• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
hey guys, my commentary video should be up by tomorrow, just need to find some time home alone to do the commentary video because I don't want my family to hear me and think that im talking to my self >_<

It's me Hesoyham..
But i can't play on Garena anymore :/ :/
Because it said hacked always Y.Y
Well i just can play on RGC ;) ;)

Level 20
It's me Hesoyham..
But i can't play on Garena anymore :/ :/
Because it said hacked always Y.Y
Well i just can play on RGC ;) ;)
dafuq?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
WC3%20Error.jpg
no idea what happened, yesterday i could play the map just fine but today i get error and wc3 closes o_O
if anybody knows a way to solve this, please help

additional info:
i tried playing other maps too and i could play them fine, the problem seems to occur only with Dualism..

old retarded joke:
i use to play Dualism on wc3 but then i took an arrow to the knee.

Level 6
Rather unimpressed by the map itself. Overall atmosphere looks alright for war3 but the buggy camera/movement/sound functions kills it. But then again it's easy to explain why looking at the code you of your "Advanced Camera System", lol. Did you really put money into this map? Odd why you call it a "closed beta pool" btw.

Level 13
dafuq?

IMPORTANT NOTICE:
WC3%20Error.jpg
no idea what happened, yesterday i could play the map just fine but today i get error and wc3 closes o_O
if anybody knows a way to solve this, please help

additional info:
i tried playing other maps too and i could play them fine, the problem seems to occur only with Dualism..

old retarded joke:
i use to play Dualism on wc3 but then i took an arrow to the knee.

True Story'z ;) ;)
But, it mean you must set the video option to high ;) ;)

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Darkt3mpl3r

It is rather rude of you to judge my map without playing it. Also, a lot of bugs was found when my beta testers tested it.
The camera & movement system is as good as you can possibly get inside Warcraft 3. No better has simply been made.

I do not understand what you mean with buggy sound functions. All sounds are triggered perfectly.

Darkt3mpl3r said:
Did you really put money into this map?

Yes, $573

Darkt3mpl3r said:
Odd why you call it a "closed beta pool" btw.

What do you mean by this?

@Xorkatoss
hm... I've never got that ;P
I think it is graphic related so make sure that you are playing it will all the settings on high and the highest resolution your monitor allows.

Level 6
I don't know why you're implying that I didn't play your map, which I think is rather rude. Seems that one of your beta testers likes to leak a lot. So here's your proof
JASS:
function AdvancedCameraSystem___Actions takes nothing returns nothing
local real x
local real y
local real angle
local real rz
local real z
local integer i=0
local integer Check
local real CheckDistance
local real DistanceDone
local rect rec

Level 6
@Darkt3mpl3r
That proves that you know what camera and movement system I am using which I've already mentioned, not that you have my map.

Anyhow, if this harrassment is about to continue I'll contact an admin ASAP.

I am not harrassing you. I just replied to your post. You wanted it, you get it. And really, don't make me upload your map to filehosters. Guess you don't want that, just that I prooved I and servere others have Dualism.w3x on our local computers. Don't worry, I won't. I can just send you you're entire mapscript in a PM. What's more surprising for me is that you want to play this out in your thread rather than per PM.

Good luck in near future with your map.

Level 20
LoL'z you should thanked to me because i help him ;) ;)
The solution as i said there: You must set the video setting to High at all ;) ;)
thank you for what? i found how to fix it before i even had the chance to read your comment >_<
anyway thnx from me aswell, if i didn't fix it myself your comment woulld have helped me:)

and as i said:
i tested it and you can play the map at everything Low and shadows/oclussion off but Texture Quality must be High for some reason o_O
so not everything has to be at High.

EDIT:
the commentary video is progressing good so far!! although the fps is getting lower and lower every minute;/
are you sure you are clearing/removing all leaks?
when i "read" the book all the lag does away but when i enter in first person mode the lag comes back again=/
well it might just be my weak laptop-__- but i never had so much lag, especially in a wc3 map o_O

Level 28
Well yeah this is my promise review,

Fun Factor:(3/5)

Lets see.. yeah that game was fun(and scary) but sometimes the controls are kinda annoying, specially when picking items, I know the purpose of "You need to be near to *action** but I'm having a hard time picking up items, I guess you should add a command to make the camera look up and down, its also useful for places where you need to go up and down since sometimes you're looking right on the floor when climbing up some places.

Scariness:(4/5)

No doubt that the game was really scary, even for a veteran horror gamer like me, Dualism still gives a creep to me. Plus the story are great and gives me a feel of anxiety.

Innovation: (5/5)

Probably the best Warcraft 3 horror map that I ever played,it taken a higher step for a war3 map, I mean the amount of worked putted on this, really pays off.

Sound:(6/5)

This is the part that I really love the most, the sounds is the biggest asset of Dualism, it execution is amazing, I mean even a mere rat have its custom sounds, the musics is thrilling, the voice acts are well-recorded and environmental sounds is just amazing.

Art Style: (4/5)

From UI, icon and loading screen are just amazing, but why not add a custom preview image?

Graphics: (4.5/5)

The models used for Dualism is well made, we can't complain more, since it uses almost or all of B2M's high quality models, it really boost the look of the game, and the execution of the terrain is also impressive, the cellar looks good, there caves etc villages, everything is well made, but I feel some emptiness on some parts.

I'm a guy that really hard to impress specially if we're talking about horror games since I'm even disappointed about amnesia(hows that?). But I must say, I'm a bit impress about dualism, specially the fact that its made using the World Editor. Well there are bugs/glitches but we can't complain on it since some of them are cause by the old war3 itself.

My rating is: 4.5/5 I'm looking forward for the full version.

Level 20
Well yeah this is my promise review,

Fun Factor:(3/5)

Lets see.. yeah that game was fun(and scary) but sometimes the controls are kinda annoying, specially when picking items, I know the purpose of "You need to be near to *action** but I'm having a hard time picking up items, I guess you should add a command to make the camera look up and down, its also useful for places where you need to go up and down since sometimes you're looking right on the floor when climbing up some places.

Scariness:(4/5)

No doubt that the game was really scary, even for a veteran horror gamer like me, Dualism still gives a creep to me. Plus the story are great and gives me a feel of anxiety.

Innovation: (5/5)

Probably the best Warcraft 3 horror map that I ever played,it taken a higher step for a war3 map, I mean the amount of worked putted on this, really pays off.

Sound:(6/5)

This is the part that I really love the most, the sounds is the biggest asset of Dualism, it execution is amazing, I mean even a mere rat have its custom sounds, the musics is thrilling, the voice acts are well-recorded and environmental sounds is just amazing.

Art Style: (4/5)

From UI, icon and loading screen are just amazing, but why not add a custom preview image?

Graphics: (4.5/5)

The models used for Dualism is well made, we can't complain more, since it uses almost or all of B2M's high quality models, it really boost the look of the game, and the execution of the terrain is also impressive, the cellar looks good, there caves etc villages, everything is well made, but I feel some emptiness on some parts.

I'm a guy that really hard to impress specially if we're talking about horror games since I'm even disappointed about amnesia(hows that?). But I must say, I'm a bit impress about dualism, specially the fact that its made using the World Editor. Well there are bugs/glitches but we can't complain on it since some of them are cause by the old war3 itself.

My rating is: 4.5/5 I'm looking forward for the full version.
use hidden please?:)
and wow now that's what I call a full review!!

EDIT:
just finished my bad-ass intro and though ill let you guys know:

Level 13
Heey i thing that all are 5/5 because all map i rating are 5/5 ( Do i can make it as good as it?? ) So, i never rating all map 5/5 downer ;) ;)
It so scariness, like resident evil 4 on PS2, so Scared when faced with zombie @.@
And that Graphic are so high resolution and it also the highest currently ;) ;) ( The model'z i mean )
;) ;) Have Fun'z ;) ;)

Level 28
^
Didn't understand a thing

But Let me explain a thing to you FRENGERS, not because of map uses high quality models means the quality gameplay is great, its always on the execution of all the things like the things I mentioned above,

Just to make it clear, I haven't finish the beta yet, and my review will be revised after I finish it tomorrow, those are my first impressions only.

Level 13
^
Didn't understand a thing

But Let me explain a thing to you FRENGERS, not because of map uses high quality models means the quality gameplay is great, its always on the execution of all the things like the things I mentioned above,

Just to make it clear, I haven't finish the beta yet, and my review will be revised after I finish it tomorrow, those are my first impressions only.

Ok Have Fun'z ;) ;)
This is SPARTA ;) ;)
But, can you give me the map'z pleasee..
Y.Y Y.Y

I am not harrassing you. I just replied to your post. You wanted it, you get it. And really, don't make me upload your map to filehosters. Guess you don't want that, just that I prooved I and servere others have Dualism.w3x on our local computers. Don't worry, I won't. I can just send you you're entire mapscript in a PM. What's more surprising for me is that you want to play this out in your thread rather than per PM.

Good luck in near future with your map.

Dart3mpl3r, you have no right to threaten people in their own project's thread. Your tone is anything but encouraging and frankly, I don't even understand what are you up to. Consider this as a warning.

You should turn off the option for health bars, it ruins the feel of the game if u can find the location of everything by pressing alt.
Threatening to give a beta map away to everyone is a JOKE.
Seriously, the worst that would happen is that this thread becomes even more popular.

Sigh.. If only people were threatening to give away my maps lol.
You know you have a good map going on if someone does this xD

Btw I couldn't get skype yesterday so I will either be late to beta test or not beta test at all D:
Guess I'll wait for the final vers like everyone else :p

thank you for what? i found how to fix it before i even had the chance to read your comment >_<
anyway thnx from me aswell, if i didn't fix it myself your comment woulld have helped me:)

and as i said:

so not everything has to be at High.

EDIT:
the commentary video is progressing good so far!! although the fps is getting lower and lower every minute;/
are you sure you are clearing/removing all leaks?
when i "read" the book all the lag does away but when i enter in first person mode the lag comes back again=/
well it might just be my weak laptop-__- but i never had so much lag, especially in a wc3 map o_O
@Sverkerman You should be setting the max view distance to something lower and don't show the entire map. (At least it looks like you show the entire map in your videos.)

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@maddeem
I'm going to send you a PM with a download link to Dualism Beta. Also the HP bars should be off, I don't understand why they are not. I'll have to take a look into that for sure.

Also, this map is laggy for the laptops. I strongly recommend playing this on a stationary computer and not a laptop.

Level 20
@maddeem
I'm going to send you a PM with a download link to Dualism Beta. Also the HP bars should be off, I don't understand why they are not. I'll have to take a look into that for sure.

Also, this map is laggy for the laptops. I strongly recommend playing this on a stationary computer and not a laptop.
idk what method you used to hide hp bars but this one is used in BnG and works well:
-set Art - Selection Scale to: -1

done:)

and no idea how a laptop or desktop computer will make a difference...it's the ram and cpu that matter the most >_<

Level 21
Hi Sverkerman,

i recently got aware of your project, since Dualism made quite a turmoil. You clearly stated on the first page, that Dualism has been nominated for the map of the month. How can it be? There are 2 days left to vote and Requiem has quite the edge at the moment!?

Am i missing something

Level 21
Well...

shouldn't you state then, that you have been nominated for the poll for the map of the month (lol). It's kinda misleading at the moment. What about something like: "Vote for Dualism to become map of the month"?

And by definition Dualism has not been nominated for Map of the month so far.

Am i the first to point this out?

Level 20
No let's play videos yet? I would want to see someone scream playing this game...
haha im going to release my commentary vid soon but there aren't really going to be any screams in it.

main reasons for that:
-not scary after playing it for like the third time since you know the story line
-im using push-to-talk function

offtopic:
how to f*cking vote in this f*cking sh*t? :ogre_rage:

Level 19
I agree. Dualism rocks when I first played it. I got scared and it was like 9 in the morning when I played it. But it lagged in replayability.
One thing to work on Sverker!

I might make a video for it, but no comentary, maybe just subtitles.
Worse comes to worse, just a Warcraft 3 Replay.

Level 20
I agree. Dualism rocks when I first played it. I got scared and it was like 9 in the morning when I played it. But it lagged in replayability.
One thing to work on Sverker!

I might make a video for it, but no comentary, maybe just subtitles.
Worse comes to worse, just a Warcraft 3 Replay.
well i was going to make one with subtitles too but if you watch vids from other games, usually commentary vids are a lot better and sure a lot faster to make:p

EDIT:
nvm i found out how to vote and voted for Dualism ofc;D
too bad Requiem has the lead with like 11 votes more than Dualism;/
well at the bright side Dualism is at the third place :grin:

EDIT 2:
good news! my Gameplay-Commentary video is done rendering and is currently being uploaded on youtube, going to post it here aswell when it's done if anybody is interested:p

EDIT 3:
as i promised, here it is:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.