• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doron's Bug / Suggestion Report Thread [v2.88]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
This is my thread in which will be used for upcoming AtD maps to report bugs, and add suggestions.
More is always being added as I play.

Against the Darkness v2.88

-Archer's Vanish should be nerfed, atleast for Traditional. She runs too fast, and can go through enemies. Easily avoided the Death Knight in the end with a whole bunch of the (whatever the 180 gold armor is) using like, 3 of those. (imagine if I had gotten all 6 O.O)

-Slightly increase the cost of the (once again, the 180 gold armor).
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Heres my recent bug report video using YouTube:

Want to join me in my AtD games?
Hit me up! I'm on a lot. My name is Gut_Chewer, on battle.net west.

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Remember that ballence is a hard thing. It may be that the reason you think it is imballenced is that the DK was not very good. Player skill level plays an important role with ballence. Afterall a pro vs noobs will ofcourse win on the pros side and it should stay that way.

Atmost remove the whole go through enemies thing as the DK could then block her in at game end and so no matter how much armor she has she would die. Any more nerfing might have major knock on affects and cause DK to be too powerful, thus you need to test multiple times from multiple perspectives.

Level 8
I know, balancing is hard, I make maps too. I created this thread to help him, not flame him.

I agree though, give them just a speed boost, no walking through enemies. Walking through enemies increases the chance of survival for any player using the archer by atleast 70%+. Experienced players will choose that hero over, and over. Imagine if there was a rigged hero in DotA, everyone would play that hero.

I just played it again, to confirm that this is in fact, a rigged spell. I solo'd it, because my partner died before Doom. Doom came, and I had 5 Enchanted Armors, and a health potion. All I had to do, was run around with vanish, walk through his enemies, which his enemies were trying to block me btw but couldn't. Therefor, I was able to go all the way through doom solo. (which btw was very intense.) Imagine if ALL players were archers and did the same thing I did? Would be pretty rigged, right? Just watch the video, I wish I had taped the one where I went through doom solo all the way, that would have made it a lot clearer.

The stealth detection at Doom for the DK is still not enough. Sure it helps, but when I can walk through enemies, it's impossible to kill me.

And just to say, this is not flaming, I'm just trying to help.

Level 18
Alrighty, thanks for the post Doron. And thank you for the response, DSG.

I'd like to know, did you manage to see what items the Death Knight had in that game?

Also, was the DK experienced, like DSG suggested? Did he kill several of you before Doom? You were only level 6 in Doom in the vid, I could have easily got ya. Deploying my Vampire Bat as Death Knight and using Feast with it would have easily stopped you in your tracks, then I could bombard you with attacks from my DK and fiends. To further slow you I could curse you with Bringers of Death. I could even use Spirit Plague on you relentlessly to sap your mana from you.

I think there are several ways to counter Vanish. What do you say to this? And I am not trying to prove you wrong whatsoever, I am trying to engage in this discussion to determine the balance of Vanish.

**Unrelated: BTW: Congrats on your 5,000 posts DSG. I admire your commitment to this website.**

Level 8
The second time around, I had 5 Enchanted Armors and a healing pot. He was better than this guy in fact. He killed all but me b4 doom. I was still able to outrun him at rank 3 vanish when he went berserk. He did try and use the bat on me to stop me but I had so much armor that it wouldn't hurt me, he also tried slowing, but I'd just keep using healing pots. He had good armor too, he was 12 I was 7.

Mana burning was pointless too because of my regen, but idk what rank he had. I'll play you dark, show u what I mean

Status
Not open for further replies.