• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Concept-Art Contest #11 - The youngest or oldest warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Some progress to show:
young golem.jpg

Level 10
Just passed a little period of time and what I see, awesome works. )

And of course I should present an early WIP of mine, started to do it few days ago. I think it's unworthy and must change it with something else. Maybe, expect soon from me to post a more decent WIP.

Open the spoiler at your own risk xD

ContestEntryWiP.jpg

Would love to see more "young" concepts, there's so many old warrior concepts atm.
oh, weird a well established 2D artist of the hive says there isn't enough kid warriors.... and he hasn't joined the contest yet. I wonder what we could do! ;D

Reactions: San
Level 31
@Mr.Goblin well I did some work a few days ago, but it didn't work out as a warrior and I don't wanna start a new one so I decided to not join XD. I made "her" a sorcerer/wizard which is not a warrior XD and she is collosal XD
I was thought you were draw a young buff girl with magical power. :wgrin:
Well speaking about young warrior, My boy is near to the end XD... I can't wait how many old boysXD and grandmas will came as well.

Level 16
There was a legend of Aggrom the destroyer of kingdoms, killer of kings, hero slayer, the name that keeps you awake at night
180 years later now it has been only told of in bedtime stories
Now, he's called crazy old man Gromnick by his neighbors. He always tells his stories of conquest and adventures but none of his neighbors buy any of his shit
oh and he loves to fish and water his garden xD

just a quick sketch for now, i might reiterate most of his designs before proceeding with a final illustration

Attachments

• Oldwarrior.jpg
    Oldwarrior.jpg
    667.3 KB · Views: 198
Level 28
Wow so many entries! :D

Even from new members like @KuzyaKa (welcome to the Hive, btw!). I like your entry, he does look like a child and has that experienced warrior expression. I hope you manage to further polish it until the deadline.

@Shido nice! I like the shadows you made on his vest, that's exactly what I talked about earlier it really looks 3d. The concept of a warrior kid flying around on a kite is also fun, so congrats for the cool idea haha.

@TheKurt009 awesome that you're participating. I'm looking forward for your final work here. It's cool how you designed him with short thin arms and legs and a square-y bulky body heheh, and he still looks authentic and convincing with that shape. Good work!

Moy

Moy

Level 49
AT LAST! I was able to upload this wip because of this shitty internet. The internet was fast last week now it cannot even fucking upload an 88kb file and cannot visit facebook and youtube wth.

Anyway, here's a wip. Left arm is still missing. The first idea was a child having a kris (dagger) and a fan. But it was really boring and nothing special so I've altered it into this. And will let you guys see it if the internet is a little bit faster, it's been 5 days like this shit.

Attachments

• wips.jpg
    wips.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 188
gogogo it's over on sunday night!

--------------------------

on an irrelevant note. I'm participating the artstation challenge Wild West. Due to that, my attention will be 100% focussed on working on my sudmission till the 30. So don't expect to get the judging for at least a month :(

Simple heads up!.

Level 16
Almost done ^___^
I'll be participating on the artstation wildwest as well!!! Goodluck mr.Goblin!!!

edit: i'm done! i call this the Resting Warrior

[The resting warrior]
Millions of years before the dawn of humans there was an event called the war of mountains, who had shaped the earth from its rivers to its valleys. A lone surviving warrior has been called to heed the call of battle again, against the forces not from Earth...

Attachments

• StoneWarrior.jpg
    StoneWarrior.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 636
Last edited:
Level 31
gogogo it's over on sunday night!

--------------------------

on an irrelevant note. I'm participating the artstation challenge Wild West. Due to that, my attention will be 100% focussed on working on my sudmission till the 30. So don't expect to get the judging for at least a month :(

Simple heads up!.
Yike, that is gotta be a hard thing as well Vincent. Since you know there already like almost 1K challengers, some of them are like full time artist with high damn paid.
(I am off topic a while lmao)
Oh snap is Sunday, be quick peepo XD, I wanna see surprises.

Level 11
Interesting stuff. It might be too late for me but I'll try to come up with something...

I made this hand drawing last Thursday night using a black ink ballpen, and then Photoshop to fix a few things as well as adding an orange mask before posting it on my dA page :

:
original-vs-modified-png.296393

The creation date is 12 of April 2018 by the way, it says 12/4/18 in the artwork because that's how we write dates in my country (Metric system ftw) and coincides with the upload date in my dA page: Aelena - Armored

I'm currently coloring it:
:
coloring-wip-01-png.296394

If things go alright, I might be able to finish it before the deadline :D

Level 2
OH MY GOD CAN I STILL JOIN TODAY?

Sorry I was over-excited. Can I still join today? A bit late to the party, but hopefully, if I can pass 2 WiP's by tonight, and the final work of course, can I be considered?

Level 31
OH MY GOD CAN I STILL JOIN TODAY?

Sorry I was over-excited. Can I still join today? A bit late to the party, but hopefully, if I can pass 2 WiP's by tonight, and the final work of course, can I be considered?
Oh god, by the time i post this is 1:36 PM according to GMT, You have to SERIOUSLY focus on your artwork.
@Mr.Goblin I think I only got Kurt, Chaosy, me and Newbie KuzyaKa.
If there will be a time extended ? (Contest hit the school exam time for some country)

Moy

Moy

Level 49
Here's my entry, got no time for a background tho

Arya, Child of the Emerald Sun

Lost in the middle of the forest, Arya - an ordinary girl found a mysterious glowing light in the darkness. Because of her curiosity she followed the mysterious glow and realized it was a green stone. She then picked up the emerald and her ordinary clothes turned into armor. Her weapon talks and guides her to her purpose, whatever it may be.

Arya.png

Status
Not open for further replies.