• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Condemned Entertainment is Recruiting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 25
Note to the Moderators: If this is at all in violation of the rules, please inform me and I will modify or even delete the thread myself. If there are any rule violations, I sincerely apologize and will accept any infractions for my faults.

Condemned Entertainment is currently recruiting skilled and talented people where ever we can get them for one of our largest projects yet. What project? I'll leave it up to your imagination, but I assure you, it's a groundbreaking project and if you're interested - as well as capable - in developing large game-related projects, now is your chance!

Please keep in mind when applying
We want people who are and know that they are good at what they're applying for. If you're another "I'm willing to learn this position, even though I'm not that good at it yet" guy then you're useless to us. If you've got skill, talent, and maybe experience, you're a potential applicant. Please take into consideration that the job you'll be doing will be both fun and demanding. Sometimes it may even be time consuming. If you do apply or plan to apply for any of the positions in Condemned Entertainment, be prepared to actually do your job which you are applying for. Please provide samples you've made in the field you're applying for to prove you are good enough to join! No proof? No acceptance!

Benefits from being on our team may eventually lead to you getting paid for your work, unless you aren't an active and dedicated member.

The following positions are currently available and ready to be filled:
  • Concept Artist - Condemned Entertainment is in need of a talented Concept Artist who can draw from imagination and also must be able - as well as being willing - to draw pictures based on description(s). Characters, structures, and environments. They're all needed, really. If you're able to use cartoony styles in your art as well, that's a plus.

• C++ Programmer - Condemned Entertainment currently is in need of a programmer or two with very good C++ language knowledge. Programmers will be expected to know how to create applications, game-related content, and other things within that range. If you're interested in programming things like games in C++, apply now!

• UI Artist - Our project will be totally unalike the WarCraft III style and setup and the User Interface will not be setup to be like an RTS. Think along the lines of a medieval FPS or RPG!

• 3D Artist - Are you good with 3DS Max 2007+, Maya, or Zbrush? If so, then you've already caught our interest! 3D Artists will be given tasks to do both high and low poly models (unless you prefer one or the other) of characters, structures, environment, and others. If you prefer to create only characters or whatever, then that is no problem. We're in need of more artists in just about every field there is.

• Texture Artist - We're in need of very good texture artists who are very good with Photoshop CS3 and own a tablet. You must have experience with drawing with a tablet and we will not accept ANY beginners or people who want to learn. If you've got what it takes, apply now!

• Wc3:WoW - The largest WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne mod to date in development. Its release highly anticipated by nearly a thousand or perhaps more fans.

• Apocalypse - A very complex sci-fi team survival mod for WarCraft III: The Frozen Throne where a number of players from the future with advanced weaponry make their stand in the city to defend and defeat the hordes of massing zombies.

Contact Information:
MSN Messenger - [email protected]
Yahoo Instant Messenger - [email protected]
Email - [email protected]

Last edited:
Level 25
1. I'm not quite sure what you mean. Please explain your question.

2. We have about three Programmers. We're still looking for more though; the more the better!

3. I currently fill the following positions:
  • Lead Designer
  • Lead Level Designer
  • Concept Artist
  • Story Designer
  • Project and Team Management
  • Forum administrator and moderator

4. No comment. Sorry.

5. I'll be doing most of the payment since I am the head of Condemned Entertainment, but our producers may also chip in if interested and if necessary.

Ragingspeedhorn is considering dropping out from the team.
Ragingspeedhorn has been very busy with other things in his life, but will be back to work with Condemned Entertainment afterwards.

Last edited:
Level 21
I'm pretty much a vjass expert, but I'm not willing to do things in normal jass. Not because I can't but because it's too much a pain in the ass.
I'm also an experienced C++ programmer although there are certain fields I have little to no experience at (mainly GUI). But apparently it's easy to make GUI's in visual studio, so I'll check that out when the time is there to create a gui. If you talk about c++ programmers, what exactly are you thinking of? All I know of condemned entertainment is that they are making mods for warcraft 3, and as far as I know, no c++ is needed there. So why exactly is that position open?

An example of my work is the grouping system (at spells section here) in vjass, but I don't have anything c++ related to really show. For example, I've made an xml parser, but you can't really "show" anything fancy with an xml parser...

Level 25
C++ Programmers will be playing a very big part in our development team and are required in order for us to progress. What do we need them for? I'm afraid that kind of information is classified and I cannot disclose any information on what they would be used for until they are accepted onto the team officially.

As said by Hawkwing, we have our reasons.
------------------------------------------
Eleandor and Nudl9, it'd be helpful for you to post or Private Message me samples of your work so I can review your work and judge whether you've got what it takes. Thanks in advance!

Level 24
A little problem have occured which might delay the concept a little more.
I accidently merged the white background layer with the shading layer.
Which leaves me a problem with the coloring part :/.

I might be able to fix the problem, but its pretty time craving, unless you dont got a problem with a colorless concept.

Level 45
Whats funny is I am very sure you have no actual set projects or solid ideas. You get ideas first which includes concepts, strategies, plans to create a solid, stable and realistic project. THEN you recruit people. From what iv read you clearly dont know what the hell you are doing and making excuses to grab some mediocre working teens who dont know how to work professionally at all.

Level 13
I migth could take the Webmaster job, i got much much time in my hands:
Monday: 12:50 to 16:00 and 19:00 to 20:00 <--- But i migth have something else to do!

Tuesday: 11:40 to 13:20 and 14:00 to 18:30 and last 19:10 to 20:00

Wednesday: 13:50 to 16:35 and 19:00 to 19:50

Thursday: 13:50 to 18:20 and 19:00 to 19:45

Friday: (NORMALLY) 13:00 to 18:20 and 19:10 to 19:50 Maybe i have to do something with my family

Saturday and Sunday (if i dont work) 7:50 to 18:20 and 19:20 to 19:40-50.

NOTE:

I dont wanna get paid, if i do the job well i just earned something my self!

Please ask if u want to know anything...

Level 26
Right... so essentially you're generalising and calling ME an idiot? I sense some manner of irony there.

I was interested at one point, but you, being the incredibly gifted 'team leader' as described by your 'thousand and two point six eight' fans, neglected to respond. Somehow, I'm not particularly surprised that most members have dropped out from the aforementioned 'company'. Hell, these quote marks are great.

I fail to see how these questions are pointless. 'twould be great practice to at least learn to spin some bullshit, instead of evading the question. Perhaps if you'd answered right from the beginning, none of this would happen. Yet you seem to cling to this idea that people will magically gravitate to you.

If you're not interested in the team, you are not worth my time to begin with.

Lulz. Well, that's one helluva mature attitude. You seem to forget that there are actually talented people out there in the wide world who DON'T want to be affiliated with you. For good reason, too.

Level 13
Craka_J, by a sample you mean... a test?

NOTE:

Can you actually report that post he just made?

Level 25
Craka_J, by a sample you mean... a test?

NOTE:

Can you actually report that post he just made?

By sample, I mean provide a link to a screenshot or, better yet, the actual file which will help prove that you can make things which challenge your skill(s) in the field(s) which you're applying for. As an example, if applying to become a webmaster, you must provide atleast one website they've created.

Level 13
I cant i made many websites but never hosted em, dont wanna pay, i just think i found one but then i have to pay LoL!

Level 21
Nowadays, a good website should use SQL & php, which means you'll need an sql server... I assume not everyone has one, right?

I also think a webmaster really isn't a priority job at the moment. We already have 2 and in the end, they don't get any games finished, which is what our primary goal should be.

Level 25
The website and project which the site is being made for are two totally different processes and do not affect, at all, the rate of the actual project's development. I just want a cleaner, more organized website that has a WoWish feel. Esb did a good job, but accidentally made it under the wrong site, and before he could redo the job, some life issues came up that kept him from helping us further.

It is not mandatory that we get a new webmaster, but it is extremely helpful and saves time to have one extra guy ready to work.

Level 25
High poly modelers are welcome to the team as well. But not all high poly modelers are good and I will need to see screenshots of previous models that are high/low poly which you've made. WC3 models do not impress me enough, unless they're REALLY well done.

Level 25
Both people who I know and don't know, really. I like doing background checks on people I don't know so well to ensure they don't have bad history such as leaving teams without notifying the leader or something like that.

I've started looking for people at DeviantArt again too, so Hive isn't my only resource for recruitment... but neither is dA. :wink:

Level 7
Do you have any plans to develop more than just the 4 WC3 mods you have listed on your site? Seems a waste to recruit so much talent and put it into another WC3 map, I mean WCs great and everything but judging by your description of Condemned ent I had expected more.

I read your company page and this sounds like a great idea anyway and your obviously going about it with dedication and professionalism.

Level 25
About the four projects:
Wc3:WoW you obviously know is our primary focus of development.

Apcoalypse isn't going anywhere but down the drain.

Pirate Tag is declared complete 'enough'.

Marvel Nemesis is a project we forgot to take down and will get around to it eventually.

Status
Not open for further replies.