• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 3 - Monk for WC3 - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just loved the BlizCon announcement for the new class Monk for Diablo 3, luckely it is nothing like the Monk from the expansion by Sierra :hohum:

So I decided to put aside my redKnuckle for the being and started on a version of the Monk, here is my first WIP: C&C are welcome :

attachment.php

T.

Attachments

• MonkSS01.png
    MonkSS01.png
    210.5 KB · Views: 7,971
Level 6
one word : fucking awesome. oh wait thats 2 :p

I love your work dude continue like that!

Edit : i posted a link to your WIP in the D3WC forum :)

Update

Progress report :

@HappyTauren: I know, for now I just want him to look like the monk, deformations and stuff, when it all fits nicely together

@bboy-tiger- : it will be about 1K polys, it is now, about 800polys

@debode : I don't like the billboard stuff, and the polys are not that high

attachment.php

still lots of stuf todo, weapon, unwrapping, texturing, animating, pfff...

C&C plz

T.

Attachments

• MonkSS03.png
    MonkSS03.png
    105.7 KB · Views: 4,877
Yes, the wrap of the skin and the animations will render this work an excellent one. Please, make him hold no weapon, so that people can use him in their RPG's ;)
I love the way he stands, his hands' position depict a calm person, just like he should be, being a monk.
Well done! Do your best for the rest now; the challenge to make this great has just begun.

Level 15
don't spare polies, make a HQ masterpiece
what you have atm deserves it =))
btw, i'd vote for a Director's Cut =)

Update

OK, texture update, all parts of the texture now need to be baked onto 1x 256x256 texture, so it fits the needs of WC3, not sure if I'll do the weapon on a seperate texture or not.

Here is an update on the complete model :

attachment.php

C&C

Btw, maybe I will consider doing the same model but with some lower polycount using the billboard stuff etc...

So up the weapon and clean texture

T.

Attachments

• MonkSS07.png
    MonkSS07.png
    175.1 KB · Views: 3,341
Level 3
wc3 models are generally shorter and more dwarfish in terms of proportion.

So perhaps when you make this rumored low-poly version, you could alter the proportions a bit to look more like the humans already in-game.

Level 14
You should post an in-game screenshot when it's done. I do think that it will fit in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.