• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Default Skin Poll

How would you like the Hive to look like?

• WC3 section in NE style, SC2 section in Terran style

Votes: 61 68.5%
  • Terran style only

Votes: 7 7.9%
  • NE style only

Votes: 8 9.0%
  • Something else

Votes: 13 14.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just dont get why we would need to have the Terran theme as default in the Wc3 forums. It was default in the Sc2 forums, that i get, but... The Wc3 forums? Mreargh...

Well actually it's kinda nice now as it allows you to keep the Wc3 theme in the Sc2 sections, instead of forcing you to switch to Sc2 in the Sc2 forums.

Level 19
But can't we at least have the Warcraft III theme as default in the Warcraft III sections? Flashy metal pictures do not fit with anything... At all, while the pictures in the Night Elf theme fits perfectly.

Level 30
I found an error with Terran skin:
attachment.php

Attachments

• error.JPG
    error.JPG
    96.4 KB · Views: 135
Level 19
I really hope it can be changed quickly, because I've been trying to introduce Hive to my friends and when they saw the skins they thought it was just another random Warcraft III forum (Without eye candy), and weren't interested.

Level 19
We should make a poll for users to decide on the skin, that way we'll know what fits the community best.

PS: @Apheraz Lucent: Exception of what?

1. The hell is Warcraft sections filled with futuristic crap?
2. Guests are FORCED to use Starcraft II sections.
3. I don't have Starcraft II, and dunno if I even will buy it!
4. "Moving more towards SC2" Does this mean I should be afraid, and ready to get the hell out of THW?
5. Low Graphics need more Low Graphics.
6. A Mobile Version of THW. *no_face*
7. *Screams*

Oh look same bug with Night Elf skin :sad:
Please just fix your screen resolution!

When will you people stop pls, Terrain skin was here over half year maybe more and it wasn't such big deal :sad:

All you need to do is to change forum default skin to Night Elf if you like that one more, and problem is solved!

WC3 is dying, no more patches (exploit bug can prove that, it was discovered few months ago and still nothing), no more new maps (only dota create new players, or should I say 99% of them)

SC2 make money, Galaxy Editor is epic and really powerful tool, in next 5 years wc3 will be gone and SC2 community will replace this one!

Ralle started to prepare this site for new generations, 50% of us will leave this site and gaming in next few years and that will be it. As soon as you understand this, that's better!

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    109.6 KB · Views: 66
Level 12
Agreed with all of those numbers, GET RID OF SC2!

-_-, i don't think that will be good.

We need to have peace. Cm'on, what if the director of blizzard saw these posts?
He will much probably say,"Ralle, I selected this forums to be a sc2 forums as well and all your members are REBELLING?
I AM DISAPPOINT.
"
What if blizzard remove this forums from wc3 and sc2 as well?

If you think the director of blizzard would come, nvm, theres still another valid reason.

Other players who only plays sc2 joins the modding site and saw all these posts, what do you think they will do?

So I think we just have to play along it, its not like we can't change the skin.
(No offense though, the night elf theme looks more peaceful while terran theme looks robotic.)

Level 19
I just hope that the default would be changed to the Warcraft III one, so more new members would be able to come without seeing a dark background which isn't eye-friendly.

Level 27
Guys, as much as i hate the fact that the Default theme even in the Wc3 forums is now Terran i have to say that this is getting silly.

How about we all just shut up and save our denial for the off chance that Ralle actually removes or changes something vital to the Wc3 community?

No matter how much we love it IT IS JUST A SITE THEME.
Ralle is NOT trying to personally hurt us in any way as he is NOT an idiot.
He may, in the eyes of all the Terran Theme-Haters, be doing something that could be done with less raging if it was done in other ways.
But HECK. Let's get over it.

Let's have a mod lock this?
It isnt like our opinion hasnt gone through to Ralle by now, whether he chooses to change his previous decisions or not.

Level 35
Holy shit people! 6 pages already! Well, thread must be good because I opened it :cgrin:
Even Ralle posted here!
And nobody will close this thread. Whoever doesn't like thread, then do not post here, ignore it.
But talking here all time, and requesting to be closed just because few of people are not capable of constructive ,,arguing" with others, then its not my problem.
Anyway, I do not see here any rule breaking, any spam or such, you guys above talk nicely here, you do not insult each other, so I do not see problem. Well, logically, thats why conversations in threads exist, you cannot agree with each other. You have different opinions, thats fine and should be like that, until its still on good manner!

Level 27
@GhostThruster
While i kindof agree with you, and rofl'd at your post, You cant really blame Ralle for wanting to adapt hive more to Sc2.
I mean, it makes sense if you look at it from a long-term survival perspective.

@MasterHaosis
Heh, true.
I just dont think that it will stay as civilised as it currently is.

@Foxy
Yes, i think that'd be cool too.
But if Ralle isnt planning to re-consider then we just have to live with what we've got.
The hive is still the hive, be it green, blue or yellow.

Level 35
Miss_Foxy, man/girl you rock! You and few others are influenced in my thread and posting like crazy here! I should create many threads then, hehehe
Miss_Foxy, well, poll is not being created because Ralle decides already.
However, I am for poll, just to see how many people likes/dislikes and are neutral about theme!
As you know, I am neutral, I like 50%-50% new-old, so its not matter for me. I cannot say I dislike or hate it, but also cannot say that I am impressed with theme too.
Maybe Ralle will come here and talk to you in this thread about what are his plans about his theme. Cause many of people dislike it, maybe he will change something.

Level 19
Well, if we choose a default theme that everyone wants, maybe it'll encourage more members on The Hive, since that's the first theme they'll see whenever they log on.

Level 9
Suggestion:
Put a 'splash' screen with two options,wc3 and sc2.Apply NE/Terran themes for them respectively like it was a week ago.

Level 19
Or just make it the way it was before, WC3 lovers would prefer the Night Elven one while players who like SC2 (Who would most of the time be in the Starcraft II forums) will get to see them in their own forums.

Level 17
It doesn't matter, you can just go to your options and change the skin to what you like.

And if you really give a damn how the site looks you CLEARLY spend too much time on the website, go do something productive.

Level 19
Warcraft III for Warcraft Sections, while Starcraft II for Starcraft Sections, this way it's balanced and more fair.

Status
Not open for further replies.