• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Conspiracy of the century?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Care to enlighten me on as to how the solar storm can get worse than what I said? 'Tis an interesting topic.

Also a massive solar storm could come at any given time. The chances just vary.

Sadly, I don't remember the exact details either. But I'm sure I read that the magnitude is random.

Level 15
2012 isn't the end of the world.

2018 is! zomg

why? in 2000 the world was to end, also the date 6/6/06 was another doomsday (less popular) and have you noticed something yet? there is 6 year's in between all these failed doomsdays, with 2018 being the last 6.

666!

funny-pictures-zomg-run-cat-woman-screams.jpg

Level 6
Actually the end of the world is in 2038... That is true. There's an asteroid that passes by earth every... I dunno, few years. And In 2038 it WILL collide with earth.

However, by then I'm sure we've figured out a way to alter it's course.
But it's a scary thought knowing soming is heading for us, and if it does hit, we're all dead. :smile:

Level 12
Actually the end of the world is in 2038... That is true. There's an asteroid that passes by earth every... I dunno, few years. And In 2038 it WILL collide with earth.

However, by then I'm sure we've figured out a way to alter it's course.
But it's a scary thought knowing soming is heading for us, and if it does hit, we're all dead. :smile:

Haley's comet?
Yeah, it keeps getting closer.

Level 5
Well, dinosaurs didnt die of comet alone, they said before the comet came the dinosaurs were doomed because of volcanos, diseases etc. The comet was the final blow, like a checkmate really.

-Religion is perfectly fine, but blind devotion to anything creates cults. Keep in mind that whatever Holy text one group has must be seen just as valid as that of any other religion, like lets say the Koran for example.

-I say if you deny evolution you are not only defying science, but religious advancement. Today religion is seen as conflicting with science, but why should the two be so separated? What is science but an explanation to how and religion an explanation to why? Stop trying to assault everything that goes against science or religion as untrue and shut yourself off from truth by a veil of ignorance. The two can be connected if you truly contemplate it. Many theories in science today still don't explain everything - the Big Band theory doesn't explain how all the universes matter was created, simply how it reached it's current state - Evolution doesn't explain how life exists, simply how it reached it's current state - the theory that lightning created the first cell on earth conflicts with many well established scientific theories and principals like how you can create an organic substance or even the structure of something organic from non-organic materials but you can't create something truly living from non-organic substances, life requires other life exist.

-The Bible is an interesting read but really you shouldn't take every word literally, perhapes the Bible was brought to a level that which people of that time could understand simply to allow the religion to start? Think of it, what happened to people how brought up true yet unpopular ideas in olden times - they were killed, shunned or exiled. If the Bible was originally written to include evolution, then Christianity would never have flourished like it has to current times. Nothing says it can't be metaphoric.

-Most modern religions have the same components when you get down to it-
ex- the idea of God
Christianity: an all powerful omniscient God
Islam: same as Christianity
Buddhism: Im no expert on Buddhism but from my understanding God in Buddhism is a bit less clear then those portrayed in religions like Christianity but there is the idea of an intangible force in life.
Hinduism: Like Buddhism with the whole force thing, but with more representations.

Most modern religions have this underlying concept, who's to say they're not all the same God just represented differently based on region?

And about Global Warming, this same little thought has appeared in pretty much every forum with a large number of people from the same type of person: the extremist Republican persuaded by people like Glenn Beck and the Oil Companies. You shouldn't hold a grudge against these sorts of people since they can't think any different - they're casualties to the current political system.
-If you believe Global Warming doesn't exist then why don't you go to all the other consequences of air pollution from human activities like acid rain, smog, etc.
-To the idiots suggesting a hotter Earth is better - screw you. I mean it, screw you. I direct all people like you to places where its warm year round, like Florida or some Middle American Countries. When its hot in these places, ITS HOT. The weather is miserable, there's constant downpours (warm rain of course so no relief here) and the insects such as mosquito's are bountiful. All you see is beaches and babes, which are nice to visit every once in a while but high temperatures like this every day SUCKS. Thank God for colder regions, I don't know what I'd do without winter every year.
-Global Warming is not a "We're all gonna die by being baked" sort of thing. It's a heating up the earths temperatures can cause massive damage to the natural cycle of things and flood many low lying areas.
-Oil = Technological Fossil. Oil is outdated, old, archaic when compared to computers. We have seriously had the technology to not use oil since the car was invented (look it up, the Original Model T Ford came in an Electric and a Gas model).
-The statements that people have used to claim Global Warming doesn't exist are often taken WAY out of context
-Glenn Beck and company are doing more damage to the republican party then good, I don't care how but these idiots need to fall from grace somehow, someway.

Just some food for thought

Level 40
-Religion is perfectly fine, but blind devotion to anything creates cults. Keep in mind that whatever Holy text one group has must be seen just as valid as that of any other religion, like lets say the Koran for example.
Religion is pretty much blind devotion to something by definition. Religions are state-approved cults; however, cult should not be synonymous with evil/insane.

-I say if you deny evolution you are not only defying science, but religious advancement.
Erm, religion shouldn't "advance". That's effectively changing the past (in the eyes of those who believe that their holy text does indeed describe the past).

Today religion is seen as conflicting with science, but why should the two be so separated?
Because science attacks religion?

What is science but an explanation to how and religion an explanation to why?
Erm, religion is as much or more so an explanation of how as an explanation of why. For example, genesis does not document why the Christian god creates everything; it documents how he does.

Stop trying to assault everything that goes against science or religion as untrue and shut yourself off from truth by a veil of ignorance.
What?

The two can be connected if you truly contemplate it.
The two can be connected through doublethink and fallacy, or a desire to not "offend" people for political/cowardice reasons.

Many theories in science today still don't explain everything
Because a theory's job is not to explain everything.

the Big Band theory doesn't explain how all the universes matter was created, simply how it reached it's current state
And the Theory of Gravitation does not explain why the sky is blue. This is not a failure of the Theory of Gravitation; it is a failure of your understanding of what a theory is.

Evolution doesn't explain how life exists, simply how it reached it's current state
Because it doesn't attempt to explain how life came to be.

the theory that lightning created the first cell on earth
Which is a hypothesis, and is not by any means the only one.

conflicts with many well established scientific theories and principals like how you can create an organic substance or even the structure of something organic from non-organic materials
Seeing as both are just molecules, that is rather obvious.

but you can't create something truly living from non-organic substances, life requires other life exist.
Do you even know what an organic molecule is? Hint: it doesn't have to be alive. Also, life does not require other life to exist.

-The Bible is an interesting read
Yes, and gruesome.

but really you shouldn't take every word literally,
Because that would, after all, indicate that it's full of shit.

perhapes the Bible was brought to a level that which people of that time could understand simply to allow the religion to start?
Or perhaps it's because they were a bunch of bronze age farmers who had no idea how the world worked and wanted to explain it by making shit up.

Think of it, what happened to people how brought up true yet unpopular ideas in olden times - they were killed, shunned or exiled.
Same with false yet unpopular ideas; religion proves this.

If the Bible was originally written to include evolution,
Which would be hard because nobody thought it up until the nineteenth century.

then Christianity would never have flourished like it has to current times.
Oh? I'd like to see you justify this.

Nothing says it can't be metaphoric.
Nothing says it should be either.

-Most modern religions have the same components when you get down to it-
That's because those components are pretty much the definition of what a religion is. You're pretty much saying "things within the same category have features in common" and expecting it to sound insightful rather than sound like a tautology (which it is).

ex- the idea of God
Christianity: an all powerful omniscient God
Islam: same as Christianity
Well, seeing as Islam is derived from Christianity I'm not exactly surprised.

Buddhism: Im no expert on Buddhism but from my understanding God in Buddhism is a bit less clear then those portrayed in religions like Christianity but there is the idea of an intangible force in life.
And how is that necessarily a god? You're pushing it here.

Hinduism: Like Buddhism with the whole force thing, but with more representations.
Nah, Hinduism has gods.

Most modern religions have this underlying concept, who's to say they're not all the same God just represented differently based on region?
Because some are polytheistic, some are monotheistic, some believe gods to be the ultimate force, some believe gods to be simply more powerful, and most of the similar ones are similar because they stole from each other.

And about Global Warming, this same little thought has appeared in pretty much every forum with a large number of people from the same type of person: the extremist Republican persuaded by people like Glenn Beck and the Oil Companies. You shouldn't hold a grudge against these sorts of people since they can't think any different - they're casualties to the current political system.
I don't hold a grudge against them. I just think they're deluded idiots.

-If you believe Global Warming doesn't exist then why don't you go to all the other consequences of air pollution from human activities like acid rain, smog, etc.
These have what to do with global warming (barring common cause)?

-To the idiots suggesting a hotter Earth is better - screw you. I mean it, screw you. I direct all people like you to places where its warm year round, like Florida or some Middle American Countries. When its hot in these places, ITS HOT. The weather is miserable, there's constant downpours (warm rain of course so no relief here) and the insects such as mosquito's are bountiful. All you see is beaches and babes, which are nice to visit every once in a while but high temperatures like this every day SUCKS. Thank God for colder regions, I don't know what I'd do without winter every year.
I think you misunderstand what global warming really means just as much as these people do.

-Global Warming is not a "We're all gonna die by being baked" sort of thing. It's a heating up the earths temperatures can cause massive damage to the natural cycle of things and flood many low lying areas.
Define damage. It would switch it around, which is fine from the planet's perspective but bad for ours and many other life forms'.

-Oil = Technological Fossil. Oil is outdated, old, archaic when compared to computers. We have seriously had the technology to not use oil since the car was invented (look it up, the Original Model T Ford came in an Electric and a Gas model).
Not only was the Model T not the first car, but oil is used because it's convenient, not because it's new or the only option or something.

-The statements that people have used to claim Global Warming doesn't exist are often taken WAY out of context
No shit?

-Glenn Beck and company are doing more damage to the republican party then good, I don't care how but these idiots need to fall from grace somehow, someway.
Good luck with that.

Just some food for thought
Mostly food for rebuttal.

My do you have time PurplePoot

Do you even know what an organic molecule is? Hint: it doesn't have to be alive. Also, life does not require other life to exist

Yes I understand the difference - Basically an Organic Molecule has carbon in it. I was more going for a you can't make something living from something thats not living.

Nothing says it should be either

Nothing truly says anything, its all up for interpretation

Which is a hypothesis, and is not by any means the only one.

That was just an example, I know theres multiple hypothesis's for this

And how is that necessarily a god? You're pushing it here.

Some intangible force at work shaping everything, even though it's not represented as a person its basically the concept of some outside force with power over the world.

I think you misunderstand what global warming really means just as much as these people do.

I was simply responding to idiotic statements about why hot weather would be better. I know its nothinc drastic like this

Nah, Hinduism has gods.

I know but they explain them as representations of the overall force thing, I think its called "Bramen"

These have what to do with global warming (barring common cause)?

Nothing with global warming, but people often act like Global Warming is the only issue with Carbon pollution

I don't hold a grudge against them. I just think they're deluded idiots.

Can't argue here

Not only was the Model T not the first car, but oil is used because it's convenient, not because it's new or the only option or something.

Once again interpretting what I say literally. I know the Model T wasn't the first car but it was an early and first mass produced car, thus the first car available to the masses.

Because some are polytheistic, some are monotheistic, some believe gods to be the ultimate force, some believe gods to be simply more powerful, and most of the similar ones are similar because they stole from each other.

Hey its all up to interpretation. Some people argue that Christianity is Polytheistic because of the whole concept of God the Father, God the Son and The Holy Spirit.

Which would be hard because nobody thought it up until the nineteenth century.

I was going along with the whole idea that the words of the Bible were inspired into its authors by God, going along with this if Evolution was meant to be in the original Bible then wouldn't it have been inspired when it was written?

Same with false yet unpopular ideas; religion proves this

This is general to all unpopular ideas in old times

And the Theory of Gravitation does not explain why the sky is blue. This is not a failure of the Theory of Gravitation; it is a failure of your understanding of what a theory is

I really don't think you understood what I was trying to say with this post.....

The two can be connected through doublethink and fallacy, or a desire to not "offend" people for political/cowardice reasons.

F@#$ being Politically Correct. Seriously, f#$@ that s@#@.

Because science attacks religion?

Because religion attack science?

Erm, religion shouldn't "advance". That's effectively changing the past (in the eyes of those who believe that their holy text does indeed describe the past).

Consider a religion the same way you consider a philosophy, advancement is possible

Religion is pretty much blind devotion to something by definition. Religions are state-approved cults; however, cult should not be synonymous with evil/insane.

Blind devotion is what you make of it, keep an open mind and you can avoid this

Level 40
Yes I understand the difference - Basically an Organic Molecule has carbon in it. I was more going for a you can't make something living from something thats not living.
It's pretty clear that you can. Also, define living.

Nothing truly says anything, its all up for interpretation
Well, to believe that the bible is metaphorical you have to kind of discount the part of the bible which says it's the word of god and all.

That was just an example, I know theres multiple hypothesis's for this
Misportrayed as if to pathetically attempt to discredit the science.

Some intangible force at work shaping everything, even though it's not represented as a person its basically the concept of some outside force with power over the world.
Physics is my new god (although I am apparently a polytheist; four intangible forces shape everything as far as we can tell, rather than a single one).

Nothing with global warming, but people often act like Global Warming is the only issue with Carbon pollution
So?

Hey its all up to interpretation. Some people argue that Christianity is Polytheistic because of the whole concept of God the Father, God the Son and The Holy Spirit.
But they are all the same person according to the bible.

I was going along with the whole idea that the words of the Bible were inspired into its authors by God, going along with this if Evolution was meant to be in the original Bible then wouldn't it have been inspired when it was written?
Or maybe Christianity is just full of shit. Ever considered that alternative?

I really don't think you understood what I was trying to say with this post.....
Apparently not.

Because religion attack science?
No, because religion contradicts science and expects people to believe it just because.

Consider a religion the same way you consider a philosophy, advancement is possible
And contrary to the point.

Blind devotion is what you make of it, keep an open mind and you can avoid this
I don't think you realize what an open mind is. Blind devotion is not "what you make of it"; it is easily described.

Dude, its obvious that you completely missed the point of my first post, I wasn't preaching or trying to convince anyone anything, just trying to get some of the other people who started getting into the whole "well the Bible is the best source of information" debate to keep their minds open to new things. Since you obviously have nothing better to do then go through and "Fact Check" everything I say why dont you just go ahead and drop it now. On every website there's always the Atheist guy who thinks himself better then everyone else simply for his beliefs (one of the points they always use to argue against religion.....) and will search through whatever you say, ANYTHING you say to find some small error and satisfy their own ego.

Look, I'm sorry for even bringing that up and I'm not going to stay here and get into some "list fight" where we go back and forth contradicting each other since no matter what I say, you're so convinced in your own right that nothing I say matters (another point always used to argue against religion). Let's just drop this here before it gets any worse and simply turns into spam in a forum that has a completely different topic

Level 20
ust trying to get some of the other people who started getting into the whole "well the Bible is the best source of information" debate to keep their minds open to new things.
That was people joking around, by the way.

On every website there's always the Atheist guy who thinks himself better then everyone else simply for his beliefs
Didn't you see? Poot believes that there are four gods.

(one of the points they always use to argue against religion.....)
Yeah I think you're describing the wrong side here.

and will search through whatever you say, ANYTHING you say to find some small error and satisfy their own ego.
Some small error? He found many large errors is your posts.

you're so convinced in your own right that nothing I say matters
Maybe you should try considering what he's saying.

Let's just drop this here before it gets any worse and simply turns into spam in a forum that has a completely different topic
That's what we do around here.

Level 7
OT: I think there is no big conspiracy.

@2012: It's just bullshit, solar storms happen all the time. If there will be a big one, then we can enjoy a big aurora.

About the magnetic shift: the last one was 780000 year ago, so when you say that the poles are going to chance than that process has probably started thousands of years ago, and because of this it will be very hard to determine when exactly the earth magnetic field will disappear.

About the climate, no opinion. I'm not sure yet it's just invented by the media or that there really is a problem. Searching for enough energy resources will probably be a much bigger problem in the future, at least until we finally are able to make a stable nuclear fusion reactor.

About religion, my opinion is too not try to change people beliefs. You will probably not succeed anyway. I personally believe in nothing except what science has proven, or logical things that science postulates and aren't counter proved,(i don't know correct word) like the laws of Newton.

Last edited:
You guys lost with you walls of text, so I'll just stay on topic here.

It's snowing right now in central Texas. It never has done that in my entire lifetime. Oh those polar ice caps sure are melting! Idiots

Well thats the type of logic that allows so many people to misinterpret Global warming.

-Don't you guys have better things to do then make long lists of arguments towards my post's? If you really do feel your opinion or whatever you want to call it is better/more important/more true then why do you even bother going through all the trouble?

Level 40
Aaand this thread has been officially ruined by religion.

Complete bollocks.
Are you implying that there was any content in this thread to ruin? If so, I wholly disagree.

Dude, its obvious that you completely missed the point of my first post, I wasn't preaching or trying to convince anyone anything, just trying to get some of the other people who started getting into the whole "well the Bible is the best source of information" debate to keep their minds open to new things.
They were trolling...

Since you obviously have nothing better to do then go through and "Fact Check" everything I say why dont you just go ahead and drop it now.
Jeez, saying the truth, those stupid elitists who insist on what we say being... grounded in reality. Pah, idiots.

On every website there's always the Atheist guy who thinks himself better then everyone else simply for his beliefs (one of the points they always use to argue against religion.....) and will search through whatever you say, ANYTHING you say to find some small error and satisfy their own ego.
Ad Hominem argument, among other things. You're only embarrassing yourself here.

Look, I'm sorry for even bringing that up and I'm not going to stay here and get into some "list fight" where we go back and forth contradicting each other
Just because we both disagree with the other does not mean our posts are of equal value. I'm sorry, but not all opinions are equal. Hate to break it to you that the real world isn't what they told you in primary school.

since no matter what I say, you're so convinced in your own right that nothing I say matters
A common misconception from people such as yourself. You spout bullshit and expect me to eat it up, and call me closed minded when I demonstrate that you, sir, are an idiot.

(another point always used to argue against religion).
You mean that religious people are stuck in their beliefs? Fair enough.

Let's just drop this here before it gets any worse and simply turns into spam in a forum that has a completely different topic
Define "worse". I think your definition of "worse" is very different from mine.

Level 12
My God Poot. You live to kill fun. Go get the next patch you souless machine.
On another note.....
Global warming is bogus. My tutor says is it really only effecting the poles because the earth's spinning puts the gases to the top and the bottom, but I'm sure you have to say something back...

Level 6
Let me put this in a way so that it's easy to understand:

Number 1 reason of Global Warming in the Universe = Lack of protection against a scorching sun.

Same thing applies for our planet. Then it's up to you to put the pieces together and figure out why we lack a proper protection from the sun right now.

Level 6
We can't stop it, but we can stop accelerating it.

That "acceleration" we're currently causing is so subtle that it makes little difference. Either Generation 7 will experience the utterly destroyed ozon layer, or Generation 10. Either way it WILL happen, and someone will be affected by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.