• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

DIIIW Inventory

Hey.

Because I have gone that far with the inventory,
here is a small list of its features.
  • Fast
  • Flexibel
  • High vJass
  • Modules to make optional stuff
  • Easy to read
  • Very friendly coding (Much comments)
  • Much more.

Optional stuff
(Optional librarys also stack, depending on what you have installed)
  • (optional) Stacking
  • (optional) Forging
  • (optional) Powerup <=> Item
  • (optional) StatBonus
  • (optional) UIs to implement. The inventory is not linked to any UI.
  • (optional) ItemSets with SetBonuses

UIS (User Interfaces)
  • FullScreenInventory (D3W)

In Development
  • (module) EquipmentSlots and ItemClass

Later Development
  • (module) ItemCraft (Requested by LTGH)
  • (Addon to the FSI UI) Belt-System (requested by CBX-Entertainment)

Latest WIP:
here

Latest Videos:
CustomInventory - Tutorial - Part I
CustomInventory - Features - Potions and ItemSets
CustomInventory - Features - Multiboard
CustomInventory - Features - Slots

Download now.

Please note:
The user interface is not bound to this system.

Please, give ideas and functions you would like to have.

Last edited:
Level 17
One thing came into my mind almost instantly that i never mentioned before (related to your system).
Socketing, socketing & socketing.
That is one of the main features people have in many popular MMORPGs to be able to customise their items even more. I was also thinking of things like enchant able items, but that would work pretty much like socketing i guess, but insted of the item hacking a socket, it have one spot for 1 enchant.

This is GREAT feature that i always have lowed, it is a huge part to why i love WoWs items and 80 PvP so much. You get to customise your items by choosing different paths (enchanting, leather working (thats the ones i have)) and they both ended up with some kind of item echantment that was unique and yet very good.

So, making it possible to add enchantments & sockets to items and you have done it.. The perfect system :)
(item enchantment doesnt need to be stackable, aswell as socketing(but you should be able to have multiple sockets on the items))

Btw... what is forging? is that like item recipes? you make multiple items into a new one?.. or is that like enchanting? both would fit in with that name for me xD

Also..
I stickied the thread, i remove that on your request :p

One thing came into my mind almost instantly that i never mentioned before (related to your system).
Socketing, socketing & socketing.
That is one of the main features people have in many popular MMORPGs to be able to customise their items even more. I was also thinking of things like enchant able items, but that would work pretty much like socketing i guess, but insted of the item hacking a socket, it have one spot for 1 enchant.

This is GREAT feature that i always have lowed, it is a huge part to why i love WoWs items and 80 PvP so much. You get to customise your items by choosing different paths (enchanting, leather working (thats the ones i have)) and they both ended up with some kind of item echantment that was unique and yet very good.

So, making it possible to add enchantments & sockets to items and you have done it.. The perfect system :)
(item enchantment doesnt need to be stackable, aswell as socketing(but you should be able to have multiple sockets on the items))
Can easily be done with a new module, because I made it open for individual item bonuses. Item bonuses are only load on item creation, the rest of the item is customizeable. Currently items that are dropped do not have an object, so the bonus effect would be removed. I will think about changing that.

Another thing is how you would craft an item. I could simply link it to the fullscreen ui, however, since fullscreen is just optional, it could be kinda hard if you use the normal Wc3 UI.

Btw... what is forging? is that like item recipes? you make multiple items into a new one?.. or is that like enchanting? both would fit in with that name for me xD
One item + another item = New item. Fully mui, fully compactibel with fullscreen ui. I have never seen any other inventory system being able to do so.

Edit:
Oh btw, I am soon making an video where I explain and show some stuff of my inventorysystem.
I will comment it in English, however, I am not that good at it since I am native german speaker.

Level 17
Its good to hear that it isnt a pain in the ass to add new features to your system.
Im my it was pretty much reversed.. it was a pain in the ass too add and remove stuff, lol.

and about the crafting part.. hmm.. :p i dont really know how i want it to be, i just want it to work, thats all, lol.
Just work like you normally would (use the magix!) and im sure it will turn out great.

And for the forging part, its great to hear that i was right all the time x)

And for the video, sounds awesome :D cant wait.

Its good to hear that it isnt a pain in the ass to add new features to your system. Im my it was pretty much reversed.. it was a pain in the ass too add and remove stuff, lol.
Now thats kinda ugly.

and about the crafting part.. hmm.. :p i dont really know how i want it to be, i just want it to work, thats all, lol.
Just work like you normally would (use the magix!) and im sure it will turn out great.
So I make a small new region, where players can see their actual items and the stuff they are able to use as crafting.

I know had the ultimative idea to just make a new object for the crafts which exists when the item is dropped. This will limit the items, but I think nobody will use above 9182 items.

And for the forging part, its great to hear that i was right all the time x)
Hehe, yeah. You will love the inventory, I swear.

And for the video, sounds awesome :D cant wait.
Mee too, still, is there any good public recorder that is free?

/idea steal

Hehe, you gave me an idea there,
Which would be?

Impressive work, i got a question tho, Still multiboards or Floating text, Trackables or still units, sorry i have to ask these questions if they bother
Multiboard, Trackables, Destructables. (Can be easily changed though)

Try hypercam2
Hmm Ok.

Level 8
Only becouse all you say is a lie :nw:

not me :p

cakelie_2.jpg

Level 17
Stop offtopic dudes,...

also, why shouldn't I proud of the work I did?

Edit:
Now I worked a bit on the SetBonus.
SetBonuses now do NOT stack on themself, but you can have as many different SetBonuses as you want. (Who wants to stack SetBonuses anyway?)

I would not want to stack setbonuses, becouse all items would use different bonuses anyway if i got the whole thing right :p

So to me, that is perfect :)

Keep it coming!

Yeah, it will be public and you are allowed to make optional modules that change the inventory, adds features or removes in any way. Post it into the thread and wait for my approval then.

then maybe I should force myself now to learn vJASS... I will need to be able to save it into a save-load system and/or into the game cache if I'll use it...

then maybe I should force myself now to learn vJASS... I will need to be able to save it into a save-load system and/or into the game cache if I'll use it...

I've already started a save/load code module, however, its not even more far as it generates encryption for every player diffrently, meaning there is REALLY no way to load any other players code, except namespoofing.

Well, honestly, vJass is much better as GUI. Just learn it, you will love it.

I've already started a save/load code module, however, its not even more far as it generates encryption for every player diffrently, meaning there is REALLY no way to load any other players code, except namespoofing.

Well, honestly, vJass is much better as GUI. Just learn it, you will love it.

oh, a save-load code module just for this system? currently I'm using the save-load system made by AceHeart and it also checks for the name. I guess I'll alot some time for vJASS.. I already know JASS and I really like it better than GUI.

Level 7
anachron
nice work on this system and it is functional by what i see on wips
just dont end up like toadcop
can you make all windows in your full screen be avaibale to move
i need something like this in the attachment
also doing a special ui is very good beacuse people will then know witch files to edit

Attachments

• rpg 001.jpg
    rpg 001.jpg
    1.1 KB · Views: 468
  • rpg 001 with info.jpg
    rpg 001 with info.jpg
    1.2 KB · Views: 456
Level 17
Wow, that would really be some badass looking feature, but in my eyes, it seems pretty useless?

Like i said, it would be something that looks cool, but it will be entierly useless.

And im not sure if anachrons currently is taking requests becouse the inventory isnt even done, and first of all, we want to get it done for the actual map we are going to have it in :D

Also, the attachments is really small, and its hard to see what everything is suppost to be, all we see is small and big squares.

Level 9
Look like you stole your interface models from another fullscreen system?

Anyway, im looking forward to see this been released.
Long time ago, I tried to do one, but after I got Windows 7, and 3dsmax 5 is not working I pretty much stopped the project.
Here is a screenshot from mine, if you need som inspireation :)

Attachments

• fsmekcqv2.jpg
    fsmekcqv2.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 1,668
Level 12
i dont really understand what you mean with stacking ?? you mean like potions 1 pot + 1 pot = 2 pot ? I get abit confused.. Anyway this is JUST a suggestion that could be add-able if you can do it ofc. Making items take more than 1 spot like Diablo II if you ever have been playing that. So if a item takes 4 spaces then you place it in the middle taking 1 space size * 4 so when you hover one of the 4 trackables you would just see the items stats. Dont know if its possible though.
Maybe you should also make items being able to be Soulbound.

Level 17
i dont really understand what you mean with stacking ?? you mean like potions 1 pot + 1 pot = 2 pot ? I get abit confused.. Anyway this is JUST a suggestion that could be add-able if you can do it ofc. Making items take more than 1 spot like Diablo II if you ever have been playing that. So if a item takes 4 spaces then you place it in the middle taking 1 space size * 4 so when you hover one of the 4 trackables you would just see the items stats. Dont know if its possible though.

That would be possible, but im not sure if he will do that.
Also, in diablo 3 they have changed to a normal inventory, becouse the game is suppost to be fast paced, but you end up puzzeling your inventory :p

Level 9
Instead of making the inventory like Diablo, then give the items a weight, and the hero a max weight based on its strenght.

And every equipable item should also have a requirement like:

• Strenght
• Agility
• Intelligence
• Level
• Class?

Level 17
Instead of making the inventory like Diablo, then give the items a weight, and the hero a max weight based on its strenght.

And every equipable item should also have a requirement like:

• Strenght
• Agility
• Intelligence
• Level
• Class?

Diablo 3 have an inventory just like in wow. So there is no point in having such a thing as weight. Sorry. (but it could still be an add-on for anachrons system i guess)

Requirements will be Hero only.
Becouse this is a hack'n'slash map, you do not get to choose your own stats, and your not suppost to have to wait to use the item you find on the ground, if it was like that, we could simply make so that you get the item when you need it :p

Level 17
I was thinking this more as a feature to his system. So when, and if he ever release the system, people have the opportunity to use these two functions.

He will realise it publicly :D
But he will first of all make it work properly for our map i think.

I just got a bit confused for a sec becouse the post is in the d3w forums, and people started to talk about diablo 2 features... so yeah.. i think you know what i mean..

(but it could still be an add-on for anachrons system i guess)
He will realise it publicly :D
Exactly.

What is Souldbounding? I didn't play WoW.

Look like you stole your interface models from another fullscreen system?
I never steal, I would just use them and give credits to the original author.

No, because I used trackables.

But I can make an area visible if vendor is nearby only, thats true.

MeKC, does your screenshot actually work?

Level 12
What is Souldbounding? I didn't play WoW.

With that i meant when you equip/pick up and item then its getting soulbound and you can't drop the item on the ground only sell it to the merchant.

maybe also make a boolean that is something like: CanDropItems = bool
defeault is true ofc
the reason that i suggest this is anti duping items / anti copying items like. You have a unique item in some RPG give it to a friend and leaves. This will give the friend the item + because u havent saved you also have it again.

maybe also make a boolean that is something like: CanDropItems = bool
Could be made by a mod I guess. But really, this would make much things more complicated.

I have to check for itemdropping on ItemForging, ItemStacking, ItemSets and all the other stuff. I will see if and if yes, when I will make a mod for that.

Level 17
To be more specefic, this is soulbound:
When a item is soul bound, it is bound to you.
You can not trade it to anyone else, meaning that no one except you can use it.
There is two different types of soulbound.
1. The item gets bound when you equip the item, not when you get it in the inventory. (Binds when equiped)
2. The item gets bound to you instantly after you pick it up and get it in your inventory (binds when picked up)
It is usually only "good" items that get to have soulbound, not standard item that isnt so good.
You can still sell the item to a vendor and you should still be able to drop it.

This is exactly how it works in wow. :p

Also, if you add a vendor feature, make an add-on to that so that it will be like trading.
You sell for example "the blue helmet" and you get back "the green helmet" insted of money.
With this i mean that you should do so that its possible to get items back when your selling/buying, insted of resources.

Level 17
I dont think some planes and the ingame texture is so much to give credit too, i mean, it can be done in 30 seconds, this post might be a bit off topic, but could you give me the name of the original author? :)

I think that he just placed the stuff around.
If you look how everything is placed, it is similar to many inventorys.
My first beta version of the diablo 3 warcraft inventory was very similar, inventory slots and equipment slots was not located at the same place on the screen.

He just made a simple inventory, i dont think he had to take someones elses.

You can compare the inventory to the diablo 3 one, the buttons around the hero is pretty much the same, but its not icons on the buttons, and the inventory slots is placed to the right of the hero insted of below, otherwise its almost the same?

I dont we need to credit someone else becouse that someone happened to have made a similar inventory layout, when there is many, many other games that have similar layouts aswell.

Level 9
what is it that you want us to get credits for?
The skins?
Models?
Icon?
Layout?

Cus im confused.

I can see the models is from another fullscreen system. The system is not on this site anymore. And ofcause not the textures, since it use ingame texutres.

MeKC, does your screenshot actually work?

As I said I never finished the system, but you can pick up items and move them to the fullscreen system. And the stacking system worked too :)

Level 17
I can see the models is from another fullscreen system. The system is not on this site anymore. And ofcause not the textures, since it use ingame texutres.

These models was not originally made for a full screen inventory i tell you.
It was made long long ago, and all it did, was add some borders around some floating text if im not wrong.

And the creator of these models did never ask for credits, and that may be the reason to why no one claim it as their own and no one gives credits for it, becouse nowdays, no one really know how it comes from.