Questions:
-Where is the artifact sword?

Probally more. . . . . :confused:

Thanks for testing again. ( [x] = Done )
1. Fixed the icon now. [x]
2. It´s damn...i need a tree-regrow.
3. Well... :D First i thought it would be okay, but i think it needs some work. [x]
4. This **** Hotkey! It works for me :S I dunno what the problem is.
5. Ehhh :xxd: I have to add a condition^^ [x]
6. Okay, shit happenz^^ [x][x][x]
7. Will fix it. [x]
8. Yeah, the respawn system one time didn´t work anymore so i put this in^^ Have to make a new.
9. The Sword will be dropped by the Swamp Boss :p I will add a Message if it drops like: "Something fell out of the Monster´s Body." [x]

6/9 [x]

Thanks anyway...many work for me :bored: Well, lets go^^

Level 8
good thing you like it ;) I will work more on it, so i can finally present a beta to the end of the year >.< (planned was august xD)

Anyway, thanks for "subscribing :p

Level 8
HELP!

I need someone to deprotect my Map, ´cause i lost my old one >.<
(It´s protectet with a imported data)

Can someone please help?

Status
Not open for further replies.