• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DotA - The GAME?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
S2 Games (creator of the awesome Savage 2 RTS/FPS game) have recently announced their newest game in development, "Heroes of Newerth", which is basically a clone of Defense of the Ancients, but as its own game with different art, sounds, names, and so forth. The gameplay will be almost exactly the same though, probably because they don't want to add or remove something significant enough accidentally in attempt to be creative and totally ruin the feel of DotA.

You can read the preview about it here: http://pc.ign.com/articles/102/1020383p1.html

Looks and sounds great. Those of you who love DotA will probably either see this as a waste of time or a godsend. Questions like 'Why not just play WC3 DotA for free' may come up, but hey, WarCraft III + the expansion costs money, so I guess it's not a total waste. Plus, the art and graphics are nice too. Creative looking, however, I find it hilarious that they copied the level design and UI almost EXACTLY as-is in DotA. But, it'll definitely be a successful game since it's pretty much an improved version of DotA. If DotA hits StarCraft 2, I can see that being it's only other possible competition.

Comments & thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.