1. Are you planning to upload your awesome skin to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Draenei UI.blp

Submitted by Wa666r
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Warcraft 3 has dozens of wonderful User Interfaces, but not a single on for my favorite race: the Draenei. So I decided to take my mediocre art skills to create the User Interface.

I hope you all enjoy and spread the love of the Draenei to anyone that needs it.

I do hope to update this User Interface in the future.

Picture

[​IMG]

IMPORTANT:
This is just one file; download the .rar file(All the important files) >>> HERE <<<<

Play as my other factions:

[​IMG]Draenei[​IMG]Dalaran [​IMG]Lost Ones [​IMG]High Elves[​IMG]Scarlet Crusaders[​IMG]Dark Iron Clan[​IMG]Fel Horde

Check out this project

[​IMG]

Keywords:
Draenei, User Interface, Sexy
Contents

Draenei User Interface (Texture)

Reviews
14:33, 1st Oct 2014 Kwaliti: While some parts could've been masked to hide the fact that you were reusing certain elements, it's pretty much in working and acceptable condition.
  1. 14:33, 1st Oct 2014
    Kwaliti:

While some parts could've been masked to hide the fact that you were reusing certain elements, it's pretty much in working and acceptable condition.

2. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    Unrefined and unadapted.. could you ask a bigger artist to touch it up into a war3-like feel? oO

also, not many peeps notice, but war3 UIs also have some slight perspective that draws the players eyes to the middle of the screen

3. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Which is the biggest problem when making a U.I, and the reason there's just about a few good ones out there. Nice notice Misha :)

Also, I'm just curious if the 'diamond pillars' are freehand, not that it matters in a U.I, just curious. Those seem nicely done.
    Edit: I'd suggest removing the small diamonds from the top menu, they feel rather off. I'd also suggest an overall darker color.

4. Kyrbi0

Kyrbi0

Resources:
    Models:
    Resources:
    I give kudos to anyone willing to attempt the difficult task of making a good custom UI; it's not easy.

Looks like a great start; good luck on improving it!

5. Wa666r

Wa666r

Resources:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Well, I did mention my mediocre skill. If any would be wiling to help me out, sure.

Nice catch, I hadn't noticed.

Those are not freehand, but they do look nice. I thought as much about the small diamonds. Darker colors for the bright purple Draenei. I could give it a shot.

Thank you. This version alone took me a while.

6. Sunreaver

Sunreaver

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Just love this bro 5/5

7. UlithiumDragon

UlithiumDragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hands down 5/5! This is absolutely PERFECT for the project I'm working on!

-----------------------

This site and its sister site (WC3Campaigns) really are super-exclusively-strict on what you resource moderators "approve"... I honestly don't understand WHY a fully-functional working model needs to be changed to meet your EXTREMELY high-quality standards in order to be "approved" (and it seems to me that a lot of your "requested" changes amount to nothing more than personal taste, since a lot of the time something like 9/10 posters give the model you're asking to change upwards of 4-5 star ratings). It's not like making these things is IN ANY WAY EASY, and very few people have the skills, the time, and the patience required to make these resources. Why are you guys such harsh, unrelenting judges of other people's artwork?

"...Unrefined and unadapted...war3-like feel..." You said nothing with these words that would tell the artist exactly WHAT you think he/she needs to change to meet your standards...

"...war3 UIs also have some slight perspective that draws the players eyes to the middle of the screen" While I have noticed that, I still couldn't even BEGIN to tell you what causes that effect. Unless you can name some key aspects that cause this visual effect, it's functionally impossible for any artist to fix this without INSANE amounts of trial-and-error testing.

---
    Just some thoughts, but I do sort of get why a lot really good modders seem to have pulled out and deleted their works from the sites over the years, which is really sad...

(Also, show me ONE OTHER Draenei UI, because there aren't any...)

8. GywGod133

GywGod133

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    :/ Im confuse in your border
    maybe I will give 2/5

9. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    I understand how you feel about it, having a resource rejected due to it being insufficient can be a harsh feeling. But to this day, I've not seen a moderator who has abused their power OR given poor judgement.
    And to be honest, 2D art resources aren't hard, time consuming -- yes, but not hard.
    The creator seemed very approving of the above suggestions, maybe because he knows he can do better to make this even better?.

10. jopi

jopi

Resources:
    Resources:
    well, as I didn't ever try to make a UI myself, don't take it too serious.

what bothers me most is the very plane border of the UI, the classic wc3 UIs are not that straight. Orcs and Undead have spikes, NE have leaves and Human have this wall structure. You could bring some variation in it, it still can and has to be tiled to some point, obviously, so the UI fits together. You also could drop the 'whole in purple' idea. Just look at Shattrat city in wow (you could go with brown rock and purple crystals as eye-catchy highlights). Get some inspiration from the draenei buildings in WoW, especially now that WoD is coming and it brings the undestroyed/uncorrupted Shattrat and even temple of karabor (black temple). Also at the moment there is still a lot of empty, black space (top UI between the resources, and on the inventory hider).

Nevertheless I really like what you did so far, and hope you will still work on it as it has the potential to become an even more awesome UI, and something many of us were and will be in need for^^.

11. Misha

Misha

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Resources:
    unrefined means that your UI is not having a unifying theme.. i'm just seeing a bunch of purple-ish 'surface', connected to a bunch of Pink crystals.. what if, instead, it were to have a similar design like the walls of Exodar, even with some magical pink 'circuitry' that i've noticed here and there in that place, then the big pink crystals could be used well with the rest..

Unadapted means that it really does not have that cartoonish war3-like feel to it, highlights are not exaggerated, shadows neither, and i'm not sure how much an UI and a.. say, building, differ in shadows and highlights, but to me they look kinda the same, and you could try to make it similar..

and lastly, the effect that draws the eye to the center of the screen is simply perspective, with a 'vanishing point' being straight in the center, or in the case of an UI, whichever point would point to the center when you assemble all 4 images in the UI, but that is a thing of art and drawing

I hope that i have been constructive now, and i'm not discouraging you, but really, if you create something like an UI, you should have a few things in mind that will make it extremely useful even if it isn't perfect..

12. Sellenisko

Sellenisko

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Resources:
    Not bad. But definitely need more work and time. There are plenty of things that need to be finished or redone. But it is a good idea to finally create draenei UI.

13. Argos

Argos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really like it. It's not completely perfect, but i think it deserves a good rating.

14. A Void

A Void

Resources:
    Models:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    this gem needs more polishing! 4/5 [Good job, now we have a decent new UI] +rep

15. UlithiumDragon

UlithiumDragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    I honestly don't get their gripping - it fits the Draenei theme EXTREMELY well. Maybe they're complaining because it has too much going on everywhere? I guess it's a lot less subtle of a UI than all the vanilla ones, but honestly: the Draenei are both extravagant and "alien" architects. They don't create their structures, weapons, etc. that looks anything like "normal" human architecture.

If you take a good look at every building from the vanilla races, you can link pretty much every single one to real life examples of architectural styles. You can't do that with the Draenei. I wonder if this is just stupid human nature - people shunning things they don't understand...

16. Ujimasa Hojo

Ujimasa Hojo

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Ah yes. The UI, one of the most overlooked part of making melee races. May I ask if this is Cut, Copy, and Paste though? Even if it were, I'd still back this for approval given the exemption clause for good ones.

17. Argos

Argos

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Did i say that it's ugly or something? Did i offended you in any way?

Then why the hell youre assaulting me? I said my personal opinion, it's very interesting UI, but there can be some little changes. Otherwise i gave it 5/5 for your information. Now chill down.

18. UlithiumDragon

UlithiumDragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    Sorry, that was a miscommunication error on my end! I can see how this may have been interpreted negatively, but I was trying to agree with you that it deserves a good rating, nothing more, and then rambled on trying to rationalize why people may not like it, which was a comment directed at no one in particular...

I also didn't look carefully enough at who I was quoting off of - I saw the "War of the Clans" signature and thought you were the author... n.nU

Again I'm very sorry, I was in no way trying to insult you or anything! :3

19. UlithiumDragon

UlithiumDragon

Resources:
    Resources:
    On a different note, the only two things about the UI that are bothering me a bit are the single diamond that's hanging over the unit portrait window, and the background image on the unit inventory ( it stands out far too much).

Anyways, it's still FAR better than having to use the boring Human UI! :]