• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@xorkatoss

xorkatoss said:
Should i upload the videos on my youtube account or send it to you for upload?

You should make your own youtube channel to upload them to. If you want to I can support you by mentioning your youtube channel inside one of my future videos.

xorkatoss said:
Is there going to be any sort of Dualism Intro that we could include at the beginning of the vid?

I would suggest that you have some kind of youtube opening for "you"
It could be "Xorkatoss plays scary games" or something similar. I can send you our logo(s) if you want to introduce the game before getting down to playing it for your viewers in a more proffesional style.

xorkatoss said:
I am able to record warcraft sound/music and i will, but i do not want to record myself screaming/talking from the mic, is that ok?:p

This is something which I am strongly disagreeing on. Not using a webcam is one thing but not using a microphone totally ruins the quality of entertainment.

I would strongly suggest that you record your own voice. It would add so much to the video as you could comment meanwhile playing and perhaps even develop different characters inside the game just like many other famous horror game playing youtubers are such as Pewdiepie with "Stephano" "Piggy" "Barrels" etc.

See it like this, what would you enjoy watching the most:

This

Or this

If you do end up making gameplay videos of Dualism it's going to support not only Dualism but also Hiveworkshop as that will be the only site where you can download Dualism.

The more enjoying your video(s) are the more attention it will get. The more attention your videos gets the more attention Dualism will get. The more attention Dualism gets the more attention Hiveworkshop gains.

Level 28
lets make a Lets Play Dualism Video!, Problem is I don't have a mic, well maybe I'll buy one but I'm planning to do a Lets Play Dualism video with its full content, till then I'll just point out things that needs improvement etc etc.

Off-topic:

Not to mention I love PewDiePie but I hope Toby will make a full lets play amnesia, that would be awesome
81.gif

Sverkerman

Level 17
The more let's plays of Dualism the better. I really appreciate all videos that has anything to do with Dualism A-LOT as it helps me out the most.

Also, Dualism Beta will delay around 2 days as I am trying to get a hold on my voice actors.

Additionally, if I need another voice actor, could any of you guys that reads this help out? You'll get a nice
Dualism preview if you do ;)

Skype is required tho.

Anyone?

Level 11
I can voice act if you need someone with a deep mature voice even thou I am 16.

Realy I can you will see for your self, but I think the main problem might be my MIC since the sound quality is poor on it. Aniway my skype is marko.miladinovic.97 so If you need a hand give me a call ;)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Update:

I just bought this for £144.

207675.jpg

The reason behind this purchase is that I'm not happy with the built in microphone inside my webcamera anymore. I want to be able to produce high quality entertainment videos for my youtube channel and perhaps do some stuff for my Warcraft 3 maps in the future and maybe even Dualism.

I bought it from a Swedish company so it should arrive within no-time.

You might have to wait for Dualism to be released till after I got my hands on it as I'm having trouble finding people suitable for the kind of high quality voice acting that I am insisting of having.
In other words, I wont let my standard down just because its hard to get.

Level 20
Sverkerman said:
You should make your own youtube channel to upload them to. If you want to I can support you by mentioning your youtube channel inside one of my future videos.
well i already have a youtube channel, just not many vids uploaded yet:p

Sverkerman said:
I would suggest that you have some kind of youtube opening for "you"
It could be "Xorkatoss plays scary games" or something similar. I can send you our logo(s) if you want to introduce the game before getting down to playing it for your viewers in a more proffesional style.
hmm that's a good idea, although im not that good in creating intros, ill give it a try when i have some time:p

Sverkerman said:
This is something which I am strongly disagreeing on. Not using a webcam is one thing but not using a microphone totally ruins the quality of entertainment.
well that could be quiet a problem because:
  1. I never made a commentary vid for a game before
  2. Im a bit shy to talk to the mic *_*

guess i could use audacity to change the pitch of my voice a bit or something:p

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

guess i could use audacity to change the pitch of my voice a bit or something:p
Unless you're a young kid with a high pitched ear rape voice, you don't have to. If you are totally thinking about not talking to microphone with your voice, do not, imo, use a microphone.

Level 20
Unless you're a young kid with a high pitched ear rape voice, you don't have to. If you are totally thinking about not talking to microphone with your voice, do not, imo, use a microphone.
well im 17 >_<
although after recording my voice and hearing it I didn't really like it.

Man, I wish I coulda joined in the voice acting. I have a voice modifier and everything :(
don't be sad dude!! as Sverk said this is just the Beta, you might have a chance to voice act in the making of the full version:)

Sverkerman

Level 17
Hey guys sorry about the delay ;P

Just want everything to be perfect before I let my beta testers have their hands on my precious piece of Warcraft3 artwork!

Atm I am just adding final touches and waiting for the 2 last files of voiceacting. Then after that is done I need to remove all unused imported material for the beta version and also protect the map.

We are going to add a timer on our homepage. It is going to be the countdown until you can download Dualism. This does not apply for Beta Testers tho as they will get their hands on Dualism once I get the voiceacting files.

Level 14
Caching bug almost completely fixed, working on making the book sounds work on cross-platform browsers. Made the e-mail for recieving a serial code look better.
Also: (for those who did donate but didn't get the e-mail, please check your spam filter).

The countdown timer will be implemented tomorrow.

Last edited:
Level 20
Atm I am just adding final touches and waiting for the 2 last files of voiceacting. Then after that is done I need to remove all unused imported material for the beta version and also protect the map
hmm this got me thinking a bit, where does voiceacting takes part if it's a ghost town?
does the player talk to it's self or smth?

Level 14
My sincere apoligies for this promise that I made:
Hashjie said:
The countdown timer will be implemented tomorrow.

Apparantly I had some obligations to attend to today.
Be that as it may, I will continue onward with the timer tomorrow.
Please be patient as I will make sure it'll be implemented as soon as possible.

Level 11
My sincere apoligies for this promise that I made:

Apparantly I had some obligations to attend to today.
Be that as it may, I will continue onward with the timer tomorrow.
Please be patient as I will make sure it'll be implemented as soon as possible.

Dont make promises... when you implement the timer than you will tell us no need of promises.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Update!

All Beta Testers add my skype. Dualism will be ready in a couple of hours for you to test.

If you do not have skype, download it and then add me. You don't need a microphone or a webcam. The reason for this is to make the communication between us easier.

My skype is: Sverk3rCraft

List of Beta Testers:

xorkatoss
sonofjay
Hashjie
Bugz
Unknown
Hades17
Hexcellion
maddeem
Jazztastic
Atticus
Chaosy
PROXY
Drunken_Jackal
Total_Warrior
VTZ
MoCo

Note: No skype - No Testing!

Level 20
lol, nothing wrong with that
idk it just sounded a bit harsh >_<
The first Beta Testing session will begin in 4 hours and 30 minutes!
I added you on Skype, not sure if you accepted my friend request, anyway will the download link be provided from skype or from PM on hive?

I'm leaving town for a while on Saturday and won't have connection to the internet. I think someone else should really take my place in the Beta testing. I hate to drop this on your last minute but I thought this would be out a week ago >_>

I could test up until Saturday, but after that it's just not possible for me to provide feedback.

ndh

ndh

Level 8
haha, ok : ) Can't wait to play it. Are you planning on releaseing it before the 25 of this month? I know that myself and possibly my dad (being as this is so well done) would like to play this. btw, typing with a kitten is pretty funny... every now and then he will hit the space bar :p

Level 28
Okay so here it is,s I'm testing Dualism now, i'm gonna drop a lovely review for it after I finish it.

This will be my criteria for judging.

Fun Factor: How fun the game is,to be simple, boring or not.
Scariness: How scary the game is.
Innovation: How unique the game is from other war3 horror maps
Sound: How the sounds blend with the game, and moments.
Art Style: 2D stuffs
Graphics: Terrain and how good the models used look fall on this.

good luck to me.

Last edited:
Level 12
i will give my feedback soon too, oh god at that part, i just got unstuck on a rock, and then i just faceroll my keyboard trying to pause the game g_______ g

Status
Not open for further replies.