• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
attachment.php

Here is the final final final design

Not much details and shading, but i will be doing it digitally to finish it :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    275.8 KB · Views: 274

Roland

R

Roland

Seems decent. I WANT YOU GUYS TO FINISH ALL YOUR ENTRIES BY FEB 25.

Level 19
Who the heck needs 27+ days to finish a piece of concept art anyway.

Depends on how detailed you are drawing and how much free time you find...
I've been drawing one painting for 6 months which is 35x50(cm^2) by size and it's not even near complete.

You can say, "if you can't find time why are you participating?" Yeah if I can't finish my work I won't be accepted then there's no problem to anyone I assume.

Level 34
I've been drawing one painting for 6 months which is 35x50(cm^2) by size and it's not even near complete.

You can say, "if you can't find time why are you participating?" Yeah if I can't finish my work I won't be accepted then there's no problem to anyone I assume.

Exactly, not everyone can finish his entry in just one month, and there are many reasons, like NS just explained, (i have many delays too with my own drawings D:).

Who the heck needs 27+ days to finish a piece of concept art anyway.

By the way, where's your entry? .-.

Level 10
Okay okay gentlemen, we all know it is plenty of time (which is actually good for the contestants), so let's just be nice with our friends and work on our entries! :) Also the deadline won't be moved anyway (and personally I don't think it should).

I'm procrastinating enough as it is. I don't see a need to change the deadline (or how it would help me).

Good news, finally fixed my pc, so expect some wips from me in the near future.

I get why It would take time if you're literally painting a painting. Also, I certainly get how it is if you have no spare time.

Roland

R

Roland

It's almost Feb guys so I want you guys to rush your entries if you want please finish it before the deadline. I also saw the arguments about the deadline date here >,> Lel.

Level 11
Hmmmm

While doing hand-drawing something (a character / an entire scene) usually takes me in between 1-3 hours if I'm really foucsed, coloring something on Photoshop becomes kinda difficult to me sometimes - just as I mentioned a couple of weeks ago... Besides I got 2 jobs to attend to and keeping up my house running (and there's my precious game time too hehe) which doesn't let me make a quick progress as it was desired.

In case you need to know, this is how the progress is doing so far: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=w6ward
The coloring is sketchy at this moment. I'm just doing an outline and general coloring of each mass / tissue to know how to paint properly later (add shades, color tones, erase a bit here and there so that people can see the hand-drawn lines beneath giving it a feel of texture, etc).

If I can't finish it (I hope not), I will have to work with the blue ink entry sadly .... that means It won't satisfy them gore users, much. Once is done I will post it here and my personal art website... I don't see why you insist me on posting it here only, like really.

The Lore has been ready for weeks as well, I just need to write it here as well.

I'm assuming the deadline is still meant to be Feb 25th right?

Roland

R

Roland

Yes and I'm already pushing people to do their entries it's because the deadline is coming.

Level 28
In case you need to know, this is how the progress is doing so far: http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=w6ward
The coloring is sketchy at this moment. I'm just doing an outline and general coloring of each mass / tissue to know how to paint properly later (add shades, color tones, erase a bit here and there so that people can see the hand-drawn lines beneath giving it a feel of texture, etc).

Cool! I like your attention in portraying the white blobby adipose tissue underneath the skin, very disgusting. I hope you manage to finish your entry!

Roland

R

Roland

ANNOUNCEMENT ~ For the Contest

THERE WILL BE NO EXTENSION FOR THE CONTEST & THERE WILL BE NO CHANCES ON SUBMITTING ON THE LATE PERIOD PLEASE PASS YOUR ENTRY WHETHER IF IT'S FINISHED OR NOT.

Thanks!

Roland

R

Roland

The DEADLINE IS FEB 25 (People Power Day in the Philippines) SO I WANT YOU GUYS TO HURRY AND PASS YOUR ENTRIES (WHETHER IF IT'S FINISHED OR NOT).

Level 49
My Entry:

Lore:

"At the bio lab some secret scientific group was experimenting with Clostridium tetani (bacteries, that provokes tetanus ill). After a successful seria of genetic modifications they finally found new tetani bacteria strain. Experiments with rats shown, that infected animal firstly have the same as tetanus symptoms, but the different was, that animal still be able to control the muscle contraction, but if normally animal can strain the muscle, there muscles are always strained, but animal can selectilvely relax em with the same concentration as it needed for straining normally (means that full relax needs the same stress as normally great power pull). Scientists discovered, that animal feels unceasing pain. Pain provokes animal to aggression. After few days after infection animal loses it's hair, muscles unstoppable grow. After half month animal start losing skin. Still be alive.
After one month animal die from exhaustion.

Government insisted to continue experiments. Laboratory moved to arctic circle, because everyone understood, that if the bacteria lefts laboratory walls – it can be a catastrophe. One day durning standart procedures with rats a drop from syringe dropped to the floor. Noone saw that. The one of scientists who was cleaning the room that evening touched the drop by uncovered skin. But bacteria cannot infect by skin. Next morning scientist was shaving, and cut his face skin. From this moment he was infected.
In the first two days he was a little ill, had bad mood, feeled pain in hands, legs, stomach. At third day he wasn’t able wake up morning. Other group isolated him in infirmary. He was anxiously sleeping. His muscle shown growth, like he was visiting gym. Skin covered with a small eruption. Small red dots, like blood was leaving by skin pores. Next days he screamed all the day long, because of pain...
After a week the laboratory was empty. There was no one – no scientists. No infected scientist. No rats. Only blood puddles at the floor.

Attachments

• Contest1.jpg
    Contest1.jpg
    237.1 KB · Views: 289

Roland

R

Roland

My Entry:

Lore:

"At the bio lab some secret scientific group was experimenting with Clostridium tetani (bacteries, that provokes tetanus ill). After a successful seria of genetic modifications they finally found new tetani bacteria strain. Experiments with rats shown, that infected animal firstly have the same as tetanus symptoms, but the different was, that animal still be able to control the muscle contraction, but if normally animal can strain the muscle, there muscles are always strained, but animal can selectilvely relax em with the same concentration as it needed for straining normally (means that full relax needs the same stress as normally great power pull). Scientists discovered, that animal feels unceasing pain. Pain provokes animal to aggression. After few days after infection animal loses it's hair, muscles unstoppable grow. After half month animal start losing skin. Still be alive.
After one month animal die from exhaustion.

Government insisted to continue experiments. Laboratory moved to arctic circle, because everyone understood, that if the bacteria lefts laboratory walls – it can be a catastrophe. One day durning standart procedures with rats a drop from syringe dropped to the floor. Noone saw that. The one of scientists who was cleaning the room that evening touched the drop by uncovered skin. But bacteria cannot infect by skin. Next morning scientist was shaving, and cut his face skin. From this moment he was infected.
In the first two days he was a little ill, had bad mood, feeled pain in hands, legs, stomach. At third day he wasn’t able wake up morning. Other group isolated him in infirmary. He was anxiously sleeping. His muscle shown growth, like he was visiting gym. Skin covered with a small eruption. Small red dots, like blood was leaving by skin pores. Next days he screamed all the day long, because of pain...
After a week the laboratory was empty. There was no one – no scientists. No infected scientist. No rats. Only blood puddles at the floor.
I really love this entry of yours, Even tho you're silent you're just so good. Anyway, IS This your final entry? Cause your doodle looks like it needs some progress, Peekay :)
Great entry man! Loved the lore behind it and the concept iself. I was expecting more like trivia/facts about it, but the storytelling aspects you put surprised me. Good work :D
Anyway, I'm looking forward for the other contestants if they can reach up on the deadline. & Naze, Please focus on your entry :p Prizes is at stakes for you :3 (If you win. :p Hehehe.)

Level 49
I really love this entry of yours, Even tho you're silent you're just so good. Anyway, IS This your final entry? Cause your doodle looks like it needs some progress, Peekay :)
heh... iam not drawing for the moment, the idea of such monster with inside-out muscles and backward muscle mechanics comes to me at december, but only now i finally made it... and as you noticed - it is a doodle, some poor (technically) work...

Not sure, but 99% i will no change it cuz i am really tired last month.

Roland

R

Roland

heh... iam not drawing for the moment, the idea of such monster with inside-out muscles and backward muscle mechanics comes to me at december, but only now i finally made it... and as you noticed - it is a doodle, some poor (technically) work...

Not sure, but 99% i will no change it cuz i am really tired last month.
I understand then, But what will you name from your entry? Just edit your Entry post and I'll enlist it to the final entry list in the front page :D

Roland

R

Roland

Added Peekay's entry in the Final Entrants list. I'm waiting for the others to submit it before the deadline. Please guys I'm wishing you well a best competition.

Level 28
Final entry

Faceless Horrors

Art (smaller size)

Lore

Concept

Art (full size)

attachment.php

Entry830x780.png

For years a group of occultists used to meet in the catacombs beneath the city to perform rituals and offerings as an attempt to get the attention of the Old Gods. Unfortunately, the mad and chaotic consciousness of the Forgotten Ones noticed them one day. Their brief physical manifestation corrupted the area profoundly, bringing every living creature to a horrible condition. The catacombs are now sealed and entering is forbidden, however there are few descriptions of the Faceless Horrors that now live within:

“Disturbing faces that can’t stare
Agonizing with no eyes or mouth
Thirsty, starving, scratching heads
Walking aimlessly in dark halls

Disturbing faces that can’t stare
Started with flesh clods on the head
That grew and bound their mouth and eyelids
Suffocating them in despair

Hitting their head against walls
Mute and desperate to breathe air
Painfully tearing open their mouths

Shaking legs and blind they crawl
Cannibalizing with faint noises
Wise occultists, their downfall”

Faceless Horrors are what they’re called. For what we know, flesh seems to grow out of their holes, sealing their eyes, mouths, noses and ears. They are mindless, moved by impulse or intense agony, and as a result of hunger and suffocation they end up painfully opening their own mouths with their bare hands. However it ends up getting buried behind flesh again in a week or so. Death causes must be mainly starvation and constipation as they can’t get rid of their excrements.

attachment.php

EntryFullSize.png

Roland

R

Roland

Added Naze's entry as an Official entry, I shall contact Ardy if he'll return as a judge.

Level 30
Chances are something like this will happen: With the amount of judges, there is going to be a first-time time limit. If there are at least three submitted judging by the 30 days mark, the other judges will be discarded.

This is only to shorten up the contest as it's lasting for far too long and people want a new one, but to also motivate judges to be quicker, and to possibly reduce their number.

Roland

R

Roland

It's almost Thursday folks, Please huddle up and finish your entries.
EDIT: On Saturday, I'll be checking here and on Friday, I might inform the judges to begin judging.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
Heres my final entry.

attachment.php

Lore: General cladius is a talented commander and skilled fighter, serving the army for more than 30 years. He is now old, and with the advancement of technology he sought immortality. Taking part in many terrorist operations he managed to gather a team of scientists to research for him.

After years of research the scientists had found a way to become immortal using mutation and created a special drink.

After General cladius drank the special drink, nothing happened. Yet after a few days his body has noticeably changed, he had become stronger, his face turning gray and hard as stone.

But his troops could not withstand such an "abomination" and tried to kill him , saying that he is no longer human.

Yet it was too late for them to stop him, he had become more powerful than they could have imagined, he had sold his humanity for power. Cladius gained the ability of cannibalism, eating his own men.

Resistance was futile, even with hundreds of soldiers trying to bring him down, they had failed, the result was only a few marks on his face.

Cladius had already killed the "traitors" and destroyed his oppressors, yet not all was as he expected.

All of a sudden his eyes along with his ears started to bleed, he became weak, and kept on losing blood, "perhaps the price wasn't worth it at all" he said.

Attachments

• General Cladius.jpg
    General Cladius.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 421
Level 11
Hi

As much as it saddens me, I'll have to compete with my original handdrawn artwork only since I wasn't able to access my computer at all for weeks.

The Lore has been adapted as an exposition / interview on a TV Show that matches the picture itself.

So the entry should go as it follows:

TITTLE: The Kako Doll

Kakodoll%20man%20%28Low%20Res%29.jpg

That which would be considered by us as a gruesome fate, is in fact, a (cruel) source of entertainment and joy for the denizens of another world.

- Dreadful and disgusting to some - mostly them fleshling sympathizers - Entertaining and fascinating to most... BaphoCorp's newest gift to our children: The amazing Kako-Doll, is sweeping the nation like a storm!

We've got a very special guest tonight folks. He’s the mind behind many acclaimed consumer products such as the Skullcarver's Tools and memorable toylines like the Flesh-Bears, and NINguns… Dr Abel Black! The Head of BaphoCorp's Meat&Toys division and one of their leading scientists.

Greetings Dr Black, we're honored by your pressence.

- It's always a pleasure Matt.

- You know? I went to the Mephiox Carnival with my little daughter the other day, She asked for a toy and when I bought her a Kako Doll, I saw nothing else but gleeful joy in her eyes... from the moment she saw it 'come to life'... until... well, hours later when she ate it - But the point is… it's amazing how this little toy has already earned the fascination of our children.

- Uhmm, thank you. We know there are cases where the toy may seem appetizing to some children, this results from proper feeding of the doll's host days prior, but is in no way hazardeous.

- Could you tell us how did you come up with such a brilliant idea?

- The KakoDoll product is the end-result of a parasitic infestation implanted on the host, as you’ve probably seen. Chlorospincis nervis is a type of worm commonly found in marshlands and swamps, also known by names such as the "Throat-clawer" and "Nerve-worm". We carefully selected it for our studies due to its uncanny ability to control the host’s nervous system – which succeeds mostly on lesser beings, and its rapid-growth capabilites inside any tissues that infestates.

- Oh I remember getting one of those when I was younger, one of my tentacles went numb for weeks until it was surgically removed... the parasite of course.

- Exactly. They can be a minor annoyance to us. In our test subjects, however, the findings were quite interesting and informative.

- Would it be posible to tell us how does it work?

- It's a bit complex but I can give you the short version if you will.

- By all means.

- Right. The parasite enters via respiratory tract, adiministered through an endotraqueal tube implanted earlier for additional (and very esential) oxygen-supplementation for the upcoming transformation. Chlorospincis nervis’ arrival causes the host to moan and shiver (later shriek) in brutal pain which is very important since it creates adrenaline surges that improve the blood-perfusion to the parasite’s next target organs: brain, liver, and kidneys.

Seemingly-intelligent and sentient, this organism purposely attaches part of itself to the victim’s central nervous system, particularly the front-parietal cortex where it attempts to minimize the host’s movements and any attempts of resisting the transformation process while sparing the sensitive areas… Is it an intelligent strategy used to guarantee constant stimuli for adrenaline secretion or an early sadistic attempt to play with the host’s pain? I’ll let you ponder about it.

The excessively fed victim’s liver is the second main target of infestation, since its rich deposits of glycogen, fatty-acids, and proteins (mainly albumin but globulins as well) serve as nourishment for the parasite. This results in a abnormally large portal-vein hipertension, evident by the rapid-onset of the medusa-patterned arachnid veins and ascitis in the abdomen.

This, combined with the heavily oxygen-supplemented cardio-respiratory system (compromised earlier), and the uninterrupted work made by the kidneys to maintain the bloodstream’s pH at an interesting 7.58, will provide the perfect medium for parasites’ rapid growth within a few minutes from the initial infestation.

The skin then manifests the rapid increase of internal preassure within its cavities and many body compartments, as red stretch-marks surrounded by equimosis start showing up everywhere rather quickly, most notably at the lower abdomen and any spots where the victim’s skin is about to be ripped asunder.

Finally the victim’s moans are interrupted by a brief - yet slightly disturbing to some - scream, as the organism makes its way outside the host’s body, destroying any restrains along the way and gaining its gorgeous fleshy appearance.

- That’s… Fascinating, I think.

- Indeed.

- Quite an overcomplicated process too… finding the right fleshlings for the worm to carve its way in and all.

- Nothing is “too complex or too difficult” for BaphoCorp, as long as we bring joy to our children and their families, specially with our toys.

- Amazing, anything else in developing?

- We've got plans for expanding the KakoDoll toyline in the near future, creating new characters of different shapes, sizes, roles... you know, to stimulate children's imagination.

- Certainly. Dr Black but let me ask you something... Although the Kako Doll has been very-well recieved by the nation in general, there has been some controversy and backlash, most notably from the Congress Elite. Senator James Bilerot in particular, who went on the media accusing BaphoCorp of “Being irresponsible and mis-using the world’s slave-force for its own lucrative pursuits” What are your thoughts on that?

- Ludicrous like his wardrobe preferences and public speeches as they go. He seems to forget that we hold the rights on the specimens that enter our world.

Besides, it would be a good time to announce that a few months ago, we signed a deal with the main leaders of the human world which benefits us mutually: they send us hundreds of subjects daily and we help them with their overpopulation problems… plus we don’t get to kill them all, so there’s that.

- Those are wonderful news Dr Black, they will surely give those opposing the Kako Doll something to think about, but I’m afraid that’s all we have for today, we thank you for time.

- It was a real pleasure. BaphoCorp would like to reward those present with free coupons to claim your own KakoDoll in the nearest Bapho toy store in your vicinity… and a few extra to you Matt… since your little girl thinks of them as snacks.

- You are most generous, Dr Black!

- Anything for our children.

I think I'ma make a video about this lol, like a creepypasta of sorts.

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

UPDATE: Added Zeth & Devin's entry as final entrees and the Contest will conclude 1:00 AM, 25th of February 2016 8+ GMT - Greenwich Mean Time. Please judges begin your Judging. (I'll inform you all via PM.)

@Zeth
: That's a shame that you didn't finished the Digitized version :( It would be pleasing for my eyes if I saw the Photoshop one :D It's more visible and clean for my eyes <3

Roland

R

Roland

just be patient guys, One of my judges has released the score cards :D

Status
Not open for further replies.