• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Curse of the Blood Elves REVAMP

This bundle is marked as high quality. It exceeds standards and is highly desirable.

Welcome everyone to the next REVAMP Campaign, Curse of the Blood Elves! This campaign features a reworked Blood Elf Campaign featuring 11 playable missions and 4 Interludes. This project includes 3 custom factions; The Blood Elves, Naga and Broken Draenei, all for you to play and enjoy! The campaign features massive amounts of custom models and assets from the HIVE community, thanks to everyone that helped make this possible!​

IMPORTANT - This campaign was made for the latest Offical Patch of the game -> Version 1.32.10 and is intended for CLASSIC GRAPHICS. You do not need to own Reforged to play this but you must have a Legal copy of the game. I cannot help with any issues relating to Reforged Graphics or use on different patches.

Model Credit List ->​

R.A.N.G.I.T., PROXY,Ujimasa Hojo,ILH, Elenai, Kitabatake, Edge45, Em!, Dentothor, Elenai, Zephyrius2412, Direfury, General Frank, 67chrome, Galendor an'Kreil, gookywooky, Hawkwing, Hellx-Magnus, darkdeathknight, NelsonLaJe, Sin'dorei300, Uncle Fester, Cavman, San, Kuhneghetz, AndrewOverload519, Tarrasque, PrinceYaser,Unknown102, Null, JesusHipster, Vinz,CeDiL, Spinel, Red XIII, Champara Bros, izaiphovias, Retera, Sellenisko , xXMephistoXx, frostwhisper, johnwar, Kuhneghetz, assasin_lord ,
Misha, sethdrake150, Stefan.K, DeuceGorgon, protivogaznik, Mister_Haudrauf, Chucky, Bloody_Turds, -Grendel , GhostThruster, Lord_T, Tenebrae, Epimetheus, Snirou, takakenji, Darkfang, komarovba, Deolrin, FrIkY, Michael Peppers. If I missed you please let me know so I can add you!

If you want to support these projects be sure to check out my Youtube channel or join my newly created Discord.

224212-ba873ab5b46ff06c829d27911a17ace3.png

224211-bd26f5f84ce13411bc7fa727f80a3476.png
224213-6af2a687c7330119da05cad7ad3ad333.png
224209-cb965f114a1dc84e9821277aeb07e589.png
Previews
Contents

Blood Elf Revamp 01 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 02 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 03 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 04 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 05 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 05 Interlude (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 06 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 06 Interlude (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 07 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 08 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 09 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 10 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp 11 (Map)

Blood Elf Revamp Finale (Map)

Level 2
Hey, just got back after playing all on Brutal as Belfs, I'm doing it again, but with some differences:

• I'm going full Desperate Measures;
  • At Chapter 6, I went Naga for Belf Research that they have(and they are also easier to play around).
  • When I went to check on Chapter 7, this time the Orcs where allied to me, and the game also recognized that I researched Desperate Measures only to 2.
  • Accept the Dark Gifts on Chapter 7 gives the player +30 damage, not 10.

Chapter 6 seems a little bugged, will list things that I saw happening(this is on 1.33, I can't go back to 1.32 sadly, don't know how :<)

• As Blood Elfs it seems that our allied races do not upgrade to 3/3, but both at least upgrade their Casters Masterys.
  • As Naga, the Blood Elfs fully upgrade their units, but the Draenei don't(didn't go look at caster, so my bad).
  • Pink base seemed more active as Blood Elfs. As Naga, they just went afk.
  • As Naga, Sedina just afk with a bunch of units the whole game.
  • I also see that we are kinda getting to check on a next upgrade to our heros on Blood Sanctum, but we can't actually get them. Would be pretty neat to go as Demon Hunters against the Wardens. There is also a Demon Hunter on their ranks, which is kinda strange. I know that Demon Hunters before rescuing the one true Demon Hunter is kinda strange, but would be pretty neat.

Another one that I got was at Chapter 8, when you use your Q ability as Thespia, it hurts your allies(but don't make them go hostile).

Edit - At Chapter 10, If you just let the timer run out, even if Illidan dies or you kill him, even when the bases get destroyed, you still win(don't know if your base needs to be alive also, didn't test that).

--

Will talk about items: I kinda feel that there could be some new pick ups worth keeping:
- The Archmage quest drops are kinda nice, but I didn't keep any of them. Stacking Circlets at Mission 2 seems to be the best Imo(or stackable consumables on Belfs).

WindSpark, the first staff that we get from the dungeon, could give the player Gathering Storm as an active spell. Also, +3 Int instead of +100 Mana.
Staff of Flowing Water could have a nice active: Summons 2 Elementals. Since its a +4 Agi +4Int, I kept it, but it would be a nice touch.
Archus, Greatstaff of Antonidas could be +6 Int and 25% Mana Regen. It's nice to have an active stun, but idk, ended up just not using it alot.
DustShaper could just be Lv1 Devotion aura instead of an active. It could also increase Life Regen. by 2 and armor by 2 for the user.

--

About Desperate Measures - 1 and 2 feels the best, since it does not take anything from you. Desperate Measures(3) is kinda of a trade: Give away your Priest healing, but get Mini Infernals, and they also serve as an AOE stun. If you only go here, you will still have Paladins as a way of sustaining your army health(tho not as good as Priests), but once you go Desperate Measures(4), you lose all your health sustain for an T3 Expensive Swordsman/Archer. Chaos damage may be good, but that does not change the fact that you go all the way upgrading into this, just to lose your entire health sustain. Having no shops also kinda hurts this even more. Infernal spam may be fun, but you still have to pay a high price for it Imo. Demon hunters are kinda on the same boat.

For Demon Hunters, maybe increase the Mana Pool by alot, since they are kinda addicts to Fel/Magic, and empower themselfs from it, and make them also benefit from Phoenix Guard upgrade(at least when not transformed). With a big mana pool, what they could do is: Every time you are in combat with creatures corrupt by the Fel, your attacks will give you +2 Health and +5 Mana. When you transform, you lose this passive, and if you are Energized, every attack against creatures consumed by the Fel will drain 3 Mana from your pool, but you will do more damage against them(don't know how much this could be tho). You won't be able to Regen any mana when transformed by any means, it will be locked at a value, and only when you go back to your melee form, you get to regen it.

That's just my feedback tho. I'm kinda liking your campaings, gave a little peek on your other works, and will play them after playing this yet again, but as Naga.

Edit: I just noticed that researching Highborne Arcanism on Chapter 6 while using naga, even tho it says that it is permanent, shows up on chapter 8 again.

So well, at the last chapter, if you go full Desperate, you lose Sedina, Paladins and your army sustain. When the values get fixed, Desperate Measures seems a little bit bad atm.

Will add at the end here that it's not that you can't beat the maps as Belfs, it's just they seem to have way less options to go, compared to Naga, and again, I know they should be weakened lore wise, but maybe little changes would be nice.

Last edited:
Level 4
Hi, I just played through the campaign on brutal difficulty and had a blast!
Just wanted to give my feedback.

Blood Elves

• In general playing blood elves felt really immersive in the early missions, however I think the power level did not seem to increase as much as it should over the course of the campaign especially once you enter outland. The desperate measures upgrade 1 and 2 felt good but once you go further it seems to weaken the army rather then improving it. Maybe that was just the way I felt from my playstyle since I always had priests in my army and the removal of the heal ability felt really awkward so I didnt want to research stage 3 and 4 further into the campaign.

• It would be kind of cool to get a reward or alternative upgrades if you refuse to take the desperate measures at all once you get into the later missions.

• The upgrade that empowers the energized state kind of kills all your workers if you dont have access to the priests heal ability anymore.

• The Heroes felt a bit weak and also a bit boring. The activatable spheres of Kael are a cool idea but I personally missed the banish spell from Kael since it allowed for cool ability interaction, also it would be cool if Kael could use Mana drain on all friendly units to transfer mana. I think currently he can only activate the golems with it. Lanathel felt like a weaker version of a Paladin to me and Sedinas abilities did not synergize well together imo.
    My suggestion would be to give Kael back his banish and Phoenix spells and give Sedina an arrow based version of Greater Firebolt and the multishot.

Naga

• In comparison to the BEs the Naga felt too strong overall imo though. I think I completed all missions with the Naga just using Myrmidons and some archers. Also the Heroes that the Nagas have are really powerful. This could probably be fixed by limiting the amount of Myrmidons you can recruit. Maybe this limit could be increased by an upgrade that the player gets later on.

• Except for the first mission I never used any of the murloc units. (Limiting amount of myrmidons could also fix this)

Draenei

• The Draenei felt awesome to play but also seemed a bit too powerful once you have enough units that constantly bash your enemies

• Since this faction seems to only have 2 heroes available it could be cool to add Gorefiend or the rescuable Draenei as a third playable hero.

I might write a more detailed review of the missions later on but overall I think the design of the mechanics felt really innovative and unique from mission to mission and I had a lot of fun figuring out how to beat every level and just wished that the missions and campaign were even longer.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hi Karl here
I played all the campaings and they are awesome...
every campaing brings new staff...
Orc- Can change units and having upgrades
Undead- Have upgrades and you can change them
and now Blood elves well... they dont have anything... I am little sad that it only had 1 pernament upgrade for Blood Elves and Naga
but its still okay I think... better then the original
And I find a BIG problem I had
Upgrade in Blood Elf tech tree, there is a upgrade when you have more Mana you give MORE DMG.. but you lose HP overtime... and when I have it all my workes on the Gold mine died, so please fix it or do something else like
More mana= More DMG
0- or less mana= MORE less DMG
Thank you if you find this comment here.. or anybody who readed this...
Edit: If I can add... when I complated some missions I saw that something droped a Item BUT I dont have time to get that item... I liked to get like 20s before ending the mission or something that I have time to get the item, In mission 3 for exemple... I kill the boss and it droped item and I cant get the item

Last edited:
Level 5
OOOHOHOHO ty Sevenblood (now will u marry me pls thx :D)

Anyways, just finished, honestly had a blast. I think out of all the revamps I enjoyed Path the most, but they are all 8/10 at least imo.

Visuals: I can't leave out the level design effort, the vibes of the missions - they are different and very well reflect the mood which gives a breath of fresh air to the whole thing.

Balance: I played on brutal, mostly as blood elves, and I didn't take Desperate Measures till I faced the last boss (just to check what that was). I would say the Balance is pretty good. The only thing: I expected the whole mana mechanic to be annoying and ngl it was a bit. I didn't know how many wagons I needed (suppose 1), I didn't like managing the potions etc. Usually I just had been neglecting these things cuz sometimes you don't even have time - pre-last mission is very intense for example. I also have found magisters absolutely useless / annoying as a unit too, mostly played paladins + cavalry + priests + mech.

Missions:

1) Misconceptions - okay for an intro, whatever, not much to say, I liked it, but it was very easy.

2) From the Depths - Loved it A LOT. Just the vibe, colors, creeping and the idea, was a pleasure to play.

3) A Dark Covenant - idk it felt okay but I think it was too easy, not much to say (played as elves).

4) Dungeons - that was the mission I didn't like, the original imo was way better. Equiping people was annoying, gates were very annoying, so pretty much that one irritated me :) it was okay but after it I felt like "ye that one was strange", plus the golem got stuck despite having full mana (a bug).

5) The Crossing - this one was amazing. 1. You have cavalry. 2. You have lots of bases to destroy and places to find items. I liked how when u come to the main Alliance base Kael says it's suicide and then there's pretty much nobody there. All in all loved the mission, but I have found 2 bugs: 1) Kael suddenly have lost the ability to channel his mana into some1 through his E ability. That persisted for the rest of the campaign. 2) In some missions assassins didn't have the ramping damage buff (played as elves).

6) The Search for Illidan - One of the weaker ones imo but still okay. What I didn't like is instant victory when you kill their main building and you get 2 artifacts with no time to pick them up. I had to replay and still didn't manage to get the 2nd one despite picking it up (played as Naga).

7) A Shattered World - loved it. I had to restart it for a couple of times and also I didn't get it how portals worked at first. Loved the mission.

8) Dark Waters - I grow to love naga's missions, they are so colorful and cool, I enjoyed it A Lot. I think may be one of the best ones. Killed everyone on the map etc :D Also love how well balanced it was. Ye but the 4 fountains like... what did they do again? :D

9) Death at the Door - Loved it. Teron Gore, Illidan, 3 relics and all - just 10/10.

10) Blood, Scale & Ash - Okay so thaaaat one I have found to be the most intense and it finally gave me some challenge, I had to restart and not once managed to do all the quests and get some items. I wish I could use -iseedeadpeople cheatcode to not miss a thing :D

11) Lord of Outland - Very cool but that one felt a bit too easy. Allies pretty much have helped a lot, so idk, anyway I wonder what was the side quest - I have never gotten it. Actually compared to the original I can say that the last boss Big M was much harder in original version hm.
Please let me know what the lst quest was or I won't be able to sleep well ty.

All in all 9/10 from me. One mission I didn't like. Couple little bugs. Some missions that are just okay whatever. Some units I didn't appreciate (magisters - tho they might have been planned as a early game units). Also the naga tech tree - slow big naga + having the units present to make an upgrade + the sacrifices and all idk annoying. Heroes were great, esp the mage. Naga missions were amazing.
Now gonna go try draener and naga last mission with full Nyalotha upgrades.

What was the last side quest?
P.S. I'm very greatful that I have found Hive and amazing creators here, Arkain and These Revamps are my favourites. Can't wait for the next ones :D Now let me see the comments here. Btw it's a shame that Reforge is still broken I couldn't load properly but the worst was that when you load you suddenly have 2 music tracks playing 50% of the time, and have to restart the game to stop it.

Also would've loved some more intereting items, tho I picked up many idk :D

Cheers, - Alex

Level 5
Add:

I went through the comments here and let me comment on heroes:
Kael. I think he's just great. I was sceptical of the ultimate at first, but actually it's VERY usefull. his new 2nd is great too but I had to move him closer cuz of range - that's I didn't like much. Felt 8/10

Paladin - Great hero. I like the fact that she didn't have much mana, and I couldn't sustain her with Kael's E (may be that's intended). Loved the hero and I have found it to be very well balanced and not OP (oly light is kinda of OP imo in general). Felt 7/10

Legolas in a dress - honestly I rarely have used Q. 2nd and Ultimate are amazing, images are okay and helpful. Felt 6/10

Naga heroes

I think they all are great esp the mage. Minus Tornado

Wash 8/10
Mage 10/10
Melee 8/10

Draeney

I haven't seen the 2nd hero yet but Akama is great 9/10

Add:
Desp measured. Ye I didn't play with it yet long-term, but it seems like Paladin + priests no measures are doing better which is not what was intended I think :D

Ty. Hug.

P.S. Oops no 2nd Draeney hero for me it seems :<

Last edited:
Level 7
Why did you make the map that is available only in 1.32...?
Most people don't know how to download 1.32.... including me..

Level 2
Amazing work as always SevenBlood! I have one little issue. I've downloaded the QWER hotkeys from gaming-tools and it's messing with some of the heroes. Because of the hotkeys, Naga Sea Witch has Forked Lightning and Gathering Storm both on Q and I can't for the life of me figure it out how to change one of them to E. I've opened the key file and changed all instances of Forked Lightning (there were several) from Q to E but it did nothing. Same for Akama with Windwalk and Chain Heal.

Heck, I've even tried some mouse autoclicker program but the way WC3 handles mouse clicks for abilities makes it quite useless. Wanted to get Warkeys but the only reliable download source I could find is down.

I'm at my wit's end. Anybody knows what to do here?

Level 3
I'm experiencing some bugs with the Campaign

1º: I realized that the name of some maps don't show up. My Warcraft 3 Reforged (using classic mode) is in Portuguese, and when I changed the language of the game, the name of the maps showed up. I think that this was not supposed to happen.
2º: if I play the campaign using my native Language, the description of the spells and even the dialogues get bugged, for some reason. And if I change the language AND the audio of the game, the problem is solved. Again, that was not supposed to happen. I know you just picked the original English dialogues, and put in, so playing the game with a different language should work fine.

I tried to play Rise of the Blood Elves using my native game language and audio, and everything (even the description of the spells) works normal

Level 29
I'm experiencing some bugs with the Campaign

1º: I realized that the name of some maps don't show up. My Warcraft 3 Reforged (using classic mode) is in Portuguese, and when I changed the language of the game, the name of the maps showed up. I think that this was not supposed to happen.
2º: if I play the campaign using my native Language, the description of the spells and even the dialogues get bugged, for some reason. And if I change the language AND the audio of the game, the problem is solved. Again, that was not supposed to happen. I know you just picked the original English dialogues, and put in, so playing the game with a different language should work fine.

I tried to play Rise of the Blood Elves using my native game language and audio, and everything (even the description of the spells) works normal
Switching game languages in WC3 Reforged, in general, likes breaking important elements such as missing strings and audio. Don't question it.
If you still encounter these issues, simply run the Launcher and repair the game. It will redownload the correct languages, but I don't recommend this trick since you might end up getting the latest version, which is still buggy.

Level 29
Hey, does anyone know if this campaign is compatible with 1.35 or if it Will crash randomly like others?

Sincerely
As long as the "Required game version" says "Warcraft 3: Reforged", the map can only be playable on Reforged. Most of them are designed for the Classic graphics, while others (like Chronicles of Second War) are only for the new graphics.
But the author says:

IMPORTANT - This campaign was made for the latest Offical Patch of the game -> Version 1.32.10 and is intended for CLASSIC GRAPHICS. You do not need to own Reforged to play this but you must have a Legal copy of the game. I cannot help with any issues relating to Reforged Graphics or use on different patches.

The recommended version would be 1.32.10. 1.35 is also works, but you'll most likely run up into big issues.
I heard that some people encountered a random crash with 1.35 due to the broken custom models (ERROR #131).

Level 2
was fun and quite challenging, i like the buff selection at the beginning like in your other campaigns more, there are too many upgrades in this one and each one of them is so powerful that you cant just ignore them.
In the last mission the game acted like i got every desperate measures upgrade, even though i didnt get one, i only tested them in a save where i didnt even finish the mission,i finished it with the draenei,might the ai take the upgrade? I even replayed the mission with blood elves without taking it,
also desperate measures felt more like a massive downgrade because you loose your healing abilities, luckily illidan si so op he can solo the last mission almost himself.
The mission where you have no ressources until you get the ogres as allies and sell them into slavery was very interesting, had something of the dwarf campaign, would love to see more of that.

Level 12
Yooo

I finished playing this campaign and i have to say this, usually when i play a custom campaigns for the first time i stop after every mission to write some thoughts about them.. but i just couldn't do the same here, why? . . .because i was soo damn hooked by the gameplay and the story that i just couldn't stop playing until i finished the entire thing... yea.. :xxd:

This whole revamp of yours just blew me away, after playing the previous revamps i had some expectations coming into this new one but.. i didn't expect to enjoy playing through this campaign so damn much, i just loved it!

I played on the latest version of Reforged 1.35 (with classic graphics of course) and i have to say there were some small bugs here and there, but since this was made for 1.33 there is no wonder some small bugs will show up, but other than those small bugs the game went smooth with no big errors and stuff like that, no crashes or anything.

~Negatives:

Even tho i consider all the revamped missions to be done very well and i can say with absolute confidence that most of them are much better than the original ones, i did find some of them lacking and 1 in particular that was just plain awful, the one i am talking about is mission 4 "The Dungeons of Dalaran".

Basically i hate everything about this mission:

- The annoying doors and platforms you have to stay on to open them, this was by far the worst aspect of the map, since the map is already hard to navigate there are the annoying closing doors and platforms on top of that, i had to let 1 unit on each platform so all doors stay open permanently so the rest of my units and heroes don't get stack and confused.

- The whole upgrading units with items that take extra space on your hero.. the idea itself isn't bad, you did this concept in the previous revamp with the orc campaign, but there it worked better since Thrall had no items himself, and yes Kael had basically the inventory to carry the items, but the problem was that he was not the one exploring the map, Vash was, since she was the one that can swim and move through the map with ease using her spell and opening doors for a short time, basically having units in this map was more of a hassle than anything as well, having Vash was more than enough.

- The archmages were still there from the original version but you made them drop some weak items that aren't that much better than a circlet +2 so it would have been better if they just dropped tomes and thats it.

It would have been great if those 3 items would combine into 1 stronger item.

- Kael being super weak the whole mission, i have no idea why was he in that weak state the whole time, while the other units seemed just fine, this just made him be more of a nuisance then helpful.

- There was also this annoying bug where it kept popping on the screen that one of my heroes is bellow half hp with red text, as if i need a reminder or warning for such trivial things, also there is no right path to go in this mission, because of that i just went at random into one direction and i ended up triggering some events that teleported kael on the right part of the map, The jailor Kassan for some reason has a paladin skin that doesn't fit at all, all the cool experiments, hidden places, and side quests from the original mission aren't even here, and so on...

From all the revamp missions i think this is the only one where i prefer the original version, by a long shot!

- In terms of races it goes without saying that the Blood Elves are the weakest ones by far and the more annoying and sluggish ones to play with, i am not the biggest fan of their special upgrades either, the only good part of their special upgrade are the extra buffs to the heroes for dmg and hp, the rest are making the units worse, removing the heals from the clerics for example and also replacing the paladins with demon hunters will just make the entire army be something of a glass cannon, dmg is good but your units will just die off pretty fast.

Also the projectiles of the demon hunters in demon form have a weird delay to them, making their attacks kinda unreliable at times, since if you make them attack different targets in a short span of time they will just cancel their own attacks...

- The Naga are the second best race to play with, most of their units are good, and the heroes are the most flashed out out of all 3 races, they work very well with each other, Vash being the ranged dps, Naj'entus being the self healing tanky boy but also dealing lots of dmg with his shockwave and lastly Thespia with her weak but spammable healing spell, good summons and aoe heals as ulti.

There is a problem with Thespia tho, she looks too damn similar to a normal siren unit and she also has on top of that a dark blue shading color to her making her pretty invisible to the eye and easy to miss, while the other 2 heroes are quite easy to see on the screen, she is the opposite, her hero glow is also pretty weak compared to the other 2, almost non existing, you can barely notice she is even a hero by just looking at her.

The special upgrades for the Naga race were cool and interesting beside the upgrade that makes them go crazy, that one just doesn't work i feel like, since it can make any of your units including heroes go crazy and become enemies for a few seconds that will make you kill your own army by mistake and they just become less eficient overall.

Also the whole thing with the Hag Witch and her powers was an interesting concept, based on the Orc Campaign where she was the enemy, the problem is that She herself is still pretty weak and having only an army of murlocs doesn't bring enough of a benefit to only empower her, getting only 1 dmg for every mur'gul unit is just not enough, she barely made a difference in fights, it would have been alright if the extra mur'gul units were also upgrading her other spells as well or giving her new stronger ones, but.. that was not the case.

Other negatives would be:

- In chapter 8 the Steam geysers had a spell that i guess was used to heal but it costed mana and the buildings themselves didn't have any mana.

- Chapter 10 also ended too fast, just having to survive for 20 minutes feels too easy and rushed, i kinda wanted to go and destroy the other orc bases, maybe you should raise the timer to 40 minutes, while also giving an optional quest for the player to destroy the other 2 smaller demon gates that are vulnerable.

- In the last chapter Magtheridon was too weak, for the final mission the final boss is supposed to be super strong but he died super fast just to 1 wave of blood elves and 1 wave of the shadowmoon orcs, i didn't even have time to get to him cuz he already died, yea...

- Would have loved to see more stronger and cooler items, since the ones we got were pretty weak overall.

- And lastly in most chapters both the allies and the enemies didn't upgrade their armies, some stayed at 0 - 0 upgrades, while some only went to 2 - 0 and so on, that was kinda awkard, this might be a bug caused by not playing on 1.33 tho since i played on 1.35

~The Positives:

- What can i say, the positives are vast, they far outweigh the negatives in this case, from the beautiful and well crafted terrain to the amazing and unique concepts of the races and their spells, it can be seen that everything was made with passion and was masterfully done!

- My favorite things were of course the layouts of every mission, The Naga and Draenei heroes, had tons of fun playing with them, The whole thing with Teron Gorefiend and his shadowmoon orcs and the fact they stayed as allies till the end was such an awesome thing to behold.

- The maps themselves being filled with extra creeps, special units and secrets to discover encouraging the players to explore the maps was well done!

- The extra story parts and dialogues you implemented were really well done!

- The big variety in units for all races and factions was nice to see, both for allies and enemies!

- Workers not costing food was a great idea.

- And lastly the whole part with reducing collusion size of units so they don't get blocked by eachother anymore, that did sure have a big impact in the gameplay and it felt good while at the same time maintaining the feeling that this was still Warcraft 3 we were playing.

All in all greatness all around, i hope you will still work on this Revamp project of yours, the potential is vast! Keep up the Great Work! :goblin_yeah:

My rating for this Custom Campaign is an S Tier with 96 out of 100 points!

Level 3
can someone help me out pls is there anyway i can play this on version 1.31 cause i cant get my hands on 1.32

Last edited:
Level 29
can someone help me out pls is there anyway i can play this on version 1.31 cause i cant get my hands on 1.32
Most maps that are exclusively made for Reforged are fully updated to be compatible with the recent patches, so I don't think this one will probably work on 1.32. The most recent one for Reforged was 1.35 (the ones with functioning custom campaigns), but some of them are only intended for older versions (1.32/1.33).

Level 2
Popping in to see if anyone else is having issues running this campaign on the most recent patch for Reforged (1.35). I was wanting to replay this, and it was working pretty well! (Some crashes every now and then, but mostly running smooth) but I'm at The Crossing and it's constant crashing. To the point, I can't play my save for more than like 5 minutes.

nv4

nv4

Level 8
I'm usually very reluctant to play anything that requires Reforged, which I highly despise, but this campaign is one of the things that makes it worth it.
Terrain is very good. Both in terms of visuals and level design.
I really like the increased size of buildings and some units, looks fitting and very cool.
Played on 1.32.10, all done on brutal difficulty with all achievements done at once - was decently challenging and I really enjoyed playing it.

All casters are cool and strong.
Myrmidon is the best naga unit - high damage, AOE damage, high survivability. Get a bunch of them and crush everyone.
Dragon Turtle is great.
Snap Dragon is good. Maybe could have 100 more max hp.
Royal Guard is rather disappointing. Double the food cost of myrmidon, but not much tougher than a single myrmidon, yet alone two of them, damage is less than that of 2 myrmidons. Move speed is slow for some reason, which is completely unjustified, and there's no reason for it not to be average. Spells are cool, but mana cost is high and he doesn't have much mana or mana regen. So all in all, it's better to just get 2 myrmidons for the same food cost.
Trapper is absolutely not worth its cost - its food cost is 1 less than myrmidon, yet trapper has more than 2 times less EHP, no royal blood, a bit less damage and slower attack speed. And what can he offer? Ensnare which is only good in one chapter, and even there it's better to just have more ranged units for the same food cost. And Hunting Hooks, which allows to pull enemies from 175 distance... Maybe I'm missing something, but how is that useful? Verdict - trappers suck, 0 reason to use them.
Sea giants are... Yeah, I honestly don't know why would I choose them over turtles. And also need at least 3 giants to get that +500 max hp. Less damage is a tradeoff for AOE damage, but they're siege units - I want them to destroy buildings, and they do it worse than turtles.

Demi heroes are really not that strong as I expected them to be. For all the resources and time it takes to empower them, the end result is rather disappointing, especially considering that in case of death they lose all those stat bonuses.
Sea Hag is actually almost fine - she's decently strong and +3 armor aura is very useful for numerous mur'gul. The problem is her mana - she doesn't regain it fast enough. Perhaps some increase of mana regen would be really nice. Might even have reasonable cap for that. Or tie mana regen bonus to the number of mur'gul like her attack damage.
Sea Giant is simply not worth it. 20 food cost for what? Way less damage output initially than turtles for comparable food cost, and it's rather expensive to increase that damage to comparable level. And even then, it's single target siege damage with slow attack speed. It's just an overrated siege unit. And don't forget that he requires 3 sea giants to hire and for +500 hp, which take 6 food each and are also inferior compared to turtles. Now, if he had cleave with reasonable percentage - that could make him worth it.

Also, making mur'gul army is definitely fun to play, and they become pretty strong with all upgrades.

Whispers of the Old Gods is pretty fun. Makes gameplay very chaotic. Or rather, it would be very fun if it functioned as expected, but it comes with a bunch of bugs severely effecting its usability.
As for the units, Handmaiden is cool. Except Writhing Grip is of questionable usability, especially considering berserk'd units freely cast their spells, so it often happens that Writhing Grip gets casted on units it should rather not.
Herald just sucks. Herald has half max hp of myrmidon, ~same damage and armor. Sure, they can eat corpses to regain hp, but myrmidons have 0.5% max hp regen per second, that is 7.5 hp per second, so 13.3 seconds to regain same 100 hp. And also there might be not enough corpses for all heralds to heal, especially since handmaiden's Offering destroyes the corpse it's used on. Besides, surviving berserk's duration restores health to the level it was before going berserk, so myrmidons with higher max hp have advantage even in that sense. And herald doesn't have AOE attack. And all that for the food cost difference of 1. So yeah, heralds are just failed myrmidons.

Vashj is now agility hero, with Sea Spine Arrows even, and yet her ultimate is unchanged? I had 0 zero reasons to cast tornado (yet alone learn instead of any other spell) throught the whole campaign. If anything, that should've been the first skill to change of her original kit.
Naj'entus is cool. Tank susting itself through kills is brutal and interesting. Except I don't dig Impenetrable Carapace. Sure, it can be useful when he gets low and needs time to regain health, but it would be cooler if he had something else, more synergetic with the "kill to live" theme. Also, Superiority has rather long cooldown, probably would be better to lower it.
Thespia is also cool. Except Parasite is kinda lackluster. It's weaker than Sea Spirits and not so useful as Ebb and Flow. In the last chapter my lvl 10 Thespia had 68 int (including bonuses from items) and +mana regen from sobi mask, and I still was running out of mana not even casting Parasite so actively. And spawned mur'gul are so fast to die their most beneficial purpose would be to be food for the Sea King. So Parasite needs some buff - mana cost decrease or spawned mur'gul being stronger, or severely more damage\s while it's active.
Funny enough, this trio of heroes has more synergy between them than Sedina has with her own skills kit.
Spellbreaker are so good there's just no reason to use swordsmen. Frankly, I barely even used paladins and cavaliers - priests provide enough healing, so it just feels stronger to have them and spellbreakers instead. Besides, spellbreakers can clear debuffs and enemy buffs, which is very useful.
Other units are pretty much fine. Don't really have much to say about tech tree - it's just good.

Desperate Measures is questionable, so to say. Basicaly, it's just damage over survivability, which might be a feasible way to play against opponent with limited resources, but is basicaly a handicap against AI with unlimited resources. Sooner or later (and on brutal difficulty it's sooner) your units will get damaged, and with nobody to provide healing the whole army will inevitably crumble. Hell, most damage related benefits of Desperate Measures come from active spells, and even priest's mana potion will inflict damage. Not to mention that extra 50 mana for 10% max hp is a VERY unoptimal tradeoff.
Dark Gifts is arguably the only worthy part of Desperate Measures beyond 2 level, and even then it's only so because it's bugged and gives more damage than it's supposed to.
So taking Desperate Measures beyond 2 level is largely a handicap for those who don't feel like this campaign is challenging enough. Practically the only way to "replace" lost sustain is to use magisters' spawns as a frontline and kill enemies before any of them get to damage your casters backline. Which is noticebaly harder in later chapters, with doom guards constantly obliterating summons with dispel. And also enemies have a lot of AOE spells to hit backline with, so it's very hard to pull off.
The most viable strategy is to tank everything with heroes. They become super strong, even strong enough to do almost everything by themselves. Especially with Kael being able to upgrade his spells to lvl 4 and spam them for no mana cost.
Also, having demon hunters is somewhat pointless since most of your power comes from casters, so it's always better to have more casters instead of demon hunters. And also demon hunters benefit from different attack upgrades in different forms, which is yet another downside since you need even more investment to use them to their full potential.
Ironic, that Desperate Measures would be most useful in first chapters against undead since disease cloud makes it hard to use heal effectively anyway.

Sedina's skill set feels somewhat random. Like, why does she have mirror image? Phoenix Flare is fine, but its armor decrease has no synergy with Searing Arrows which deal magic damage. Master Hunter has its use, but it has long downtime and feels too simple for ultimate.
Lana'thel is paladin, so I didn't expect anything interesting from her kit. But her ultimate is just boring and rather weak. Just health\mana regen? That's it? Sure, its better than simple passive since its effect depends on Arcane Addiction, but it's still just a health\mana regen, and not even that great values either. She's basicaly a tank with no way to self sustain herself other than measly 2 hp\s that probably won't work most of the time since it depends on her mana level and she needs to cast her spells. Something better for self healing would fit her kit much better.
Kael's Greater Firebolt is way weaker than Phoenix. So I'd much prefer to have Phoenix again.
Draenei
They're good. Don't have anything particular to say about them. Except maybe that I didn't ever use Akama's windwalk as there's no reason to.

And a few thoughts about chapters themselves.
1) Kael - Circle of Flames tooltip doesn't mention that it has a cap of affect targets. Well, it should mention it.
2) Too fucking many fel runes. And what's worse - they have the lowest priority of all units, so attack-move won't help unless they're the only enemy units nearby. And it's hard to click them manualy when fights are so numerous and chaotic. Considering they do 10 DPS in a pretty moderate area, they're arguably the bigger threat than most orc units.

Chapter 2
3) A little weird that nagas are kept in the cages by the undead at the first orange undead base. Like, what's for? What are they gonna do with them anyway?
4) Feels like there was supposed to be something more with those goblins. Like some side quest or special interaction.

Chapter 4
5) It's cool that each archmage now drops its own unique item, but they all are rather weak.
Windspark - what use do I have of +100 max mana and 50 mana burn without damage? I'd much rather have +int or mana regen and actual mana burn, with damage. Actually, even a simple Staff of Negation would be more useful.
Dustshaper - could be okay for vanilla tech tree, but with this modified tech tree there's already enough stuff that requires microing, so I just kept forgetting to use it. A simple circlet of nobility would be of more use.
Staff of Flowing Water - just a Hood of Cunning. Dowgraded even, since Hood of Cunning now gives +5 int agi in Reforged. Useful, but far from what I'd expect from a unique item.
Archus - basically just a Mantle of Intelligence with firebolt, which is almost good, but again I'd rather have another circlet of nobility.
And the most ironic thing is that now elfs have passive mana drain, so the original ring of the archmagi with its brilliance aura would be extremely useful, way more than any of these unique drops.
6) The mechanic of equiping units with different gear is interesting. On one hand, it really adds to the atmosphere now that units don't sit inside cages in full equipment. On the other hand, there's still a question - why would jailers keep all the stuff of prisoners nearby?
And gameplay-wise it's not that great as it may sound. In most cases it boils down to just being an unnecessary couple extra clicks to get a unit, since most equipment is placed near the cells anyway.
Though all in all, I liked that addition.
7) Removing some of the original stuff was a big mistake.
That is, the interaction with runes was cool. I really see no reason for it to be removed. Besides, the added gate switches mechanically follow the same idea.
Also, the experiments - in the original campaign it neatly emphasized that Dalaran is not just another regular city with regular prison. And they were pretty cool in terms of gameplay.
And there were also some hidden places, which also were removed.

Chapter 5
8) I never was a fan of any tower defenses, so to me personaly it's the best chapter revamp in this campaign. Although my personal preferences aside, this chapter is still one of the best.
However, it could still be better. Even on brutal difficutly while doing all 3 achievements I still managed to have some spare time, so I guess there could be some more stuff to do. Like extra neutral camps or secrets. Or Garithos having an actual base. I mean, Garithos doesn't even drop any reward. Not so much for the "suicide" attack.

Chapter 6
9) The fountain of power is so far away I ended up never using it.

Chapter 7
10) Hostile broken draenei are just hostile neutral. That is, they just stand still, doing nothing. What is even the point of them being there?
11) Overall, cool map, but I feel like there could be more to explore. After securing main portal controls there's just nothing to do besides the main objective, so almost half of the map is as good as empty - no unique enemies, interesting items or anything.

Chapter 8
12) Another great map, very cool addition to the original campaign. However, again not without flaws.
Fountains felt useless. I don't know, maybe without doing this side quest it won't be possible to upgrade to conduits in further chapters. But in this chapter I just never bothered to use fountains, their regen is just negligibly small. Fountains are basically conduits with extra health.

Chapter 9
13) I wish ally AI could be more useful. Most of the time he either keeps his whole army at the base or sends up to the orc base, where they get killed. I guess better functioning AI would make this map easier, but still.
Other than that - another great addition. Very atmospheric level design.

Chapter 11
14) This one I actually didn't like. I mean, this whole level is like one big messy fight, which is good and enjoyable on its own.
But the original map is more interesting, with all its little nooks with rewards, limited resources, unlockable passages and tricky defenses. Especially its defenses - in the original it was impossible to just go headfirst, your forces would be obliterated by Magtheridon's defenses. While in revamp you don't really care about generators and cannons assaulting your base, there's no need for any clever tactic or something like that. Just go forward and attack everything, that's it. Also allies are suddenyl super strong here. So strong that the first time I played, they killed Master of Pain before I even noticed that they got so far. Magtheridon himself also felt like a joke - there were too many units for him to be able to do anything.
1) Kael can upgrade his normal spells up to level 4, and his ult up to level 2. Upgrading ult doesn't change it in any way.
Trying to use "overupgraded" Flame Strike with verdant spheres active disables mouse cursor, so the spell can't even be used since it requires targeting.
2) From chapter 5 and onward Kael can't give mana to other units.
3) Lana'thel - Light's Mercy upgrading tooltip doesn't mention that its manacost will be increased.
4) The Eternal Hunt tooltip says "Click to use" but it does nothing.
5) Handmaiden - Invoke Madness can be casted on allies.
6) Don't know if bug or tooltip just not clear enough, but Whispers of the Old Gods having 100% chance doesn't really mean 100% for berserk and hp\mana restore. Actually, I haven't seen hp\mana restore work at all. And berserk apparently has its own proc chance and cooldown.
7) Units killed under the effect of berserk from Whispers of the Old Gods reward gold.
8) And they also lose all attack\defense upgrades. Sea giants and sea king also lose +500 hp while under berserk.
9) And in chapter 11 berserk'd units are neutral towards enemies, but hostile neutral towards my own units.
10) And also all naga heroes receive the icon of Whispers of the Old Gods, but it apparently has no effect on them. Either it should have effect or there shouldn't be an icon.
11) Sea Hag doesn't have icon of Whispers of the Old Gods, but is actually affected by it.
12) AI almost never researches any upgrades.
13) Naga AI is broken - they build 3 extra temples of depth and 1 extra altar on their base. And Thespia always just stays still at the base.
14) Archus active requires mana, but tooltip doesn't mention it.
15) Mur'gul Bloodgill heal hotkey is E.
16) Verdant Spheres doesn't actually increase spell level even though the tooltips of spells with spheres active change to that of higher level.
17) Legion Signet Ring and Verdant Spheres have shared cooldown.
18) Fel Potion doesn't replenish mana.
19) Greater Fel Potion actually deals 55 damage instead of 10% max hp, and then damage is also reduced by hero's innate spell damage reduction.
20) Fel Potion and Greater Fel Potion tooltip is incorrect - they replenish 150 and 300 mana respectively.
21) When priests have fel potions from Desperate Measures, researching Greater Mana Potion overrides that, so they have normal mana potions again.
22) Fel Flames doesn't do any AOE damage.
23) Dark Gifts gives +30 damage instead of +10.
Chapter 6
24) Ally Sedina just stands still doing nothing.
25) Most of the time allies just turn their whole armies and go back instead of attacking further.
26) Myrmidons spawned via Circle of Power don't benefit from +500 hp upgrade.
27) Mur'guls spawned via Circle of Power don't benefit from +20 hp and attack speed upgrades.
Chapter 8
28) Allies can capture fountain and attacking it to take it from them makes those allies hostile.
Chapter 10
29) Desperate Measures levels is reset to 0 (unresearched at all). Funny, but Dark Gifts bonus for heroes is kept.
Also, very confusing which version to use. The description states it's intended for 1.32.10, but then in the contents section individual maps all have Recommended version: 1.34

Last edited:
Level 2
Overall, the new technology really fits into the characteristic of each race.
I play normal mode and the only chapter I have to try many times is "seek for Illidan".
In that chapter, I have to know the timing of upgrade appropriate technologies. Otherwise, the base of Akama is prone to be destroyed fully.

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
I started the campaign some time ago, I'm in chapter seven for now.

I enjoy mission design a lot, very creative and diverse, just like the new techtrees.

I play on hard on latest Reforged, switching between BE and Naga. Difficulty level is okay mostly, challenging but not completely out of balance, although BE, especially early on, seem much more challenging as their units have less HP and they must rely on micro and various tricks heavily. Luckily there are Magisters and their summons. Naga with a variety of high-HP units are a piece of cake in comparison as they can deathball almost every battle.

I miss building shops in bases, I don't know why so many campaign makers decide to remove them.

Some maps are pretty sparse in resources, maybe goldmines have less gold on higher difficulties?

One aspect I didn't like is some of the new abilities, including ultimate abilities for BE heroes. Some are just... well, weak, and should mostly be standard or additional skills, not ults. Examples:
  • Kael's buffed firebolt seems boring in comparison to the mighty Phoenix
  • Paladin's ult is weak as an ult, could be a standard ability of a passive unlocked from the beginning. One of the few examples when I didn't choose an ult immediately on level 6.
  • Paladin's divine shield is very cost inefficient now, with shorter duration and significantly increased cost, even though it allows a hero to tank damage. Learning it on more than 1. level seems like a waste of ability points in comparison with Holy Light and Resurrection
  • Farstrider's ult also seems more like a nice addition than a gamechanging spell ult is supposed to be.
  • Old heroes lost their "tricky" abilities which, well, has some pros and cons. I definitely don't miss the mana shield, I miss Kael's banish a little bit. Instead they have two alternative AoE/chain damage skills which is a bit redundant in the late game. I think Kael could have his buffed firebolt as a 2nd standard leveled ability and then he could get his Phoenix back.

I see you got rid of unkeep at all. Well, I personally don't like it, as it takes away one strategic aspect of carefully balancing between the army and the economy, while here I just max out my army early on and defeat the enemy with sheer numbers, while having a huge amount of resources in my pocket.

A suggestion for the future would be to use custom Blood Elven music from WoW as well as GUI and sounds instead of a Night Elven ones, like they did in Rise of the Blood Elves - it really adds a lot to immersion.

Chapter One:
The initial dialog with Garithos feels a bit odd, as you put together dialogs from two original chapters
I think the original outro dialog with Garithos' first warning for Kael could have stayed in. Right now, the later Garithos's arrest of BE seems a bit rushed and without warning.

Chapter Five:
I love what you changed the tower defence mission into. Very tactical, challenging and satisfying.

Chapter Six:
  • Hero's progress was not loaded at the beginning of this one, not sure why
  • I think starting positions of Naga and BE could need some rebalancing here. BE being the more "vulnerable" race have to face attacks from both the orc camp and the demon gate, I think they also have less goldmines in range. I tried to beat it with BE for like 2 hours, eventually switched to Naga and had completely no problems.

Chapter Seven:
  • Hero's progress was not loaded again
  • Nice portal mechanics. I could only complain that it would spare players a moment of confusion (sometimes in a middle of a battle) if the two portal skills were simply called "Teleport" and "Select destination" (edit: right, but it wouldn't work both ways then)

Last edited:
Level 5
I'm usually very reluctant to play anything that requires Reforged, which I highly despise, but this campaign is one of the things that makes it worth it.
Terrain is very good. Both in terms of visuals and level design.
I really like the increased size of buildings and some units, looks fitting and very cool.
Played on 1.32.10, all done on brutal difficulty with all achievements done at once - was decently challenging and I really enjoyed playing it.

All casters are cool and strong.
Myrmidon is the best naga unit - high damage, AOE damage, high survivability. Get a bunch of them and crush everyone.
Dragon Turtle is great.
Snap Dragon is good. Maybe could have 100 more max hp.
Royal Guard is rather disappointing. Double the food cost of myrmidon, but not much tougher than a single myrmidon, yet alone two of them, damage is less than that of 2 myrmidons. Move speed is slow for some reason, which is completely unjustified, and there's no reason for it not to be average. Spells are cool, but mana cost is high and he doesn't have much mana or mana regen. So all in all, it's better to just get 2 myrmidons for the same food cost.
Trapper is absolutely not worth its cost - its food cost is 1 less than myrmidon, yet trapper has more than 2 times less EHP, no royal blood, a bit less damage and slower attack speed. And what can he offer? Ensnare which is only good in one chapter, and even there it's better to just have more ranged units for the same food cost. And Hunting Hooks, which allows to pull enemies from 175 distance... Maybe I'm missing something, but how is that useful? Verdict - trappers suck, 0 reason to use them.
Sea giants are... Yeah, I honestly don't know why would I choose them over turtles. And also need at least 3 giants to get that +500 max hp. Less damage is a tradeoff for AOE damage, but they're siege units - I want them to destroy buildings, and they do it worse than turtles.

Demi heroes are really not that strong as I expected them to be. For all the resources and time it takes to empower them, the end result is rather disappointing, especially considering that in case of death they lose all those stat bonuses.
Sea Hag is actually almost fine - she's decently strong and +3 armor aura is very useful for numerous mur'gul. The problem is her mana - she doesn't regain it fast enough. Perhaps some increase of mana regen would be really nice. Might even have reasonable cap for that. Or tie mana regen bonus to the number of mur'gul like her attack damage.
Sea Giant is simply not worth it. 20 food cost for what? Way less damage output initially than turtles for comparable food cost, and it's rather expensive to increase that damage to comparable level. And even then, it's single target siege damage with slow attack speed. It's just an overrated siege unit. And don't forget that he requires 3 sea giants to hire and for +500 hp, which take 6 food each and are also inferior compared to turtles. Now, if he had cleave with reasonable percentage - that could make him worth it.

Also, making mur'gul army is definitely fun to play, and they become pretty strong with all upgrades.

Whispers of the Old Gods is pretty fun. Makes gameplay very chaotic. Or rather, it would be very fun if it functioned as expected, but it comes with a bunch of bugs severely effecting its usability.
As for the units, Handmaiden is cool. Except Writhing Grip is of questionable usability, especially considering berserk'd units freely cast their spells, so it often happens that Writhing Grip gets casted on units it should rather not.
Herald just sucks. Herald has half max hp of myrmidon, ~same damage and armor. Sure, they can eat corpses to regain hp, but myrmidons have 0.5% max hp regen per second, that is 7.5 hp per second, so 13.3 seconds to regain same 100 hp. And also there might be not enough corpses for all heralds to heal, especially since handmaiden's Offering destroyes the corpse it's used on. Besides, surviving berserk's duration restores health to the level it was before going berserk, so myrmidons with higher max hp have advantage even in that sense. And herald doesn't have AOE attack. And all that for the food cost difference of 1. So yeah, heralds are just failed myrmidons.

Vashj is now agility hero, with Sea Spine Arrows even, and yet her ultimate is unchanged? I had 0 zero reasons to cast tornado (yet alone learn instead of any other spell) throught the whole campaign. If anything, that should've been the first skill to change of her original kit.
Naj'entus is cool. Tank susting itself through kills is brutal and interesting. Except I don't dig Impenetrable Carapace. Sure, it can be useful when he gets low and needs time to regain health, but it would be cooler if he had something else, more synergetic with the "kill to live" theme. Also, Superiority has rather long cooldown, probably would be better to lower it.
Thespia is also cool. Except Parasite is kinda lackluster. It's weaker than Sea Spirits and not so useful as Ebb and Flow. In the last chapter my lvl 10 Thespia had 68 int (including bonuses from items) and +mana regen from sobi mask, and I still was running out of mana not even casting Parasite so actively. And spawned mur'gul are so fast to die their most beneficial purpose would be to be food for the Sea King. So Parasite needs some buff - mana cost decrease or spawned mur'gul being stronger, or severely more damage\s while it's active.
Funny enough, this trio of heroes has more synergy between them than Sedina has with her own skills kit.
Spellbreaker are so good there's just no reason to use swordsmen. Frankly, I barely even used paladins and cavaliers - priests provide enough healing, so it just feels stronger to have them and spellbreakers instead. Besides, spellbreakers can clear debuffs and enemy buffs, which is very useful.
Other units are pretty much fine. Don't really have much to say about tech tree - it's just good.

Desperate Measures is questionable, so to say. Basicaly, it's just damage over survivability, which might be a feasible way to play against opponent with limited resources, but is basicaly a handicap against AI with unlimited resources. Sooner or later (and on brutal difficulty it's sooner) your units will get damaged, and with nobody to provide healing the whole army will inevitably crumble. Hell, most damage related benefits of Desperate Measures come from active spells, and even priest's mana potion will inflict damage. Not to mention that extra 50 mana for 10% max hp is a VERY unoptimal tradeoff.
Dark Gifts is arguably the only worthy part of Desperate Measures beyond 2 level, and even then it's only so because it's bugged and gives more damage than it's supposed to.
So taking Desperate Measures beyond 2 level is largely a handicap for those who don't feel like this campaign is challenging enough. Practically the only way to "replace" lost sustain is to use magisters' spawns as a frontline and kill enemies before any of them get to damage your casters backline. Which is noticebaly harder in later chapters, with doom guards constantly obliterating summons with dispel. And also enemies have a lot of AOE spells to hit backline with, so it's very hard to pull off.
The most viable strategy is to tank everything with heroes. They become super strong, even strong enough to do almost everything by themselves. Especially with Kael being able to upgrade his spells to lvl 4 and spam them for no mana cost.
Also, having demon hunters is somewhat pointless since most of your power comes from casters, so it's always better to have more casters instead of demon hunters. And also demon hunters benefit from different attack upgrades in different forms, which is yet another downside since you need even more investment to use them to their full potential.
Ironic, that Desperate Measures would be most useful in first chapters against undead since disease cloud makes it hard to use heal effectively anyway.

Sedina's skill set feels somewhat random. Like, why does she have mirror image? Phoenix Flare is fine, but its armor decrease has no synergy with Searing Arrows which deal magic damage. Master Hunter has its use, but it has long downtime and feels too simple for ultimate.
Lana'thel is paladin, so I didn't expect anything interesting from her kit. But her ultimate is just boring and rather weak. Just health\mana regen? That's it? Sure, its better than simple passive since its effect depends on Arcane Addiction, but it's still just a health\mana regen, and not even that great values either. She's basicaly a tank with no way to self sustain herself other than measly 2 hp\s that probably won't work most of the time since it depends on her mana level and she needs to cast her spells. Something better for self healing would fit her kit much better.
Kael's Greater Firebolt is way weaker than Phoenix. So I'd much prefer to have Phoenix again.
Draenei
They're good. Don't have anything particular to say about them. Except maybe that I didn't ever use Akama's windwalk as there's no reason to.

And a few thoughts about chapters themselves.
1) Kael - Circle of Flames tooltip doesn't mention that it has a cap of affect targets. Well, it should mention it.
2) Too fucking many fel runes. And what's worse - they have the lowest priority of all units, so attack-move won't help unless they're the only enemy units nearby. And it's hard to click them manualy when fights are so numerous and chaotic. Considering they do 10 DPS in a pretty moderate area, they're arguably the bigger threat than most orc units.

Chapter 2
3) A little weird that nagas are kept in the cages by the undead at the first orange undead base. Like, what's for? What are they gonna do with them anyway?
4) Feels like there was supposed to be something more with those goblins. Like some side quest or special interaction.

Chapter 4
5) It's cool that each archmage now drops its own unique item, but they all are rather weak.
Windspark - what use do I have of +100 max mana and 50 mana burn without damage? I'd much rather have +int or mana regen and actual mana burn, with damage. Actually, even a simple Staff of Negation would be more useful.
Dustshaper - could be okay for vanilla tech tree, but with this modified tech tree there's already enough stuff that requires microing, so I just kept forgetting to use it. A simple circlet of nobility would be of more use.
Staff of Flowing Water - just a Hood of Cunning. Dowgraded even, since Hood of Cunning now gives +5 int agi in Reforged. Useful, but far from what I'd expect from a unique item.
Archus - basically just a Mantle of Intelligence with firebolt, which is almost good, but again I'd rather have another circlet of nobility.
And the most ironic thing is that now elfs have passive mana drain, so the original ring of the archmagi with its brilliance aura would be extremely useful, way more than any of these unique drops.
6) The mechanic of equiping units with different gear is interesting. On one hand, it really adds to the atmosphere now that units don't sit inside cages in full equipment. On the other hand, there's still a question - why would jailers keep all the stuff of prisoners nearby?
And gameplay-wise it's not that great as it may sound. In most cases it boils down to just being an unnecessary couple extra clicks to get a unit, since most equipment is placed near the cells anyway.
Though all in all, I liked that addition.
7) Removing some of the original stuff was a big mistake.
That is, the interaction with runes was cool. I really see no reason for it to be removed. Besides, the added gate switches mechanically follow the same idea.
Also, the experiments - in the original campaign it neatly emphasized that Dalaran is not just another regular city with regular prison. And they were pretty cool in terms of gameplay.
And there were also some hidden places, which also were removed.

Chapter 5
8) I never was a fan of any tower defenses, so to me personaly it's the best chapter revamp in this campaign. Although my personal preferences aside, this chapter is still one of the best.
However, it could still be better. Even on brutal difficutly while doing all 3 achievements I still managed to have some spare time, so I guess there could be some more stuff to do. Like extra neutral camps or secrets. Or Garithos having an actual base. I mean, Garithos doesn't even drop any reward. Not so much for the "suicide" attack.

Chapter 6
9) The fountain of power is so far away I ended up never using it.

Chapter 7
10) Hostile broken draenei are just hostile neutral. That is, they just stand still, doing nothing. What is even the point of them being there?
11) Overall, cool map, but I feel like there could be more to explore. After securing main portal controls there's just nothing to do besides the main objective, so almost half of the map is as good as empty - no unique enemies, interesting items or anything.

Chapter 8
12) Another great map, very cool addition to the original campaign. However, again not without flaws.
Fountains felt useless. I don't know, maybe without doing this side quest it won't be possible to upgrade to conduits in further chapters. But in this chapter I just never bothered to use fountains, their regen is just negligibly small. Fountains are basically conduits with extra health.

Chapter 9
13) I wish ally AI could be more useful. Most of the time he either keeps his whole army at the base or sends up to the orc base, where they get killed. I guess better functioning AI would make this map easier, but still.
Other than that - another great addition. Very atmospheric level design.

Chapter 11
14) This one I actually didn't like. I mean, this whole level is like one big messy fight, which is good and enjoyable on its own.
But the original map is more interesting, with all its little nooks with rewards, limited resources, unlockable passages and tricky defenses. Especially its defenses - in the original it was impossible to just go headfirst, your forces would be obliterated by Magtheridon's defenses. While in revamp you don't really care about generators and cannons assaulting your base, there's no need for any clever tactic or something like that. Just go forward and attack everything, that's it. Also allies are suddenyl super strong here. So strong that the first time I played, they killed Master of Pain before I even noticed that they got so far. Magtheridon himself also felt like a joke - there were too many units for him to be able to do anything.
1) Kael can upgrade his normal spells up to level 4, and his ult up to level 2. Upgrading ult doesn't change it in any way.
Trying to use "overupgraded" Flame Strike with verdant spheres active disables mouse cursor, so the spell can't even be used since it requires targeting.
2) From chapter 5 and onward Kael can't give mana to other units.
3) Lana'thel - Light's Mercy upgrading tooltip doesn't mention that its manacost will be increased.
4) The Eternal Hunt tooltip says "Click to use" but it does nothing.
5) Handmaiden - Invoke Madness can be casted on allies.
6) Don't know if bug or tooltip just not clear enough, but Whispers of the Old Gods having 100% chance doesn't really mean 100% for berserk and hp\mana restore. Actually, I haven't seen hp\mana restore work at all. And berserk apparently has its own proc chance and cooldown.
7) Units killed under the effect of berserk from Whispers of the Old Gods reward gold.
8) And they also lose all attack\defense upgrades. Sea giants and sea king also lose +500 hp while under berserk.
9) And in chapter 11 berserk'd units are neutral towards enemies, but hostile neutral towards my own units.
10) And also all naga heroes receive the icon of Whispers of the Old Gods, but it apparently has no effect on them. Either it should have effect or there shouldn't be an icon.
11) Sea Hag doesn't have icon of Whispers of the Old Gods, but is actually affected by it.
12) AI almost never researches any upgrades.
13) Naga AI is broken - they build 3 extra temples of depth and 1 extra altar on their base. And Thespia always just stays still at the base.
14) Archus active requires mana, but tooltip doesn't mention it.
15) Mur'gul Bloodgill heal hotkey is E.
16) Verdant Spheres doesn't actually increase spell level even though the tooltips of spells with spheres active change to that of higher level.
17) Legion Signet Ring and Verdant Spheres have shared cooldown.
18) Fel Potion doesn't replenish mana.
19) Greater Fel Potion actually deals 55 damage instead of 10% max hp, and then damage is also reduced by hero's innate spell damage reduction.
20) Fel Potion and Greater Fel Potion tooltip is incorrect - they replenish 150 and 300 mana respectively.
21) When priests have fel potions from Desperate Measures, researching Greater Mana Potion overrides that, so they have normal mana potions again.
22) Fel Flames doesn't do any AOE damage.
23) Dark Gifts gives +30 damage instead of +10.
Chapter 6
24) Ally Sedina just stands still doing nothing.
25) Most of the time allies just turn their whole armies and go back instead of attacking further.
26) Myrmidons spawned via Circle of Power don't benefit from +500 hp upgrade.
27) Mur'guls spawned via Circle of Power don't benefit from +20 hp and attack speed upgrades.
Chapter 8
28) Allies can capture fountain and attacking it to take it from them makes those allies hostile.
Chapter 10
29) Desperate Measures levels is reset to 0 (unresearched at all). Funny, but Dark Gifts bonus for heroes is kept.
Also, very confusing which version to use. The description states it's intended for 1.32.10, but then in the contents section individual maps all have Recommended version: 1.34
Great feedback

Macielos

Hosted Project: W3E
Level 18
Just finished the campaign, extremely well done till the end. Some feedback from me for the remaining missions:
09:
Diverse and entertaining mission with good dose of challenges.
  • Some Draenei caster upgrades have duplicated button positions, so when I click on one, another "hops" to its place
  • Pit lord stops in front of our base and doesn't attack any further unless there are targets nearby
  • When the spirit said about "his" regalia, I fully expected to be another one of these numerous "questgiver betrays you in the end" quests, but I was pleasantly surprised to receive a whole allied base. So, nicely done.
  • Wasn't Akama's ult supposed to be called "Life OR death" instead of "Life of death"?
  • Mass healing wave is totally OP, allowing easy almost deathless playthrough. Since healing wave was originally a hero's ability, it would improve the balance to nerf it a bit, e.g. making it heal a bit less damage or have only 1-2 hops.

10:
Fun, although surprisingly easy mission (on hard), especially as I played Draenei which I supposed would be the most challenging due to only one hero. All I had to do is help the two Dreanei villages and defend the only base entrace as my allies required absolutely no help whatsoever. I think the mission should either be a little bit longer (~30m? 45 even?) with really devastating enemy attack waves near the end of the countdown, or have a second part when we get Illidan under control and the allies counter-attack and have to annihilate the remaining enemy bases. It felt a little underwhelming when I didn't even explore a large part of the map and the countdown came to a end. Longer defence would also give time for more tactical dilemmas between destroying more enemy bases or gates so that they don't swarm you in the end, or focusing on defence more.

11:
Epic culmination, far more dynamic and enjoyable than the original due to allied mechanics and availability of goldmines. Nothing to complain about here, maybe except Maghteridon himself who could've been stronger and with some fast respawning personal guard so that our allies wouldn't have so easy time when left to attack him on their own. EDIT: and I agree with the nv4, the allies could definitely use a nerf here, so they're able to hold on their own, but not make any significant progress without the player. This actually could be applied to several previous missions, especially AI Naga could use less high-tier units so that Blood Elven/Draenei player's role is bigger.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hello, sorry to bother, i'm new in Hive and i'm really interested in that Curse of the Blood Elves Revamp. But i can't figure out how to make it work. I know i must have the Reforged edition but i don't where to put the files so they would appear in game. Can you help me ?

Level 10
Hello, sorry to bother, i'm new in Hive and i'm really interested in that Curse of the Blood Elves Revamp. But i can't figure out how to make it work. I know i must have the Reforged edition but i don't where to put the files so they would appear in game. Can you help me ?
Hi. There are three things you should know:

1. You should place the maps into your game's folder. Usually it's something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps. Then you can open it in the game: single player -> custom maps -> etc.
2. You don't necessarily have to own Warcraft III: Reforged:

Version 1.32.10 and is intended for CLASSIC GRAPHICS. You do not need to own Reforged to play this but you must have a Legal copy of the game.

3. I you have Warcraft III: Reforged, you have to switch to the original graphics in the game settings, before you can lauhcn these levels.

I hope this is gonna work for you.

Last edited:
Level 4
I remember there being an extra interlude between chapters 10 and 11. At least based on Sevenblood's yt showcase. Anyone know what happened?
I also saw it on SevenBlood's channel and I thought it was from my version of wc3, the problem that I can't see it, but I think SevenBlood forgot to add it or didn't want to add it anymore

Level 2
Hi. There are three things you should know:

1. You should place the maps into your game's folder. Usually it's something like: C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps. Then you can open it in the game: single player -> custom maps -> etc.
2. You don't necessarily have to own Warcraft III: Reforged:

Version 1.32.10 and is intended for CLASSIC GRAPHICS. You do not need to own Reforged to play this but you must have a Legal copy of the game.

3. I you have Warcraft III: Reforged, you have to switch to the original graphics in the game settings, before you can lauhcn these levels.

I hope this is gonna work for you.
I can't, i tried to downoald it with Win Zip but it says to me it can't create a repertoire in C:\Program Files (x86\ Warcraft III\Maps\Curse of the Blood Elves REVAMP.

Level 29
I can't, i tried to downoald it with Win Zip but it says to me it can't create a repertoire in C:\Program Files (x86\ Warcraft III\Maps\Curse of the Blood Elves REVAMP.
There is a mistake here if I recall AkulaSubmarine's post. Maps should be placed in the "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps" folder. If you attempt to install the map on anywhere else than I mentioned earlier, it won't work.

Level 2
There is a mistake here if I recall AkulaSubmarine's post. Maps should be placed in the "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps" folder. If you attempt to install the map on anywhere else than I mentioned earlier, it won't work.
I did that, when i try to launch custom campaign in warcraft reforged, it black out and close. And then i have a window message telling that the game encountered a unexpected error.

Level 10
I did that, when i try to launch custom campaign in warcraft reforged, it black out and close. And then i have a window message telling that the game encountered a unexpected error.
These files are to be opened not as a campaing, but as custom missions. You have to put the in your maps directory, wehter it's in "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps" or in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps".

Level 2
These files are to be opened not as a campaing, but as custom missions. You have to put the in your maps directory, wehter it's in "C:\Users\[username]\Documents\Warcraft III\Maps" or in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III\Maps".
Ok, it's working now, thank you ^^

Level 11
Fantastic campaign, mate. Loved the worked you pulled here. Really enjoyed it!

Some levers are really well thought and the gameplay you added makes it so much fun! I really like you can choose what race to place as. Really nice techtree too (although BE are weaker, therefore a bit harder to play with but still fun).

I've played all on brutal but that one mission where Illidan channels the door and you get a horde of incomming foes. I still don't know what the strategy is...

I've tried rushing and killing the blademaster on the Left with the 3 BE heroes, went bot to get the demonway gate, destroyed some of the buildings orc to gain some time on that purple orc base, rushed to the draenai blue base, then to the other waygate. All that while leaving all my units + producing new units to defend the base, but it's just... I get wrecked :')

The second intent was just to mass build archers footmans and spellbreakers and tower up but still got all cornered up because mosnters were all around me lol.

And the last one was to just max up updates but was the least effective one.

I've manage to pass it on hard mode only.

Anyways, i'll check what other proyects you've worked on. Really fun.

Level 10
How do I play this chapter by chapter from map section and keep items and stuff that I gathered in the journey ?

Level 10
You don't need to do anything-- it automatically carries the game cache over.
Thank you, it works.

Anyone playing/played this campaign on Brutal difficulty? It's fairly challenging overall, but chapter Six is really difficult. I lost 3 times now, any tips? My Dranei and Naga allies are useless. Maiev's forces dumpster them and destroy the Dranei base. I even put a handful of towers to defend them and they still lose. How can I manage babysitting my allies and defending against the Fel Orcs and Demon attacks at the same time? Sounds like a steep demand. Allies refuse to upgrade their units, send waves of their units to their deaths and they suffer from resources shortage, unlike the enemy that spams legions of armies nonstop. Idk, sounds unwinnable on Brutal. And again, I have played the other chapters on Brutal and beat them.

EDIT: Finally managed to win on Hard difficulty. It was challenging, but on Brutal, it was impossible lol. Anyways, hopefully can win the next chapters on Brutal. We'll see. Again, this is the only chapter so far that seemed unplayed on Brutal.

Last edited:
Level 2
Hey man.. awesome campaign and love the creative things in it.. especially 'the crossing' mission was totally awesome.. but there are a few things that I would like to be modified for this campaign to be better than this..

~The ai just picks up items and drops them.. like for example i gave the archmages items from the prison mission to kael but i played as Naga in the crossing mission.. when I opted to play as blood elves in the search for illidan.. kael dropped them and picked some circlets and rings (this can be altered like when we swap factions the inventory of the other fation won't be changed)... Also in the search for illidan mission.. the ai wardens and maiev just picked up the watcher's glaives before I could.. and we couldn't get them back tbh..

~the spine arrows are way too op and could be nerfed a bit.. like 5% is way too powerful to kill anyone.. it can either be made an autocast arrows or maybe lower percentage..

Despite all this.. it's an awesome work with a lot of creativity.. enjoyed a lot playing this campaign

Level 23
The campaign is not compatible with my version 1.27
I tried it in the campaign editor too but it didn't open the campaign either. How can I play it and use it to my convenience?
For WHOM that was written? It's recomended to play on latest Wc3:Ref version, or possibly - on 1.31