1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. The heavens smile on the old faithful. The 16th Techtree Contest has begun.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The die is cast - the 6th Melee Mapping Contest results have been announced. Onward to the Hive Cup!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The glory of the 20th Icon Contest is yours for the taking!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Shoot to thrill, play to kill. Sate your hunger with the 33rd Modeling Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Do you hear boss music? It's the 17th Mini Mapping Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dualism BETA

Submitted by Sverkerman
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
[​IMG]
v=L0_S5Ki6Qws&feature=plcp
[​IMG]
Azothan playthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oq5ymyk24k4&list=UU2S0DucBRlGzAQiBgAc4NBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0iZ5uDydWM&list=UU2S0DucBRlGzAQiBgAc4NBA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFwhcLoRNzg&list=UU2S0DucBRlGzAQiBgAc4NBA

Dan playthrough

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jMkjTqJq_2k&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLubrG2YQsA&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uCvns-Vcc7o&feature=plcp http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GR6_-Act6-g&feature=plcp

More about Dualism:
[​IMG]
http://www.facebook.com/ProjectDualism
http://www.projectdualism.com/
http://www.youtube.com/Sverk3rCraft
www.projectdualism.com (<3 Hylke)

Also check out Flashgabe, the guy who made our trailer
www.youtube.com/user/FLASHGABExMEDIAx

[​IMG] is a first person horror game currently in development. This might sound familiar to you as there are quite a few of them out there, but believe me, this one will be like none you've seen before. The storyline of Dualism is unique and creepy, straight from the twisted minds of the current developer.

Developers:
[​IMG]Sverkerman with over 7 years of Warcraft 3 World Editor experience.

This project has so far costed me over $550 and taken me over 1100 hours to create.

In order to play Dualism you need to have following settings:
Model Detail High
Animation Quality High
Texture Quality High
Particles High
Lights High
Spell Detail High

[​IMG]
Images

Concept Art

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Ingame Pictures

picture1

[​IMG]

picture2

[​IMG]

picture3

[​IMG]

picture4

[​IMG]

picture5

[​IMG]

picture6

[​IMG]

picture7

[​IMG]

picture8

[​IMG]

Plot

The year is 1882.
You are playing as Stephen Smith, A English crime investigator. You have been sent to Germany to solve a massive genocide which took place in Dormund. Dormund has ever since been completely untouched by human activity. The only relevant item you've managed to get your hands on so far is a document of the latest crime archived by the Dormund court.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
The making of Dualism

Terrain and Gameplay Concept

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Dualism UI

[​IMG]

First Update

Sample1 - [​IMG]
Sample2 - [​IMG]
Sample3 - [​IMG]
Sample4 - [​IMG]
Sample5 - [​IMG]
Sample6 - [​IMG]
Sample7 - [​IMG]
Sample8 - [​IMG]
Sample9 - [​IMG]

Horror Forest

[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]
[​IMG]

[​IMG]
Videos

Dualism Trailer (Old

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xECSZlXGcjw

Dualism Update #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN7_heuVOPI&feature=plcp&context=C4da2369VDvjVQa1PpcFP6092rBFrYHNrfVgU8EWQWclJS0SPRc4A%3D

Dualism Update #2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR7iPovIz4o&feature=plcp&context=C4473f35VDvjVQa1PpcFP6092rBFrYHDq5MkP0JWPwo-DjL6Z1KMs%3D

Dualism Making of Dormund Castle (Great Hall)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lEGTcvlWc8&feature=plcp

Dualism Making of Dormund Castle (Dining Section)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2BYgiA8k5o

Dan Plays Alpha

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1gWLMMAdpM&feature=player_embedded#!

[​IMG]
Are you not wearing our supporter signature yet?
Supporter Signature

[​IMG]
Whats the Signature Code?

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/directors-cut-horror-project-dualism-212702/#post2109770][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/dq4pcp.png[/IMG][/url]

Credits

---Major Help---
Born2Modificate
Grey Walker
Hashjie
Catch_ya
Goris
Dan
Bethesda Softworks

---Models---
Mc !
NewbieMapper
Pyramidhe@d
-BerZeKeR-
Klayton
SkriK
Tranquil
iristle
General Frank
Kitabatake
Misha
darkdeathknight
Sephiroth_VII
Klayton
geries
hortaxman
darkdoom
Xazuki
Pyritie
D.O.G.
Yayoi
sPy

---Skins---
horusrogue
Stanakin Skywalker
Saikann
simkitty181

---Icons---
CRAZYRUSSIAN
bigapple90
PeeKay
-Stygian-
Narandza
NFWar
stefanstan95
BeTaGod-
The World Is Flat
The_Silent
Ergius

---Beta Testing---
xorkatoss
sonofjay
Bugz
maddeem
Jazztastic
Chaosy
PROXY
Drunken_Jackal
Total_Warrior
VTZ
MoCo
ndhwar

Keywords:
Horror, RPG, Survival, Dualism, Sverkerman
Contents

Dualism BETA (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/09 14:42:11 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Credits have been added and this has received its previous 5/5 rating. Staff Contact - Rules Date: 00:07:46 15-Aug-12 Map...
  1. Vengeancekael
    Date: 2012/Sep/09 14:42:11
    [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact]

Comment: [Approved]
    Credits have been added and this has received its previous 5/5 rating.

Staff Contact - Rules

Previous Moderation
    Date: 00:07:46 15-Aug-12
    Map Moderator: -Kobas-
    Map Status: Approved 5/5
    Contact map moderator: Visitor Message / Private Message!
    Useful Links:
    If you have any complaints or questions about your map, please make a thread here:Map Resource Moderation.

Comment: Official Review

2. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map progress

Currently working on this:
    Bugs:
    Bug where you are "teleported" behind the pathing blockers of the road.
    Monsters do not have locust.
    Forgot to remove the names of all units.
    Forgot to add Trigger - Turn off trigger at a event where a monster sound is played inside the forest.
    You can still move while being dead.
    Missing a pathing blocker at the "hay house"
    Saving is still disabled after defeating Butcher.

Improvements:
    • Actions
      • Game - Enable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
      • Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
      • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)

Hide all units outside of a 1000 range of the player.
    Increase interracting range from 300 to 450.
    Add text to the third unused door where you find the cogwheel when pressed to not confuse the player.
    Set all units' selection size to -1 in object editor so the screen won't be filled with floating healthbars all the time.
    Make the "Run" be activated by double tapping the forward arrowkey.
    Put Save Spots more often.
    Add credits to all wonderful helpers and resource creators for the map thread!
    Add text to when you die.
    Do not disable movement for the owl in the forest.
    Add even more detail to the forest as -Kobas- suggested.
    Add support collums in the cellar.
    Contact Hylke about merging GUI main systems into Vjass.
    Make some potions float abit higher.
    Remove unused improted material.

Warning
    Reading below this post might ruin the game for you as it contains spoilers.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
  3. Drunken_Jackal

Drunken_Jackal

Resources:
    Resources:
    Non beta testers are dancing riht now.
    Good job, Sverker.

4. moyackx

moyackx

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Downloading....

5. Masokist91

Masokist91

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Short review :
    + graphics + concept
    + story and action feeling
    + originality
    + athmosphere
    + complexity

- horrible voice acting
    - some movement bugs
    - some delay within the camera

Can use more work but i give you one big suggestion ...
    I believe the voice acting within the journal pages ruins the athmosphere mostly ...
    and I believe you should remove them ... the map without them would be way better and scary .
    This is my opinion ! Overall it deserves a 5/5 6/5 because the athmosphere is fanatical !
    Good luck !

Should get a better minimap and some better description also!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2012
  6. FRENGERS

FRENGERS

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @.@ Thunk'z.... And ok.... Hope there are not crashed thing'z ;) ;)
    EDIT: It'z crashed Y.Y Why Y.Y!! FATAL ERROR it said Y.Y Please help me Y.Y WHYY Y.Y

7. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Great to see big projects around here gets beta release! :D

8. helekiller

helekiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    dl'd right away and started playing, maybe the greatest map i've ever seen on wc3. The atmosphere and feel created in the game are awesome, terrain is awesome, great storyline.

The thing that really makes this map interesting are the sounds, i never seen a wc3 map that has sounds for almost evrything(walking, opening doors, rats...)

only thing that bugged me was that i could walk through some of the rocks :/

deservers director's cut obviously

9. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Okey. I've downloaded the map and played the first test round. After only a few minutes I found the first major bug and what I may call an "Easter Egg".

I will continue play (however after this bug I have to restart the game).

1st Bug - Explanation (The Wall Sucker)

Bug Explanation (wall sucker -> Outside world):
    This is something I often try in maps and other games. By jumping or moving into those so called "Invisible Walls", you may sometimes be sucked through it depening on location and how the movement-system is created.

This didn't occur because this. This bug happened together with the "It's too dark, find the lantern - Pushes you back" - event.

I knew from the beginning I could abuse this because of how it was created. I spend probably atleast two minutes just running against the "block" at different locations and when I came to the end of the left side of the block, I was pushed behind (of course) and got through an invisible wall. You probably require to have the correct angle.

Screenshot of first bug foung

[​IMG]

The Easter Egg

This is not really an easter egg, however, it's an area a player shouldn't be able to reach. Also, the Green Cube of Death are there chillin'

[​IMG]

Improvements that can be made! (Will update when I find more!)
    I didn't realise this list might contain Spoilers. So from now it's hidden.

• Remove the mouse dragbox. It ruin the feeling a little and the mysteriousness, you can just spam drag to find stuff. Is this function required? Then ignore this. If not, then remove it. There is a function that allow you to remove this.
    • Why not make the Monster! and the attacking monster in the beginning of the game locust so you can't click on them?
    • Make the bear-traps locust too.
    • Man... After the monster attack you and you are teleported to the house... The papers on the table. RUSTY PAPER 3?! RUSTY PAPER. I lol'd. Rename, please. Those have to be selectable and people with quick eyes are able to read.
    • Make rats locust too. I can't be asked write this all the time, so make all non-interactive units locust.
    • INSANE FPS-drop in the first cave under the house. Lower the field of view(?) don't remember exactly which one it is. This can be used in various places where you only see a few yards infront of you.
    • Is it a 100% chance to step on a bear trap? I was several yards away and was affected. Range confirmed and I didn't know you could disable them, so no locust (thanks to sonofjay for telling)
    • When you first come to the "village"; at the lantern a monster sound playes. This sound play >everytime< you walk by.
    • Candle in the first house to the right when you enter the village has a candle which produce light even if it's dead.
    • The house with the three doors (I think it's the cogwheel house after what I saw from the stream at closed beta day), have a door (the right one) that doesn't say anything at all. May confuse players.
    • As rusty paper... Please rename the Candles too. At the moment you can see that they are called "Unit Candle 1-x".
    • Appears that every candle so far have a lightsource even if they are dead.
    • Slightly try increase the range of item-pickup by few.

I will update this post whenever I find something.

Okey, I am done testing for the moment. I haven't yet completed the Beta but I will sooner or later. Above Sverkerman you may read about several points I've mentioned in order to improve gameplay.

Overall

An excellent map for the w3community! The environment was very good (however more detail and improvements can be made at several locations) for a BETA map. I can see you've put much effort into this map. The gameplay is also very good, the sounds... Awesome. I am not really a story person I just click escape and continue moving, so I can't really tell you anything about that, but it's probably good, as I've seen others write.

I really recommend you try to fix the FPS issues at some locations in the map as I've mentioned above in my list.

Anyway, I'd vote 4.5/5 this map overall, but I'm kind enough to round up to 5.

Attached Files:

10. sonofjay

sonofjay

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Template:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Y'know if you make the bear trap locust, then how will you able to disable it if you can't click it?

Anyway nice to see its released for public, its earlier that I actually expected.

11. KuWe

KuWe

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Okay I've just completed the beta. Here are some of my thoughts about it:

First of all the terrain and the lighting effects are very good. Also you've managed to make a enjoyable first person map in WC3 which an achievement itself.

The map is very atmospheric due to the great ambient sound effects/music and amazing terrain/lighting. Unfortunately I can't say the same about the dialog voice acting which is mediocre at the best. If I was making this map I would take it out and give more room for the player's imagination. Good thing is that the story is there for those who want to follow it.

The first person camera/movement system is one of the smoothest I've seen in a WC3 map. However it also shows what WC3 is not capable of. Sometimes the camera annoyingly clips through walls or/and fps drops below acceptable due to the amount of objects WC3 has to render with this kind of camera system. The Movement is mostly fluid however in a tight places when you need to turn quickly it just isn't fast enough or the movement becomes wiggly and stiff. Luckily the map is designed well enough to make those kind of situations rather rare.

All things considered I'm very impressed by this map and it really shows what can be made when someone push the Warcraft 3 to the limit.

I highly recommend this map to anyone!

12. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @Masokist91
    Thank you for your opinions on my map! I disagree that the voice acting was horrible. You have to keep in mind that this is a Warcraft 3 map, most warcraft 3 map's voice actors doesn't even use studio microphones. It's some great feedback tho! Thanks!

@Flood
    Now that's a proper review right there! You catched a lot of things which nor I or any of my beta testers did! I will include everything that you've mentioned in the update where I remove all unneeded imported material.
    Thank you a lot for putting time and effort into making Dualism better! You deserve some +rep
    EDIT: Could you type me the function to disable the mouse box?

@KuWe
    Very valid points here too! Thank you, have some +rep

13. lolreported

lolreported

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Here you go.

GUI
    • Actions
      • Game - Enable selection and deselection functionality (Disable selection circles)
      • Game - Disable drag-selection functionality (Disable drag-selection box)
      • Game - Enable pre-selection functionality (Disable pre-selection circles, life bars, and object info)

JASS
    Code (vJASS):
        call EnableSelect( true, false )
        call EnableDragSelect( false, false )
        call EnablePreSelect( true, false )

14. GIMLI_2

GIMLI_2

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well..
    I completed beta and here are my suggestions:
    - increase the pick-up-item range slightly (sometimes its rly hard to pick up items from treasures
    - dont remove the voice acting!
    - if you klick on this "blood cell", you already can see that there will be a butcher.. change that
    - Far away from the house, there is a stone wall with a hole in it (some potions are lying there too). if you watch through this, there will be a short cinematic where you can see the ghoul. before the cinematic started, it bugged. you could zoom nearer and far awaywith your arrow keys, fix that

if you fix this things, the map will be perfect
    well, i cannot give you 4/5^^ this map is too good

5/5 !

15. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    I tested it and it was awsome it made me jump a little even when I knew it was just a warcraft 3 custom map.
    It's amazing that someone can turn a warcraft map into and horror one.
    Great job and the voice acting wasn't so bad.
    Dircetor's cut for me!
    +rep

16. maddeem

maddeem

Resources:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Yo ho,
    I downloaded the map and put it into my folder. Tried it in single player and alas the game wouldn't start.
    Did you happen to secretly update it and forget to compile it? :s

17. Sverkerman

Sverkerman

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    @maddeem
    No I didn't update it yet. It should be working fine.

make sure that you are playing on the highest resolution your monitor allows and have all the game settings to high.

18. Codric

Codric

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sverkerman sorry it was a mistake though I fix it!

19. Kitabatake

Kitabatake

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I see you've borrowed quite a bit from Amnesia: The Dark Descent (game concept, mechanics and even sound files).
    Anyway...

Suggestions:
    1. Set all units' selection size to -1 in object editor so the screen won't be filled with floating healthbars all the time
      Note that this will not actually have any effect on selecting the units with mouse in-game. It just hides the selection circles and healthbars.

2. Pressing F10 is a free lantern at the moment

There is one way to kind of fix it.
      You could make the game fade out using a black filter about every 0.05 seconds.
      The period will be so short that the filter will actually not darken the screen.
      However, as the player enters the menu, the screen will go dark as the periodic trigger is no longer there to keep the filter from applying.
      (Also note that some configurations of filter time and period may cause the screen to flicker)

Now for some stuff that I noticed during gameplay.
    • Bear Traps
      • Clicking on bear traps will cause damage
      • Walking near bear traps will cause damage
      • I got the impression that you can't avoid the first couple of bear traps that you encounter
      • Bear traps are nearly impossible to notice unless you have healthbars on.

Overall, I find these to currently serve as nothing more but irritating fake difficulty.
        If there was a way to disable them and they weren't randomly scattered around woods/you could more easily spot them (perhaps an occasional glimmer/sparkle on the model), then they would not seem completely pointless.

• Movement & Camera
      • The camera is positioned so low it often makes you think you are crawling
        • Or then the grass models and some of the doodads like tables are just so tall to give that impression.
        • Either way, it makes me feel like I'm playing a midget character
      • The acceleration and swaying of the movement system makes it feel like your character is heavily drunk
      • Moving backwards inverts your left/right controls, which is very counterintuitive
        • I often found myself trying to take a look at a room by rotating to one direction and then backing away, only to suddenly start rotating in the wrong way again.
      • At times the movement would get "stuck", leaving me moving forward or spinning around until the arrow keys were all pressed again.
        • This often happened after cinematic sequences and "moving through door" sequences.
        • You might want to reset the player's movement whenever you give control back to him
      • Some way to tilt the camera up/down would be nice
        • It's hard to see items at your feet
        • Moving uphill leaves you with a screen full of ground texture
      • The camera keeps clipping through almost everything nearby (walls, barrels).

I've thought this is why people generally avoid trying to make first person maps for warcraft 3.
        Also there's the fact that while most wc3 resources, models and textures aren't that amazing to begin with, they look absolutely horrendrous from up close.

• Interface
      • Main controls are split in 3 very different places, "QWER"-area of the keyboard, "Arrow Key"-area of the keyboard, and the mouse. I don't have 3 hands.
        • You could perhaps make the "Run" be activated by double-tapping the up arrow key?
      • Interface texture is flawed
        • The distinct cut across the character portrait area where the textures meet is very noticeable
      • You could remove the text from unused interface buttons (food limit, upkeep limit, minimap buttons).

• Models
      • Low-poly rats. You could replace them with a WoW variant or something, they look very box-like from first person view.
      • Several rock doodads and other terrain doodads had some quite severe texture stretching problems, which are very noticeable.
      • Lantern item collision shape seemed off, it didn't register clicks easily.

• Interaction
      • You can click through walls to activate stuff
      • You can accidentally force yourself to exit the first basement/cellar by clicking on the wall close to the stairs
      • You can select items from other rooms by clicking on walls
      • You can select monsters to view their names, info and detailed portrait
        • Give them locust or something
      • Dying to a bear trap will apply a red filter, but you can still keep walking and the game doesn't defeat you.

• Quests 'n stuff
      • Quest log second entry is missing a space "Find theLantern"
      • Quest log dies after you make it to the surface.
        • What am I doing here? Where am I going? Why should I care?
        • Even a vague objective like "Explore the surroundings" would be better than having no objectives at all
      • The voice acting suffers from the common modding community problem of being overly theatrical most of the time, which severely undermines the immersion and atmosphere of the map.
        • This map would be better off with the voice acting removed

There seems to be potential in the map, although I believe you'll never be able to completely get rid of the "camera-always-clipping-through-all-the-damn-walls" problem.
    Also, just out of curiosity; How did you manage to lose that much money on developing this map anyway?
    Furthermore, this leads me to notice that there's no credits in the map description.

Still, good luck with this project!