• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #7 - Twisted Fate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
I saw this contest awhile back, but the theme turned me away. I'm not a huge fan of gory creatures, but the Jazza update has me intrigued. I'll see if I can create something by... March. Wow, this is a long contest.

Roland

R

Roland

Well, I'm not certain if you're gonna come in to the contest or just be an observer. Just tell me if you're good to join and I'll enlist you.

Roland

R

Roland

There's no way I'm removing those awards. So as the Autodesk Sketchbook.
/That's all folks!

EDIT: Fuck this. Jazza declined to register here & Didn't replied my email.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 28
Hey guys, I'm sorry being so late! hehe :D

These are very early WIPs. The two poses are very different because I was brainstorming some ideas and I kind of sticked to these two. But maybe it'll end up very different, who knows lol.

The concept will be posted with the final entry.

Attachments

• WIP1.jpg
    WIP1.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 124
  • WIP2.jpg
    WIP2.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 101
Level 23
Here's my final entry. I don't wanna keep mulling over this anymore so I forced myself to finish it last night. I know it looks terrible but I doubt i'd be able to make a better result if I wait longer.

Untitled-1.jpg

"Experiment 1337 is a failed mutation on the fetus of an unborn twin. The two fused together into a single body. 1337 is currently kept in a locked chamber. When in the chamber, constant eye-contact must be maintained as the creature refuses to move when in a direct line of sight. Blink and you're dead."
- Quoted from a lab file.

This didn't turn out as I wanted it to be but... whatevs, that's it, I'M OUTTA HERE.

Roland

R

Roland

Added entry @Juno - That doodle..
@Deepstrasz - It's his trademark logo.
Wow, you guys joined the contest just because I pushed you in :'( Me is-h sad..

Level 49
"Experiment 1337 is a failed mutation on the fetus of an unborn twin. The two fused together into a single body. 1337 is currently kept in a locked chamber. When in the chamber, constant eye-contact must be maintained as the creature refuses to move when in a direct line of sight. Blink and you're dead."

scp much.

Roland

R

Roland

I could move it to JANUARY 25 but I need apheraz if she allows me.

Level 23
I was working on my entry early last week but have since lost a lot of free time. I'm hoping to get a WIP posted in the next couple weeks.

That's great. I do hope the others are doing the same.

It's cool to have plenty of time because there is no need to rush our entries and end up with a weaker result! However if you guys want it to end earlier there is no problem.

I agree. Although some peeps just use the long deadline as an excuse to procrastinate though. For me, longer deadlines just means that. More time to procrastinate. :p

Level 10
Well I think 4 months is a little excessive. Ending late January/early-February would still be plenty enough time to get a good entry. It also means less time to submit to the contest and completely forget about it.

Roland

R

Roland

Maybe I'll make the participants more pressured if I re-move the extension to January 15

Roland

R

Roland

It's not my entry, That meme is for stein123. I just can't wait for his epic entry :D

Level 34
Dr. Gunther Eiss

MY first WIP of my entry, the character and the story are not mine, are from "B.P.R.D. - The Dead" comic by John Arcudi and Guy Davis (a comic series which i highly recommend ♥), but i just love this character, so i suppose i will get disqualified XD, but i want to share this bits with you anyway:

OLD CRAZY GUY.jpg

Roland

R

Roland

Dude, I really like the previous one you made from me but, I just love it today :D

Level 34
The man who touch the angels

Dr. Gunter Eiss was a man of science, but also a man of faith. Obssessed with reaching Elysium and having recurrent visions about "six-winged seraphims", he managed to get his hands into the robe of christ and the spear of destiny, objects that he planned to use in combination with a device to bring a portal to elysium, and let the seraphyms travel to our world, bringing paradise with them; sadly to him, sh*t happens, and his body became a living portal, swaping his insides out, and transforming into a " beautiful six-winged seraphim"..
As the saying goese, be careful what you wish for ...

page 1.jpg

page 2.jpg

page 3.jpg

Last edited:

Roland

R

Roland

I've added Stein123's entry as an official.
UPDATE
: NO more slacking, I'm moving the deadline to January 25 2016, by 1:00 8+ GMT. YOU MUST SUBMIT YOUR ENTRY EVEN IF IT'S FINISHED OR NOT FINISHED.

Roland

R

Roland

I'm quite impatient when it comes to contests. But I'm sure that Apheraz won't like the update deadline right now. (So as the other mods)

Roland

R

Roland

UPDATE: Fixed Sponsors link @Apheraz & Moved the deadline from March > January to February instead. -_-"

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

finished my texture, now it's time for me to draw something. expect some wip soon.

edit :

boom, my first wip. so, this is a zombie guy that i fight in counter strike online. lucky enough, i found some reference of him on the internet. it's pretty hard to find a picture of him. i think it looks better than i expected, beside that spike and the the nails is currently lacking of something. will work on it on the next update
Contest.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Roland

R

Roland

Guys, You can also make infested terrans too. They're acceptable to the theme.

Roland

R

Roland

You can make a infested terran, However, you're not allowed to copy the ideas of Blizzard concepts, Think of a different perspective of an infested terran.

Status
Not open for further replies.