• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Condemned Entertainment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
If you haven't read our latest News article at Wc3:WoW's website, you probably aren't aware that the Wc3:WoW Team (Along with the Apocalypse Development Team) has merged into a newer and bigger team called "Condemned Entertainment".

Condemned Entertainment is a development team which was formed by me and Ragingspeedhorn a while back while working on Apocalypse. It was planned to be the team name for Apocalypse, but I wanted the team to be more. Something bigger and more benefitial than past modding teams made. So I waited for Wc3:WoW to weaken (Not intentionally) for me to have the new organization emerge from Apocalypse. The team's merging started about two or three days before it was actually announced on the website publicly. So far, all Condemned Entertainment employees are comfortable with the move, however, a good deal of them are a bit nervous about might having to work on more than one project now.

What is Condemned Entertainment's plan? First we wish to complete either Wc3:WoW or Apocalypse to a status which we can release it to the public. Prepare it for an Open BETA if you will. After we've finished one of them and have gotten the other at least half-way to an Open BETA, we are going to begin preparing the development team for beginning the creation of our own game! What form of game (.exe/Flash/Java/etc.) we will make is still unknown, however. Only time will tell! Get the latest about it at our forum!

Anyway, the new team has its own website and forum set up. There, you'll soon be able to gather all of the information you'll need!

~Craka_J

Level 25
This and Apocalypse are both under heavy development, but the work force that is working on Wc3:WoW is much bigger. A little after the first Closed BETA in May is launched, we'll probably shift our focus to Apocalypse for a bit to keep that one moving.

~Craka_J

Level 5
Sounds good. Do we have a new approx for Open Beta and any news on the online version?

Level 12
Wow this makes it sound all so professional

For a second there I almost thought there was money involved xD

Level 25
If Condemned Entertainment sustains its dedicated team of developers even after Wc3:WoW and Apocalypse's completion, I will be willing enough to invest some money to purchase things needed such as game development equipment and so on. Perhaps when the game is around mid development, payment to the developers may be introduced. Depends how poor or rich I am. Heh.

~Craka_J

Level 34
Will this team continue on to SCII? If you ever completed wc3:WoW, wc3 would be a bit out-dated and you would probably move on to SCII.

No offense Craka, as much as I love wc3:WoW, I really think your members and even you will move onto SCII well before you complete any wc3 mod.

Level 25
A good number of us have confirmed to dedicate ourselves to Wc3:WoW until it at least gets to its first official Open Beta. After that, we may consider making a mod or two for StarCraft II as well. But now is not a good time to begin devising plans for ANOTHER mod. :p

~Craka_J

Status
Not open for further replies.