• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Diablo 3 - Monk for WC3 - WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
What resolution did you use for the texture? Cause the details are very nice. 512x512 or even 1024x1024?

What resolution did you use for the texture? Cause the details are very nice. 512x512 or even 1024x1024?

I don't texture like that, I cut up the model and texture them piece by piece, so for the moment the model's texture is about 7 or 8 different textures, and I believe the smallest one is about 128x128, that is for the balls around his neck, so in total I believe it could be something like 2048x2048

I still need to reduce it to 256x256 for the model and 64x128 ( or so ) for the weapon

how many triangles does it have? if it's less than 1,100 tris, then it's fine leave it that way. No need to make him look like those shitty wc3 models.

Without the weapon it is about 800 polys, so that will be ok then I guess :cool:

T.

Level 11
Ok, cause I use 512x512 texture for my models and simple got shocked about the details in your skin ^^ Too sad, that there will be quality loss by reducing the texture from 2048² to 256². Good luck :)

Update Weapon

The weapon

attachment.php

T.

Attachments

• MonkSS08.png
    MonkSS08.png
    7.4 KB · Views: 562
Level 11
512² ist around 300 kb. For a really nice and important model that amount of data isn't that much.

Taylor, I think that what redmarine meant is that the max B-net map-filesize was increased by 4MB, thus it is 8MB. But quite obviously, you should try and keep the filesize as low as possible.

Ah, ok, my bad, so I'll try to keep it a nice 256 x256 and I'll use Art Tools so that would be Ok

Thnx
T.

Level 17
eeeuuh nope anywhere a good tutorial ?

T.

You use dummy abilitys with attachments attached to them to add attachments to units. Its like adding orbs with an orb item for example, but insted you choose to put the attachment in "hand, left" or "hand, right" etc.
And use the weapon model as attachment insted of an orb effect.

If you still need more help read this:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...pon-attachments-with-particle-emitters-65525/
Read this part: Equiping your Weapon

Final Texture

Here is the final static model and texture with weapon

Monk model :
  • Polys : 792
  • Texture : 1 * 256x256

Weapon model :
  • Polys : 120
  • Texture : 1 * 128x64

Model:

attachment.php

Textures:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Comments plz.

If I post the weapon, can someone test it if it would work as an attachment weapon ?

T.

Attachments

• MonkSS10.png
    MonkSS10.png
    146.2 KB · Views: 3,744
  • Monk_Final.png
    Monk_Final.png
    120.4 KB · Views: 2,136
  • Monk_Weapon.png
    Monk_Weapon.png
    13.4 KB · Views: 933
You should read the Art Tools documentation sometimes.

How to add attachment points in Art Tools:

1º Create a simple box or point.

2º Name the point/box the name of the attachment you want. afterwards, add the tag "Ref" at the end of the name. Examples: "Overhead Ref", "Weapon Ref", "Hand Right Ref"

3º Go to Art Tool's user properties tab and roll down to object properties, change it from Mesh object to attachment object.

Status
Not open for further replies.