• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Dark Kael W.I.P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
Concept Art
File0001.jpg

Dark Kael
3 Orbs floating around him=Black with green flame?
Hair= Silver? blonde?
Eyes=Glowing Green, Glowing white, Glowing Dark?
Cape= Black?
Leg Armor= Same color maybe black instead of red?
Chest Armor= grey metal-like?
Sword= Blue? with Green and black flames?

Skin So Far
DarkKaelF.jpg

Dark Kael Rendered in Magos (Color V 1.0)
DarkKaelRedArmor1.jpg
DarkKaelRedArmor2.jpg

DarkKaelRedArmor3.jpg

Last edited:
Level 6
Sephiroth_VII, Your work is good, a little rough on the edges, but everything seems to be proportionate.

Something I noticed was that it's a little messy. Perhaps you were going for a more original feel with the drawing, but you can also use Paint or even expensive programs to touch and remove unwanted scratches or pencil marks.

Promise me you'll keep updating this, fixing these minute details. It'd be interesting to one day see the final piece.

Level 8
Dark Kael should be something like.... your sig, lots of black with red highlights, then with some more... dusty steel for the armor, that would be nice.

Level 15
No I do not need a skinner for this. I need help tho..I've never done this before. Anyway Uploaded new stuff. I think the skin looks good, and i even made his eye glow light blueish by adding alpha and cutting hole in eye socket and overlapping face over crystal thingy. But problem now is it won't fit on a 256x256 and 512x512 is to big!

Level 21
Actually it's not. It's quite hard to draw with a pencil on paper without making streaks all over the paper because you constantly rush over your paper with your left hand.

That's one of the worst UVmaps I've seen by the way, it doesn't even use 50% of the space :s. Judging by the materials you're using, you might want to use ingame textures. the sword looks like Frostmourne, the armor looks like a blood elven armor, the runes are litterally the wc3 ones, etc.

Level 15
Updated first post with the Model Screenies. Still have to change skin a bit and then Unwrap it on the model.

Some of the things from my original concept art were done differently in the model. I decided not to cover up his mouth with the cloak(or cape whatever you want to call it) The Sword in the model is much fatter too, but I think it looks better than the original concept.

Constructive Critisism?

Level 15
Yes it is Gmax but I Imported the Kael model into it and then did my changes. The Big problem with Gmax is you can't import somthing and have all the animations working. I don't know if theres a program out there that can do this for Gmax, at least not that im aware of. So I DLed Milkshape because its supposed to be good at animating.

Animating this will be very hard since the only thing I ever animated was a box with a screwd up death animation. So if anyone wants to do it, PLZ be my guest and PM me.

For his death animation I'd like him to neal down on one knee with both hands on the sword, with the sword sticking straight up and down. Then after that dissapate.

Level 15
Posted 3 Pics of The model, UVW unwraped using skin color V1.0. I'll alter the colors and probably have about 4 different ones.
For those of you who are to lazy to go to the first post, Heres a Pic!
DarkKaelScreenshot4.jpg

I made the Sword Smaller and thinner. Because before it didn't look like he was capable of carrying the massive sword.

If you Find anything you dislike at all Plz tell me! So I can fix it. Do these colors go well together?^

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

UV on the shoulders and chest are dodgy.

Level 15
UV on the shoulders and chest are dodgy.
Ok I understand that the shoulder pad is too plain but the chest? Can you explain a bit more in depth? The chest armor plate looks fine to me. It just randomly appeared on there when I was doing the UV wrap and I then I said Damn that looks good! So instead of making him have the red chest plate from the Skin I left it that way.:grin:

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

I meant the UV Wrapping itself, for the model. The shoulder textures look extremely stretched and awkward, same goes for the chest.

Level 13
he is going to re-texture the red/blood-elven parts i think.

Oh and yess that shoulder looks like crap.

Also: perhaps you should consider changing hair colour.

Level 15
-----Image removed---------
I can't think of a color that would go good for the glove. Tried to fix shoulder best I could. If I have to redo the whole UV map that would be HORRIBLE. I'm no expert at this. I tested it in game and the orbs where too small so I scaled them up. Also scaled the whole model to a bigger size, because it looked to small in game and changed some colors. Good now?

Last edited:
Level 8
Try a red for the glove, gj on the shoulder... but maybe add a bit more.. design instead of making it all one big peice of metal

Status
Not open for further replies.