• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

another wip. don't have any mouse atm, done the rest with mouse pad instead. i think the quaility is somehow dropped since it's quite hard to control the brush without a mouse. i appologize.
Contest.jpg

now i need to rest my hand for a while.

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Hey guys, I got updates for our epic sick contest :) Here's some lists of it.

• Since Joshia (Jazza) hasn't responded my Newgrounds PM, there's no chances that he's gonna drop by, Unfortunately, He's away it's because he's attending on a conference in Adobe HQ. Aand i'm declining the featuring of the art and the sponsor of him. Sorry guys. (I can't contact the other artists either since they can't reply my E-mail message.)
  • Instead of the sponsorship with Joshia, CubeBrush & Sam Green I'm gonna reward you guys the following apps.

1. 1st Place - Gets an Autodesk Sketchbook Pro 2011 + All my art resources
  2. 2nd Place - Gets an Paint SAI Pro
  3. 3rd Place gets all my templates from my files via Dropbox.
If you agree with this ^ Reward suggestion we would settle this then. :wink:

Thanks guys!

~Roland
Freelanced 2D Artist

Roland

R

Roland

I would recommend you to read my concept art rules in the first page buddy <3

Roland

R

Roland

I take the note that the programs on the prizes ain't pirated.
@Wisdom: Keep up the great work, I hope you do the best.

Level 10
Here's my WIP. I'm debating on how much colour I want to add; the idea is to leave stuff for the imagination to work rather than show everything. It also cuts down on the gore factor. The core idea is, "looks human at a glance, clearly not after the double take."
Captain.jpg

I'm imagining a steampunk horror game where this is the reveal of the mutilated captain of the game's airship.

Roland

R

Roland

Hey guys, Roland here, I'm sorry to say you guys that I can't be on-eyes on this contest, It's because my god damn aunty already disconnected the internet on the house, I'll try my way on "borrowing" money and try checking the contest on the computer shop instead :) (Although I'm on my grandpa's computer shop right now >,>)

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

Dezmoz - final entry

Lore
dezmoz , the name was given by a mad scientist who gave birth of this creature to the world. This strange creature is a mutation that is created from the experiments from his own son, to make the strongest living weapon that ever existed and unmatched to anything in this world. his skin and his muscle is very thick , even an huge explosion will not hurt him. he still able to stand although his been attacked many times . and his giant body is terribly scary and very intimidating to his opponents. he had a long scorpion tail looks like attached behind his body , which can be used to reach his opponent or throw the spike on the tip of its tail.
blablabla.jpg

Attachments

• blablabla.jpg
    blablabla.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 236

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

i don't know why, but do you think his legs looks kinda weird? may i have your opinions guys?

Roland

R

Roland

You should've updated the perspective angle of the demon's leg before submitting it.

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

ah well, then just let it be like that then. :xxd:

Roland

R

Roland

Regret of doing that & Make sure you finalize your entry before shoving it on my face -,-"

Lore
dezmoz , the name was given by a mad scientist who gave birth of this creature to the world. This strange creature is a mutation that is created from the experiments from his own son, to make the strongest living weapon that ever existed and unmatched to anything in this world. his skin and his muscle is very thick , even an huge explosion will not hurt him. he still able to stand although his been attacked many times . and his giant body is terribly scary and very intimidating to his opponents. he had a long scorpion tail looks like attached behind his body , which can be used to reach his opponent or throw the spike on the tip of its tail.
blablabla.jpg

Looks like NEMESIS of the Umbrella Corporation.
latest

Roland

R

Roland

There's a few-few-few days to go, If I were you guys (The participants who arn't submitting their entries yet) should hurry and finalize your entries.

Roland

R

Roland

I changed the Deadline to February instead to avoid slacking -_-"

Last edited by a moderator:

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

The contest shall begin on the 8th of November 2015 and conclude on the 1:00 AM, 25th of February 2016 8+ GMT - Greenwich Mean Time, Date is final, there's no more extension. [Changed deadline from March to February instead to avoid Slacking]

are you sure?

Roland

R

Roland

Make like some open organs and some excruciating pains to the character and more gruesome and squeamish layout.

Level 11
I see the deadline isn't over yet. Tell me something, I normally draw fantasy / dark-fantasy stuff but I'm not a stranger to horror themes. Still, would it be against the rules if the character itself is demonic in nature? I mean sure, its meant to be horror-themed but these creatures also showcase themselves in this genre.

I'll be grateful if you let me know :-D

Level 28
I think there is no problem! If the nature of your concept is demonic or fantasy-oriented it should be OK. I guess what matters most is that your submission shows some horrific condition that developed from a once healthy normal human. From the first post:

The contestants are to draw/design a concept of a mutated human for a horror game/map, giving it a both obscure and terrifying/gruesome look.

Let's see what you got! :D

Roland

R

Roland

I'm good with this unless if you follow my contest rules here.. Good luck and By February 25, 2016 there's a holiday here in my country so I'm able to observe the entries submitted lately.

Roland

R

Roland

I was gonna start the contest from June 5 to October 31. Sadly during that June shit, I was still in ban hiatus.

Roland

R

Roland

I find it fitting that when I revisit yall after too long of a period of time that there is a contest involving both art as well as writing. Please consider me a participant. Which forum is most appropriate to post upcoming WIP?
Pardon me, But are you certainly want to enter this competition? You do realize it's a half-way done. But sure, I can enter you, Unless you submit your entry immediately. precisely, this contest a Concept art with a background story of their characters.
This is the contest's thread. I reckon, here is the best place to post your work in progress.
By the upcoming months I might be inactive. Just read the further information in our Visitor Messages conversation.

Level 11
Work in progress

Here's my WIP for my entry:

http://i889.photobucket.com/albums/ac100/zh4ha/WIP_zps6rewm5u4.jpg

WIP_zps6rewm5u4.jpg

Time taken: 1:20 hours. It wasn't scanned btw, just took a picture with my cellphone camera (the flash will make some lines harder to understand or tell). I usually recommend ppl to take a careful look at things before commenting (yes there's too much crazed dettail, I love doing that).

I don't think this will be the final product since I'm interested in painting it with Photoshop... that however can take me days or weeks to finish, we'll see.

Damn I'm hungry now, better get me a burger :3

Roland

R

Roland

Take your time, I want you to submit it with a Picture of your character and a small lore. Then, I'll wait for the others.

Level 23

Cool, Are you using a blue pen for that or is that blue cause of the camera? (or is my monitor broken again, I wonder). Also, you should include a larger image of the last wip so we can bask in all its glory.

I'd suggest switchimg to imgur.com or just use the pastebin for uploading your images. Photobucket hosted images tend to break a lot. Either they get removed automatically or they force you to view it on their site.

Level 11
Cool, Are you using a blue pen for that or is that blue cause of the camera? (or is my monitor broken again, I wonder). Also, you should include a larger image of the last wip so we can bask in all its glory.

:grin: It's not your monitor that is broken atm hehe.

I took a picture with my camera and that's why it looks way too light blue. I scanned the artwork this morning and I've already fixed a few things using Photoshop CS before start colouring it:

Kakodoll.jpg

KakodollX.jpg

There are small changes such as increasing the left thigh's size and muscles shown, adding a bit more of fatty tissue here and there, decreasing the size of some wrinkles in the side of the face to avoid people thinking the head has the wrong proportions (It's only the skin after all).

It has also been uploaded in my dA page http://zethholyblade.deviantart.com/art/Kako-Doll-584971329 where I'm putting a short description that will be used as part of the Lore.

Roland

R

Roland

Pardon me, But you should make an entry inside in the contest only. Please make a small picture of your entry and a [box] lore [/box] please, oh, your picture is large but I love the outcome.

Roland

R

Roland

I'm not telling him to do but I'm just recommending it in my way :/ Alright then.
@Zeth: Keep up the good work :)

Status
Not open for further replies.