• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate - Poll

Vote for your favourite entries (multiple choice)!

• Stein123

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wisdom

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Eubz

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • -Grendel

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Naze

Votes: 6 19.4%
  • GreeNix

• PEEKAY

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Devin

• ZethHolyBlade

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

160036-albums4747-picture59500.png

concept%20art.png
contest.png
number.png
7.png

xMIUWlV.png

The Thing (1982) © John Carpenter

TWISTED FATE
The contestants are to draw/design a concept of a mutated human for a horror game/map, giving it a both obscure and terrifying/gruesome look.

contest%20rules%20and%20conditions.png

[Rules are "Strictly" applied here on this contest, Violators will be sanitized immediately.]

• NO submission may violate any of the Site Rules.
  • All submissions MUST follow the current theme. If any submission does not fit, the appointed moderator or contest's host will tell you as soon as possible as to avoid confusion. If you're not sure, ask up.
  • Your submission MUST be posted before the deadline. The post containing your final submission must also contain the following:
    • (REQUIRED) short description or lore, or character introduction.
    • Name of the drawing.
    • The file in the appropriate format (.PNG or .JPG (with first one having a lot more quality as a format itself)). You CAN NOT upload images outside of the Attachments function provided by this site, with the exceptions of following sites: Postimage.org, Cubeupload.com, Tinypic.com & Photobucket.com
  • You MUST show at least one unfinished preview of your submission, before the deadline, as proof that it’s yours (W.I.P - Work In Progress).
  • Your submission may not be started/made before the official launch of the contest. Art theft is NOT ALLOWED, and will result in DISQUALIFICATION and further sanitation. This also includes, but is not limited to, photo-manipulation, painting-over and tracing images.
  • Judges CAN NOT participate, but contest's host can either join the contest, judge or just be the host. Judges may, if they want, tag along and "pretend" that they're participating in order to sharpen their skills and get constructive criticism, but their entry will not be counted, even if the judge drops out.
  • Teamwork is NOT ALLOWED, but providing feedback to other contestants is strongly encouraged.
  • Make sure to state what is your entry. If you don't, the latest post will be regarded as it.
  • Background are allowed as long as they do not detract from the concept, and the concept should not depend on the background. Transparent backgrounds are also allowed.
  • Traditional & Digital Art is allowed; If this is Traditional Art, you must have a clear shot of your art (A scanner can be useful, but make sure your drawings must be smooth and clear, blurred ones must be edited to make it clear. You can also use the Sharpen filter to make it much more clear; Although, excessive sharpen filtering is not encouraged)

prizes.png

• 1st Place: 50 Reputation point(s) & An Award Icon.
  • 2nd Place: 30 Reputation point(s) & an Award Icon.
  • 3rd Place: 20 Reputation point(s) & an Award Icon.
  • Participation, Judges & Host: 5 Reputation point(s).

entries.png

1. Stein123's "The Man who touch the angels"
  2. Wisdom's "Dezmoz"
  3. Eubz's "Moaning Black-hand"
  4. -Grendel's "Corpus Pestilentia"
  5. Naze's "Faceless Horrors"
  6. GreenN!x's "Experiment 1337"
  7. PEEKAY's "Reverse Tetanus Infection"
  8. Devin's "General Cladius"
  9. ZethHolyBlade's "Kako Doll"
judges.png

1. The Panda
  2. DEE-BOO
  3. ~Nightmare
  4. Blood Raven
  5. Ardenian
  6. Deepstrasz
contest%20judging%20and%20voting.png

THEME
Does the artist take advantage of the theme, or is the vision unfitting?/15%

EXECUTION
Does the artist display the design in an effective manner, or is it hard to tell what is what? Are artistic techniques used effectively to make the character interesting, or does the style deteriorate the concept? Is the appearance of the design objectively pleasing, or is it of low quality?/20%

CONCEPT
Does the design offer a new creative approach, or is it generic and cliché? Does it have character, or is it just another boring design? Does the design make sense and fit the description, or is it necessary to read the title to understand?/40%

REALISM &
GORE
Does the design balance, or are the proportions impractical? Is the anatomy or construction correct, does it allow the character to move as it should, or is functionality disregarded entirely?/25%
TOTAL/100%
70 % of the winner shall be determined by the contest's appointed judge(s).
30 % of the winner shall be determined by the results of a public poll.
=100% Total Score

disclaimer.png
Inviting your friends to vote for you, bribing random members with reputation points and/or cheating otherwise with the vB Poll System will result in disqualification, black listing from future contests, deduction of reputation points and, in severe cases, an infraction.

This includes, but is not limited to, sending PMs out to various users, getting other people to send those PMs, advertising this contest on other sites with the intention to gain more votes (whether it is explicitly stated or not), and so on. If you are suspected of cheating, the staff will notify you and interrogate you (if necessary) over PMs.

Last edited by a moderator:
This will need a bit of rehash. Since this is the poll, it should follow that example.

Specifically the example of Contest Poll Template(with the appropriate contest category of course).
Months long poll? Well, a two week one would've been more appropriate since that's usually the period when most interested people exert their votes(everything that's longer basically just adds unneeded waiting time).

Anyway, back to topic. I'll give a vote some time later.
Good luck to the final entrants as well.

Roland

R

Roland

Yes! I'm too dumb at counting numbers and days so whatsoever. Sorry about it, I'll ask some staff to reduce the amount of Impatient-ness & It's to buy some time for the judges who are slow at writing their scorecards >,> (I love you Ardenian.)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

good luck guys.
the poll looks weird though :3

Level 11
I remember many years ago when there was a website called warcraftiii.net and I hosted the art thread for a couple of years (a 2-weekly thing we did for fun with other people) we used polls for choosing a single artwork at first

Time after people decided to use scores instead (similar to how the judges are probably scoring the artworks by now) and were asked (or obliged - can`t remember) to score every artwork... Hmmm, may have lost some of the details on how was it done back then but it did work for us until it lasted.

Roland

R

Roland

Sorry guys about this Poll error or something, But I'm contacting ralle or other Admins or Mods in-charge or concerned about this problem. To get the poll right. (I voted so quickly and Posted it so quickly cause I was in a hurry :p)

Roland

R

Roland

I'M NEW AT MAKING CONTEST AND IT'S MY FIRST TIME.
:( Sorry about the mistakes i've done.

Roland Contact the administrators or Ralle, they have the power to change polls and such. Then we can see the people who have voted for theirselves.
This. The poll must be one-choice, the duration about 10-15 days and the voters should be visible.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Here's the deal.

All the changes I can do post-live to the poll is edit the duration. I can also see who voted for who from the ACP, so I can take a snapshot of that when the voting is done and publish it here.

If we want to change it to one entry voting and to make the voters visible, we will need to strip the poll and start over from scratch.

Roland

R

Roland

@Staff: Please fix it, I've already contacted at the Staff/Admin Forums (So as Contacting Archian & Ralle), But the problem is they arn't answering, I only replied on my "Close Thread" Post.

@Voters & Participants: Thanks for voting guys, Me and the Judges have already started the Entry's Deliberation. Let's see who'll win or Lose :p The poll counts will be added on the results soon :)

Roland

R

Roland

NEWS:
Ardenian has officially backed off from judging. Although I assigned him on a different job to assist me :3

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
Edited the duration of the poll. It will now close 2016-03-14. It will unfortunately have to remain multiple choice because otherwise we would need to strip the poll and redo it from scratch.

I will post a snapshot from the ACP that details who voted for who when the poll closes. For reference, they look like this. whovotedforwho.png

Roland

R

Roland

admin.png
fladdermasken, Thank you for your Help, It's been an honor helping here :D

Let's wait for the results, Ardy and I ish having hard time at calculating the results and the scores on each judge's score-cards.

Level 30
There's a brick wall. I'd like the judges to post the results via PM to me instead.

I do not trust you any more, considering what you've did with this contest in specific and with clear avoidance and twisting of rules, to be capable or posting the results on your own. Besides, you mentioned that you're working with another person in order to calculate the results. Why would you share something that's meant to be private until released with someone else? Oh screw this up.

I'll notify the judges to send the reviews to me. And for you Roland, the hosting ends up here unfortunately.

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I do not trust you any more, considering what you've did with this contest in specific and with clear avoidance and twisting of rules, to be capable or posting the results on your own. Besides, you mentioned that you're working with another person in order to calculate the results. Why would you share something that's meant to be private until released with someone else? Oh screw this up.
Did you people at least talk to each other about this contest? Seems rather sudden to accuse someone of something especially when it's a first for that person.

Level 30
I've tried since the contest started. Roland needs to learn of acceptance and obligations, and when so happens, he'll be able to host a contest with very little or no moderator interventions.

Anyways. Voted for Zeth, as his drawing and lore appealed the most for me. Shame you couldn't find time to do it in PS too, but I love how traditional version has it's own depth.

Roland

R

Roland

Sigh, I apologize for my mistakes even tho I've made mistakes regarding on the contest MANY Times. But at least this is my first shot at hosting a contest. I've really disappointed some of the users here from all those Jazza and other famous artist sponsor-ships, I just wanted to have many contestants to join in and to show their Grotesque talents.

Roland

R

Roland

UPDATE: Polls have closed, Please wait for further notice for the results, The judges has released their scores. I'll be awaiting a GO signal from the assigned moderator.

Thank you for your Cooperation,
Roland

Roland

R

Roland

Aph, Are you gonna make the results instead? or... me? If it's me, Just give me an OK Signal on making the results after the judging

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.