• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Crosshaven

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Crosshaven:

Hi folks this is me , Xonthrias, and here is my redemption. I made this map like four or five months ago and it was more unplayable then playable. So i decided to correct the mistakes which i made like:
- Not locking heroes.
-Creating heroes that were way too op.
-Making a shitty template (though i doubt this one is much better)
-And leaving the map feel very unfinished and unpolished.
So without all of that said let's get into the details of the map.

Crosshaven is a melee altered map which uses custom units along with the standard melee units which are already in the game.
I have decided to add to each race a sub-race and they go as following:
The Orcs:
- The orcs have allied themselves with the gnoll tribes which sorround the area of the nearby forests to gain advantages on the battlefield.

The Humans:
- After defeating the nearby bandit camps that threathened the sorroundings of the nearby villages , the Humans offered the bandits a chance to atone their sins by letting them join the ranks of the human army and helping them defeat their enemies.

The Night elves:
-
Afraid that their precious forests might go extinct , The Night Elves have called upon ancient guardians to help them destroy the defillers of the land.

The Undead:
-
With so many Human settlements nearby it's not unbelieveable that some of the citizens are necromancers and cultists which answer the call of the Cult of the Damned. So when the first signs of the scourge arriving through the land were sighted the devout followers of the Cult of the Damned from the villages of Crosshaven united under one banner with one goal in mind: to spread the plague through the vale and to convert all its citizens into undead.
Contents

Crosshaven (Map)

Reviews
deepstrasz
I'm not pretty sure what's so altered about this melee. There are many spells which reside with all races. Units are cluttered in buildings amidst upgrades. Overall, neutral units added to the races, kind of haphazardly. The map's design is bad...

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I'm not pretty sure what's so altered about this melee.

1. Items lying about encircled by rock chunks. That is a target for everybody each game.
2. The terrain is flat and there are many wide spaces with little tile and doodad variation.
3. Some players are in an advantaged or disadvantaged position compared to others. The ones in the southwest and in the northeast have a gate, the southeastern one has less space to build and there is one in the middle which is most vulnerable. The player in the southeast also has less gold in the mine.
4. Mines have way too much gold. 100k!?
5. Knight and Bandit Lord have the same icons.
6. The Executor has many spells even from the other human heroes and can be summoned more than once. He/it doesn't have a hero glow. You could add one: How to add Hero Glow without Modeling Some of his spells don't have a proper description. Also, the first spell has the same icon as Holy Light.
7. Some players are closer to the fountains than others.
8. New units have incomplete or improper descriptions.
9. Spells which are passive should have a passive icon. Try finding some that fit your spells on this site.
10. The second bandit unit is called Rifleman and has that unit's description.
11. Bandit Lord is much more stronger than the Knight but takes less food.
12. Why are there upgrades for the Sorceress and Spell Breaker if they are not in the game anymore?
13. Apprentice Wizard's icon=Priest's.
14. The High Shaman suffers from mostly the same issues as the Executor. His selection scale is also too big.
15. Gnolls have the same icon and the Basher looks like there's a double of him on top of himself.
16. The Gnoll Wardens have the same icon.
17. Burning Oil on the gnoll should be available after researching the upgrade.
18. The Vampire Lord's ultimate is the first spell and it has no DISBTN. The disabled icon looks like a green square. I suggest using these programs to make a DISBTN if the imported icon does not have one:
Button Manager v1.8.2
BLP Lab v0.5.0
Complete Icon Tutorial - All About Icons
How to Make an Icon
19. Deathmage's icon like Skeletal Mastery and Skeletal Mage's. Model like Skeletal Mage.
20. Crazed Alechemist model and icon=Acolyte. Most spells like the Necromancer.
21. Deathmage and Necromancer both having Raise Dead.
22. First two units from the Ancient of War have the Grunt's description and title.
23. Ravager's Life Drain has no DISBTN. Set it in the Object Editor in the Abilities section.
24. The Mountain Giant and Tiny look the same.
25. Furbolg Mystic's Cyclone requires Naga Siren Training...
26. Yggdrassil is an uprooted Tree of Life.

There are many spells which reside with all races.
Units are cluttered in buildings amidst upgrades.
Overall, neutral units added to the races, kind of haphazardly. The map's design is bad.
There's little to nothing that this map brings to the altered melee scene. It doesn't really have any custom imported material (not that it would be absolutely necessary).

I advise you to learn from these:
Maps | HIVE
How to: Create a Full-working Custom Race

Competitive Melee Map
How to create Melee Maps
A Beginner's Guide to Map Making

Set to SubstandArt.

==================================================

Always check/recheck the Map Submission Rules! (Map Submission Rules)

These will help make a better description:

Screenshots could attract more players to download your work. Make the best of them.

A credits list is required where the names of the resource (models, skins, icons, spells, sound etc.) authors are mentioned along with the specific resource. It would be a luxury to have links leading to the used resources. Credits in the Quest Log would be appreciated.

A detailed changelog in the first post would be helpful to reviewers and notify fans about the newest implementations to your map.

To make your work run smoother, fix the so called leaks: Triggers - Memory Leaks and Custom Scripts

If you want more reviews, come here:
The Grand Review Exchange![/spoiler]