• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is this project is kinda like Fatal Frame something? or is it all about zombie crap that you just kill for fun :eek:

After seeing those pics, I gotta admit I got scared :(

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Nova42
This is not a zombie game what so ever. Dualism doesn't contain a single weapon. I use athmosphere, environment, sounds, camera movements, unexpected things poping up and a continually tense mood to deliver a very intimidating and intense feel. I've gotten a lot of people asking me "Warcraft lll being scary? Bite me." But I have in fact built a engine that fully lives up to the standards of any other horror genre game out on the market using a more modern developing program.

I can't really explain it with words. I promise all beta testers something extraordinary.

I am trying to reach out to the leaders within game developing and prove to them that even tho I am using a old engine and very restricted resourses I am fully capable of creating a enjoyable game. Eventually, I am trying to get hired by a game developing company as a lead designer and Dualism is going to help me get there.

So Dualism is basically going to be a top notch horror map where you are continually getting scared by popups and monsters but keep playing because of the interesting story which it delivers.

Also a update:

Yesterday was a day of success. I managed to finish so many systems and so much content, I am very happy with that.

Grey also finished everything that I mentioned that I told him to do earlier (Loading Screen, Preview Screen, some Icons, and the Inventory UI)

Thanks everyone for continually supporting Dualism. I hope that you continue to do so and are looking forward to the Beta release of Dualism!

Level 28
@Nova42
This is not a zombie game what so ever. Dualism doesn't contain a single weapon. I use athmosphere, environment, sounds, camera movements, unexpected things poping up and a continually tense mood to deliver a very intimidating and intense feel. I've gotten a lot of people asking me "Warcraft lll being scary? Bite me." But I have in fact built a engine that fully lives up to the standards of any other horror genre game out on the market using a more modern developing program.

I can't really explain it with words. I promise all beta testers something extraordinary.

I am trying to reach out to the leaders within game developing and prove to them that even tho I am using a old engine and very restricted resourses I am fully capable of creating a enjoyable game. Eventually, I am trying to get hired by a game developing company as a lead designer and Dualism is going to help me get there.

So Dualism is basically going to be a top notch horror map where you are continually getting scared by popups and monsters but keep playing because of the interesting story which it delivers.

Reasons why I love this project.

Level 4
So it is kinda like Fatal Frame....

Yikes this is gotta be scary since I hate popups, including ad popups xD

The thing is this is 1 of a heck map since most WCIII horror maps are either 2 things, murder or zombies map.

This, is kinda different :goblin_yeah:

Level 20
So it is kinda like Fatal Frame....

Yikes this is gotta be scary since I hate popups, including ad popups xD

The thing is this is 1 of a heck map since most WCIII horror maps are either 2 things, murder or zombies map.

This, is kinda different :goblin_yeah:
if you hate ad popups then use ad blocker to your browser;)

yeah that's true, finaly there is going to be smth different:p

@xorkatoss
+rep to you! Thanks!
thnx for the rep but i didn't do anything special o_O

Level 1
DUALISM SUPPORTERS!!! I was able to get my hands on a developers beta preview (being that I am one of the head artists for the mod), and I have to tell you.......THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE. You on't even recognize that it is the Wc3 engine you are playing. This competes with all of the heavy hitting horror fps's like Nightmare house 2 and even Amnesia!!!!! I was genuinely scared.I was in an abandoned house when my lantern went out, everything was dark, something passed by the window.....

I CANT WAIT FOR THE FINAL GAME!!!!! Help share and support our mod by telling your friends!

Level 20
DUALISM SUPPORTERS!!! I was able to get my hands on a developers beta preview (being that I am one of the head artists for the mod), and I have to tell you.......THIS GAME IS INCREDIBLE. You on't even recognize that it is the Wc3 engine you are playing. This competes with all of the heavy hitting horror fps's like Nightmare house 2 and even Amnesia!!!!! I was genuinely scared.I was in an abandoned house when my lantern went out, everything was dark, something passed by the window.....

I CANT WAIT FOR THE FINAL GAME!!!!! Help share and support our mod by telling your friends!

i won't lie, i just shit myself after reading that:)
any chances beta testers get to play the beta soon?

Sverkerman

Level 17
@PROXY
Fill the form on the front page. I am mostly interested in hiring beta testers that can help the project. By that I mean spreading the word about Dualism by making let's play videos in english and publishing them on a youtube account or if you have a high status on reddit, 4chan or any other massive information site.

@maddeem
Everything is going great. There is not a single part of the project that isn't working out, everything is smoothly, fun and easy. I am really happy that Grey decided to join the project as voice actor and character + story developer apart from being the Lead 2D Art Designer.

Lastsly I would like to state that all accepted Beta Testers are going to be interviewed about the project before the Beta Relase. The interviews together with other Dualism related material will be published to Youtube in a video which will be labeled as "The Making of Dualism"

Sverkerman

Level 17
Announcement:
We are currently working on a new trailer for Dualism as we think that the quality of our current trailer doesn't really match the quality of Dualism itself.

Progress:
All minor systems has now been implemented as well as some main systems that wasn't already done or that was implemented later.

Grey has done 8 voice acting files so far and I gotta say that I am truly impressed. The quality in his voice acting is outstanding. It will be a great addition to Dualism.

Content should start being implemented this week. Based on the speed of the content developing this week I will set a release date for the beta.

I still offer 3 more beta testing slots to the public as we now have 12 Beta Testers.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Grey took some smexy pictures

1183wwz.jpg

2w701zr.png

2qxuj2p.jpg

s1860n.jpg

m923rq.jpg

33my51x.jpg

15ccc49.jpg

igdo3t.jpg

Sverkerman

Level 17
I've went trough every door model there is. I have not managed to find a single HQ door with a opening, a standing and a death animation. Inside the game the door isn't really as ugly, I'd love to have a better door but I'll have to find someone willing to either make me one or find me one.

It is very hard to go to any modeller/animator and say "Hey I am working on this project and I need a door for it, could you help me out?" since the majority of them will reply with an instant "nope.avi"

xorkatoss, maybe you are willing to spend the time and effort in creating me a HQ door with the animations I need?

Level 28
I've went trough every door model there is. I have not managed to find a single HQ door with a opening, a standing and a death animation. Inside the game the door isn't really as ugly, I'd love to have a better door but I'll have to find someone willing to either make me one or find me one.

It is very hard to go to any modeller/animator and say "Hey I am working on this project and I need a door for it, could you help me out?" since the majority of them will reply with an instant "nope.avi"

xorkatoss, maybe you are willing to spend the time and effort in creating me a HQ door with the animations I need?

Hmmm let me look on my files maybe I have a hq door with anims, but looking over 2gb file of models is a tough work.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Update:
Doing a lot of progress with content lately! I am very happy with the "feel" I've managed to give Dualism. Completing tasks, finding secrets, being chased by monsters, being injured, picking up items, opening doors, pulling levers, drinking potions, toggle run/walk, toggle latern on/off etc, etc...

At the moment I am working a lot on the cellar part, it will most likely be finished by tonight and tested by Grey "poor Grey ;(("

I might ask him to record himself while playing it to give you all a taste of how playing Dualism will be like.

EDIT: I need a model of blue light similar to the ingame "Unit is affected by aura" model. If someone could edit it to work with Call DayNightModels or if someone could suggest one that looks similar and works with Call DayNightModels that would really help me out. Thanks!
EDIT2: Problem solved.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
CELLAR SECTION OF DUALISM - 100% COMPLETE

We will upload videos of both my little brother and Grey playing trough the cellar part to show you all what the gameplay of Dualism is like.

Thanks to Goris for the high res Door model. Thanks to the guys suggesting that we should upgrade the quality of it.

Untitled-ww3.jpg

Videos should be up within 24 hours.

Level 4
That door looks... scary... If I found one of those in real life, I wouldn't dare to enter it. Anyways keep up the good work! I'm loving this project :goblin_good_job:

Level 20
haha Grey appearently couldn't record so I am sending the movie files of my brother playing to him to make it look all proffesional.

It will delay until monday.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!! xD

oh well i can w8 i guess...

@xorkatoss.

you don't need to rush Sverker, he can upload the videos anytime or even never? o_O
lol im not rushing him dude, he said that it will be up in 24 hours and it almost passed 40 hours or so...i just can't w8 to play this map and viewing some gameplay footage will make me to want to play it even more!!;D

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Chaosy
Thank you for the kind words. I studied castle designs from 1800 very long before attempting to build the Great Hall of the Dormund Castle.

The feeling which I am trying to deliver in this specific room is calm and simplicity. This will be the first "breathe out point" in the game. There will be calm music playing, a chest containing some oil and epinephrine and a diary entry talking about a marriage.

I disagree with it needing more doodads. I'm not sure if it is the number of doodads or how the piece looks like that makes you think that.

Level 23
@Sverkerman
I did not write any stupid comments nor did I hold back any progress at all by doing what I did. Nor should you care about my own maps just because they are not "aiming for a Directors Cut". I was merely giving a constructive statement to prevent you from making a ridiculous mistake (as a possible assumption of some(=those that actually know Dortmund and consider Dormund to be a spelling mistake... the nuu jork part.) that you neglected in a way that lead me to a sarcastic remark that you were obviously not able to get.

You should care about the way you interact with people though, and also about the way you represent yourself. Especially when you want to approach a serious project like you try to. I told you before and I will do again: Arrogance is leading you nowhere and playing the superb intellectual won't make you look good in front of anybody. Mostly it looks immature, but not in a good way.
Contrary, modesty is a key.
You can see by me posting in this thread that I was actually kind of following this project, which I rarely do, as in: I only follow a few projects.

Now I am asking myself why. Because you seem to not have changed since your failed attempts ever before. It's sad to see...
(Also, I am not interested into an argument in case you respond in a destructive way, still I am hoping that the message will one day arrive in your very own mind.)

Sverkerman

Level 17
@M0rbid
M0rbid said:
I did not write any stupid comments
Continuously commenting about how the name of the main city, Dormund, should be Dortmund when I clearly state that we are ever so happy with calling it Dormund is stupid.

M0rbid said:
Nor should you care about my own maps just because they are not "aiming for a Directors Cut".
What?

M0rbid said:
You should care about the way you interact with people though, and also about the way you represent yourself. Especially when you want to approach a serious project like you try to. I told you before and I will do again: Arrogance is leading you nowhere and playing the superb intellectual won't make you look good in front of anybody. Mostly it looks immature, but not in a good way.
Contrary, modesty is a key.
This is a serious waste of my time. You are trying to force me to explain myself in front of my followers, I highly dislike that.

This is a map developing thread. This thread is not for you to comment about
M0rbid said:
the way you interact with people
or
M0rbid said:
the way you represent yourself

If you dislike me there is a function on this site for blocking people.

Now to something of a bit more importance.
UPDATE
I am currently working on the dining section of the castle. I am taking a picture every few minutes for another progress video that I will put together. Also Grey is working on the preview video where we show the cellar part of Dualism to give you further information of what we made possible with the Warcraft3 engine. Also our reworked trailer is coming out very shortly so stay tuned!

Status
Not open for further replies.