• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Heroes of Newerth To Replace DOTA!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 22
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

This the game made to be Dota, it has all the features of dota and some others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLgQbYVISA - Gameplay

Generally I am not as excited as you may be cause im not whining how they wouldn't play my map cause of dota. I've played Dota occasionally with friends, and idc what will happen to this game, I am a meleer in the 1st place.

So Icefrog is fine with that? I suppose the company that created the game offered icefrog an agreeable amount of money. If he agreed to join their team and he is part of the company getting more money, ofc he will be ok with it. Maybe that's the idea.

I wonder if we will still see Dotaers or how many they will be. So far the custom games list is almost entirely populated by dota games. Will they be halved or even less?

Also we will no longer see:

My favorite games right now are:
TF2
Left 4 Dead
COD WOW
Dota - FAIL
Guitar Hero

People don't even know Warcraft III, for them those moving 3D things are a PC game called Dota.

Lawl

This fail kinda reminds me of this fail:
fail-owned-opposites-school-fail1.jpg

Last edited:
Level 8
http://www.heroesofnewerth.com/

This the game made to be Dota, it has all the features of dota and some others.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTLgQbYVISA - Gameplay

Generally I am not as excited as you may be cause im not whining how they wouldn't play my map cause of dota. I've played Dota occasionally with friends, and idc what will happen to this game, I am a meleer in the 1st place.

So Icefrog is fine with that? I suppose the company that created the game offered icefrog an agreeable amount of money. If he agreed to join their team and he is part of the company getting more money, ofc he will be ok with it. Maybe that's the idea.

I wonder if we will still see Dotaers or how many they will be. So far the custom games list is almost entirely populated by dota games. Will they be halved or even less?

Also we will no longer see:

Lawl

This fail kinda reminds me of this fail:
fail-owned-opposites-school-fail1.jpg

Uhuh...Kid have you ever played DotA before? Or are you just another noob who thinks DotA sucks because everyone who doesn't play it hates it. Well I was one of thoughs noobs.

Noob: DOTA SUCKS DONT PLAY IT!
Me when I was a noob: Orly? Ok. DOTA SUCKS SHIT!!!!!!!1

But then I started playing, got addicted, and 6 months later I'm pretty good. =D :grin::thumbs_up:

Level 22
I started dota mb 4-5 years ago but I play casually, for friends' sake. Like few games a month. If you want to flame a dota hater, that's not me. I don't care about dota, I'm not complaining about it takin over anything. - maybe a bit for taking over melee - many switched to dota. But then it is because melee may have got boring after 4-5 years or 6-7 years for some. But those who really hate it are mapmakers, I feel indifferent towards dota.

Level 34
Uhuh...Kid have you ever played DotA before? Or are you just another noob who thinks DotA sucks because everyone who doesn't play it hates it. Well I was one of thoughs noobs.

Noob: DOTA SUCKS DONT PLAY IT!
Me when I was a noob: Orly? Ok. DOTA SUCKS SHIT!!!!!!!1

But then I started playing, got addicted, and 6 months later I'm pretty good. =D :grin::thumbs_up:
Actually a lot of people dislike DotA for very good reasons. Especially on a site like this that is focused on modding. As a mod, it's honestly not that impressive except for it's popularity.

Level 9
I don't understand why ''it's not that impressive''. DotA has many complicated jass abilities, all of them fully MUI. A lot of heroes, while still having quite good balance, it's fast paced - a game lasts averagely 20-30 minutes. In the latest versions some new systems were introduced. Like the ability to buy 7th item when your inventory is full, assistance system, lots of game modes.

Most of the complains about DotA(except for the DOTA simply sucks ones) are that it's not balanced and that the items are too overpowered.
It's not very balanced for 1 vs 1 battles indeed, but it's designed for multi player matches. For 90+ heroes it's very balanced I'd say.
I'm not even sure if having many powerful items is an Odd. :confused:
There is no rule that says all maps must have hero skills orientated gameplay only... Every map has the right to focus on anything.

PS: Don't think I'm DotA's greatest fan. I just try to look objectively on the situation. DotA's only weakness is that it's so popular, thus stopping the Aos genre from developing.

Level 22
If've seen great things on this site and much more complicated than the dota stuff. Partially Icefrog may be not adding more complex things to keep the map size low enough. Well, triggers increase the map size with few KBs but when the map is close to its Bnet maps limit, it matters.

Level 34
I don't understand why ''it's not that impressive''. DotA has many complicated jass abilities, all of them fully MUI. A lot of heroes, while still having quite good balance, it's fast paced - a game lasts averagely 20-30 minutes. In the latest versions some new systems were introduced. Like the ability to buy 7th item when your inventory is full, assistance system, lots of game modes.

Most of the complains about DotA(except for the DOTA simply sucks ones) are that it's not balanced and that the items are too overpowered.
It's not very balanced for 1 vs 1 battles indeed, but it's designed for multi player matches. For 90+ heroes it's very balanced I'd say.
I'm not even sure if having many powerful items is an Odd. :confused:
There is no rule that says all maps must have hero skills orientated gameplay only... Every map has the right to focus on anything.

PS: Don't think I'm DotA's greatest fan. I just try to look objectively on the situation. DotA's only weakness is that it's so popular, thus stopping the Aos genre from developing.
Perhaps it's improving since I played, but last time I did there weren't that many cool spells (due to so many heroes I suppose). I don't care if it uses Jass, I want it to be cool (and I don't mean flashy, it can be simple).

For it's popularity it really isn't anything amazing modding wise. DotA, since way back, has never impressed me once.

Oh, and the one thing that bugs me more than anything are the gay models they use. A hydralisk? No. Just no. But that's not very relevant, I just wanted to mention it since it bugs me so much.

Level 8
DotA isn't meant to be a complicated game. Other games might be much more complex and advanced than DotA in terms of triggers and other things. But an AoS game doesn't need all of that. DotA has some very complicated spells and is well balanced with the exception of of 1v1 and 2v2. Where heroes like Storm Spirit are unbeatable. I've never lost a 1v1 with Storm ever. And my opponent will rage quit 50% of the time after my 4th or 5th kill.

DoTA rocks. DoTA will always rock and will always be the most played Warcraft 3 map until people stop playing Warcraft 3 all together. I too used to be a DoTA hater without even played it because someone else said it sucked. Then I learned that NEITHER of us had ever played it so we gave it a try, got hooked, and now we play it a lot. It is a VERY well made mod and that is why it is popular. It is extremely entertaining and will always reign supreme as the king of Warcraft 3 maps.

Status
Not open for further replies.