• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Doing GUI Spell requests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
zack if you have time could you try to make a passive spell for me? i want it to be MPI since you will only be able to have one hero :wink:

There should be a percentage chance (5/10/15/20/25/30) that the spell effect occurs when the hero is attacked and when the spell occurs it will either heal the hero (30% chance), cast a chain lighting on the attacking unit (also 30% chance), reset the ability cooldowns of the hero (again 30% chance) or set the amount of mana of the hero to 100% (10% chance)

i have done it my self but it's both laggy and buggy :sad: and i think the amount of triggers i have done is a little too many.. oh well hope you read this soon and thanks in advance.

Level 5
Hey, if you have alot of work on your hands zack i could do Blaxor's request, seeing as he said he'd try doing an icon request for me ^^

-btw you need it in GUI or JASS Blaxor?
-how much should it heal by?
-how much damage should chain lightning do?

EDIT: well i've done it now lol, you can edit the heal/damage amounts yourself, it's in GUI as this is a GUI spell thread so i just guessed
You need the "Blaxor's Passive Ability" trigger, the "Blaxor's Passive Ability" ability, the "Chain Lightning Proc" ability, and the "dummy caster" unit for it to work

Attachments

• Blaxor's Passive Ability.w3x
    14.9 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Level 2
Hi all, i 'm making a map but i've no idea how JASS works, so i need your help. I need a fireball or similar that explodes dealing damage around when it hits a unit, a destructible and, last and more difficult part, a terrain at a different height, so that projectiles won't fly over mountains and water areas. I don't know if you can do this without jass; if so, i would also need to know how to import the spell in the map. If one day the map will be played by someone else apart my brother, i will give credit of course. Take all the time you need, thanks for your attention.

Level 1
Ello zack, i realise this thread is being flooded with requests, so you dont have to do mine if you dont have the time/dont want to...well put it this way, its completely up to you. Sorry if these spells are really easy, ive only just started my mapmaking period again lol, so ive forgotten alot of the ummmm.....tricks of the trade?

Gash (Passive) - When Caster of Gash attacks he has a chance on hit to make them bleed and take damage over time. *be pretty cool if you could also add a blood animation and make the Dmg adjustible if possible so i balance it with my other spells)

Water Siphon (Active) - Caster casts 3 seperate blue/waterish beams at the target, immobilizing him as long as the caster still channels the ability. The Spell in short is a life steal, except Id like 1 beam going straight from caster to target as normal. But i want 2 more on the outside of the middle to arc around then go to the target, to make it look as if they're wrapping around the target.

I have more, but i reckon ill have a go at them before i give you more crap to sort through. Thanks anyway if you have the time for my spells.
:)
take care

Level 15
Sorry, due to me being too lazy (and also because I am starting my own map). I will no longer be doing requests until further notice. However, some of the spells you request are quite easy.
First, the fire ball thing, there is one something like it in this post. Just ask the creator for permission and credit him. Also, as for the terrain thing, I can adjust the thing slightly and it would fit, but please credit the original creator (Flash.Kisame) and not me :)
Next, you can use the Orb of Lightning ability and just change the effect thing. Simply create an ability that has the effect (i reccommend poison or something) and make it have a chance to trigger that ability. Water Siphon might not be possible in GUI as I doubt it is possible to bend lightning effects.
~Zack1996 :)

Level 2
The spell you suggested me fits perfectly, i can easily edit it on my own, but i still don't know how to make the fireball explode when it hits a wall. Thanks for the help you gave me so far, take all the time you need.
P.s.: is it possible to use that spell in multiplayer matches? I'm not sure.

Last edited:
Level 2
blademaster - whirlwind
what i need is that after do this spell all nearby enemies gets pushed back! i would give u credit + rep on my map "Legends Fight Alone" realeased on 2009;)

take all the time u need! pm me if u have done me this spell! thank you for reading:)

Level 21
Sorry, due to me being too lazy (and also because I am starting my own map). I will no longer be doing requests until further notice. However, some of the spells you request are quite easy.
First, the fire ball thing, there is one something like it in this post. Just ask the creator for permission and credit him. Also, as for the terrain thing, I can adjust the thing slightly and it would fit, but please credit the original creator (Flash.Kisame) and not me :)
Next, you can use the Orb of Lightning ability and just change the effect thing. Simply create an ability that has the effect (i reccommend poison or something) and make it have a chance to trigger that ability. Water Siphon might not be possible in GUI as I doubt it is possible to bend lightning effects.

Please read it!
You need more negative reputation?!

Level 12
Woohoo!
Then if you're back to business, i have a small request for you, if you want:

Diabolic edict:
The caster targets an area (width 900), and there some SFX showing up so you can see how large it is.
A scary countdown pops up in the middle of that area, counting down from ("level of the spell" + 4) seconds to 0.
Every time it counts one number, a random enemy unit inside that area is intant killed.
This doesnt happen during the first 4 seconds.
As an example, if the spell is level 2:
it counts 6, 5, 4, 3, (nothing happened) 2, (1 kill) 1, (another kill) 0.

So can you do it for me?

Level 21
Why the hell must i always quote myself and others... However...:
So... no1 will do your request!
Not even me!
I have the unique subject exams and hardcore school... sorry guys!
I will warn you when i can get back to busyness!

Level 12
Ok then this time you're back for Real :) imma just repost what i posted when i thought u were back, but u were actually not, lol.
Woohoo!
Then if you're back to business, i have a small request for you, if you want:

Diabolic edict:
The caster targets an area (width 900), and there some SFX showing up so you can see how large it is.
A scary countdown pops up in the middle of that area, counting down from ("level of the spell" + 4) seconds to 0.
Every time it counts one number, a random enemy unit inside that area is intant killed.
This doesnt happen during the first 4 seconds.
As an example, if the spell is level 2:
it counts 6, 5, 4, 3, (nothing happened) 2, (1 kill) 1, (another kill) 0.

So can you do it for me?

Level 12
WOOHOOO!
It works Just the way i wanted it to! THX! Here's your first +REP from me!

Damn, you have real GUI spellmaking skills, you use the Exact same variable naming syntax as i do (like TempPoint etc) and you remove teh leaks aswell. SO KEWL! :D

I guess ill just submit you some other ideas. I first gave only one, because i was not too sure of the quality, this was the first time i ever requested any spell lol.
Now im confident :)

EDIT:
Okai after extensive testing, i just noticed that i forgot to ask you to make it MUI. So ill just make it MUI myself,
and ask you if you could make those spells for me (and possibly MUI this time :) ):

-Unwilling saviors:
Targeting a small AoE, the caster sucks out 500/1000/etc hp from units within the AoE, and heals himself with.
The hp extracted is taken evenly from the units (e.g: if there are 2, both will "give" 250hp, at level 1). Hits both allies and enemies, buildings and air too.

-Burning funeral:
The caster curses a target unit, setting it on heavy fire. This unit is slowed and cannot attack, but most importantly, the fire on it damages everything (allies and enemies of the caster) within 200 range of the cursed one. Heavy damage, hitting the cursed one aswell. Duration 4/5/etc seconds.

-Mirror world:
Instantly summons temporary crystal mirrors at random places around the caster (use any model, i might change it anyways). They have locust. Whenever an enemy passes through one of them, an illusion of that unit is created for the caster, for a couple seconds. duration of the illus increase with level. mirrors cannot spawn under buildings.
If possible, make half of the mirrors flying, the other half grounded.
Mirrors should only affect units with the same movement type as them.

So what do you say?

EDIT #2:

Im done making it MUI GUI, and im pretty much proud of my work :). It uses no globals, and i made a couple minor changes aswell. Ill try and link it there. It might give you ideas, who knows.

EDIT #3 (lol):

How do you attach a map like you did o.o? For now ill just epicwar it. Enjoy! http://www.epicwar.com/maps/77008/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.