• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roland

R

Roland

@DEE-BOO: It's quite fine for me at least the entry was informative and decent.

Anyway, Here's my Final entry, I call it, "The Wistrom thing."

0Doodle (19).png

Edgar "Wistrom" Sunderland was a noble-prized Professor of Bio-engineering of Norway, He was involved with several confidential experiments In Norway, Untill one day he accidentally opened a sealed container containing a virus called "Dante's Worm (Container B-6D7) The worm resembles as a chest buster (Based in alien film) and has hundreds of tentacles enabling it to maneuver when in floor, The worm manage to host Edgar and became a twisted doctor copying thousands of Dante's worm to exterminate the human kind.

My entry is stupid.. god dammit.

Roland

R

Roland

@Windrunner29: I suggest you use hidden tags for each of your entry.

When submitting your final thread, I strongly NOT recommend you people to post your final entry in Stein123's portfolio (That's just
stupid
No offense.) There was a mistake when -Grendel submitted his final entry in stein123's sketches! thread. So please don't do it again. AND I'M NOT GIVING ANYMORE CHANCES on the Concluding date/time of 12:00 MN, 13th of March 2016 8+ GMT - Greenwich Mean Time.

Roland

R

Roland

There are tons of people who wanted to slack off and think ideas for what they're gonna make. But it's the last straw i'm giving them. besides, Naze is holding up for some real issues in life.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 19
Needing time is not stupid, and if you don't want to give extra time you have the option not to. There are tons of mutated creature concept arts out there and coming up with an original idea needs more time as everyone might expect. This might be a drawing contest but originality is an issue that needs to be taken into consideration as well.

Roland

R

Roland

Hey, cool to see you guys posting your stuff! I guess I'll only start working in December because of overly-demanding university shit.

And this is why I extended the deadline for naze.

Roland

R

Roland

Sorry but,

direct

Some horror-themed Pablo Picasso?!

Anyway, the outline is jittered and I recommend you to do more detailing.

The Moaning Blackhand

moaning blackhand
Once, he was a superb warrior. Unchallenged, unmatched; But time and his skills could never heal his heart. He summoned the dark lord from the depth and vowed to become one of the dark lord's warriors. He is given the greatest power and evolved into the most vicious creator one cannot imagine. Now, the moaning blackhand, as many call him, roams around destroying anything in his path.

His Left black hand creates a disturbing sound when he roams around any city. The sound it creates makes anyone who hears it to lose hearing because it makes anyone's eardrums to explode.

The exposed veins can detach in his will to sip anyone's blood even how far the victim is.
attachment.php

Attachments

• final entry_eubz.jpg
    final entry_eubz.jpg
    276.3 KB · Views: 673

Roland

R

Roland

Such grace, Such beautiful entry. added you on the final entry list.

Roland

R

Roland

We've been having trouble about the judging lately it's because there's too much participants are hopping in to this contest so I need At least 2 More Judges so we can sum this up. I'm closing in the participants list and opening for the judges list only.

Gracias,
Roland

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

so much cool art guys :)

keep 'em coming.

Roland

R

Roland

Yo, don't be in a rush man, We got 4 Months to slack/think but I'll make sure to keep on eye on it, I'm assigning 'Ardy to check some stuff here while I'm shoved with exams.

Level 28
Hmm, interesting, why is this contest so long? I just noticed. I thought it was like 1-2 months.
I think people can do greatly in a week and also that they probably wouldn't devote more to it than that. That being said, I don't mind the length. Wondering if I should join too...

Great entries so far and lots of people entering, which makes it even more interesting
209078-albums5742-picture60370.gif

Roland

R

Roland

We literally needed judges it's because they're outnumbered. I spoke to my right-hand man, 'Ardy that it's gonna be long on explaining their art each participants. so I'm joining morbent (If he wants) to the judges instead.

Level 10
Do we need to create a story for our mutation ?

Written story? No, but you can create a story through the painting, with the background, lighting, setting, composition, angle, etc. The idea is that you are trying to sell a design, why is your monster cool? Why would I want to buy your design? Is your design worthy of becoming a model?

Roland

R

Roland

You must make a short introduction of your drawing a short story might help you, I gave you guys the example of the drawing + description just read again the rules I made.

Level 23
Main Post said:
Judging date will be on 25th of February, 2016
Poll voting will be released on 3rd of March, 2016
Poll voting will end on 5th of March, 2016
Yes, I mean it, there's no more changing dates anymore.

The contest shall begin on the 8th of November 2015 and conclude on the 12:00 MN, 13th of March 2016 8+ GMT - Greenwich Mean Time, Date is final, there's no more extension.

Which one's the real deadline here? 25th of feb or march 13? Me is confused. :/

Anyway, i'm probably going to be a bit late on my submission of wips and final entry. I still haven't found my scanner. xP

I'd probably be able to finish the drawing right after I scan the first wip though.

Roland

R

Roland

The real deadline is at the bottom, The bolded one. Those 3 schedules are for the judging and the poll only.

Roland

R

Roland

What the Heck is that? is that the another version of "I AM GROOT" ? dude, I don't want tree hugging monsters, I need a drawing of a obscure mutated human flesh. Like the ones sampled in the cover page of the contest.

Level 10
Also try not to completely remove all human anatomy. It's called Mutated Human. So it must resemble a human of some sort, if everyone makes it "too mutated" and there is no trace of human resemblance, then anyone can draw any monster and slap on the Mutated Human sticker. If you need some ideas, take a look at this video.

Roland

R

Roland

Also try not to completely remove all human anatomy. It's called Mutated Human. So it must resemble a human of some sort, if everyone makes it "too mutated" and there is no trace of human resemblance, then anyone can draw any monster and slap on the Mutated Human sticker. If you need some ideas, take a look at this video.
It's a nice Idea you got there. but make sure you should literally make a muated human out of human flesh, I don't want some "Groot" styled drawings here. or I might not consider it as an official entry. okay man? sorry windrunner :)

Level 34
There is a sickness called Epidermodysplasia verruciformis, which is also known as tree man illness.

Here's the vid as well, not recommended for faint hearts. vid

this can be called a mutation since it changes your body, it's not an exact Groot but it is some kind of it.

man, I feel really bad for laughing so hard, but the groot part just kill me x___x

Level 30
As an appointed mod of the contest, I do have a few requests to make before this goes any further. If you make further changes, please be kind enough to notify me of such or otherwise, you'll get me head over heels in something I did not approve of and that should not be there then.

Until requested things are fixed, please do not post anything in the thread. Once the thread is cleaned and sanitized of users intervening where they shouldn't, I'll notify you all here. This shouldn't take more than 24 hours in total, and I do hope you're patient enough to not post while that period is up.

Thanks for understanding and patience.

Roland

R

Roland

Thread re-opened for participants to post again and I've amended the rules again, I'd like to thank Mama Apheraz for retouching the judges table and the rules. No need to blush, Alph'.

Roland

R

Roland

Oy, I've been seeing this thread dead for the pass few days! What's going on with you guys? Well, I kinda blame Apheraz for bugging in >,>

Please guys T_T Make this contest alive again!

Status
Not open for further replies.