• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Now if you are going to get people excited by saying that this is a director's cut map, then don't abandon it like the last project. You might remember that I was in your team, and things were good but you suddenly went inactive, broke your arm and so on, but it was not our fault that it failed, you said you met a girl and had to spent time with her. Now that is okay, but don't lie to the people about it.
Anyways good luck, I know that you are capable of creating an amazing map. I hope that you have gathered a good team. Best wishes.

Level 20
One question. Do ghosts appear in this game?
you are asking too much questions dude!! it won't be fun if sverk tells us everything about the game, it will be better and more horrifying to find out those by ourselves:D

@Catch ya
Thanks man. This project wont be abandoned, I promise.
im really glad to hear that!! although you can never be sure bcz you know what they say "when people make plans, god watches them and laughs" xD

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
@Xorkatoss
That's a pretty cool template. I'll see what Grey can do with it.

14/15 beta testing slots are occupied. I will accept one last beta tester!

Dualism is coming along well. I had a struggle with finding the correct water model for a water filled area inside the castle but thanks to Hashjie and Goris efforts that problem is now solved and progress will be continued at Monday.

All of you beta testers will get a PM from me whenever the Beta is released. It will contain some files as well to help you with the videos. (Dualism intro and Dualism outré)

About release date, I still can't set one because I don't know how long the programming will take. I finished the whole cellar programming in 5 hours so I could finish potentially have a Beta product done in 6 days, but again that is only if I work 5 hours a day which isn't too likely.

Beta is coming June, that's all I can guarantee at this particular moment though :)

Level 4
So 1 slot left hmmmm

Seems this is a really scary game. If I could I would join....
yet the problem is I don't have anything to give yet sooo I'm just gonna watch some good videos of this around youtube.

I really hate super scary things, I almost died of heart attack when my family watched the whole series of The Grudge.... really scary damn

Level 14
So 1 slot left hmmmm

Seems this is a really scary game. If I could I would join....
yet the problem is I don't have anything to give yet sooo I'm just gonna watch some good videos of this around youtube.

I really hate super scary things, I almost died of heart attack when my family watched the whole series of The Grudge.... really scary damn

Yeah. Last time I played a scary game, I couldn't sleep. But I am interested in this one. The trailer was just perfect. I think this won't be SUPER scary, if they don't import a lot of SUPER scary sounds and SUPER scary models.

Level 16
Yeah, guns make everything less scary :{D
Anywho, hyped for a new video and more for the beta.

If i saw a man in the street, and he had a gun, I would be a lot more scared then if he didn't have a gun.

Even video games can be scary. There are lots of different types of being scared, helplessness, monsters, w/e. Some games rely on the fact that you cant deal with your attacker to bring fright. That's most likely what this one does (from the description). But I still think games such as Resident Evil (the earlier ones) have some scary moments. I guess it's opinion really.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@shinji
That is true, I did abandon my last projects which I have no excuse for.

However, Dualism is not like any other project that I've done. This is the most serious project that I've involved myself into in my entire life.

You might ask yourself why I'm not updating this thread like I used to, the reason for that is that I don't want to reveal anything more about Dualism until Beta.

1st June today, this means that the Beta can be released any day.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@shinji
No there is 1 beta slot left ;)

Here are a few things that will improve your chanses of claiming a spot among the Beta Testers of Dualism:
-Spread the word about Dualism.
-PM the developers about what you can offer them. They are mostly interested in people with the capability of creating "Let's Play" videos with facecam featuring Dualism Beta.
(Microphone, Webcamera, Recording Program, Editing Program and the possibility to Publish preferably on Youtube)
-Use the Supporter Signature.
-Like Dualism related youtube videos & comment on them.
-Help by posting suggestions or giving constructive critism in the development thread.
-Defend the thread from flaming haters by neutralizing their comment with 1800 century, non-understandable, hard english vocabulary.

Send me a PM with information of which ones of these things you WILL (not CAN) do.

Level 20
@shinji
No there is 1 beta slot left ;)
hmmm...outdated i guess?
114530d1338560526-directors-cut-horror-project-dualism-asdgf.jpg
asdgf.jpg

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
Update:

Just finished the last bit of terraining!

Thanks so much to Goris for helping me out with models and giving me the great suggestion for the lightning which I've actually switched to.

Thanks to Hylke for helping me perfect the engine and for helping me slow down the animation speed of the Waterfall inside Warcraft 3 to enable it to be used as water for the water filled area of the castle which I just finished.

Everything is going according to plan, I am certain that we can finish Dualism Beta this June even tho I am in the middle of a moving progress and my birthday is coming up the 13th.

Beta Test slots are still open but limited as we've reached the 15 Beta Testers mark. We are only interested in people with the ambision of making Youtube let's plays as of right now.

Hope that you are all excited!

Sverkerman

Level 17
@shinji
You said that you were able to record a video and that it had 4 fps. We are looking for a bit more experienced video makers that are able to follow instructions on how we want the videos to be made. We are very sorry shinji but we don't feel that you have the experience needed.

If you don't mind, I have a really neat idea for traps. One that actually alters terrain. I made an example for you. You place an elevator above a -1 cliff with 0 life. When a unit walks over it the unit takes damage and the cliff falls. With something like this you can add spikes below, maybe with some poison. Hope ya try it :p

Advanced Traps

Status
Not open for further replies.