• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dualism BETA

DualismLogo-1.png

More about Dualism:

http://www.facebook.com/ProjectDualism
http://www.projectdualism.com/
http://www.youtube.com/Sverk3rCraft
www.projectdualism.com (<3 Hylke)

Also check out Flashgabe, the guy who made our trailer
www.youtube.com/user/FLASHGABExMEDIAx

2lm135h.png
is a first person horror game currently in development. This might sound familiar to you as there are quite a few of them out there, but believe me, this one will be like none you've seen before. The storyline of Dualism is unique and creepy, straight from the twisted minds of the current developer.

Developers:
30ng8xe.png
Sverkerman with over 7 years of Warcraft 3 World Editor experience.

This project has so far costed me over $550 and taken me over 1100 hours to create.

In order to play Dualism you need to have following settings:
Model Detail High
Animation Quality High
Texture Quality High
Particles High
Lights High
Spell Detail High

icons_9130_btn.jpg

162bgh.png

DualismLogo2.jpg

DualismRock1jpg.png
DualismRock2jpg.png
DualismRock3jpg.png

1183wwz.jpg

2w701zr.png

2qxuj2p.jpg

s1860n.jpg

m923rq.jpg

33my51x.jpg

15ccc49.jpg

igdo3t.jpg

The year is 1882.
You are playing as Stephen Smith, A English crime investigator. You have been sent to Germany to solve a massive genocide which took place in Dormund. Dormund has ever since been completely untouched by human activity. The only relevant item you've managed to get your hands on so far is a document of the latest crime archived by the Dormund court.

nz2eki.png

icons_4065_btn.jpg

2nbhahw.png
20forhh.png
otnhq0.jpg
2008s94.png
30t18us.png
15ed9uh.png
bevwio.png
2945owj.png
juzots.jpg
mc4x9w.jpg

29y1q3a.png

Sample1 -
dp8mmh.png

Sample2 -
33pfybm.png

Sample3 -
2mzcoax.png

Sample4 -
vhyu0j.png

Sample5 -
1zodc2e.png

Sample6 -
15bx1f.png

Sample7 -
wjjbl.png

Sample8 -
33ubxae.png

Sample9 -
i6l4b9.png

awp9vm.png

s1svuv.png

15hiv6b.png

34o8p4p.png

icons_13301_btn.jpg

icons_10297_btn.jpg

Are you not wearing our supporter signature yet?

dq4pcp.png

[URL=http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/directors-cut-horror-project-dualism-212702/#post2109770][IMG]http://i41.tinypic.com/dq4pcp.png[/IMG][/url]

---Major Help---
Born2Modificate
Grey Walker
Hashjie
Catch_ya
Goris
Dan
Bethesda Softworks

---Models---
Mc !
NewbieMapper
Pyramidhe@d
-BerZeKeR-
Klayton
SkriK
Tranquil
iristle
General Frank
Kitabatake
Misha
darkdeathknight
Sephiroth_VII
Klayton
geries
hortaxman
darkdoom
Xazuki
Pyritie
D.O.G.
Yayoi
sPy

---Skins---
horusrogue
Stanakin Skywalker
Saikann
simkitty181

---Icons---
CRAZYRUSSIAN
bigapple90
PeeKay
-Stygian-
Narandza
NFWar
stefanstan95
BeTaGod-
The World Is Flat
The_Silent
Ergius

---Beta Testing---
xorkatoss
sonofjay
Bugz
maddeem
Jazztastic
Chaosy
PROXY
Drunken_Jackal
Total_Warrior
VTZ
MoCo
ndhwar

Keywords:
Horror, RPG, Survival, Dualism, Sverkerman
Contents

Dualism BETA (Map)

Reviews
Vengeancekael Date: 2012/Sep/09 14:42:11 [Please do not send me a message, use Staff Contact] Comment: [Approved] Credits have been added and this has received its previous 5/5 rating. Staff Contact - Rules Date: 00:07:46 15-Aug-12 Map...
@Garfield1337
GUI is not terrible and the only knowledge that you need as a game developer in regards to programing is in fact GUI. That's what I think atleast ;)

That is completely incorrect, though. In order to make your game run smooth you have to know how to program, or at least script the language game needs to be scripted it. Without it, there has never been a GUI that is even remotely as efficient as a real scripting language.

Not to mention that people who do not learn the scripting language the game needs do not really understand what is actually going on in the code, and will never be able to debug things the right way.

Don't get me wrong, though, GUI is fine for many things, where you do not need to be efficient or run deep into the code. But if you are going to play with the engine to this extent, you have to get to the core, else it will be incredibly inefficient, laggy and buggy.

Well, that's good, then. Though, make sure that you do not only convert it to vJass, but also make it efficient. It is one thing to simply convert thing, and another to redo and improve things, I know, because I used to terribly suck at those things xD

Also, I have yet to replay the whole demo and tell you about some suggestions (mostly on how to get rid of some wc3 stuff, that you can't get rid of otherwise).

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@HappyTauren
Of course we are going to rewrite it xD
Why would I just convert it into Vjass? That wouldn't improve anything ha-ha!

HappyTauren said:
Also, I have yet to replay the whole demo and tell you about some suggestions (mostly on how to get rid of some wc3 stuff, that you can't get rid of otherwise).
Thank you! I really appreciate your dedication towards helping me to improve Dualism! Here, have some +rep ;)

@HappyTauren
Of course we are going to rewrite it xD
Why would I just convert it into Vjass? That wouldn't improve anything ha-ha!

I meant, when you switch to vJass, you simply do everything in a different way, the programming structure gets different, and you usually get hundreds upon hundreds of function calls less in the code, because you are more free to work with variables.

What I meant with just converting is that you shouldn't keep the structure the same and just convert it to vJass, but completely overhaul the way the systems work :D

Level 23
with vJass you get tons and tons unneeded things than with Jass but still everyone uses vJass over Jass.
If it is simple there is no problem having plain jass, I personally use vJass only if its faster to make it than with Jass(structs with their this integer are better when you want MUI things over time with no hashtables)

with vJass you get tons and tons unneeded things than with Jass but still everyone uses vJass over Jass.
If it is simple there is no problem having plain jass, I personally use vJass only if its faster to make it than with Jass(structs with their this integer are better when you want MUI things over time with no hashtables)

Except for, when you run optimizers and it suddenly inlines half the code. vJass is made with that in mind, among other things.

Level 6
Level 29
well, I dont think you can program in C++ with some GUI, you must type everything(Dev Cpp for example). I may be wrong tho
Well, thats why Nestharus makes videos about vJass trying to convert ppl from GUI to vJass to C++ :D
Everything in front of you and your computer is GUI, even when using vJass, you click and write, so you cant see and use C++ without GUI :)...

Level 9
This is not the kind of games I like to play but recently i saw some videos about SCP games or Amnesia.
The map looks like Amnesia.

But it's a fantastic map.
I tested it because I saw it long ago on forums and I remembered the screenshots were awesome, so I thought "imma test the quality of this map, no matter if its a boring rpg"
How surprising, an horror map !! lol I tested only first 10 minutes though, i'm not used to jump while playing so I stopped xD.

I found the voice acting very impressive, althought i'm not english born but it convinced me, music, sounds, graphisms everything was awesome.
Some things you could improve imo : add a tooltip saying you can only save with the item (it will help dumb people :p), it's hard to pick some items too because you can't look down, and the arrow movements are not very pleasant to use but I bet it's the best that can be done with WC3.

5/5

I do not know is this bug and in this version, but: when at start zombie attacks u then u revive in hause. U need to find lamp in underground chamber, and when u try to exit u need to click stairs. If u click it many times even if screen is totaly black u will hear that sound of opening doors and going up to stairs many times also screen will flash many times too.

Level 6
Im having some trouble with the camera it sudely starts to spin around or i loose controll of the character hope you fix it cuz the monsters are raping me because of the bugs xD

Level 1
Um hi I'm really itching to try this game. Can you add a version for older warcrafts??

Edit: I'm sorry for that. I've finally found a way to play it.

Edit2:It was awesome! Thought I was kinda startled at the beginning monster XD 5/5

Last edited:
Level 11
Comment to Dualism

Highly Recommended? What the ****... This map deserves a Director's Cut rating... Is it just me or the Moderator (I don't know him/her) is just full of pride that he/she doesn't wanna give such a better rating? This map is way better than any maps I've seen before, even better than any moderator's maps... (You may ban me after this, pridey moderator)
Anyway, great job... This map is the best! Recommended for Horror game lovers. You sir, should be promoted to being a moderator! You know the best about mapping I think...
Member's Rating: (Director's Cut)

Last edited:
Highly Recommended? What the ****... This map deserves a Director's Cut rating... Is it just me or the Moderator (I don't know him/her) is just full of pride that he/she doesn't wanna give such a better rating? This map is way better than any maps I've seen before, even better than any moderator's maps... (You may ban me after this, pridey moderator)
Anyway, great job... This map is the best! Recommended for Horror game lovers. You sir, should be promoted to being a moderator! You know the best about mapping I think...
Member's Rating: (Director's Cut)
Your opinion isn't even slightly biased!
You sir are a hero!
You have a great rebuttal against what the moderator rated this map, obviously their opinion is pure biased and they have become delusional and illogical. These moderators with years of experience have absolutely no idea how to rate maps nowadays.
Let us overthrow this oppressive staff and place you at the pinnacle of this new era of undeniable logic!
For situations like this, I believe sarcasm is necessary.
But I honestly couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, if so then... ignore the above.

Level 24
@Linaze
I'm sorry about that. I kind of overkilled the WC3 engine making this game however the majority of computers can handle it.
Yeah. My PC is an ancient Toshiba laptop from the 80s (okay, maybe it's not that old, but still) that doesn't run any high-end games or other demanding applications fluidly.

However, once I get my hands on a proper computer I'll try to remember to check this out.

Your opinion isn't even slightly biased!
You sir are a hero!
You have a great rebuttal against what the moderator rated this map, obviously their opinion is pure biased and they have become delusional and illogical. These moderators with years of experience have absolutely no idea how to rate maps nowadays.
Let us overthrow this oppressive staff and place you at the pinnacle of this new era of undeniable logic!
For situations like this, I believe sarcasm is necessary.
But I honestly couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic, if so then... ignore the above.

If the creator of the map is not happy with the rating he received, he can always use http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/staff-contact-692/ .

If you wanted my opinion, this map does deserve a director's cut.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@HappyTauren
That's a very fair judgement and actually made me happy :)
If you didn't already know I am working on a new multiplayer map called SvD. I'm going to make a development thread as soon as I get the logo for it finished.

Very nice! It kinda reminds me of games ilike Alan Wake and skyrim lol 5/5!

It's nice except for some stuff.
-Lags slightly on my pc
-The name of some units are like "Selectable Stairs" and "Selectable Doors" lol just remove the selectable, if you want this to be more understandable when developing the map then put it as a Editor Suffix. Also the levers and chests that have numbers.
-When you get close to walls or other items you'll see through them
-At the beginning in the swamp I think, your view is low, its like you're a child or the trees are so tall and big.
-One time that I died, I was able to move around the map and found some places like the mansion something, and the place where there are golden statues, and other stuff
-Onetime, when I loaded my save, the music was for normal warcraft games
-Sometimes, when you don't walk, the walking sound still plays.

Suggestions:
-Allow a player to look lower or higher, because sometimes you can't see items below you, if you're close.
-Add a cinematic at the beginning of the character recieving a mail in his home, then put the one you posted in the plot in the mail. So that it would be more understandable without reading the description here.
-Please add a map D: Its kinda confusing, when you run out of oil

Will add more comments later, I kinda got lost in the forest part lol.

If you need doodad models, please tell me :D

Last edited: