• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Discussion] Dreams about WarCraft IV

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Illidan wasn't killed by Arthas, just critically wounded, Maiev and Akama destroyed him in once when they invaded Black Temple.
Hope they won't use WOW lore :(..Ilidian was betrayed so many times , no one ever thanked him for help and all the stuff he did ..... if Blizzard kills him in WC4 i am not buying it !

Hope they won't use WOW lore :(..Ilidian was betrayed so many times , no one ever thanked him for help and all the stuff he did ..... if Blizzard kills him in WC4 i am not buying it !
Illidan story is sad one, but such was the story of Golum in LotR lore, such was the story of Eddard (Ned) Stark in Game of Thrones and so on, so on...

In WOW there was 1 prodigy blood elf (which is ofc direct decedent of night elves) that was send on set of trials by Illidan himself, he was only one who survived and finished that training, instantly the 3 best demon hunters trained him to soon enough become surpassed with his abilities and power, now he stand us the most powerful demon hunter in wc3 universe. Named Varedis now runs the training grounds for future demon hunters.

Yes true, Illidan become more than elf or demon after acquiring Skull of Guldan but this young fellow can become his avenger so you will have your favorite character once again.

Level 6
I wanna see a 3D game engine with the most versatile editor possible.
I want the 3D and graphics to be so amazing it will even be a viable option to non-gamers to use for creating beautiful terrain/cinematics/movies/etc.
I also want the engine to be able to handle 480x480 maps, 1,000,000 units/doodads, etc.\
With this, good mapmakers should be able to develop games of any type.
Example: For RPG, a game like Zelda (but multiplayer! multiplayer zelda... yes!).

Definitely will happen within this decade, given the current trends I'm seeing in game/technology development.
That, and I'm sure many would pay over a grand for such a game/editor (mainly editor).
Yes there are game engines out there already doing this, but they don't let users make their own, host/share their own like wc3/sc2.

Problem is even if Blizzard or any other company release tool powerful enough to code WOW like game in it, more or less easily, like you create simple Tower Defense map in WE, it will be really problematic doing so. Blizzard has over 100 professional people working on WOW 24/7 over like 10 years, if you one thing you can create something alone, then you are wrong.

Level 4
24ybexs.jpg

Level 13
That, we will ever get Wc4 is, to be honest, impossible. Maybe about 2-5 years later Blizzard will announce that Wc4 is scheduled, and then again about 3-5 years later you might get a similar crap as D3 or WoW. I'd rather not like to see that shit happen.

This topic could be used to gather some willing people that want to create a cool Wc4-ish Game. It needn't to be Wc4 directly, we could rename it in something similar, etc. But we could make our dreams come true, if we manage to find enough people that are gonna develop Wc4.
The problem is, how and where would you get those people from? For group of artists which consists of at least 50 people getting payment - not as their free time - takes them few years to get textures/models/UI/etc ready. Now count that we would have few times less people who possibly not that pro, also would do these jobs as their free time after work/family/etc. It'd be never ready. Also if we want to avoid court/fine - because Blizz will never give us permissions - we'd need new storyline/factions/lore/etc for first, so we won't harm copyright stuff. Basically, a fan made WC reproduction is also impossible unless someone gets lots volunteers who are willing to work on it for free or somebody does not invest a lot money into a doubtful project.

I wanna see a 3D game engine with the most versatile editor possible.
I want the 3D and graphics to be so amazing it will even be a viable option to non-gamers to use for creating beautiful terrain/cinematics/movies/etc.
I also want the engine to be able to handle 480x480 maps, 1,000,000 units/doodads, etc.\
With this, good mapmakers should be able to develop games of any type.
Example: For RPG, a game like Zelda (but multiplayer! multiplayer zelda... yes!).

Definitely will happen within this decade, given the current trends I'm seeing in game/technology development.
That, and I'm sure many would pay over a grand for such a game/editor (mainly editor).
Yes there are game engines out there already doing this, but they don't let users make their own, host/share their own like wc3/sc2.
Starcraft 2
Starcraft 2
Impossible with the graphics you suggested because it will simply need a $2,000 computer to run

And no, they wouldn't. They'd try making a tower defense, like Kobas said, and they'd fail at it because of the complexity and difficulty to make models for (see Starcraft 2).
And to break your bubble, nobody would pay over a grand for a game that they might get bored of in a few days, as it happens with most games nowdays.

Level 1
Just continue the storyline from WC3, big deal about WoW's one. I never really liked WoW anyways -- so much broken shit.
If Blizzard doesn't want to continue with wc4 I'd be really happy if some independent/unrelated company made their own contribution. But then again, not really sure how much it would cost to reuse Blizzard's content so I don't really have hopes on this one, too.
All in all, no future for War4, that's my opinion. Now I'll go and cry some more.

Level 20
Quite possibly^

But if you played Warcraft for the RTS gameplay, it's unfair to expect you to force yourself to play and pay for an MMO, they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Thus if there is a War4 - it should avoid WoW lore - not because it's bad (that's down to personal opinion) - but because it's going to be War3 players who want to play and not ALL of them are WoW players.

For now though, making Warcraft themed games/maps/mods in SCII's editors seems like a good move to me.

Quite possibly^

But if you played Warcraft for the RTS gameplay, it's unfair to expect you to force yourself to play and pay for an MMO, they're not everyone's cup of tea.

Thus if there is a War4 - it should avoid WoW lore - not because it's bad (that's down to personal opinion) - but because it's going to be War3 players who want to play and not ALL of them are WoW players.

For now though, making Warcraft themed games/maps/mods in SCII's editors seems like a good move to me.
I played the RTS, and then played the MMO. I enjoyed both, really. Most people are annoyed because they have to pay a subscription to wow.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Problem is the activity happening on the map, not the size. A modern engine can easilly support 1000x1000 maps with right content streaming technology but the maps would have to be bland and lack activity due to the possible resource usage. Moving 10,000 units in combat is not possible. Yes in MMORPGs it is possible but they use a different method of synchronization to RTS games.

Warcraft IV is already finished...see WARCRAFT IV CATACTLYSM..
What you talking about???

Level 6
Problem is the activity happening on the map, not the size. A modern engine can easilly support 1000x1000 maps with right content streaming technology but the maps would have to be bland and lack activity due to the possible resource usage. Moving 10,000 units in combat is not possible. Yes in MMORPGs it is possible but they use a different method of synchronization to RTS games.

What you talking about???

Yeah.........Warcraft 4 is already released!............they have already MIST OF PANDARIA....

Deleted member 212788

D

Deleted member 212788

Although Warcraft 4 would be great, I'd settle for something along the lines of a 20$-40$ update for Warcraft 3, including Engine, Visuals, Pathing, No more bullcrap limits. As proven already, the only limitation for Warcraft 3 mapmakers is the engine - Take "Requiem, SotP and other such maps for example.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Although Warcraft 4 would be great, I'd settle for something along the lines of a 20$-40$ update for Warcraft 3, including Engine, Visuals, Pathing, No more bullcrap limits. As proven already, the only limitation for Warcraft 3 mapmakers is the engine - Take "Requiem, SotP and other such maps for example.
It is mostly called StarCraft II. Although that has other different limits but that is an unrelated problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.