• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
wow i made a joke that this was like Skyrim and everybody took it seriously xD
attachment.php
attachment.php

i thought it was like Skyrim bcz of these pictures and the first person view :p
and btw the quality of the models might not be like the one Skyrim has but cmon look at them!!
they are so damn good for a wc3 map...

Attachments

• awp9vm.jpg
    awp9vm.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 411
  • dp8mmh.jpg
    dp8mmh.jpg
    426.4 KB · Views: 370
Level 28
wow i made a joke that this was like Skyrim and everybody took it seriously xD
attachment.php
attachment.php

i thought it was like Skyrim bcz of these pictures and the first person view :p
and btw the quality of the models might not be like the one Skyrim has but cmon look at them!!
they are so damn good for a wc3 map...

Most of us know those models, many of us have those models, but the great thing is Sverker made used of those model, and if Dualism become a successful map then all of the hard work that Born2Modificate given to those models will not be wasted. I hope B2M see this project.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
I am currently finishing the last few houses interior. Once that is done I am starting the coding which will take me around 1-2 weeks.

Then the Beta of Dualism will be released.

Also, I am looking for people which can help spread the word about dualism on some major sites such as reddit or 4chan when Beta is released.

Level 14
Half of the interior done!

I have 5 houses left to design before starting to program Dualism.

EDIT: Oh and I need more Beta testers! Check the thread front page for info.

Could you give an indication on how far your project is from completion?

...% scripts
...% terrain
...% sounds
etc?

Sverkerman

Level 17
100% sounds
38% terrain (out of whole map) / 97% out of Beta
100% main systems

Then I got all the triggers to do which are:
interractable objects, reading system, voice acting for all texts, items, candle locations (thats a pain to trigger correctly), doors, scare sounds, monster spawns, traps, and loads of other small things. However, all of these are easy and very very fun to make ;D

So at the moment all terraining stuff, UI stuff and Main Systems are pretty much done.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Yeah I'm doing my best to find them. I bet there are several people checking this thread that would like to test beta and have the resourses needed to do so just that they are not PM'ing me ;P

If you want to Beta test PM me! Don't be afraid I wont bite ^^

Sverkerman

Level 17
This is the way I do the candles:
1: Place candle doodad.
2: Candle's fire doesn't show because of the night models script. I place a unit at the same location as the candle for a clicking event, a light source in form of a unit for hide/show purposes and lastly the fire which also needs to be a unit so ALT+PageUP/PageDown doesn't work there, the Z height needs to be set separatly.
3: Make a init trigger for hiding the Fire unit and the Lightning unit.
4: Make a trigger for when the selection unit located at the same location as the candle doodad is selected, the candle lights up (The fire unit and the lightning unit are being shown with the hide/show unit action)
5: You got yourself one of the ~90 candles the BETA will have.

Time per candle - 15 min.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Dear Goris.

I have unfortunately already come to the same conclusion. Thankfully, I was able to work around this problem and come up with a fitting solution. I actually like the fact that candles doesn't show their fire as a model while using the NightModels script. This enables me as a map creator to further customize Dualism, giving players the possibility to light candles up instead of having them being lit all the time.

I sincerely thank you for taking your time and posting on my thread in order to help me success with Dualism.

Last edited:
Level 4
:O

I will refer to the post before your edition.

No, no no... I wouldn't dare to give any suggestions for Director's Cut project.
You say that something is not working/possible. I am saying that it is not a truth and giving the solution (yeah, really sorry about that). This is simple.

Last edited:

No, no no... I wouldn't dare to give any suggestions for Director's Cut project.
You say that something is not working/possible. I am saying that it is not a truth and giving the solution (yeah, really sorry about that). This is simple.

I really must agree, lightning systems of any sort are simple in nature.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Goris
You are 100% right, you stated that something which I stated did not work, could indeed work. However, stating such a fact wont help the project since I already got a solution for that. Now, you couldn't possibly know this unless you follow every single part of Dualism.

@Drunken Jackal
I dislike when people comment on how I respond to people. This is a development thread not a "Learn-how-to-respond-and-be-a-nice-person" Thread. I am human like anyone else, sometimes I'm in a bad mood for personal reasons thus making me respond to people in a less pleasing way. However, I do not feel like I was rude towards Goris. I simply stated a fact.

UPDATE

Dualism progress has been slow this week. I got 2 houses left to do.

I believe that the Beta will be out in 2-3 weeks depending on how much free time I got, I'll try and set a release date pretty soon.

Level 51

Still Sverkerman, the solution that Goris has give you takes about... 30 seconds. Your's takes 15 minutes. I think you see the difference? And now don't come with the: "I used to do it like this, so I'll continues it this way", that's just ignorant.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@xorkatoss
Dualism is single player obviously, you can't host maps with a filesize bigger than ~8 MB and Dualism is currently 90 MB big. I will provide a hidden download link for all beta testers.

@PROXY
Would a "I'm a ignorant kid, deal with it" cut the deal? ;P

@Chaosy
Umm... This is a new type of game I don't think that anybody got knowledge about it. Feel free to apply if you wish to play beta.

At the moment I got 10 Beta Testers (Edited main post)

Oh and...
celebrate.gif

ALL DUALISM TERRAINING IS NOW DONE!

Level 20
@xorkatoss
Dualism is single player obviously, you can't host maps with a filesize bigger than ~8 MB and Dualism is currently 90 MB big. I will provide a hidden download link for all beta testers.
ok good, i prefer SP maps and i can't w8 for beta test!!
ill start testing the map as soon as the dl link is provided:D

EDIT:
i noticed a little spelling mistake you did in the first page:p

Attachments

• Spelling Mistake.png
    Spelling Mistake.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@xorkatoss
+rep to you! Thanks!

Also a quick update:
I've finally started the programming of Dualism and progress is fast as hell! I love the way this is turning out, this is just the kind of game I wanted to create!

Overall progress with triggers ~14%

Issues I am currently having:
Can I hide that ugly armor icon somehow? (the one located to the right of the selected unit's portrait)
Grey... the inventory slots are ugly. Contacting you about this now.

Level 4
Sverkerman said:
Can I hide that ugly armor icon somehow? (the one located to the right of the selected unit's portrait)
Grey... the inventory slots are ugly. Contacting you about this now.

Replace icon of proper armor type in Game Interface.
If you want to hide it, I propose to use this transparent texture: View attachment non.blp
Same about inventory slots. Just replace path with your own imported icon/skin path.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Goris
Thanks a lot, I managed to fix the Armor type.

Inventory slots tho, is there any specific path which needs to be overwritten? I can't seem to remember how to change that even tho I did it with Grey's work just a while ago.

Level 4
I am guessing that you mean replacing the whole inventory console texture. Unfortunately, inventory slots, aren't just single 64x64 icons.
(Except for the None version) Therefore, they are included in one of 4 main console textures. -> HumanUITile03.

ee.jpg

Code:
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile03

Anyway, I don't know whether it will be useful, but:

fff.jpg

Code:
UI\Console\Human\HumanUITile-InventoryCover.blp

Sverkerman

Level 17
@yeohxin
Yes of course! Check the main post and reply to me with a PM about which of the tasks you will be able to complete.

Update:
I contacted Grey and he has been working his butt off to fix the errors I've pointed out, a loading screen, a preview screen and about 18 icons. Triggering progress is still very fast! I will be able to set a release date shortly!

Status
Not open for further replies.