• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Uploading Reforged Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey I've been having a bit of problem when it comes to uploading .dds files required for my Reforged models.

It flags up the two required skins as mandatory which is fine but it says they're .tif even after I changed the texture path in RMS to .dds.

I'm not quite sure how I'm supposed to upload the skins for the model. I could convert them from .dds to .tif but I'd rather not do that as I don't know whether it would work or not or what settings to use.

Any suggestions for how to upload these?

EDIT: I've found a solution converting the model to mdl and changing its texture paths from there works then converting back to mdx. Strange that it doesn't work inside Retera's model studio.

Last edited:
I believe the system will let you upload either dds or tif for any texture.

It would if it matched the name of the mandatory texture in this case it would only accept a file named "BrigitteAbbendisMainDiffuse.tif" and it wouldn't recognise "BrigitteAbbendisMainDiffuse.dds".

Like I said the solution was to convert the model to mdl change the texture path to end in '.dds' in notepad then convert it back. Trying to change the texture path in RMS through the Edit Textures Tool wouldn't work for whatever reason. I should probably let Retera know.

Okay. So it does not work for custom texture paths? I will add that to my coding todo.

I think the issue is its expecting a file matching the exact file path which will usually be .tif if its a model made in RMS. If you make it accept the file path name with either .tif or .dds that should probably fix it i think.

Status
Not open for further replies.