• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Director's Cut Horror Project - Dualism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Here is the UI I payed Grey Walker to create for Dualism.

29y1q3a.png

its bugged i dont see it ;(

EDIT: opened with another browser now works ;) VERY NICE!!!!! i like it.

Sverkerman

Hosted Project: BoW
Level 17
that was a total fail

I take this in a very offencive way.

@Proxy It is made out of many different parts of art. It is not done by "Freehand" but by putting many small parts together.

Total fail? Not at all. This took Grey 15 hours to put together. He didn't copy paste anything, every little part of the UI is customized in the best way possible to suit both the 1800 theme and to look amazing.

I am very happy with the way it turned out. In my opinion it looks amazing and is extremely relevant to the 1800-ish theme additionally It works amazingly inside the game together with the first person engine.

@DrunkenJackal Is those small buttons customizeable? I Didn't know! I'll let Grey know about it and do something about it, thx :)

Also, I'd like to announce that the Dualism Beta is very close. Expect it to come out somewhere around this week or the next.

Level 14
The perspectives of the objects placed on top of the table of the UI are wrong.

Look at the candle, now look at the book, look at the candle, what do you see?

Hint: He might want to use the photoshop CS5 3D functions?

Also the right side of the UI looks kind of "cut-off" some blur filters on the edges perhaps?
Ow and since when do bricks bend? (middle of the UI)

I would also like to point out that the magnifying glass and portrait are both off-edge.
The magnifying glass is half custom made, I suggest custom making the entire frame of the magnifying glass instead of half of it.
The unit portrait doesn't connect to the other end on the top.

I'm sorry, but I just can see too many flaws in this UI...
I suggest fixing the things I mentioned.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Well there are loads of reports about the UI so that is not really needed. Also as stated the UI looks 10x better ingame than linked on a forum. If complains keep flooding in after the beta release I'll pay Grey for another one, but that is highly unlikely to happen.

About the blue buttons for F9, F10, F11, F12, they have all been fixed to match the upper section of the UI. Final terrain before beta release is now being implemented. As soon as the terrain is ready I will start to code the actual content. Content is going to be fast and a lot of fun to do tho so I am expecting beta release in ~2 weeks. You can follow my progress and terraining/coding sessions on my youtube channel, Sverk3rCraft.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Alright, do you have any suggestions about the font? Basically there are loads of great fonts out there! But only a few works inside Warcraft unfortunately :/

I am quite happy with this font but if you have any suggestions feel free to let me know! Also, time for another round of +rep. Thanks to everyone supporting the project!

Level 6
I am thoroughly impressed with what I have seen so far in this map. Looking forward to more updates and pictures. Support and Subscribed.

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Hashjie
I'm quite happy with Vista's font. Thank you for the effort tho.

Either today or tomorrow I will do a thread update which will contain some new screenshots both ingame and in world editor reguarding Dormund. If you want to get more involved in the project check out my youtube channel where I am posting update videos every week reguarding Dualism.

Additionally, there are a few Beta Test slots still available. I might let you a spot if you got any of the following:

*You are good at reviewing maps
*You have any recording program such as Fraps
*You got a working microphone
*You got a webcam
*You are willing to make a "Let's Play" of Dualism Beta
*You got some kind of "advertisement power" such as a premium Reddit account or a youtube channel with many subscribers

Level 14
Sverkerman said:
*You are willing to make a "Let's Play" of Dualism Beta

What exactly do you mean with this?

I'm okay with reviewing maps.
I do have a program like fraps.
I do have a microphone, not a webcam and not a youtube channel.
Creating a youtube channel is simple.
And advertisement can be granted quite easilly as long as you gain enough viewers.

Would you like me to create a youtube channel?
Is it mandatory to have a webcam?
Buying one would be no big deal for me, but I don't find it relevant...

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Hashjie, you have already been accepted for the beta. This means that you have enough of the requirements which in your case didn't include a webcam.

The "Let's Play" is what I expect from 80% of all of the beta testers. I want you to record yourself while playing the map, with or without a webcam (preferably with webcam) and publish it on youtube under whatever youtube account you prefer. The video will be included in this thread, on my youtube channel and also in the map section as soon as Dualism is finished.

The "Let's Play" is going to advertise for Dualism and bring a lot of interest to it. Also, they will help me to spot any errors in the coding so that I can easily correct that and it will make it easier for you to be critic when you can point out the errors from your own "Let's Play".

As I am saying 80% of the beta testers, I mean everyone that is capable of doing it. I need a wide range of judgement if I am going to reach Direcor's Cut with this map.

My biggest "problem" right now with support is that nobody believes that I am capable of creating, not a spooky, not a intiminating but a SCARY AS FUCK horror game with the Warcraft3 engine.

How do I solve that?

I release a pretty early (But still long and enjoyable) beta of Dualism where I have people recording themselves playing it. Once then I can prove myself and gain the support needed for me to be morally capable of finishing Dualism.

So that is the whole reason behind the "high" standards for the beta testers of Dualism and also the reason for the big reward being a beta tester.

I hope that you understand :)

Level 4
Your attitude towards your project on the one hand is impressive but on the other hand, you completely don't have any distance to your own work. You are doing from it... isn't known what.

Beta testers + movies with their reactions? Yay? How can I know that you don't gave them the reputation or paid them to pretend terrified? Personally, I believe that is not true, but take it into consideration.

In addition, "SCARY AS FUCK horror game with the Warcraft3 engine." should rather be told from the mouths of an independent public opinion following Dualism publication. Just as well I could tell that for example my Requiem is scary as fuck. But I can't judge my map. Not in this way. I am not saying that it is bad. I am saying that it can be badly accepted.

Heh... Most of your posts reminds me something like company conference at which you idolize your new cream for hands to convince several businessmen to release it on the market. Yes, that how it looks.

Your presentations on YouTube. Cool idea. But don't you think that it would be better, if you get focus on doing the map than on showing what is done and (actually in most cases) of what is not done?

About terrain. I don't think, that dense fog and DN custom script will dispatch everything. Hmn.. tell me, what is the difference between Dualism's terrain style and any other project with Born²Modificate's pack?

I have to admit that your project have climate. Climate, which I like.
I have never treated anyone as a competitor in map making, so I would like to give you some suggestions. But first, I want to ask for list of all systems and other features that will be, or are actually present in the map.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
@Goris
Goris said:
In addition, "SCARY AS FUCK horror game with the Warcraft3 engine." should rather be told from the mouths of an independent public opinion following Dualism publication.

In which way are not my Beta Testers an independent public?

Goris said:
Heh... Most of your posts reminds me something like company conference at which you idolize your new cream for hands to convince several businessmen to release it on the market. Yes, that how it looks.

In which way is Dualism a new cream for hands and in which way am I trying to get several businessmen to release it on the market?

I just don't really get what you are trying to say Goris. Also, advertising for your own project inside my development thread? Does this give me the right to advertise my project inside your development thread?

Goris said:
But first, I want to ask for list of all systems and other features that will be, or are actually present in the map.

This is what you, in my opinion, are doing wrong with your development thread. Me as a player doesn't want to know every single little detail there is about a map I am about to play before I play it. That ruins the exploration aspects of the game. It would never come to my mind to state all the systems and features Dualism contains! That is for the player to find out on his own and that is what makes Dualism a interesting map.

Level 14
I just don't really get what you are trying to say Goris. Also, advertising for your own project inside my development thread? Does this give me the right to advertise my project inside your development thread?

I wouldn't call this advertising sir it was more an example in order to explain it. Like I already said you should remove the self-praise parts in your posts then everything will be fine let the community decide if your work is "scary as fuck". Anyway I still wish you good luck and of coures fun with your project. I'm still tracking your project and sometimes your youtube channel is quite interesting to watch these videos because they remember me the good old times in a other game modding community. Have nice day.

-Grievous1

Level 28
Keep it cool guys, let's wait till the beta, is released(for the beta testers) and the game(for the others)

I might self is not judging this project right now, instead eagerly waiting to play the game then after that I'll do the talking. its not nice to judge a unfinished project wait till its finish then lets judge it, then instead of making fun of the failures we should help the developers improve it. Sounds fair?

Level 4
In which way are not my Beta Testers an independent public?

Oh, just maybe in simple words. Every person, somebody who didn't participate in creating of this map.

More extreme example:
Independet public is somebody who doesn't know you, for example don't have account on Hive too. He downloaded your map and played it. Then maybe he make account, and say that is great or bad.

In which way is Dualism a new cream for hands and in which way am I trying to get several businessmen to release it on the market?

Seriously are you taking everything literally? :D
I thought that the message was clear. You are hardly trying to convince that what you are doing is so great. And we are supposed so only to shake our heads, and say "Yep"? Where is the video with the smallest "scary" moment? Show that is true.

Will you think about symbolic significance of the hand cream, whether I must also explain? Tip: Read more time few higher sentences.

Also, advertising for your own project inside my development thread? Does this give me the right to advertise my project inside your development thread?

After your edit, white text looks nice. ;D
Huh? Look Grievous1 post. But if you understood it differently, don't be shy and feel invited. ;)

This is what you, in my opinion, are doing wrong with your development thread. Me as a player doesn't want to know every single little detail there is about a map I am about to play before I play it. That ruins the exploration aspects of the game. It would never come to my mind to state all the systems and features Dualism contains! That is for the player to find out on his own and that is what makes Dualism a interesting map.

Yes, in your opinion. And ya, my descriptions are so f* detailed that it is known completly everything. Seriously? xD

Actually, I don't have it of intention to argue with you. In the end it is a Director's Cut Horror project. :) It's no wonder that you are in New's Batch Quiz.

Last edited:

Sverkerman

Level 17
I'll wait until the Beta is out with removing any "self praise"
EDIT: Goris I am not here to argue with you either. I just don't want any opinions on how scary or not scary this map will be. I did a mistake by saying that the map will be scary since I do not wish to recieve any comments stating the opposite or just that yet.

Also, I am in the New's Batch Quiz? Link pls?
EDIT2: Rofl nvm I see it ^^

Sverkerman

Level 17
That entirely depends on how you define "Systems"

Basically I got interraction system, lightning-stuff-up system, movement system (arrow keys AND regular right-click-to-move), first person camera which adjusts to the environment and latern on/off system.

The rest is manually triggered (monster spawn, popups, music, sound, puzzles)

Some additonal information:
Can I open chests? - yes
Can I open doors? -yes
Can I light candles and other light sources which hasn't already been lit? - yes
will there be fullscreen inventory system? - no, that wouldn't be flexible enough and is not needed.
Will there be monsters? - yes
Can I die? - yes
Can I enter houses? - yes
Will gold be used? - yes, to display tinder for "Flint and Tinder" item.
Will lumber be used? - yes, to display how many bottles of oil you got.
Will mana be used? - yes, to display how much oil you got in your latern.

If you have any additional questions feel free to ask here :)

Oh and also I am almost done with the terraining for the Beta! I just need to terrain the interior of a few houses!

Level 12
Some system suggestions, if not yet added, or if possible:

• Aggro System - This aggro system is when you shoot a gun, or alert other zombies of your presence. Getting higher aggro = more chance to get caught by groups of enemies.
  • Hiding System - Along with aggro, you should be able to hide on possible hiding spots, so that your aggro lessens, and some zombies or whatever enemies there is will leave you at peace. But if they see you, then you are doomed, ofc.
  • Infection System - Whenever you get wounded enough by zombies, you get a status called Infected which slowly kills you, unless you use some sort of antidote or medicine to heal you.
  • Combining System - A system where you could combine items to create better items. Like in Resident Evil, you could combine herbs to create better herbs for healing.

These are just some suggestions you could choose to add, or not to add. It's up to you how you'll add, edit them if you like some of my ideas. If not, then it's okay. I'm just suggesting some good systems.

Sverkerman

Level 17
Aren't those copied from the post you made on Project Ghost?

Anyways, those were quite helpfull, I like the Infection System since there will be traps. I also like the Combining System. Hiding system wont be needed since I will trigger all movement and activity by monsters manually.

Level 6
I''m going to have to agree with that keeps certain things from players is very important in making the game fresh, interesting and adventurous when the game is released. However, releasing the main/basic systems shouldn't do this.

Level 12
Aren't those copied from the post you made on Project Ghost?

Anyways, those were quite helpfull, I like the Infection System since there will be traps. I also like the Combining System. Hiding system wont be needed since I will trigger all movement and activity by monsters manually.

Well, a bit. It's because your maps are a bit similar, I was actually gonna suggest the aggro system and the hiding system first in here, but you didn't see my post earlier where I was asking you about the sytems in the map. It isn't a pure copy of what I suggested in Project Ghost because there are things different in here: in Project Ghost, you battle enemies from far away, like CoD or some other FPS game. In this type of game, you battle enemies near you, or maybe far away.

Summary: The aggro system I suggested in Project Ghost is quite similar, but instead, the enemies shoot at you some bullets, but in here, zombies swarm around you, instead of shooting you with shotguns, pistols and something of the sort. That's what makes the aggro system I suggested here and from Project Ghost different.

Status
Not open for further replies.