1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Choose your ride to damnation in the 5th Special Effect Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The winners of the 13th Techtree Contest have been announced!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Dark Destiny

Submitted by Cienfuegos
This bundle is marked as substandard. It may contain bugs, not perform optimally or otherwise be in violation of the submission rules.
Update 4 Fixed mostl of the bugs stated as well as the grammer mistakes. Only thing left is Mission 9

Alright I've fixed neary everything that Deathreaven pointed out exept for a few things. I realy appreciate the advice, it has helped alot so far. I hope Ican finish the last two Chapters soon.

*Sorry the one I updated yesterday was an older version. This is the one I was talking about

Things I couldnt Fix
1.Frost Wyrms seem not to heal Rock wall as I planned they would, dont no whats rong with my triggering

Things that dont need fixing In my opinion
5.Cultists are ghosts so they fly, maybe cultists wasnt greates name choice

Deleted points that were fixed

Update 2: dont know how to make changelogs that hide info till clikced

1. Map 9 is the only map not near completion
2. map 10 the final map is complete, though testing has been light, especialy on AI.
3. Final Cinema Finished

Keywords:
Forsaken, campaign, Warcraft, 4,
Contents

Dark Destiny (Campaign)

Reviews
14:31, 1st Aug 2010 ap0calypse: Rejected
  1. 14:31, 1st Aug 2010
    ap0calypse: Rejected

2. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wait, isn't this the same as rekindling of life? Or are the minimaps just the same.....did you re-upload to avoid the unapproved rating? I know this is suppossed to be the same due to it also having used the old name of rekindling of life.

3. Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos

Resources:
    Resources:
    No i deleted bymistake, it was never approved, or voted on at all i dont think. but its same yes but huge improvements

4. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Then you really should have updated the other one, or have deleted it and used this one. Right now you're breaking rules, and you're getting a fresh slate free of the bad grade it got. I hope this is fixed up a lot or there'll be a few repeat comments.

edit: I'll retest it tommorrow. It's really late here.

5. TheHunterKiller

TheHunterKiller

Resources:
    Resources:
    Whoa, lotsa chaps. I'll test it soon.

6. The_Grapist

The_Grapist

Resources:
    Resources:
    The camera angle is ok.
    But the terrain/trigger/ideas can be improved.
    I can help you with terrain.

If you need help PM me.

7. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay, I'll point out a few things, but my review of the other chapters will not be this long, or I'd spend a day writing.

Intro.-No description or background history of Lucious really.
    -spelling was only bad with the word thier.

Chapter 1-"consderabley"? It's considerably
    -Priest model was really stupid looking, it should have remained it's basic form.
    -Abbot Mclanland?
    -The Human building could at least be burning after you destroy their town.
    -Scarlet Crusaders use gnolls?
    -Paliden "I understand your kind" Really? You don't mind that I'm the murderer of thousands? Thanks!
    -Why do the cultists float above ground..
    -"Dam"? Just use the real spelling, everyone understands you point so don't try to hide it.
    -General Little Timmy. He Just can't live his life peacefully can he. First captured by gnolls, then turned into a ghoul (Secret in RoC) and then selling ice reavents. Now he's a general.
    -Gold mine has basic amount, could use a bit of adjuctment.
    - I can build the dark forge anywhere, even on trees or other buildings. Get a collision for it and build restrictions.

I'll judge the other maps later, I need to play the game right? I'd approve the map if I could, it's working compltetely fine. As long as the other missions are this good, it'll be approved. But really, this shouldn't have been re-uploaded.

Edit: Chapter 2:-abomintations and an added ghoul still attacking sylvanis.
    -Horrible recreation of Quel'Thalas. Do you need help with that?

Chapter 3- MAJOR problem. If the frost wyrms hit the rock wall the game instantly shuts off. How are you supposed to kill them anyway? You get no real anti-air units. Give me a few gargoyals or something.

-The bats also don't always destroy the rocks, which caused the above.

Chapter 4- Wrongs instead of rongs. Only spelling error on the map.
    -Jonny could use a bit more health. dieing in 1 hit isn't cutting it during ambushes.
    -Anub-arak didn't kill the archer guy, causing the level to just sit there.

Chapter 5-Little Timmy's enrage spell say 0% for 0 seconds. It's a useless spell.
    -Forsaken traitors have a horrible AI. They never build or make units.
    -Thier is used again.

Chapter 6-Very laggy cutscene.
    -dettention? It should be attention.
    -quikly is the wrong spelling too.
    -Why do deathmages have a raven form? It's really out of place.

Interlude-Wtf is Keal? Sylvanis called Kael keal.
    -Rexxar is sorta outof place. He claimed to have left to wander after the durotar campaign.
    -rong instead of wrong again.

Chapter 7.-Beleive? It's believe.
    -The optional quest is impossible. The boat can't reach the island due to a land mass blocking it. Iceriders don't complete the quest either.

Chapter 8-Forgetting of certain letters in words.
    -Major:Why the heck am I allowed to take the Guard base in the north? It's really strange. I'm also allowed to make infinite heros from it.
    -The Bloodhounds are floating?
    -An enemy gave me an Orb of unholy might level 7. This brought me to 2 of them total. The Captain model is simply retarded.

Chapter 9-10 Unfinished but not looking too good from what's already there.

Chapter test. Did you really need to add this to the campaign?

I'll give this campaign a 3/5. It's changed a lot from the first attempt, and now I think it's a map that is worthy of approval. It used to be a piece of crap.

Anyway, that's my review. Do you need help with terraining? I could put some ideas here for you. Some screenshots maybe. Like I could design a terrain area to give you ideas.

Last edited: Aug 16, 2009
  8. Cienfuegos

Cienfuegos

Resources:
    Resources:
    Thx for critism

Most of those are mistakes i didnt notice. I've never gotten such complete constructive critism.
    - going to fix most
    - Little Timmy I'm keeping as is, dont realy know why you got prob with it
    - Pally "understands" the way Jaina understood that horde killed many, even after bloodlust was gone. Common enemy situation
    - cultist are ghosts
    - Crusaders are using a kindof mafia protection kinda mentality. Help us we protect you. Not with s ur against us
    - could use some help making Quel' thalas. thugh only the last bit in the end was supposed to be Quel thalas
    - Frost Wyrms are supposed to heal rock by freezing it, not sure y it crashes
    - Rexxar said he would "always be part of the Horde" if needed
    BESIDES THAT ALL YOUR CRITIZSM WILL BE FIXED. IMREALY THANKFUL FOR THE SPECIFIC HELP

9. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Problem? I think Timmy is really funny. He's so unlucky. Okay about pally? But a little odd still. Mafia idea is cool. But don't they hate all other races apparently? I might upload a quick custom map screenshot of a version of Quel'Thalas. Freezing it crashes it. Maybe just give them a healing spell.....or a better Idea! Have an undead barge go and drop off a repair team or something. Also, I caused to rocks to collaspe with 2 bats......Rexxar part is okay. If you really need a terrain I guess I could show a screen shot to give ideas, just don't expect perfection....Try the terraining section for that. I still think that the Forsaken AI is terrible at it.....

ps: Make sure to add change logs :p

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  10. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Okay about the cultists. It was a poor name. Cultists are ussually still alive and stiving to join the masses of undead. They're similar to worshipers. And you there Cien? You havn't updated for days.

11. takakenji

takakenji

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Resources:
    awesome campaign dude besides a few weird things this is extremely good!!:grin:

12. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Anyway, I still don't see what was updated. I didn't retest the whole map yet, I told you what was wrong and that should be enough to fix most of it. Can you believe that while playing the whole campaign I sat there with a clipboard and was writing all of that over 4 pages? Tell me when maps 9 and 10 are done and I'll test them.

ps: I'm really glad you didn't junk this project after the first sections utter failure. You really did good in making this all better.

Edit, I have an idea for the Frost Wyrm thing. Instead of scripting the event, why not give the Wyrms a spell that has the same cooldown as it's attack, but heals destructables. That way the game won't crash. I think it's crashing because you're trying to damage and heal with the same thing, which causes an error with the life bars. I'll test the last chapter. And about the changelog thing. I meant on this site. And to put it in a map. Just make a quest in opttionals called changelog, and write the info as the quest parameters.

Chapter 10: -Way too hard. I got overun by hundreds of units withing a minute.
    Finale-Annoying. Had to wait 2 minutes at blood elve fight sceen.
    -Mispelling. :Darlar :finaly

Interlude after finale?-This is just wrong. Completely unnecissary. Make it final 2.
    -misspellings :mpuntain? thier.

ps...err.....s do you need ideas for chapter 9? I'd be willing to help you along with it.

Last edited: Aug 22, 2009
  13. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    Chapter four:
    huge bug, Gregory dude at end said 'is everyone safe?' and then BANG some spikes kill him, and i get the DEFEAT message.. im supposing this is a bug? LOL!... i mean, i finished the map, and then i got defeated wtf?.. it was in the cinematic. in the end

14. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Knight, on my time, the spikes didn't kill him and somehow the 30 units I hard killed anu'barak. The cinimatic never ended....

15. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    i guess, we both have somekind of bug in the end.. which is the reason that the cinematic is bugged somehow ?.. :S :S.

16. The_Grapist

The_Grapist

Resources:
    Resources:
    The message of this is:"Never say never.":xxd:

And:"Never let your guard down,or if you do some random spike will kill you." :mwahaha:

NOTE:And i will make an campaign that will start from the ending of this campaign.
    Wish me luck :D

17. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Do you happen to have any permission to do that? Maybe the creator is planning another campaign :/

18. knight26

knight26

Resources:
    Resources:
    DUDE. however it is. i cant continue to play the campaign because the cinematic in the chapter 4 is bugged?..

19. deathreaven

deathreaven

Resources:
    Resources:
    Just skip it already.....