• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
I think the witch doctor will fit better with this Model

Yes, and this is already included by now. As I said the demo is a bit outdated.
Thanks for your suggestion though.

times a different theme. I think I've found a bug.
...i have play themap with a friend...and his camera (player 2) have shaked very hard...:( so they can play.

If the camera is shaking a lot that's most likely when the performance is too low and the height positioning of the camera isn't adjusted often enough per second, so it'll go up and down and up and down...

I think I improved performance for the next demo/alpha map a bit. But I'm afraid for some too old computers this map will result in lag when a lot stuff is going on.

@ the projectile discussion
I tested this a lot and came to the conclusion that a triggered projectile system will have much advantages and I still doubt you could do for example a straight flying missile that only explodes and does damage when it really collides with a unit. And using splash damage isn't the real deal either. Though, to a certain degree you can do stuff properly that way.

I won't release my projectile functions as they're suited to my map and really do nothing special and use some physic calculation (for the arc-projectiles at least).
After all it's just a dummy unit projectile that's fired and checks for units around it every period :/ It's important to use a certain dummy unit that allows you to face certain angles for arced projectiles.

Level 5
If the camera is shaking a lot that's most likely when the performance is too low and the height positioning of the camera isn't adjusted often enough per second, so it'll go up and down and up and down...

I think I improved performance for the next demo/alpha map a bit. But I'm afraid for some too old computers this map will result in lag when a lot stuff is going on.

hm. ok. i waiting for the next updates...^^
...i allredy hope that the mage cant put swords and a shield...i think they only can put staffs...alsow the wtich doctor...^^

Level 8
hm. ok. i waiting for the next updates...^^
...i allredy hope that the mage cant put swords and a shield...i think they only can put staffs...alsow the wtich doctor...^^

Regarding that matter, I removed all weapon/shield models from the game as they have too many issues and unless in the distant future we got our own modeler and great hero models in this project they won't return.
Issues were mostly the size and sometimes particles and lighting. Also it's a pain in the ass to try out so many attachments and then search for fitting icons :slp:

Level 8
Give me a request skin or model and i wil try to make something up as test for you to see if i am good enought

Hmm you don't have any models apart from weapons on your profile but fine. I'd like you to try recreating the cleave effect you can see in the attached Screenshot. I suggest you watch the beginning of the gameplay trailer as well though so you can see its motion.
The effect shall have only this one animation, so that I can simply do call DestroyEffect(...).

Attachments

• Cleave.jpg
    Cleave.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 150
Here's a little preview of the events you can control:

JASS:
    private interface EventHandler
        method onUnitHit            takes unit theUnit returns nothing
        method onUnitTouch          takes unit theUnit returns nothing
        method onTargetReach        takes nothing returns nothing
        method onFly                takes nothing returns nothing
        method onPause              takes nothing returns nothing
        method onLoop               takes nothing returns nothing
        method onCreate             takes nothing returns nothing
        method onDeath              takes nothing returns nothing
        method onCollide            takes thistype theCollider returns nothing
    endinterface

And thats not just even a bit of it.
And I am pretty sure it will be the fastest system with that safety out there.

Level 8
Whatever you think. But this is getting offtopic.

It's rather you getting off topic. I do not want to discuss your system in this thread further more. I said I may try it out once released but so far...

@ BoneKnight
Yes I want an animated model. No orb or whatever to attach to a weapon.
Just like in the video.

In the beginning you see it quite often.

Level 8
Holy crap Bonenight, you surprise me.
I mean when I took a look at your public profile I thought you had pretty nice weapon attachments there, but I had no idea... :thumbs_up:

I'm so looking forward it, especially as I didn't expect to see another Thousand Pounder model in years^^

Level 12
I'm thinking perhaps it would be a good idea to let CloudWolf help you with the terrain. It's clear that this project will be better than ours.

I like both of the projects. They are unique in both of their ways. This project is unique because of the projectile system, onKill system and boss fights. Yours are unique because of the terrain, inventory system, good skins, and alot other things aswell. (long time since i played).
But both of these maps got a Diablo feeling. :)

Level 19
I like both of the projects. They are unique in both of their ways. This project is unique because of the projectile system, onKill system and boss fights. Yours are unique because of the terrain, inventory system, good skins, and alot other things aswell. (long time since i played).
But both of these maps got a Diablo feeling. :)

I mean, it would be great if CloudWolf could help them make the terrain more appealing and add a little more diabloish atmosphere into it.

I'm not sure who is currently working on the terrain though but he could need some help judging from the screenies.

Level 8
I agree with Catch_ya.

First of all Syltman is doing a nice job and is improving quite well. Terrain changed a lot in the meantime. Plus he's managing a lot other stuff as well.

CloudWolf sure has some amazing terrain but he got his own projects running and as Catch_ya said, our maps have a different style and you can enjoy both.
Rather like the opportunity of alternative versions to play.

Level 8
You should make his tatoos as seen in the trailer. Right now they are f ugly. Looks good overall tho.

Level 14
I mean, it would be great if CloudWolf could help them make the terrain more appealing and add a little more diabloish atmosphere into it.

I'm not sure who is currently working on the terrain though but he could need some help judging from the screenies.

I'm still trying to get a better atmosphere to the map, it's hard without using diffrent lights (they display poorly), also the time of day is wrong etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.