• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Destiny of Lordaeron

Hi guys, this is my first campaign and i hope you like it.
My english isn't very good so i apologise for that.

Description:
A campaign about Arthas inspired by the human campaign in Reign of Chaos, involving his battles with the Blackrock clan and the Scourge. Some of my maps are similar to the ones in RoC, but with a few changes i've made.
During some parts of the campaign you will control Uther and his army.

Important to note:
* There are also new models and spells.
* Heroes can get to 15 level.
* It's impossible to skip cutscenes, since i didn't know how to do that, so sorry about that.
* Don't use cheat codes, this will ruin the fun in the campaign.
* If you find a problem with my campaign, please write it to me in this thread or in a conversation and i will try to fix it.
* And one last thing, i hope you enjoy it! :)

Changelog:
1)The grammar is partly fixed-thanks to Championfighter25
2)Captain Falric now has abilities
3)Guard tower(elves) is fixed
4)Footmen no longer change to crossbowmen, you can now train them from the barracks
5)Removed marketplace in chapter 7
6)The undead's attack has returned to normal
7)Uther's book now contains spells
8)The attacks in chapter 6 have become a little easier to defend against and their timing has been changed
9)The time to wait for reinforcements in chapter 6 has been changed to 25 minutes.
10)The time to escape from the cave in chapter 9 has been changed to 25 minutes.
11)In chapter 4 the key will be removed in the end of the mission.

Credit:
Thanks to:
Championfighter25
Blizzard Entertainment
Ujimasa Hoso
kangyun
Stefan.K
67chrome
PeeKay
Mr.Goblin
SinisterX
Sellenisko
CRAZYRUSSIAN
Frankster
Dark_Dragon
Darkfang
NaserKingArthas
Sclammerz
Edge45
The Panda
UgoUgo
paladinjst
MatiS
Eagle XI
Windrunner29
Sin'dorei300
General Frank
Heinvers
Shar Dundred
Turnro
tomoraider
Warseeker

If I missed someone, please PM me and I'll add you.
Contents

Destiny of Lordaeron (Campaign)

Reviews
If i could rate the gameplay i would have given it 4/5 stars but the horrible balance,plot holes and horrible grammar killed it.From gameplay,terrain and technical side it's a very good campaign and i must say that story got some potential for a...
Morris
Firstly, you need to improve your thread's description, add screenshots and explain the differences from the original campaign. I understand that you are not good at English so I won't address that problem but you can always find people good at it...
deepstrasz
Previous version (before 11/09/2017) comments: This is more like a remake of RoC than an actual parallel universe story. I think there might be authors missing from the credits list. Check your resources with this: Resources...
Level 28
This is a well made campaign, I've had so much fun while playing it, I really enjoyed the gameplay, it has a very intreseting story with good features! Now I won't be complaining about the grammar which is mentioned before so I'll just go to details that might help you improve this campaign :
Prologue :
- Talky effects and Selection should be removed during cinematics.
- The Sky effect that shows at the map borders, you should hide it during the in-game.
- Adding pings or visibilty could be helpful, I had to use the cheat "iseedeadpeople" to find those plants :p
- Plants should be auto-useable cause they take space in the Inventory.
Chapter One :
- What's the purpose of that "Meat" item? :p
- When Gar'thok said move the villagers. They disappeared before the cinematic ended lol.
- Gar'thok is part of the Blackrock Clan? :eek:
Chapter Two :
- This mission is basically the same as the one of Blizzard with small changes...
- The Orcs are attacking from the same direction with the same troops.
- Why does Uther stand outside the base? :p
Chapter Three :
- In the cyan elves base, why is the orcish boats belong to the elves?
- The Orcs instantly spawned in the end, doesn't really look like they got off from a zepplin...
Chapter Four :
- Why only Sylvanas can have the key? Why not Uther? Can't you just switch the key in case Uther acquires it instead of Sylvanas? The first time I played this mission I didn't pay attention to the warning message at the start so I ended up stuck... :(
Chapter Six :
- The Waves started too fast at the beginning. You should give some time for the Player to prepare his base before launching the attack.
Chapter Eight :
- Captain Falric's animations are bugged.
- I can't cast Holy light on the undead dragons...
Chapter Ten :
Murading doesn't drop his loots after he die...

Overrall, This was a quite decent campaign and enjoyeable with no doubt about it, I appreciate all the efforts you've done on it, well done, mate :)
5/5

P.S : Are you planning to make a sequel to this campaign some day? Or are you planning to make more campaigns in the future? :D

Level 13
This is a well made campaign, I've had so much fun while playing it, I really enjoyed the gameplay, it has a very intreseting story with good features! Now I won't be complaining about the grammar which is mentioned before so I'll just go to details that might help you improve this campaign :
Prologue :
- Talky effects and Selection should be removed during cinematics.
- The Sky effect that shows at the map borders, you should hide it during the in-game.
- Adding pings or visibilty could be helpful, I had to use the cheat "iseedeadpeople" to find those plants :p
- Plants should be auto-useable cause they take space in the Inventory.
Chapter One :
- What's the purpose of that "Meat" item? :p
- When Gar'thok said move the villagers. They disappeared before the cinematic ended lol.
- Gar'thok is part of the Blackrock Clan? :eek:
Chapter Two :
- This mission is basically the same as the one of Blizzard with small changes...
- The Orcs are attacking from the same direction with the same troops.
- Why does Uther stand outside the base? :p
Chapter Three :
- In the cyan elves base, why is the orcish boats belong to the elves?
- The Orcs instantly spawned in the end, doesn't really look like they got off from a zepplin...
Chapter Four :
- Why only Sylvanas can have the key? Why not Uther? Can't you just switch the key in case Uther acquires it instead of Sylvanas? The first time I played this mission I didn't pay attention to the warning message at the start so I ended up stuck... :(
Chapter Six :
- The Waves started too fast at the beginning. You should give some time for the Player to prepare his base before launching the attack.
Chapter Eight :
- Captain Falric's animations are bugged.
- I can't cast Holy light on the undead dragons...
Chapter Ten :
Murading doesn't drop his loots after he die...

Overrall, This was a quite decent campaign and enjoyeable with no doubt about it, I appreciate all the efforts you've done on it, well done, mate :)
5/5

P.S : Are you planning to make a sequel to this campaign some day? Or are you planning to make more campaigns in the future? :D

WoW thank you man, I happy that you liked my campaign, actually I am working now on sequel campaign about the orcs...
* If my english isn't good so I'm sorry now :(
by the way, your campaign about the Forsaken is amazing!!!! Or are you planning to make more campaigns in the future?

2/5 for gameplay
1/5 for terraining
3/5 for story line

And aslo, I've started just ravaging trough the game files and Improving the terrible... TERRIBLE terrain!! Just for my own sake of enjoying playing the campaign without having my own autism gnawing at every thought about every balt straight line on nonesence that goes on forever!!!

Seriously, in probably a week from now, I will send you your own campaign, but with terrain i could at least rate with an 3, instead of 1/5!

Level 10
In chapter 2 is there a way to get the Murloc that is hiding in the woods north-east without waiting the peasants 10,000 years to clear out that forest?
Peasants have no lumber gathering upgrades, and mortars aren't playable in that chapter.

Level 9
In chapter 2 is there a way to get the Murloc that is hiding in the woods north-east without waiting the peasants 10,000 years to clear out that forest?
Peasants have no lumber gathering upgrades, and mortars aren't playable in that chapter.

It won't matter since the trees are invulnerable. You can't cut them down

Level 10
I have just finished playing the campaign and I want to share my feedback about it.

Characters and Dialogues: It is strange for King Terenas to just keep Uther waiting outside when he is summoned. Isn't Uther supposed to be an important character and a hero of the alliance? Also, I like the way everybody asking who Uther the lightbringer is throughout the campaign:alol::alol:. The dialogues are good, but I think they need to be suitable for each character and more interesting. For example Uther should be more calm and wise, Arthas more frustrated and angry, and so on.

Gameplay: Gameplay is just awesome. You have a lot of amazing items with good stats, a lot of new abilites and wonderful models. Missions are interesting, but the difficulty is a bit easy. I think you should just make it more difficult and everything will be perfect.

Terrain: I'm not an expert in terrain art, but it seems very well made in this campaign, and I don't think it needs reworking. However, I noticed that the trees never deplete in the campaign as someone noted that for me, and in chapter 2 the murloc secret should either be removed, or the trees made vulnerable.

Story: The story seems fine, and most of it is based on the real lore but follow it a bit differently, however I think the events should be explained more. For example, Arthas was chasing the orcs, and suddenly boom! he's in Northrend!!:alol::alol: and there was no mention that he will be travelling there.

These are some few suggestions and you are free to ignore them or take them into consideration, but the campaign is one of the best that I have played, very original and well made. Good work!
5/5

Level 13
I have just finished playing the campaign and I want to share my feedback about it.

Characters and Dialogues: It is strange for King Terenas to just keep Uther waiting outside when he is summoned. Isn't Uther supposed to be an important character and a hero of the alliance? Also, I like the way everybody asking who Uther the lightbringer is throughout the campaign:alol::alol:. The dialogues are good, but I think they need to be suitable for each character and more interesting. For example Uther should be more calm and wise, Arthas more frustrated and angry, and so on.

Gameplay: Gameplay is just awesome. You have a lot of amazing items with good stats, a lot of new abilites and wonderful models. Missions are interesting, but the difficulty is a bit easy. I think you should just make it more difficult and everything will be perfect.

Terrain: I'm not an expert in terrain art, but it seems very well made in this campaign, and I don't think it needs reworking. However, I noticed that the trees never deplete in the campaign as someone noted that for me, and in chapter 2 the murloc secret should either be removed, or the trees made vulnerable.

Story: The story seems fine, and most of it is based on the real lore but follow it a bit differently, however I think the events should be explained more. For example, Arthas was chasing the orcs, and suddenly boom! he's in Northrend!!:alol::alol: and there was no mention that he will be travelling there.

These are some few suggestions and you are free to ignore them or take them into consideration, but the campaign is one of the best that I have played, very original and well made. Good work!
5/5

Thank you, I wanted to fix the campaign but I very busy.. anyway, thank you for the feedback

Level 3
I would advise you to improve the openings of your future campaigns (if you decide to make more) because first impressions matter a lot more than you may think. Usually when someone doesn't have enough patience to play through 2 - 3 Chapters to see if the campaign is really worth playing, the first minutes are what decide if he will stay or exit. I didn't bother to finish the prologue due to it failing to catch my attention with good characters, an interesting story with well-written dialogues or some unique approaches to the terrain and challenging gameplay. I recommend you to use some program such as Grammarly to help you with the writing of your maps and work more on the map design, the decorations are okay-ish but the layout is just made to make you run around and waste time, with no easter eggs and dead ends everywhere, a few shortcuts that open up as you progress would strongly improve the map. Rewards given by the quests are quite disappointing and most of the items sold by the shops were garbage.

Level 6
I would advise you to improve the openings of your future campaigns (if you decide to make more) because first impressions matter a lot more than you may think. Usually when someone doesn't have enough patience to play through 2 - 3 Chapters to see if the campaign is really worth playing, the first minutes are what decide if he will stay or exit. I didn't bother to finish the prologue due to it failing to catch my attention with good characters, an interesting story with well-written dialogues or some unique approaches to the terrain and challenging gameplay. I recommend you to use some program such as Grammarly to help you with the writing of your maps and work more on the map design, the decorations are okay-ish but the layout is just made to make you run around and waste time, with no easter eggs and dead ends everywhere, a few shortcuts that open up as you progress would strongly improve the map. Rewards given by the quests are quite disappointing and most of the items sold by the shops were garbage.

judging a book by its cover, are we? Now i see, why some people die alone.

Level 5
Sorry for my behavior, just I was having a bad day. But you should really fix that. In chapter 6, Lorthemar is not that hard to kill since only a couples of troops guarding him, and sometime he just charging on, standing on the front line. Maybe you can pull him back to the city.
In chapter 7, nerf those Kul'Tiras knights since they are to op. Dalaran's troops also need to participate in the fight to :v
Rude behavior towards my friend be more respectful for people to do your damn requests

Level 3
Wowowwowowo does Uther will be playable character??? I will write a review after finish this!!!...

Please don't say that Uther gonna killed in this campaign :(:(:(:(

Level 3
judging a book by its cover, are we? Now i see, why some people die alone.
Let's say you start watching a series, you watch the first episodes and you didn't like it, would you proceed to watch the whole series on the premise of it being any better towards the end? Not everyone has time for that.

Level 3
Forgot to write a review..

Its great!!
But that story kinda confusing.. Arthas wants to hunt orc that escape..... Instead of fighting orc Arthas encounter undead??
-.- cant sylvanas not turning to banshee...I hope she still elf instead undead

Level 4
Currently on mission 7, I think the gameplay is great.
I'll just note some things that bothered me:
- first mission has a bit too much running around, I'd suggest placing some teleporters/waygates
- balance; let's talk about heroes first.
Uther:
1st spell is OP, nothing dies if Uther wills it, while his 2nd spell is very bad and utter waste of mana. Maybe you could replace it with a passive?
Ultimate is weird for a Paladin, because it's pure destruction, and damages or outright kills anything, even frienfly units. Spell book is nice to have, although Healing Wave is redundant, since Uther already has a super healing spell which is much better.
Right now Uther is an engine of destruction and makes your other units near him basicaly immortal :D

Sylvanas
Quite Qtrong and I like her abilities, only the Lightning Arrow doesn't work with her tripple-arrow passive?

Jaina
I think you can remove the magic shield, since she doesn't have have enough mana for it, because of other, better spells, being used more often

Admiral
His spells are quite weak and has no inventory but I guess he's more of a side character anyway.

Arthas
Maybe adding exact numbers on his auras, so we see exactly how much they benefit us?

Balance
Difficult to talk about player's units since it's all about heroes supporting them with their powers.
In the high elf mission where you gather the thee moon keys, I think the gate should have have a bit more HP, to have have more time clearing the map and getting some items.
Also please nerf Gargoyles, they're so hard to kill :D

All this is based on my personal preferences, the campaign is perfectly playable as it is.

BUT!
Please do something about the dialogue and anything that you wrote, because it's bad :D It doesn't affect gameplay, but does affect immersion and general satisfaction. :)

Last edited:
Level 13
Currently on mission 7, I think the gameplay is great.
I'll just note some things that bothered me:
- first mission has a bit too much running around, I'd suggest placing some teleporters/waygates
- balance; let's talk about heroes first.
Uther:
1st spell is OP, nothing dies if Uther wills it, while his 2nd spell is very bad and utter waste of mana. Maybe you could replace it with a passive?
Ultimate is weird for a Paladin, because it's pure destruction, and damages or outright kills anything, even frienfly units. Spell book is nice to have, although Healing Wave is redundant, since Uther already has a super healing spell which is much better.
Right now Uther is an engine of destruction and makes your other units near him basicaly immortal :D

Sylvanas
Quite Qtrong and I like her abilities, only the Lightning Arrow doesn't work with her tripple-arrow passive?

Jaina
I think you can remove the magic shield, since she doesn't have have enough mana for it, because of other, better spells, being used more often

Admiral
His spells are quite weak and has no inventory but I guess he's more of a side character anyway.

Arthas
Maybe adding exact numbers on his auras, so we see exactly how much they benefit us?

Balance
Difficult to talk about player's units since it's all about heroes supporting them with their powers.
In the high elf mission where you gather the thee moon keys, I think the gate should have have a bit more HP, to have have more time clearing the map and getting some items.
Also please nerf Gargoyles, they're so hard to kill :D

All this is based on my personal preferences, the campaign is perfectly playable as it is.

BUT!
Please do something about the dialogue and anything that you wrote, because it's bad :D It doesn't affect gameplay, but does affect immersion and general satisfaction. :)

Thank you for your review, I will try to fix these, but I havn't time :(

Level 5
I'm having a lot of fun playing this campaign, reminds me of the good times I had when playing original W3 campaign.

POSITIVES
- Well made terrain
- Interesting new spells and abilities
- Some new units
- Very enjoyable gameplay
- Cinematics are pretty good

NEGATIVES
- Some minor bugs (for example - even after completing a quest in the first chapter, the quest mark above the quest giver doesn't dissapear)
- First chapter is kinda boring (too much walking)
- Bad grammar in dialogue
- Heroes sometimes feel like they're a bit too OP

In conclusion, Destiny of Lordaeron is a decent campaign that you clearly put a lot of work in, which is appreciated. Keep up the good work, buddy!

Level 13
I'm having a lot of fun playing this campaign, reminds me of the good times I had when playing original W3 campaign.

POSITIVES
- Well made terrain
- Interesting new spells and abilities
- Some new units
- Very enjoyable gameplay
- Cinematics are pretty good

NEGATIVES
- Some minor bugs (for example - even after completing a quest in the first chapter, the quest mark above the quest giver doesn't dissapear)
- First chapter is kinda boring (too much walking)
- Bad grammar in dialogue
- Heroes sometimes feel like they're a bit too OP

In conclusion, Destiny of Lordaeron is a decent campaign that you clearly put a lot of work in, which is appreciated. Keep up the good work, buddy!

Thank you!!

X59

X59

Level 3
This was a fun campaign to play. Really liked how there was more variety in heroes to play and I was surprised to play as a living Sylvanas. At the same time I thought that it was kind of funny how Arthas's rushing off to fight orcs ended up leading him to fighting against the undead. Speaking of orcs I was surprised that Uther was more compassion in the prologue by not wanting to attack all the orcs and only those who striking against the Alliance. I never got the impression that he took Jaina Proudmoore (Pre Destruction of Theramore) approach to the orcish race.

Now I don't know if this was intentional or an accident but in the final when Uther and Jaina leave Northrend they don't come off in the best light due to leaving people behind to die. For example the knight who tells Uther that they are under attack doesn't come with and as the boats leave you can clearly see peasants at work. The main issue is that Uther is talking about getting everyone out and then it looks like he just bailed on everyone but a few. It would have made more sense for Uther to stay and help hold the line while having Jaina guide as many as she could out of Northrend. Alternatively if you needed Uther to survive the end then you could have had that knight convince Uther that him surviving to warn the Alliance about Arthas and the Scourge was the more strategic decision over following his heart in staying with his forces.

Now I did notice some bugs/errors.
*After completing the missions from the NPCs in the Prologue there ! remained above their heads.
*The Gryphon Knight added to the unit/food limit by 2 when sent into fly mode.
*Spelling mistakes as "will" appearing as "wiil" or "Farewell" appearing as "Farewall."

Level 5
Good campaign, but the last missions are too easy with every hero reaching level 15, you can beat the last map with only the heroes, it is too easy.
The terrain design is average.
Can't say much about the story of the campaign given that is almost the same as the original human campaign in RoC, which if you wanted it this way is good(your personal touch to the campaign).
Except for terrain and some broken grammar, everything else is fine 4/5

Level 13
Good campaign, but the last missions are too easy with every hero reaching level 15, you can beat the last map with only the heroes, it is too easy.
The terrain design is average.
Can't say much about the story of the campaign given that is almost the same as the original human campaign in RoC, which if you wanted it this way is good(your personal touch to the campaign).
Except for terrain and some broken grammar, everything else is fine 4/5

Thank you, if you want, I have the other campaigns (Orcs and Undead), try them :)

Level 5
Thank you, if you want, I have the other campaigns (Orcs and Undead), try them :)

Will do, I'm taking my time I downloaded every single approved campaign of the Hive and now I'm playing all of them, recently reached your campaign "March of the Horde" and I will be playing it for the following days. :)

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 68
You can't, because I don't know how to make this in my campaigns

Level 5
Aside from the obvious things others have pointed out already, I overall enjoyed the campaign. At times pretty difficult, but having great heroes helped a lot. Sylvanas max crit skill + crit axe + highest possible atk damage = totally OP with extreme frequent crits due to the fact that you have 2 separate crit chances :D Loved that. Would've loved if Falric kept the items we give him beyond the current mission. I also have been reluctant to use him at all in fear of him dying. Didn't want to test if he revives or something like that ^^

I bet your english improved since then, but at the very least I understood what you wanted to say so that's good enough. Of course that's no reason to not improve :p Keep going. Going to play the next campaign. I think it's orcs. I hate playing orcs, but I'll do it anyway ^^

Afternote; Would've loved QWER shortcuts for skills. Yes I know, I'm spoiled :D Played with 1.30.4, no bugs or crashes as far as I noticed.

Edit: I just noticed I still had the original campaign difficulty on hard. I think if this influenced your campaign (since it does on others, dunno exactly) that explains a bit lol

Last edited:
Level 13
Played on 1.27.

This is my second time playing this campaign. The first time I finished it (then I seem to have been very patient), I remember some things. However, now I was unable to find 2 of the three plants in the Prologue. I know where they are but now they are gone: at the fountain and the stone golem - the red flower; in poisonous spiders - the mushroom; murlocs - the third plant.
1. I collected all the missions
2. I went to perform them (in a scrambled order)
3. Cheats don't work
4. I can't continue because the levels are not open

I couldn't finish Rise of the Damned because of Level 9 and March of the Horde v1.2 (because I'm not that good player). I don't know how fair it is to want all levels of these campaigns to be open so that weaker players can skip the level that makes it difficult for them and more importantly to skip this absurd behavior of Level 9 in Rise of the Damned. Playing a campaign for a whole day or several days and finally not being able to finish it is pretty frustrating to say the least. Under these conditions, what should I expect from your latest campaign?

In general, I'm not particularly capricious, pretentious and I don't give up too quickly, but I get quite nervous when I have to redo the whole level because of a trifle or because the level requires skills that I don't have. If you can't or don't have time to fix the glitches in your games make all campaign with open levels.

I'm not sure how realistic my assessment of your first three campaigns will be. It's somewhat deserved, somewhat not. I give it based on what I've played and experienced:
1. Destiny of Lordaeron - 5
2. Rise of the Damned - 4 (played on 1.30 twice)
3. March of the Horde v1.2 - 4 (played on 1.30)

Last edited: