• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept Art Contest #4 - Poll

Vote for your favourite entries! (Multiple Choice)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I like that you commented on them all.. But couldn't help wondering what it was that made you chose MasterStryke's (according to what you wrote) as you didn't mention anything directly positively about it, besides that you was happy he didn't go to wild with the flames..

So just curios.

i prefer a decent colored picture to a black and white pencil drawing. although at second glance it could be a colored pencil drawing?! oh well, plus it generally looks badass haha.

Level 35
I prefer a decent colored picture to a black and white pencil drawing. although at second glance it could be a colored pencil drawing?! Oh well, plus it generally looks badass haha.

Indeed it does :wsmile:

meh, i will never win, thanks to all, for voting and drawing. :)

You still have a shot as the poll ain't done yet. Maybe a sudden wave of voters :cute:

Level 7
I voted for MasterStryke, communist_orc and Dionesiist. Was to hard trying to just pick one, ^^ :D

Level 18
Depends on if the judges have begun.. so far we haven't heard anything about that.. though lets hope that they have started.

I don't think you'll have to worry about that. As far as I know the judges are about ready with their judging (unless things are being adjusted). It's just secret. :p

Level 18
Dio would have missed my vote since I have seen so many of those giant monsters already and some of the others looked more unique.
Anyway the poll is closed now and I didn't vote yet, but that's no problem. xD

honestly i think Communist has this contest in the bag

lol, how you jest.

Really though both Dion's and Communist's entries were both good, Dion's fits the theme better - though the crab was impressive it really didn't evolve much more then changing its home (basically it pretty much just got bigger, spikier and grew a couple extra eyes) - Dion's went through a full transformation. Yes yes Communist's has color, but Dion's also has a certain degree of epicness that a crab can't contain without changing more.

Level 18
Sure :D but youll have to tell me witch you think will be the 1st three :grin:

That's a difficult one.

I guess:

1. communist_orc
2. Dionesiist
3. jareph

(Although I could see MasterStryke, enjoy, Nightwish.ger or Pyramidhe@d somewhere in there, but I have to pick 3)

Those aren't my votes, but it's my guess taking a look at those votes too.

lol, how you jest.

Really though both Dion's and Communist's entries were both good, Dion's fits the theme better - though the crab was impressive it really didn't evolve much more then changing its home (basically it pretty much just got bigger, spikier and grew a couple extra eyes) - Dion's went through a full transformation. Yes yes Communist's has color, but Dion's also has a certain degree of epicness that a crab can't contain without changing more.

While Dion's entry looks epic I don't understand all of the stages it went through and - perhaps it's me being on dA too much, combined with my sci-fi/fantasy interest - those kind of monsters I have seen many times already.

Last edited:
That's a difficult one.

I guess:

1. communist_orc
2. Dionesiist
3. jareph

(Although I could see MasterStryke, enjoy or Pyramidhe@d somewhere in there, but I have to pick 3)

Those aren't my votes, but it's my guess taking a look at those votes too.

Ok we will see who has guessed :D
To bad we can make a contest who guess the first three places :D

This competition was pretty decisive if you ask me:
1: Dionesiist
2: Communist_Orc
3: Jareph

-Though the poll doesn't count for as much as the judging, it is often a good view into how things will most likely turn out (ex - Elections in the U.S. Though we like to say we vote directly on the president, thats a lie - the Electoral College adds a nice degree of hypocracy to the voting system - though the Electoral College is pretty much free to say "f$#% the people," it normally follows popular vote)

Status
Not open for further replies.