1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

DotA vs DOTA 2

Discussion in 'Dota 2' started by Pharaoh_, Sep 23, 2014.

1. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bounty is now useless
    The more u use ulti the more you give money to the other team

2. Malygos10

Malygos10

Resources:
    Resources:
    And since when does valve give a fuck about the player base?

3. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Since they've figured out that player base has money. Although they knew that from start :p

4. Napoqe

Napoqe

Resources:
    Resources:
    I prefer more colors Warcraft (darkness), and I think some very disagreeable heroes like Rubick, the Spirits, Leoric (Wraith King), Oracle, Terrorblade, Void, Rhasta and Balanar.

But already the heroes as Windrunner, Lanaya, Drow, Doom, Omniknight, Shadow Demon, Warlock, Abaddon, Troll Warlord, Outworld Devourer, Axe and Tuskar I think cool.

Shortcuts, communication (can mute), reconnect and find match. I enjoyed a lot.

In the analysis, I prefer to play Dota 2 of than the 1.

5. I dislike everything about Dota 2 and like everything about Dota 1.

But that is because Warcraft III TFT is by far my most favorite game.
    I am so used to it that everything else looks sub par in comparison.

Its not about the graphics. Its not about the engine. Its not about the speed. Its about my heart being in that game. Nothing can replace it.

And the bots suck in Dota 2. In Dota 1 they wiped the floor with me so
    many times before I learned how to play I admire those that made them.

6. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    They're the same to me... or maybe it's just that it was a year after I stopped DotA 1 when I started Dota 2. I just like that the latter has 5 difficulties compared to the former, which has 3.

7. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Hmmm, I don't think so in dota 2 i think that bots dont get scepter on supports until min 30 or so, while in dota 1 in min 20 jakiro already has scepter, force staff and mekansm or something. Although at leat for me dota 1 was much more fun to play alone on garena, because of rooms. The matchmaking pool wasn't so big, but nevertheless it had bigger variety of players, and they were from your country and knew your language. Now you play with 9 no name people, which, at least to me, is much less fun, despite the ranked system that is trying to make the game more competitive I think it's even making it worse. Although it's quite addictive, like gambling, but really elo system is worse the more players ae in the same game, and in dota there are 10 players so I think that sucks.

8. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    How dare you traitors playing this!? This is a finish off to WC3 and you are assisting it!

9. Heinvers

Heinvers

Arena Moderator

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Skins:
    Template:
    Resources:
    Dota was never WC3 you know.

Just a map.

10. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    In the heart of it's beloved fans, it will always be.

11. Love Seeker

Love Seeker

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    Your name also supports DotA. If u hate dota then change it.

12. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Dota 1, not Dota 2!

13. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I never loved Wc3 enough to begin with. I like it - as a tool where I can breathe my imagination into.

14. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Those words hurt, you know!?

15. BlinkBoy

BlinkBoy

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tools:
    StarCraft II Resources:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    how come? without wc3, dota wouldn't exists.
    what's dota? Wc3's hero system + AoS. They didn't invent anything, they just mixed 2 things that worked out pretty good.

16. ShadowShaman.mn

ShadowShaman.mn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nicely explained.

17. Mythic

Mythic

Media Manager

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    We shall indeed be thankful but not to the point of fanaticism against a better engine with a lot more customizability and quick cast.

18. The Panda

The Panda

Icon Reviewer

Resources:
    Icons:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I love dota 1 and 2 nonetheless, both amazing games.. but i don't play dota1 anymore nor have i ever played dota2 but watched games on youtube.. I personally think that dota2 is a really good game overall but i don't feel the need to play it because how they made the game, is so confusing to me. I obviously know you can get used too it, as I'm very familiar with LoL because thats what i play a lot. But, going from dota1 to dota2 or going from LoL to dota2 is really hard like going from DiabloLOD to Diablo3 was really hard by all the stuff added. All I'm saying is the game changed a bunch and i know you have to update games and such but I'm not a fan of how they did it...

19. Adiktuz

Adiktuz

Resources:
    Models:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    JASS:
    Resources:
    I personally find that the only thing that really changed from DotA 1 to DotA 2 is that the character models now "blend" with the terrain, and coz of that I sometimes find it hard to see if there's a nearby enemy already... Take note though that the last time I played DotA 2 was early last year so it would be around 1 year already, I just don't have time and capability to play any game that requires me to be online anymore..

20. Dr. E

Dr. E

Resources:
    Resources:
    Nah man, 6.82 had big impact since exp gain and gold from kills are now determined on a different formula, with some new variables. That's a big change, at least i think it is. Let alone other engine, which although some things are copied with precision a lot of them lack some things. So it's different. But really 6.82 is i think biggest change, cause if you change one hero, the new hero will still work in the same way as others. But this changes the way how all heroes work...