• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Contest - Bossfight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
A small WIP I made from the terrain, obviously it's made from a custom picked angle, on which the terrain looks on it's best.

I am still working on the terrain, so this is still rather basic.

The starting area in which you can select from your hero's to play with.

Hopefully I will have the first chunk of lore revolving around the demon inside my map, why it is here, what it's plottering etc.

Attachments

• bossfight.jpg
    bossfight.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 117
Level 13
My Submission name will be "Dusbklade Basin"

Here is the lore behind the map you are playing in.

Beyond the settlement of sha’latur lays the water basin of Dusbklade.
Within the basin, one of the nightelf’s most dedicated spell channeling resides.

For decades now A demon known as “Gagen” has been plotting an invasion on Dusbklade Basin.

As the clock hand moved another click, Gagen and minions where teleported directly into the middle of the elders.
Somehow Gagen had found a malicious way of being able to teleport through the barrier that protects the basin from the outside.
Gagen and his pets quickly overcame the elders, and was able to imprison them, to then learn them about his sinister ritual he was about to undertake, in order to gain the flow of the ancients.
One of the elders told Gagen he should be buried beneath his own ignorance for trying to control the flow,
for the flow of the ancients is an endless multiply plying flow when trying to be controlled by a humanoid body or form apart from the elders.

Gagen mysteriously laughed as he pulled out an artifact he had been crafting delicately for over his last years;
‘ This artifact endorsed with force comparable to a black hole, is able to suck in the flow of the ancients and maintain it no matter what size it would take’ , so Gagan explained.
Now Gagen’s final step is to perform a ritual to extract the flow from the elders.

Outside the basin at the settlement of sha’latur the bravest Chanters and Keepers are being called to heed the call of the nightelfs to stop Gagen from finishing his ritual.

Are you!?

It somewhat small perhaps, obviously there is going to be a full log about the demon "Gagen" small bits of his lore, his abilities and so forth.

Last edited:
Level 14
If the map is meant to be played with multiple players, then we need to play it with multiple players. Bosses will be entirely different (usually towards the worse) if you play it out of the range of the designated amount of players.

~Asomath

Level 40
General arena rules
That's a pretty stupid rule (can't find it anywhere either). This is an unofficial contest as well.

To prove that you have been working on the map, and so we can see what your up too. :D
Maybe the contestants don't want you to see? Also, it's pretty rare to steal maps for obvious reasons.

Meh, whatever.

Level 40
If thats what you feel like. but the argument 'what if you want?' or 'i don't want too' can be use for everything: 'what if i want' to download 20 resources instead of only 10? 'what if i want' to download a s huge system.
But those have to do with the making of the map itself rather than wanting to keep it a surprise. Requiring a WIP does not change the creative restrictions on a map.

There is a reson for wips and i stated them before. and i also see no reason for wip rules...
In art contests where theft is frequent, sure. I don't think there's a single recorded incident of code/map theft for a contest though. Like, ever, on any warcraft site.

Level 8
You must show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours.
That's a rule, present in every contest on the Hive. You can find it in the templates topic.

Level 40
That's a rule, present in every contest on the Hive. You can find it in the templates topic.
That's a template, from an art moderator. So it was adopted as a de facto standard just because some art moderator forgot that coding contests don't follow the same rules? You'll find many (most?) more experienced coders find such rules bizarre.

Meh, whatever.

EDIT: The general contest template doesn't have that line, only the rules, which were edited recently by an art moderator who really doesn't have any say over coding contests. This isn't so much about this contest any more as about artists thinking they know what coding contests' rules should be (They were added by Py quite recently to the coding contest rules in fact, and no one cared/wanted them before). (Most?) more experienced coders always have found such rules irrelevant and stupid for coding contests, for obvious reasons.

Level 15
Story

Just outside the volcano, uzog, lived a Clan of orcs by the name of Lavarock. The Lavarock Clan held the Fire God, Vulcan, above all other gods.
At one time there was a powerful cheiftan in the Lavarock Clan of orcs. This cheiftan boasted being the strongest, fastest, and toughest orc
out there, daring anyone to challenge him.

One day, during one of Cheiftan's, Gorfang, boasting sessions, a stranger wearing a cloak so none of features were showing laughed at Gorfang.It became deathly
still. The stranger told kilrog,if your as great as you say you are then why not battle me. If i lose you may kill me, but if you lose you shall
become my minion and reside with me in the volcano Uzog. Gorfang laughed "Of course i will face you. We shall meet in 1 hour at the arena." After a hour ticked
by the two opponents stood on each end of the arena. Gorfang had his many advisors talking to him, giving him advice, while The stranger just stood quietly on
the other end. Gorfang stood up roared and charged at the stranger. The Stranger flung off his cloak. to everyone astonishment in the crowd the stranger was
Zoggul, aformer clan member who had seeked demonic power so he could become more powerful than simple orc magic could grant. Zoggul had been banished many years
ago almost forgotten by the Clan members. As Gorfang was charging, Zoggul flung out multiple strings from his robes each one attaching to Gorfang. Each struggled
Zoggul trying to gain control of Gorfang, and Gorfang trying to ward off the demon infused strings. No one came to help in fear of being attacked and taken
control of. Finally Gorfang could take no more collapsing to the ground defeated. Zoggul announced "See fools? orcish brute force is no match for demonic magic."
Zoggul and his newly acquired minion Gorfang left the arena and walked back to Uzog, the home of Zoggul.

After months of argueing and bickering among the council, they decided to train an elite team of orcs to try and enter the volcano and slay Zoggul.
Are you one of them?

well thats the story i worked on for about 20 mins last night. give feedback

This isn't so much about this contest any more as about artists thinking they know what coding contests' rules should be (They were added by Py quite recently to the coding contest rules in fact, and no one cared/wanted them before). (Most?) more experienced coders always have found such rules irrelevant and stupid for coding contests, for obvious reasons.

I never added them. They were like that when I got here.

Level 6

Day of Determination

This century is the era of vampire, where the vampires are not afraid to show himself and hunt humans for their blood at night. No one is safe at night, except when he was home by closing all doors and windows (restrictions vampire, he can not enter the house closed, except for public buildings such as warehouses that became their headquarters).
As the day, the vampires remain unbeaten since special forces on their beds, coffins, which makes special protection. They were lead by Basilius Dracula, son of the elder vampire, Vlad Dracula. They are immortal beings, who can not killed by ordinary weapons, and 4 of our heroes have the weapons and the ability to do so ...

Statistic of Lord Basilius Dracula, Prince of Vampire

He is strong at night, and have devastating spell. His primary attribute is Intelligence. However, he has big DPS. He is melee. He have 6 spell:

Coming soon

Anyway, he is very weak with holy

PHASES COMING SOON

i'm go in this contest, just for fun and makes my first map on hive!

Level 13
A small little update for my entry.
I've been busy constructing my phase planner, so far I've got a set of 4 abilities on sketch and 2 phases.
Hopefully I will have the full phase planner written out by the end of this year.

Additionally, a small screenshot from the starting area in game, there are these gaint gaurdians marching around at the starting position giving it more of an "epic" feeling.

Attachments

• dusbklade_basin.jpg
    dusbklade_basin.jpg
    838.5 KB · Views: 84
Level 19
/me has loads of idea's
/me just doesn't have any demon idea's
/me feels sad
/me wishes there was a way to avoid demon while using demon aswel!
/me thinks...

N.O

N.O

Level 6
A WIP picture shall be shown very soon by epic meh..... I also generate my own terrain with triggers almost all of the time, it allows for more possibilities I prefer to think.

Level 8
me and my partner pull out we lost all our trigger work. all we have is the terrain after my 6 year old brother threw a water bomb at me and it hit my comoputer. on a laptop atm and it can barley run wc3 on lowest graphix so will take to long to get it all back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.