• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

skin upload rework of making it moderated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Skins and icons don't have any information to extract, automatization becomes a bad idea, icons work very well now in icon packs, but skins have a trouble.

The fact that the model skins section exists is a proof of that.

You can upload a single texture file, but what if the model has 2 or more textures? it forces you to upload it as a model, taking out one extra year of my life expectatives, when I get mad about it and post:

This is a model not a skin!.

So we need a change!

Either make the skin upload moderated so a moderator has to approve an uploaded zip or:

- Let Darky make an incredible system that will rule the world of wc3 skin sharing!

let's say I am a guy that wants to upload a skin for the demon hunter, I go to add update resources

then to skins
then I say new skin

The script asks me to choose a model from the mpq or the models sections to upload the skin for.

Then the script uses its database to extract the skin paths that model uses, then it asks you to upload 1 or more of those spells, then it will make a zip with the skins, and it will even say the path you have to upload them.

Status
Not open for further replies.