• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dualism BETA

DualismLogo-1.png

More about Dualism:

http://www.facebook.com/ProjectDualism
http://www.projectdualism.com/
http://www.youtube.com/Sverk3rCraft
www.projectdualism.com (<3 Hylke)

Also check out Flashgabe, the guy who made our trailer
www.youtube.com/user/FLASHGABExMEDIAx

2lm135h.png
is a first person horror game currently in development. This might sound familiar to you as there are quite a few of them out there, but believe me, this one will be like none you've seen before. The storyline of Dualism is unique and creepy, straight from the twisted minds of the current developer.

Developers:
30ng8xe.png
Sverkerman with over 7 years of Warcraft 3 World Editor experience.

This project has so far costed me over $550 and taken me over 1100 hours to create.

In order to play Dualism you need to have following settings:
Model Detail High
Animation Quality High
Texture Quality High
Particles High
Lights High
Spell Detail High

icons_9130_btn.jpg

162bgh.png

DualismLogo2.jpg

DualismRock1jpg.png
DualismRock2jpg.png
DualismRock3jpg.png

1183wwz.jpg

2w701zr.png

2qxuj2p.jpg

s1860n.jpg

m923rq.jpg

33my51x.jpg

15ccc49.jpg

igdo3t.jpg

The year is 1882.
You are playing as Stephen Smith, A English crime investigator. You have been sent to Germany to solve a massive genocide which took place in Dormund. Dormund has ever since been completely untouched by human activity. The only relevant item you've managed to get your hands on so far is a document of the latest crime archived by the Dormund court.

nz2eki.png

icons_4065_btn.jpg

2nbhahw.png
20forhh.png
otnhq0.jpg
2008s94.png
30t18us.png
15ed9uh.png
bevwio.png
2945owj.png
juzots.jpg
mc4x9w.jpg

29y1q3a.png

Sample1 -
dp8mmh.png

Sample2 -
33pfybm.png

Sample3 -
2mzcoax.png

Sample4 -
vhyu0j.png

Sample5 -
1zodc2e.png

Sample6 -
15bx1f.png

Sample7 -
wjjbl.png

Sample8 -
33ubxae.png

Sample9 -
i6l4b9.png

awp9vm.png

s1svuv.png

15hiv6b.png

34o8p4p.png

icons_13301_btn.jpg

icons_10297_btn.jpg

Are you not wearing our supporter signature yet?

dq4pcp.png

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/directors-cut-horror-project-dualism-212702/#post2109770][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/dq4pcp.png[/IMG][/url]

---Major Help---
Born2Modificate
Grey Walker
Hashjie
Catch_ya
Goris
Dan
Bethesda Softworks

---Models---
Mc !
NewbieMapper
Pyramidhe@d
-BerZeKeR-
Klayton
SkriK
Tranquil
iristle
General Frank
Kitabatake
Misha
darkdeathknight
Sephiroth_VII
Klayton
geries
hortaxman
darkdoom
Xazuki
Pyritie
D.O.G.
Yayoi
sPy

---Skins---
horusrogue
Stanakin Skywalker
Saikann
simkitty181

---Icons---
CRAZYRUSSIAN
bigapple90
PeeKay
-Stygian-
Narandza
NFWar
stefanstan95
BeTaGod-
The World Is Flat
The_Silent
Ergius

---Beta Testing---
xorkatoss
sonofjay
Bugz
maddeem
Jazztastic
Chaosy
PROXY
Drunken_Jackal
Total_Warrior
VTZ
MoCo
ndhwar

Keywords:
Horror, RPG, Survival, Dualism, Sverkerman
Contents

Dualism BETA (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/09 14:42:11 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Credits have been added and this has received its previous 5/5 rating. Staff Contact - Rules Date: 00:07:46 15-Aug-12 Map...
Level 30
Map Review
Dualism (Version BETA)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"Dualism [BETA]" is a Horror type of Role Playing Game that takes place on an area of Germany where their is no population and its only up to you what has caused this story.

"This is a very amazing piece of work, you somehow re-imagined the game 'Amnesia' and building it in a wacraft 3 engine which is very unique and I guess this took so much work and effort to accomplish every detail, the game play itself is like the said game of walking, picking up items, and staying away from monsters, I find this game very challenging and yet user-friendly."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"By using the doodads that is very realistic and making up an outstanding terrain especially the forest, and inside halls of a house I find the game very good and adding a horror type of music and atmosphere combines everything in a most beautiful manner."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif

"Even though I see this game as a BETA stage, I played it and tested it and it feels very casual now but I don't know much about your limitations in adding more objects in-game, I had no problems encountering along the game and so overall, this is greatly recommended for single players who just likes this types of games and getting ready to scream their lungs out, good luck with the incoming updates."

Total Score:

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/5100%A

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Orcnet
Thank you!
Just out of curiosity, did you actually complete the map? If not I highly recommend it since Dualism's quality goes from 1-10 rather than 5-5 or 1-1. In other words the map evolves and becomes more beautiful over time.

There is one part of the game that I'm unhappy with that I will change. It is the journal updates. I believe that especially the cogwheel part can make a player way too confused to continue playing. Was this the case for you?

Dualism Incomplete Review (Haven't Finished)
My grading scale:
Story: maximum of 1.5 stars
Creativity: Maximum of 1 star
Terrain/Atmosphere: Maximum of 1 star
Fun Factor: Maximum of 1 star
Game Features/Presentation: Maximum of .5 stars

Story
If you don't watch the dualism trailer, then you really wouldn't know what is happening or where you are. However, the map does an exceedingly good job of telling the story without telling the story. The voice acting helps, and the journals lying around are a very good addition. My one suggestion is adding some more backstory to what you are doing in the journal.
Rating: 1.25/1.5
Creativity
Certainly something that hasn't been done in warcraft 3 before, on this scale. Although the story is not as unique as I may have liked it to be, it is still a effective and well told one.
Rating: 1/1
Terrain/Atmosphere
The terrain is well done and intresting, although It could have used a few more ground doodads. It does blend very well with the map. The atmosphere is masterfully done.
Rating: .75/1
Fun Factor
I was to busy being scared to have fun. The reason I haven't finished the game yet is because last time I played it, it was dark, and this is not a game to play in the dark. It has some legitimate scares and surprises. It makes you nervous, and immerses you. Good job.
Rating: 1/1
Game Features/Presentation
The presentation is professional, and the game feels professional unlike the vast majority of maps. Contrary to others, I think the bear traps were a valuable game addition. The game is simple and fun. Good job.
Rating: .5/.5

All in all, dualism is one the list for top warcraft three maps. A few improvements, and it'll be all the way there. Outstanding job.
+rep
Overall rating: 4.5/5
We always round up for hive.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@BallisticTerrain
Thank you for the kind words and the effort and time you've spent into your review! I agree with that the terraining can be improved and I had in mind to make many more journal updates and general updates as to what to do and why you are doing it.

I hope to see you play it through, please let me know if you are stuck.

Dualism will be finished btw. I have a lot of things going on in my life at the moment but eventually I will find time to finish this, perhaps at Summer.

@Orcnet
Thank you!
Just out of curiosity, did you actually complete the map? If not I highly recommend it since Dualism's quality goes from 1-10 rather than 5-5 or 1-1. In other words the map evolves and becomes more beautiful over time.

There is one part of the game that I'm unhappy with that I will change. It is the journal updates. I believe that especially the cogwheel part can make a player way too confused to continue playing. Was this the case for you?
I alt+f4'd after the ghoul appeared behind me maaan...

1.In my opinion it is horrible because it does not sounds like some narrator instead it sounds like a nerd person wich makes the game feels bad.I also sugest adding some kind of smoky fog effect on the lateral parts and up and down of the screen this would make it seem more cool.Also the ghouls in the darkness are way too big in my opinion.I believe they should be smaller in order to make a little logic matching their movement speed and things like that.Also I do suggest that when you reach light havens sounds should calm a bit and monsters attacks the same(if any).And I believe 3rd person camera would work even better for this genre you got in here.Nevertheless it's a cool map!

2.If you build something thinking on the profit it would result in a superficial project...like this one ... like there's no need for us to know how much money you spent on it and I dont really believe you know what is a good game and how to make one properly. This map is a ripp-off of amnesia mostly combined with silent hill and all other stuff, if im straightforward. Every vjasser + art modeller knows how to do this and i think even better it's just about time.The thing wich harrases me is that you keep telling people about you spent 550 dollars and 1100 hours and keep tellimg them this is a director's cut. It's like you push down their throats to eat it.Well if you play this from bottom to the end this ain't no dirrector's cut project. Director's cut result barelly have a bug or two. This map has lots of bugs and most of them are because you wanted to do the imposible in order to impress. "Few people can do the impossible and survive" and you ain't one of them , this map is the proof.I find this map replayability zero to me.Kitabatake is right about everything he is saying about your map and I do like his comment alot on this map.

3.You were too desperate to have succes and to make money over this and you've failed in my opinion!Good luck and happy map making!

aawwww
but look who's jealous!! ;D

PS: double post,sorry again ^^

Last edited:
Level 17
It is really depressing to see how few downloads this has compared to primitive arena/AOS/kill-stuff-add-to-leaderboard garbage that the community gushes every day.

Well I guess that is the reason why there are so few worthwhile modifications for wc3.

Level 1
I thought this was awesome. I have never played anything like this in warcraft before. It was truly something new. The only thing i think you should change is the the amnesia sounds. otherwise I think it's great and i think you can make it even better. Love to see more of this good job!

Sverkerman

Level 17
I'm going to start working on a huge update for Dualism shortly after Satyr vs Draenei is released to the map section here on Hiveworkshop this Sunday which I've been working on for the past 1 year and 4 months. The update will include a lot of bug fixes, more journal updates to make the game friendlier, some modifications to the major systems to reduce lagg and an ending to the journey of Stephen Smith.

Get yourselves excited by re-watching the trailer!

Level 23
I dont want to be dick but Im very surprised this is approved, this is in beta, has many bugs and author made no effort to update the map since release

I didnt thought hive was supporting unfinished maps without updating, I will sure use this feature as well

I dont want to be dick but Im very surprised this is approved, this is in beta, has many bugs and author made no effort to update the map since release

I didnt thought hive was supporting unfinished maps without updating, I will sure use this feature as well
It's an exception. This map is very polished in its genre, simply one of the best we've seen so far.

Level 6
I'm going to start working on a huge update for Dualism shortly after Satyr vs Draenei is released to the map section here on Hiveworkshop this Sunday which I've been working on for the past 1 year and 4 months. The update will include a lot of bug fixes, more journal updates to make the game friendlier, some modifications to the major systems to reduce lagg and an ending to the journey of Stephen Smith.

well you can count on me to review that bad boy (havent played this for quite a time but i remenber the basics)

Level 23
Again, I dont want to be dick but I even saw people using this to make things not approved:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/rulesandpolicies/#faq_resourcesubmissionrulesandguidelines said:
No matter how good the resource is, if the submission does not contain all of the requirements (Specific Resource Rules) it will not be accepted for the main section.

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/faq/maprules/ said:
Original Work
Maps must be significantly worked on, or entirely created, by their submitter.