• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse of the Blood Elves (MS)

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Curse Of The Blood Elves (MS)

It will be a good replace for the original blood elf campaign
The changes as follows

1. In chapter 5 and 6 you will be able to choose to play as Bloodelf or Naga only
2. Bloodelf and Naga races have their own full Tech Tree and competitive
3. New custom models, skins, icons and music for Both Races
4. Chapter 1 and 2 (Alliance buildings) as the story
5. All chapters are available except "secret level" will open after you solve the puzzle (No change)
6. Archers are able to garrison in scout towers
7. No change in difficulty levels
8. Tome of Retraining item is available
9. Workers Auto repair
10. Human Castle can Fire arrows
11. Human Towers building Time becomes faster
12. Collision size is reduced in a proper way
13. Banish Ability Nerfed
14. Illidan Morphed Voice Replaced with Heroes of the Storm after some changes
15. Chapter 6 (Bounty is on)
16. Chapter 6 Arcane Vault is available
17. Blood elves are able to hire ships for attack and transport in chapter 6

Dragonhawk Rider can fight on the ground or in the air.
Elven Cavalry has scout ability. (Magical shackles is removed to Dragonhawk Rider ground form)
Elven Cavalry is removed from the last mission.
Spell Breaker defense type is changed to unarmored (he has Defend ability)
Spell Breaker (Spell immune need upgrade Arcane protection).
You can Switch Between spell immune and arcane protection 50%. (Spell Breaker and Swordsman)
Other Elven units have Arcane Protection 15% except Arcane Golem 50%. (needs Upgrade)
Arcane Golem can use Overload ability but it reduces hit points over time. (needs upgrade)
Archer Towers Deal more damage than Guard Towers. (use Archer attack researches)
Avenger Ghost Tower bug (Fixed).
Auto repair (Removed).
Sun Well restore health and mana.
Add Mana Regeneration Item (Blood Elves)
Add Arcane Wagon. (mobile Arcane Vault for Blood Elves)
Add further music for Blood Elves.
Orb of Frost Replaced Orb of Venom (Naga)
Mur'gul Reaver (Nerfed).
Couatl (Nerfed).
Naga Dragon (Nerfed).
Some Icons are changed.
Game Data set to Melee latest Patch.
Other Enhancements.

The upgrades costs issue due to change Game Data from Default to latest patch. (Fixed)
Arcane Wagon Deploy. (Enhanced)
Elven Cavalry Attack base. (Increased)

Blood Elf Buildings by SinisterX
Naga Buildings by Ujimasa Hojo

Models:
Blood Elf PhoenixCrusader by https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/general-frank.127492/
Blood Elf Ballista by https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/edge45.229030/
Blood Elf Arcane Guardian by AndrewOverload519
Archer DragonHawk by Hayate
Naga Dragon (Bloody_Turds)
hawkstrider (SinisterX)

Icons:
BTNBreakerDefend by graystuff111
BTNHotWirlwind by zbc
BTNBloodelvenWarrior by https://www.hiveworkshop.com/members/general-frank.127492/
Burning Venom Viper by Darkfang
BTNNagaPredator by 67chrome
BTNnagahound by Pyramidhe@d
BTNNagaTail by Golden-Drake
BTNNagaTail2 by Golden-Drake
BTNSeaSerpent by ~Nightmare
BTNBirdHelmet (NFWar)
BTNSearingArrow (Darkfang)
BTNSpikeBow (The Panda)

Skin & UI:
Blood Elf Archer by 67chrome
Blood Elf Sorceress by 67chrome

HumanUITile-TimeIndicatorFrame.blp by I3lackDeath
HumanUITile-InventoryCover.blp by viiva
NightElfCursor.blp by AlienAtSystem

Music & UI:
Blizzard Entertainment Music
Cavendish Music (Gothic Thunderbolt)
Two Steps From Hell (Archangel)
Two Steps From Hell (United We Stand, Divided We Fall)
Alexandre Desplat (Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Pt.2 - Lily's Theme)

Arcane protection inspired by (tomoraider)
Also, thanks for Blizzard Entertainment

- Author's note -

CAMPAIGN DIFFICULTY Issue:
The difficulty will reset back to the CAMPAIGN DIFFICULTY YOU HAVE SELECTED FOR THE ORIGINAL CAMPAIGNS. Don't forget to select CUSTOM CAMPAIGN DIFFICULTY too

Other Campaigns:

Keywords:
Human , Blood Elf , Naga, Campaign, Misconceptions, A Dark Covenant, The Dungeons of Dalaran, The Crossing, The Dusts of Outland, The Search for Illidan, Illidan's Task, Gates of the Abyss, Lord of Outland, Kil'jaeden's Command
Contents

Curse of the Blood Elves (MS) (Campaign)

Reviews
StoPCampinGn00b
Set to substandard for being a simple edit, rather than original or higher effort work. It is still available for the public to see through the substandard section.
Level 6
Ive finished the first chapter, and noticed a few things. You gave me spell breakers with heavy armor and defend. Since the most units in the map do pierce damage, theyre quite overpowered. Perhaps you can give the mages magic damage, to make things trickyer. Also: the peasants have repair as an active ability, which almost failed me the mission. Pls turn that off. Why are the peasants elves and not humans? Anyway, for the rest i loved it. In the beginning of the second chapter i noticed that human towers had fortified armor and frost wyrms did pierce damage, which makes towers very overpowered. Im not a campaign creator, so im not sure if it wil work, but try setting the map to "melee latest patch". (Scenario > map options > somewhere over there :p). If you fix the bugs, I think this campaign is worth 4/5.

Level 5
Ive finished the first chapter, and noticed a few things. You gave me spell breakers with heavy armor and defend. Since the most units in the map do pierce damage, theyre quite overpowered. Perhaps you can give the mages magic damage, to make things trickyer. Also: the peasants have repair as an active ability, which almost failed me the mission. Pls turn that off. Why are the peasants elves and not humans? Anyway, for the rest i loved it. In the beginning of the second chapter i noticed that human towers had fortified armor and frost wyrms did pierce damage, which makes towers very overpowered. Im not a campaign creator, so im not sure if it wil work, but try setting the map to "melee latest patch". (Scenario > map options > somewhere over there :p). If you fix the bugs, I think this campaign is worth 4/5.

1. the spell breaker is a tire 2 unit he is a warrior and spell caster destroyer by his abilities he is powerful against "magic" and "pierce damage after upgrading defend ability" only
2. the first mission is supposed to be the easiest
3. the auto repair ability isn't a problem you can simply turn it off in the game but it is very helpful in general
4. as the campaign is about the blood elf and lord Garithos demands from kael to repair the observatories and kael replied "we are warriors not ...." it looks good to see blood elf workers
5. the frost wyrms can freeze the towers and make it use less if you have't enough towers. you don't have cannon towers in this mission. the ground attack may destroy your towers
6. human, blood elf and naga uses forified strategy

Level 14
So all in all you gutted the vanilla campaign of default armor type towers to make it easier

Hell why dont you just type in whoisyourdaddy at this point instead of editing the game with your homemade cheats.

This deserves the substandard status

Level 5
So all in all you gutted the vanilla campaign of default armor type towers to make it easier

Hell why dont you just type in whoisyourdaddy at this point instead of editing the game with your homemade cheats.

This deserves the substandard status

I don't understand why you are here if you don't like the campaign it is not for you save your time and don't play it

I doubt that you played it to the end your opinion depends on what the others wrote nothing more in addition to some negative words represent your mental state

Level 14
I don't understand why you are here if you don't like the campaign it is not for you save your time and don't play it

I doubt that you played it to the end your opinion depends on what the others wrote nothing more in addition to some negative words represent your mental state

its more of a quality issue and how you were spamming out shovelware in the campaign section.

Level 4
Great campaign. Well done i really like the improved version. Hey men can you do the orc and night elf campaign pf reign of chaos? But if your going to improve it, i'd like to suggest put new heroes in the campaign like drekthar and shandris.

Level 5
Great campaign. Well done i really like the improved version. Hey men can you do the orc and night elf campaign pf reign of chaos? But if your going to improve it, i'd like to suggest put new heroes in the campaign like drekthar and shandris.

Sorry, I am not sure if I have time, but 85% No.

There is a new update. Check for the latest update "Curse of the blood elves (MS)".

Level 3
This is pretty amazing work.Its a shame you didn't add an extra mission or two and maybe some more extra contents too.The original Blood Elves campaign always felt too short to me.Maybe a mission taking place between the sealing of the gate and the assault of the black citadel or some bonus mission taking place during Blood Elves stay in the Alliance remnants.

Also I always thought they should've added a mission to explore about Garithos and his past in the original FT Alliance Campaign.I read from some sources that he does have legitimate reasons to hate the Blood Elves.His father was a war hero who died fighting in the Quelthalas borders and his family apparently died due to Elven forces pulling back and not helping the humans in his domain which bordered Quelthalas during the attack on the elven kingdom.This caused the Orcs to slaughter all the humans there including his family.A young Garithos survived that tragedy due to fighting in QuelThalas instead.After the war he rapidly climbed the ranks in the military to eventually become a Marshall in the Lordaeron military.His famous hero fathers reputation also greatly contributed to his fast rise.After the fall of Lordaeron he became the grand Marshall by chance and the leader of of the largest Resistance force fighting there.I think Blizzard also missed a chance to explain Garithoes somewhat unreasonable aversion to the Naga despite never encountering them before too.The imprisoned Paladin you saved in the previous night elves campaign.Perhaps his forces were either wiped and/or sacrificed by the Naga in their dark rituals.It fits.Garithos would've heard about this and this would've in turn made his harsh ultimatum about not associating with Naga no matter the situation seem legitimate and sensible.

You could also fix the plot hole about Garithos wanting to Genocide the entire Blood Elves army by clarifying some things.The events during the imprisonment of the Blood Elves were pretty nonsensical considering what we know from WoW.I'm pretty sure a genocide like that would've never flied with the presence of forces like Dalaran Remnants,Dwarves,the numerous Paladins and other Alliance relief forces (Stormwind) affiliated with Garithos.He would've made an enemy out of the entire Alliance like the Scarlet Crusade if actually tried to kill them all.In fact it might had been even worse ramifications for him.There is no way he is that stupid and nonsensical character considering his then achievements so far.It makes more sense if Garithos imprisoned them to punish and humiliate instead of actually planning to execute them all.Now that makes a lot more sense than what was implied in the original campaign.I remember some novel having a quite a bit of details about Garithoses faction.I once had great hope that maybe the Reforged would fix all these lore inconsistencies and add more details to the events of the campaigns since Blizzard had promised to do so initially but instead all we got was a demaster.Anyhow it would've been great if this custom edit had some extra added contents like that since this is the one and only good remaster of the original Blood Elves campaign I could find.

Also regarding the first mission,Misconceptions I think it might have been better if you had kept "the last days of the alliance" human theme music.That music seemed perfectly fitting in that particular mission since during that point you were playing completely as the Alliance remnants rather than the Blood Elves faction.The elf worker is also named peasant,you should probably fix that.

Last edited: