• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Demigod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
CNP from Demigodthegame.com

--------------------------------------------------------------

The all father has vanished, creating an opening in the pantheon. To fill the void, Demigods from across from the mortal world must wage war against one another in a bid to ascend to true godhood.

Demigod is a real-time, tactical strategy game that includes extensive role-playing elements. Choose from several Demigods, each poised for battle with their own unique capabilities and awe-inspiring powers. Vanquish other would-be gods as you gain levels, increase in power, unlock the power of mystic artifacts and slowly battle your way closer to joining the Pantheon.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Demigod is like an AOS. I got this game and I must say that I recommend you guys to get it. Especially if you like Dota.

A video off the game: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dChcm8Go9XU

Level 11
Its an aos but its nothing like dota... almost no similarities of gameplay, they share type only, lots of ppl says its like dota coz they played DotA map in wc3 only -.-' . Its maybe based on DotA but i dont seem it similar... too slow, ganking impossible, its more like "crush the way you go".

And btw ppl who are hardcore dota players will mostly dislike Demigod...

Level 14
Its an aos but its nothing like dota... almost no similarities of gameplay, they share type only, lots of ppl says its like dota coz they played DotA map in wc3 only -.-' . Its maybe based on DotA but i dont seem it similar... too slow, ganking impossible, its more like "crush the way you go".

And btw ppl who are hardcore dota players will mostly dislike Demigod...

Ganking impossible bullshit. Have you played the game?

Level 11
Well, i did, but only is SP, and just a little, few hours compaign, the design of game... only looked like that; hard to gank coz of design and slow movement+slow animations. But i might been wrong :). Anyway i comparing it to DotA when we're talking about ganking.

Level 14
Well, i did, but only is SP, and just a little, few hours compaign, the design of game... only looked like that; hard to gank coz of design and slow movement+slow animations. But i might been wrong :). Anyway i comparing it to DotA when we're talking about ganking.

Alright, I personally don't find them to slow and there are movement items in the game.

Level 5
I personally adore this game, it is fun, cooperative and interesting, also the characters are balanced (except the Regulus guy) ;D

Level 15
Do not make the mistake of thinking this game sucks because of its similarity to DotA. It may pull key gameplay elements from DotA, but it is unique enough that you could care less. I am a HUGE DotA hater, always have been, always will be, But I love Demigod. Extremely well balanced, perfect mix of elements from the RPG/RTS genres, gorgeous looking arenas (I'm running it on High at 1920x1080 res, looks spectacular), and has multiple game types.

I Highly recommend it.

Level 14
Do not make the mistake of thinking this game sucks because of its similarity to DotA. It may pull key gameplay elements from DotA, but it is unique enough that you could care less. I am a HUGE DotA hater, always have been, always will be, But I love Demigod. Extremely well balanced, perfect mix of elements from the RPG/RTS genres, gorgeous looking arenas (I'm running it on High at 1920x1080 res, looks spectacular), and has multiple game types.

I Highly recommend it.

Aye, my computer is kinda bad so I run it at low settings, it's far from as good as max graphics but it still looks good.

Level 34
I find the levels rather boring. They're all empty walkways. Other than that it looks pretty good. I might give it a try sometime.

Level 14
I find the levels rather boring. They're all empty walkways. Other than that it looks pretty good. I might give it a try sometime.

I've never felt that the levels been really boring sure a map where you could sneak up from behind would be cool

Level 14
Regulus or The Rook. Regulus is pretty overpowered though, so i don't like to play him too much because of how easy it is to win with him.

I love the Rook however Regulus is just a easy kill with Erebus. Maybe I haven't met a good Regulus player

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Just adding this warning at top, 'cause Hive is over-populated by DotA haters: I'm a DotA player.

I've got Demigod, but unfortunately, I'm one of the many who do not have access to MP, due to Stardocks using P2P.

Anyhow, as to comparing this to DotA- in a sense there's certain similarities, a DotA player has advantages to a certain extent, 'cause he's past the noob phase and he also has a grip of items. Other than that, Demigod is entirely different. Y

[-] - Your LoS is permanently a circle, meaning there are no means to hide if you are within the radius of enemy sight- ganging, escape, backstabs, surprise attacks, advantage-turners are all obsolete. Fights in Demigod is determined by brute force, you cannot develop skill in killing and escaping.

[-] - Items are not mixed, when you've had one item a while, you have to sell it and replace it with a better one of the same kind. You can't start a build already in the beginning because there is no such thing as a build. You just buy items that benefit you, your teammates, and makes the enemies die more quickly.

[-] - Severe lack of heroes, there's merely 8 Demigods to choose from. I have understood it that this will be extended though.

[-] - Lack of maps, don't get me all wrong here please- I'm perfectly aware DotA is only one map, but it's a lot larger and have a lot more variaton to it, there's a lot to learn about the map in DotA, in Demigod you know the map after 10 minutes simply because there is no secret paths or the likes.

[-] - No insight on other players item builds, there is no way to learn of others unless you talk about it.

[+] - Graphics look neat, both Demigods and arenas are well designed.

[+] - Variation in ability-builds. There's a lot of possibilities to combine various sets of spells according to your allies and enemies.

[+] - WASD control of camera, huge pluss! Using hotkeys is a lot easier when you don't have to use tools to get them near the arrow-keys.

My favourite Demigod has to be Sedna or whatever she's called- rides a cat-animal, a lion?- with her ability to heal a LOT and dish out a LOT of damage as well. She's probably the most powerful Demigod in the game. Unclean Beast is also powerful, and reminds me a lot of a mixture of N'aix, Pudge and Venomancer (from DotA) due to his DoT, slow and leech abilities (no names, just terms).

The Rook is a lot of fun if you invest in attack speed and damage, bash down towers in a matter of seconds.

Oak reminds me of Omniknight, I invested in some AoE artifacts so that I can keep dishing out AoE damage to enemy minions healing myself and my allies, as well as hurting enemy Demigods badly.

Regulus and QoT are the only ones I have not tried, but they seem fairly neat as well.
Also, I haven't tried out actually playing like a General, the General-Demigods work just fine as assassins as well.

All in all, a fairly nice game, once they fix the MP problems and start extenting the content. I wouldn't go as far as to call it a new generation of DotA though, because DotA proved a lot more depth and depend more on skill- perfect examples being Mirana's Arrow, Windrunner's Arrow, Pudge's Hook, Clockwerk's Hook, and many more.

Level 15
I wasn't really attracted to the game in the beginning, since I think DotA sucks, but after watching a few videos and reviews, I'm beginning to think differently. I'm getting this game soon (it's gonna take only a few hours since it's about 2.34 gigabytes big), and I am pretty excited. It looks great. It really does. I just hope the AI is good...

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
The AI is total garbage, everyone says so on the boards so I do not even need to play the game to tell you that. Basically the AI cheats on harder difficulties which allowss for some challenge. It however fails with simple effective behaviour and so many people have reported allies suiciding into enemies, and allies just doing totally stupid stuff as well as enemies.

Another problem I heard is like all AoS, late game most spells become usless. We all know this from WC3 where most noob RPGs suffer from this but from what I heard, after 45 minutes you deal nearly twice the damage attacking norm ally than a spell does if you factor in the casting time. Many people wanted to see spells stat based or atleast variable but so far I have not heard of any such implimentations.

Overall to me it sounds pretty repetitive and boring as there are no random maps and it was only really designed for multiplayer.

On the other notes, yes it does look good and you have GPG to thank for that and their supreme commander team. Basically for demigod they used some methods tried with the orignal supreme commander and improved on them for the graphics. This is paying off as Supreme commanders 2 will also have the same level of graphics, infact the basic engine support is the same and they admited to recycling the demigod graphic engine for supreme commanders 2, allowing for massive platform battles with chasims over bottomless cravases. You can tell as both demigod and the alpha footage of supreme commander 2 like using tiles to show off the render as tiles are extreemly hard to render well.

Level 15
The AI is total garbage, everyone says so on the boards so I do not even need to play the game to tell you that. Basically the AI cheats on harder difficulties which allowss for some challenge. It however fails with simple effective behaviour and so many people have reported allies suiciding into enemies, and allies just doing totally stupid stuff as well as enemies.
Well, not every game's AI will be as good as Unreal; atleast they get SOME kind of advantage!

Another problem I heard is like all AoS, late game most spells become usless. We all know this from WC3 where most noob RPGs suffer from this but from what I heard, after 45 minutes you deal nearly twice the damage attacking norm ally than a spell does if you factor in the casting time. Many people wanted to see spells stat based or atleast variable but so far I have not heard of any such implimentations.
I'm assuming most spells are specialized or have AoE, etc. That's what I'm hoping for, anyways.

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Well, I just played the game for about... 2 hours or so. It's incredible. Intense combat, fairly pretty graphics (better than the Warcraft 3 engine, that's for sure), and the AI is fairly challenging, although it does do stupid things occasionally. As a whole, though, the game is epic. It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than DotA. By ten miles. Or twenty. Or fifty. Or one hundred!

I've only played as The Oak, and I STILL want to play more! By the way, Lord Erebus got Apocalypse... in two games!

Last edited:
Level 15
Well, not every game's AI will be as good as Unreal; atleast they get SOME kind of advantage!

I'm assuming most spells are specialized or have AoE, etc. That's what I'm hoping for, anyways.

Thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Well, I just played the game for about... 2 hours or so. It's incredible. Intense combat, fairly pretty graphics (better than the Warcraft 3 engine, that's for sure), and the AI is fairly challenging, although it does do stupid things occasionally. As a whole, though, the game is epic. It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than DotA. By ten miles. Or twenty. Or fifty. Or one hundred!

I've only played as The Oak, and I STILL want to play more! By the way, Lord Erebus got Apocalypse... in two games!

Yes, a convert! lol, what's your account name? maybe we can play online sometime.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Why Demigod is worse than DotA :

- P2P multiplayer connectivity, instead of client-to-host connection- thereby blocking out a lot of players, but increasing performance for those who can play with P2P.

- Lack of variation- few Demigods, few maps, small maps, increadibly bad AI - probably a bit more variation in MP though.

- Lack of content updates- DotA adds new content way more often- actually Stardock have not even added content yet as far as I know.

- Lack of balance, hard to get accustomed to.

- Demanding software for a little older computers (I don't have trouble with that, but I few people I know do- even at low graphic settings, looking worse than WC3 with absolutely no effects, and texture quality equal to Quake Arena, the game lags immensely on a 2.8GHz Single Core processor, 2GB Ram and a decent nVidia 9000 series GPU.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
- P2P multiplayer connectivity, instead of client-to-host connection- thereby blocking out a lot of players, but increasing performance for those who can play with P2P.

That is your problem... Every body with decent internet can host so really for most smart people its not an issue. I do admit though that they should work towards some kind of combination whereby people who can not host can be a client for someone who can and use him as a relay (at the cost of potential huge delays).

- Lack of content updates- DotA adds new content way more often- actually Stardock have not even added content yet as far as I know.
Yes, as they said they would ever month add new content and so far they are yet to add a single new demigod in 2 months.

Not entirly true, as the ballence is the one area which is actually being updated.

- Demanding software for a little older computers (I don't have trouble with that, but I few people I know do- even at low graphic settings, looking worse than WC3 with absolutely no effects, and texture quality equal to Quake Arena, the game lags immensely on a 2.8GHz Single Core processor, 2GB Ram and a decent nVidia 9000 series GPU.
Yes, ofcourse it lags, what did you expect with that processor? Your graphic card is a 9600/9800 I take it which should max the game easilly, your processor is worse than my 6 year old PC's so ofcourse it preforms badly with this game. You can not expect a dated single core processor to run the game well.

It states that your processor exceeds the "minimal" requirements, which are the requirements needed for it to even be playable (load / get frames to render) and not the requirements for it to run well.
The requirements for it to run well are a 3 GHZ single core or any muti core processor aimed for desktop use.

Thus a simple upgrade from your single core to a core2 duo or quad will turn the game from a slide show to nearly no lag ever.

I know this from supreme commander, which shares some of the mechanics with this game (or atleast methods used were recycled). If you do not have a dual core, do not expect high frame rates or lag free play. Ofcourse this game needs a lot less than supreme commanders to run well, as its better optimized and less physic orintated, but still it needs dual core to run well. The graphic engine especially is very massive and designed for high quality but demanding stuff on the CPU. Large parts of the demigod graphic engine is being recycled for supreme commanders 2, which wil also have recommended requirements of multi core processors like this and supreme commanders.

I am sorry to say but nowdays you can not expect games to play well with a good graphic card but a slow single core CPU.

Level 15
Why Demigod is worse than DotA
It's not.

Your problem, not those who have good connection.

- Lack of variation- few Demigods, few maps, small maps, increadibly bad AI - probably a bit more variation in MP though.
The Demigods might be few, but they are all very different from eachother. DotA just has clones of other heroes, with a few exceptions. And don't even get me started on maps... DotA takes place on ONE map, with only ONE gametype!

The content is fine as it is.

The balance is spot-on... I got into this game the first few minutes I started to play.

You have a HORRIBLE processor and you're complaining it doesn't run well?... Seriously.

And slow paced gameplay, and most of people likes either fast paced gameplay or slow gameplay with good content and story.
The gameplay is actually VERY fast-paced, and feels a lot faster than DotA. The story has actual substance, with Demigods fighting to earn the most favor in order to reach Godly status. Since when did DotA have a story, except for the Scourge attacking the Night Elf sentinels?

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

First of; I stated quite clearly that I do not have trouble with lag- I run a clocked @3.0GHz Quad Core processor, a XFX GTX280 graphics card, as well as 6GB of RAM on a 64-bit Vista. Trust me, I don't lag. What I am saying is that Demigod has a design that allows it to look like Quake Arena, or any other really old game, at low graphics, yet lag on perfectly fine computers that run UT3, Crysis and several other, quite new games smoothly. The PC I described in my former post runs Crysis just fine, no lag and playable fps, while when you run Demigod on low graphics (looking way worse than Crysis and with a lot less terrain detail) it lags and runs down at 10 fps or worse. And don't come with the excuse it's online, 'cause we played it in single player.

As for P2P, 'good internet' is defined by if you can play P2P or not? Seriosuly, the only thing I need P2P for is Demigod. I've got a 25mbit line, but it's a university line, and they don't allow P2P for several reasons. A lot of ISPs in Europe do not allow a lot of P2P anyhow. It's not bad to not have P2P, it's optimistic to even attempt using it and expect a lot of players.

The balance might be worked on, but it still is rather unbalanced. Sedna being my prime example. High damage output, high healing potential, good support in addition to being a general and thereby able to use minions. She can't be balanced by tweaking the numbers, she needs to be completely remade. Not to mention the items, if you save up 8000 gold and purchase an artefact before the other team, you've won. Simple as that.

Name me a DotA hero that is a clone of another DotA hero. If you know any, I'm sure you haven't played them.

Indeed, DotA is one map. Bear in mind though, it's one detailed, large map. There's a lot to learn about the DotA map. Secret paths, line of sight blockers, quick escape routes. In Demigod, there are non-existent. The line of sight is a permanent circle in which it reveals everything. The maps in Demigod are no challenges, they are leanrt throughout in 10 minutes maximum. That means what 80 minutes for all? I never counted them, but it's not exactly many of them.

Besides, the game-types in Demigod are not really game-types, they are victory conditions, and are partitions of the full game, Conquest. DotA features a more variated gameplay with various modes; -mm, Mirrored Mode, -dm, Death Match, -cm, Captains Mode, -em, Easy Match plus variations in difficulty that does not only affect gold income, experience gain and creep/minion strength; -sc, Super Creeps, -id, Item Drop .. etc

Content is fine, sure, for a game you play through overnight. After 2 months without any new content (and with as little as it is now), I am sure everyone has tried everything and there's nothing they don't know about each of the Demigods or what each item does.

Well, if you got into it right away, you've got previous experience with AoS. I had no trouble getting into it, it's a simple game, a mixture of UT3:Warfare and an AoS. Capture and hold nodes, destroy the enemy base, survive. Though for anyone that has tried nothing like it, there's little help getting into it. Not to mention you can't learn from others because you can't see what items they build f.ex.

Wait wait, fast-paced? Demigod? You got some speed-hack nodging up movement speed, lowering building hitpoints and also ability cooldowns? Demigod is slow motion. Agreeable, DotA has a slow warm-up phase, but seriously, the mid-game and end-game is way more fast-paced than Demigod, even if you lag at Demigod. I never get any action feeling out of Demigod, and I never manage to die unless I do silly things. That might be because all I got is the damn bot, and whatever difficulty level, it's a dumpstruck sheep at playing. The only advantage it has is more gold, more XP.. it's not helping when it can't play and dash of spells at random.

There's a story in Demigod? Pardon me, but I did not know. How do I find it? Is there a document in the game folder? All I see is warfare, random Demigods versus more random Demigods fighting in an arena. There's no more story in Demigod than in UT2K4. DotA has no storyline either, it evolves around an epic battle, with heroes that have stories, and the fight has a purpose, in difference to Demigod. Besides, DotA is not a full game. It's one single map, one scenario. One more scenario than Demigods though.

Level 14
There's a story in Demigod? Pardon me, but I did not know. How do I find it? Is there a document in the game folder? All I see is warfare, random Demigods versus more random Demigods fighting in an arena. There's no more story in Demigod than in UT2K4. DotA has no storyline either, it evolves around an epic battle, with heroes that have stories, and the fight has a purpose, in difference to Demigod. Besides, DotA is not a full game. It's one single map, one scenario. One more scenario than Demigods though.

http://www.demigodthegame.com/mythology/
http://www.demigodthegame.com/origins/

edit: The game is pretty balanced to me.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Well the fact is a single core and a 9800 makes little sense. One is from 2008 and the other is from 2003.

Crysis is graphically demanding, CPU wise not so much except in extreem physic situations, so ofcouse a single core can cope.

Demigod is CPU demanding, and needs a better CPU than GPU to run well. Even at low, the CPU demand is pretty high as it still has to do the engine calculations so ofcourse it runs poorly on a slow processor. First rule of thumb is never compare a RTS game (the engine for demigod is RTS as far as multiple units and movment) to a FPS. FPS do not need near at all that much processing power as there are atmost a dozen units at once having to be moved, while RTS move all units all the time. Thus all in all, I am prety sure a 7800 with a dual core would run the game a lot better with less lag than the 9 series with a single core.

As you can see, your quad core runs the game prefctly with no lag. I am sure the same results would be obtained even with a 9800. Just because it is a modern RTS is not an excuse to say it has steep demands as RTS games will always need a better processor than FPS to run well.

Also, with such a GPU as the one described, you should have been able to run it with high textures with the same FPS as the CPU was capping it.

Anyway, just forrget about it and enjoy your new PC, I have to admit the geforce 200 series is pretty kick ass power wise.

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Alright, I'll compare it with an RTS, the same single core computer runs Red Alert 3 smoothly, with high player and unit amounts. The fall-back there is the RAM. Besides, the CPU is not from 2003, but from summer 2005, it's an AMD which is why the clock is so low.

It has steep demands for such a low unit count, and the kind of game it is. Unless they enable map making, the unit count will never reach high amounts like RTS games in Demigod. The FPS was significantly better with low graphics.

It's not a new PC the one I have either, and the example here is not mine. The Quad Core is more than a year old. Anyhow, yeah the 200-series are great, just they're damn expensive compared to other cards, namely the Radeon HD 4870X2 which was at the time near half the price of the GTX280.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think you under estimate how much game design has changed over years.
Before games were designed for single core support with optional multi core functionality, now it is the opposite.

The whole problem with single cores is the time splicing that they under go to allow more than one thread to run at a time (well appear to run, as physically only one thread can be run at a time). Although this does enable them to run games even targeted for multi cores (as long as the instruction set is supported), it results in uneven time distribution. Syncronization probably results in lost time as well and low FPS might occur due to sporadic bursts or poor thread piroity. This does not count the fact that about 2% of the CPU time can be hogged by background apps as well which need an even share of time. Old games were designed to be prety much single threaded which meant the CPU was eithor working on processing the game in a linear way, or it was doing background stuff. Later they added some threading capability for physics in games like TES oblivion, but those were scalable to accomidate single cores as they were an excess task.

Nowdays, for efficency, the game engines are muti threading. This means that inorder for the game to advance, multiple threads have to be executed to a certain extent. Single cores can not cope well with that as the kernal probably overloads and you start to get wasted time. Multi core CPUs automatically have an advantage as they are designed to handle threads better, so you probably find they syncronize and stuff much better. Also as you have atleast 2 threads running at once, statistically atleast one of them will always be working on the game, thus even if they are slower when standing alone, the game will progress at a constant rate. At times atleast 2 threads of the game will run so it will progress faster with it and probably suffer less from syncronization between the threads. With even more processors there is even less time splicing and more parts of the game advance at once, resulting in a better flow.

In the end, single cores do not cut it for games comming out in this day and age. Yes you could argue that it is poor optimization that a single core can not run the game, but people with single cores are decreasing in number. All gaming or home target PCs sold in the last 2-3 years have 2 cores or more, thus there is no point anymore of designing games to work well on single cores. All next gen consols (not wii) have man cores, and the 360 even has hyper threading, so all new gamer designers are learning how to use them. Also you would probably find that the lag is reduced if your single core CPU had hyper threading, as already that reduces time splicing quite a bit and so you would find the CPU suffers for less wasted time as well as probably could handle the game more efficently.

Well, the major argument if you ask me is the false or misleaing minimum requirements for the game. I mean these were even worse than the ones EA provides for crying out loud. 2.4 GhZ processor... yes but what kind.... You pointed out that an AMD (more efficent per cycle) single core with higher clock than the minimul lags to near unplayability, let alone an old P4 from intel. Also I have a 2.4 GHZ I7, does that mean I barly fit the minimum requirements? As for the recommended, they say someting like 3.0 GHz (reccomend multi thread capability). Are they saying that you need a 3.0 GHz multi core CPU to play the game or any multi core CPU runs the game well and you need a 3.0GHz single to run it well? Honestly whoever made those was computer ignorant and did not have any consideration for people with no idea about PCs. They should have listed the CPU types from both AMD and intel which fitted each bracket, as I am sure some poor person has tried to run it on a (god help him) 2.4 GHz P4, if it lags on the processor you described, it would be far from playable for him, although it meets the minimum requirements.

They really should list the minimum requirements to play the game decently. EG the requirements needed to get a 30 FPS average at low settings (no stuttering or sporadic rendering).

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Aye, I'm well aware that games are not made for single core processors anymore, but point of the matter is that Demigod is much worse than other new games in the same genre. And unless Stardock mainly wants the hardcore players, they should've implemented a better support for 2 year old computers. It's not needed in Demigod to utilize the most advanced technology, because it is such a simple engine (at least it looks that way, there's no physics apparantly, 'cause knockback f.ex. looks to be a constant arc for everyone within AoE and not proportional).

Red Alert 3 is one of the newest RTS' and that runs smooth on high settings with the example single core rig, but mayhap EA is still holding on to single core support in order to haul more customers. Red Alert 3 operates and looks more appealing than Demigod too.

Minimum and recommended requirements are never correct anyhow. :p

Level 2
I've got to say when I first saw Demigod I was interested in it, simply because it had an AoS style (something borne out of a Wc3 player's mind) and I love AoS's. When I got on Demigod's website and read that Demigod was supposedly based off of DotA, I decided to never touch the subject again; however, it would seem I was drawn to this thread anyway :bored:. Well in any case this thread has changed my mind, perhaps if I had the money I'd get it. But I don't :hohum:

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Aye, it's AoS, it's very WarCraft-y, but it's far from DotA. So if the resemblance with DotA is what's keeping you away I'll say as much that there's nothing else than the AoS part that is alike. Demigod is as much like DotA as any other AoS. None of the key elements of DotA is found in Demigod. If noone had said anything about it trying to be like DotA, I wouldn't have noticed.

Level 15
Aye, it's AoS, it's very WarCraft-y, but it's far from DotA. So if the resemblance with DotA is what's keeping you away I'll say as much that there's nothing else than the AoS part that is alike. Demigod is as much like DotA as any other AoS. None of the key elements of DotA is found in Demigod. If noone had said anything about it trying to be like DotA, I wouldn't have noticed.
Who cares if it does or doesn't resemble DotA? In essence, it's the same, but that's because their both AoS. Unlike DotA, however, Demigod doesn't suck, is balanced, and is fun. Thank GOD for it not being a DotA clone!

Deleted member 157129

D

Deleted member 157129

Demigod is not balanced, they have not had the time to even tweak the balance. Examplewise, Lv20 is utterly out of balance. Demigod might be fun if you got time, and like taking it slow with some trips at the toilet in-between without it making any difference.

I'm glad there actually is a DotA clone as well, Heroes of Newerth, and a gameplay clone, content original, League of Legends. 'cause, as I've said countless times already, I prefer competitive games, Demigod is not competitive, and Demigod is slow-paced and long-drawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.