• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Doodads you always wanted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
I thought about making a doodad pack for terrainers, consisting of the stuff you always wanted, but never had. So tell me, what's a doodad you always wanted but never had?
List:
-rocks
-trees
-grass
-bones
-rainbow
-icy bone
-modern buildings
-fences
-mechanical stuff that lies around
-gothic architecture stuff
-spiked fence+sandbags

Last edited:
Level 36
A sort of good bush style doodad that overthrows the bad one blizz made.

Also, what I would love is some sort of doodad that makes the tile look 3D, with this I mean some flat rock tile looking thing that points out a little, same goes for grass and sand an snow and so on, to make the tile look more 3D, idk..

Level 36
<.<
>.>
o_O
o_O

You know what I mean Oziris... Make a small plate looking thing with green textured grass and some tufts sticking up here and there, to make a good tile.
Anyways, leaves on the ground model would also be nice, I mean, we got the tiles, but as a model it would give more freedom as to where it is.

Level 6
There is already the Ultimate Terraining Map... which you can extract from...

...though you may be putting together a more complete set...

Level 14
I know something we really need... things that can be turned upside down and still look good ex: rocks

Level 34
About black fogs/glows, is it possible to get a standard glow model and invert the stuff?

Lillycub, don't forget that we need more idle* mechanical stuff like cogs, wheels, pipes and all that other kinds of stuff.

Level 5
like gilles said .. good looking trees, i really miss some "good" fir trees covered with snow and maybe a naked tree with some more branches and maybe the big one with snow covered.

Level 15
Before my PC died for the second time a few months ago, I was working on a set of landscape feature doodads. It included Cliffs (Big, tall, vertical cliffs), a cornice type thing (Great for making terrains with an outlook camera style), and some other things. Each of doodads would have textures that matched the default ones, in order to make it appear as seamless as possible.

And as for 3D tiles, not happening. The WE doesn't support height mapping/parallax mapping.

Level 4
Not sure how useful this would be throughout the community, but you did ask what I want to see :D

I'd really like to see some gothic architectural doodads. Like gargoyles, columns, archways, even walls. The cathedral and the chapel models are great, but an entire city of cathedrals is boring to say the least.

Level 24
Not sure how useful this would be throughout the community, but you did ask what I want to see :D

I'd really like to see some gothic architectural doodads. Like gargoyles, columns, archways, even walls. The cathedral and the chapel models are great, but an entire city of cathedrals is boring to say the least.

that is certainly a great idea! updating the first post...

Level 15
oh, and make water with REAL waves

Once again, not happening. The WE just doesn't have the rendering capabilities needed to render realistic water.

Hmm, we obviously want more trees, and general environmental doodads (grass, rocks, shrubs, that stuff). I can't really think of any doodads I really want.

And as for inverted doodads, just open it up in vertex modifier and rotate it. Anybody should be able to do that.

Level 14
Once again I say this... the stuff should be able to turn on the side so it just ain't a big hold there!

Level 36
Before my PC died for the second time a few months ago, I was working on a set of landscape feature doodads. It included Cliffs (Big, tall, vertical cliffs), a cornice type thing (Great for making terrains with an outlook camera style), and some other things. Each of doodads would have textures that matched the default ones, in order to make it appear as seamless as possible.

And as for 3D tiles, not happening. The WE doesn't support height mapping/parallax mapping.

You miss to see the point death... I dont mean to make the tileset 3D, to make flat looking doodads which APPEAR as tiles, only there are some 3D features on them, like take the rock for instance, a rock model you place on the ground that appears as a tile but has different pointers that go upwards and stuff like that.

Also, for the tree's please make trees that can be viewed from the downside up, and not only from the upside down :p Also, what I would LOVE is a sort of pine tree which is bare at the bottom and the higher up it gets the more branches there are, ultimately getting so tight in the top that you cannot see the sky. That would be lovely.

Status
Not open for further replies.