• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo III Béta model viewer/convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
And yes the Béta contains again MPQ files which can be browsed upon.

9757-albums2216-picture51553.jpg

Not really anything we can use directly, but a light has sprung for the darkness and someone already achieved to convert the appearance (.app) to OBJ files for study purposes.

Official forum can be found here Xentax

I build a exe around it so it can be used, download it from my site.

Enjoy

T.

Yes the animations are based upon an advanced set of animations, with extra bones for physics done, in game.

Not the easiest part tho.
If you want to get some stuff transferred to SC2, I suggest you export WOW models with animations to m3, import it in Max, import the D3 obj model into Max and map the bones onto the obj model, then export it again.

Pure theoretically, haven't done it myself, but should work :)

T.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
SC2 however also has its own physics animation related stuff. Thus why WoW animations are not completly suited for SC2 (could be made better).

What D3 and SC2 share in common is the question. Some advanced animation data from D3 might be salvagable during a correct port.

Level 19
Although I sense that in the future models and stuff from Diablo III and Starcraft II would be appreciated and used a lot, hehe.
Modding and development (from Blizzard) would sure need some time to flourish for players to see their full potential and accept them:)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
It is confirmed that Blizzard DotA will be providing people access to a fully functional and properly ported Diablo III Witch Doctor model. I am guessing changing its armor style may be challenging but certainly a lot easier than porting a whole model from scratch.

I guess that other heroes from D3 might show up in Blizzard DotA closer to LotV expansion.

Level 1
Yes it require XNA framework. ( because I don't like c++). I think textures are correct, but the shader isn't.

I made an installable version, because i got feedbacks from appcrashs.
Download here: http://www.multiupload.com/8L3JPKIKGL
(it checks you have .Net 4.0 and Xna Fw Client installed)

Icon yes please! Your icon is awsome!

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
No, you are allowed to port them to any other Blizzard game. Blizzard is even porting the Witch Doctor for us as part of Blizzard DotA. If the site will accept them when ported is another question but it will in no way prevent WarCraft III maps from getting approved.

No, you are allowed to port them to any other Blizzard game. Blizzard is even porting the Witch Doctor for us as part of Blizzard DotA. If the site will accept them when ported is another question but it will in no way prevent WarCraft III maps from getting approved.

Here quoted from the rules:

Game Exports
The direct exporting of resources from games other than Warcraft III is prohibited. This prohibition includes, but is not limited to, World of Warcraft�. No such resources may be submitted to THW. Forum discussions pertaining to the export or editing of resources from other games will be closed.

Here is the indirect link(read second post then follow link, couldn't get that link): http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/modeling-animation-276/exporting-wow-models-illegal-38016/

The rule needs to be updated for Starcraft II though, but still holds.

Why would meshes and their wraps be difficult? The problem is the animations which apparently use some very advanced physics system.

wait...

...use some very advanced physics system.

WIN!

That rule was meant to have been revoked...

Also yes..
Throw an email at Blizzard and stop pretending you all know all of their copyright laws.

If you're using their models for mods in their games they don't mind.

Status
Not open for further replies.