• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Default Skin Poll

How would you like the Hive to look like?

• WC3 section in NE style, SC2 section in Terran style

Votes: 61 68.5%
  • Terran style only

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • NE style only

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 34
New default skin

As you all noticed, Hive has new skin. Actually skin from Star Craft section.
The default board skin has been set to Terran.
Anyway, you can change the forum skin by scrolling down. Just below the affiliates is a tab. To the left of that tab, you can change the skin. The one we used was Night Elf.

Last edited:
Level 25
No shit, Sherlock.

Very mature post.

That might not be common knowledge for everyone.
I think it is good that you made a Thread like this Master. Many users might be confused right now. (I myself forgot how to change the theme so it helped me at least :cgrin:)
A news update by the mods might have been good as well.

Level 34
Shouldn't be -> Hive has new skin

Ah thanks, fixed that!

Anyway, you should go to your control panel options (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/profile.php?do=editoptions) and set default theme there because changing it as MasterHaosis showed you won't change it permanently!
Well, I just wrote what Rui said in chat about it, did not test it at all!

Very mature post.
Yeah, true that!

That might not be common knowledge for everyone.
True that too!

I think it is good that you made a Thread like this Master. Many users might be confused right now. (I myself forgot how to change the theme so it helped me at least :cgrin:)
A news update by the mods might have been good as well.
And true that too, for third time! :cgrin:
third time I agree with you +rep

Level 12
189253-albums4121-picture38814.jpg

I don't get it...
Whats the use of this thread? O_O

Level 7
Ugh, this new theme is terrible. There's a reason why I like Warcraft 3 better than Starcraft games.

Level 1
Ugh, this new theme is terrible. There's a reason why I like Warcraft 3 better than Starcraft games.

Agreed 100% . In fact, all this theme does is attempt to "bring out the X-mas feeling" to Hive members with its blueish / teal colors...

Level 18
Be it a WarCraft site, I personally don't think WarCraft has really advanced.. at all.. the past 2-3 years.

Anything that can be done on the World Editor is probably doable on the Galaxy Editor, with much better graphics and stability (not saying I tried it).

I really doubt WarCraft 4 would ever come out, after how much WoW has done. It'd be weird.

Be it a WarCraft site, I personally don't think WarCraft has really advanced.. at all.. the past 2-3 years.

Anything that can be done on the World Editor is probably doable on the Galaxy Editor, with much better graphics and stability (not saying I tried it).

I really doubt WarCraft 4 would ever come out, after how much WoW has done. It'd be weird.

Doesn't change the fact that the Sc2 theme has high levels of eye-rape and loads slower then the wc3 one
And still, It'd help to have more alternatives - though the low-graphics option is a nice touch

Level 13
I don't really mind it, because I can always just change it back to the NE skin. But I must admit, the Terran skin dosn't really look as good.

Level 19
I kind of disapprove with the new skin, it looks futuristic but not really Warcraft III style, I hope it could be changed back to the way it used to be...

Level 9
Starcraft II must have a remote community website and not the hive. THW is becoming unruly since it supports two popular games. Users of THW now don't know what category do they belong.

Level 19
Can't we at least change it back to normal please? Allowing players to change the theme to Starcraft II should be an individual choice, this theme is more eye-pleasant than the other lol...

God, what's with all the hate about the terran theme that has become the default one?
Ralle's trying to show new users that the hive is also a sc2 modding site and before the changes, not a lot of people knew that.
With the terran theme, it's more obvious for people to see this.
If you don't like the theme, just change it to the old one, no need to start a thread to vote for the best default theme.

Level 19
Well, we should at least leave it the way it was before for people who like light-colored themes, or we could just make it temporary, like, to show people the new skin and how it looks, then change it back to normal afterwards while giving them the option to set it to the new skin then.

Level 9
Yeah.We are warcraft 3 first,and if people cant tell sc2 modding also is done here then they should learn to read.
NE theme feels weird in sc2 section and vice versa.

Level 27
Personally i think that it is a good idea to spread the word of the new Sc2 Forum as much as possible, as it is a big and growing part of THW.
I do though think it's being done in the wrong way.

The Wc3 forums should have the Wc3 theme, and the Sc2 forums should have the Sc2 theme.
It should be up to the users to change that, if they want to.

It is, no offence, slightly silly to use a theme change to make people aware of the new forums when we have this big and flashy Notice Board at the top of the site that we are currently using to announce contests.
Put up some notices there every one in a while and people will surely notice the Sc2 forums if they have not already.
Maybe make them in another text color so that they differ from the contest announcements.

And if the theme change is in fact not an attempt to direct people's attention to the Sc2 forums, then i once again have to say 'no offence' as i think that changing THW's theme without any major reason is also slightly silly.
A public poll or maybe some warnings would at least have been nice. ;)

Also i greatly disagree with this post:
Starcraft II must have a remote community website and not the hive. THW is becoming unruly since it supports two popular games. Users of THW now don't know what category do they belong.
I wont go in-depth on this one, but personally i'm happy that the hive offers both Wc3 and Sc2 forums.

Level 19
Agreed. I vote for that, and since the Warcraft III Forums are what comes out whenever you click on 'Forums', it should have a Warcraft III default forum skin.

Level 16
Moin moin =)

I think the hiveworkshop can be a side of both games at all, but then on 2 different sides you know. I don't like it how it is now, that when I click on "forums", I have warcraft 3 AND Starcraft 2, because I'm not interested in SC2 at all.
I don't know if something like this is possible but change the upper header (where now is News | Chat | Pastebin | Donations | Maps | Icons ..) into something like, that you make one general line there (for rules, news and so on) and then under this a second line fir wc3 and sc2

bpdc8fd5z3ic5nhgl.jpg

Now everyone can choose what game they want and now if someone click for example on warcraft 3, he see the warcraft 3 forum and the header change like this:

bpdccrh83jp6f9lph.gif

Same then if someone click on Starcraft 2. Of course you can use other colors, but I thought of a color for general things, warcraft 3 and starcraft 2. Also then each of those 2 sides can have there own skin and style then and of course, if someone click warcraft 3 he ONLY see warcraft 3 stuff (same for starcraft 2)
Don't know if you would like something like that, but I don't agree with the situation now, that wc3 and sc2 are mixed together like this.

Anyway I didn't like the new theme too ... I changed it immediately back!!

Greetings and Peace
Dr. Boom

Level 27
Well i get that he'd want more Sc2 Activity, but i have a feeling that annoying the Wc3 users isnt the way to go.
Once again, no offence.

I know that it is easily changable, but for me who uses the site for Wc3 primarily it feels kind of like a kick in the balls that the default theme is set to Sc2.
And i KNOW that that is silly, but... That's just the way it feels.
THW has been a huge Wc3 community for quite some time, and it saddens me that it is moving away from that in this particular way.
I KNOW that there will still be Wc3 and i KNOW that having Sc2 forums is a great addition to the site, it just feels like a hostile takeover.

I just dont get why we would need to have the Terran theme as default in the Wc3 forums. It was default in the Sc2 forums, that i get, but... The Wc3 forums? Mreargh...

Sorry, i'l stop whining now.

Level 12
Well i get that he'd want more Sc2 Activity, but i have a feeling that annoying the Wc3 users isnt the way to go.
Once again, no offence.

I know that it is easily changable, but for me who uses the site for Wc3 primarily it feels kind of like a kick in the balls that the default theme is set to Sc2.
And i KNOW that that is silly, but... That's just the way it feels.
THW has been a huge Wc3 community for quite some time, and it saddens me that it is moving away from that in this particular way.
I KNOW that there will still be Wc3 and i KNOW that having Sc2 forums is a great addition to the site, it just feels like a hostile takeover.

I just dont get why we would need to have the Terran theme as default in the Wc3 forums. It was default in the Sc2 forums, that i get, but... The Wc3 forums? Mreargh...

Sorry, i'l stop whining now.

Hmmm.. Let's hope peon faces don't change to scv faces.

Status
Not open for further replies.