1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 15th Mini-Mapping Contest came to an end. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 are soon to be revealed! Come and vote in the public poll for your favorite maps.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 12th incarnation of the Music Contest is LIVE! The theme is Synthwave. Knight Rider needs a song to listen to on his journey. You should definitely have some fun with this theme!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Coming of the Horde 23.2

Submitted by TheBronze
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
Coming of the Horde 23.2

Designed and built entirely by BronzeKnee (USeast)

A protected, multiplayer only map that blends elements of DOTA, Warcraft 3 Ladder, and siege maps (Helm's Deep), Coming of the Horde allows players to rewrite the history of the 1st and 2nd wars in Azeroth and Lordaeron.

Quite unique, addictive and refreshing in the current land of quickly made maps, Coming of the Horde was an idea that took two years to reach 1.0, built totally in secret. While over 12 megs in size, the map doesn't load slow or lag ingame, is fairly simple to play and has huge replay value. It takes about an hour to play a full game.

Enjoy.

thebronzeknee@gmail.com

BronzeKnee is creating Coming of the Horde - WC3 Custom Map | Patreon

Join the Coming of the Horde Discord Server!

23.2 Changelog

- A kick vote system has been added to the game. Details can be found in Game Info (F9).
- Zul'jin's Carve no longer affects Thrones.
- Zul'jin can no longer hit Azeroth's or Lordaeron's thrones from the low ground.
- Fixed a problem with Charge and Warpath.
- Fixed a problem with Muradin's model.
- Fixed a problem with Mishan's model.
- Fixed a problem that would occasionally prevent the Alliance from teleporting to the Hillsbrad Throne.
- Adjusted the comeback mechanics.
- Blackrock Spire, Tichondrius and Death Knights now correctly appear as Black instead of Red.
- Griselda's bodyguards are now team colored.
- All rock chunks near Aerie Peak are now invulnerable until the fall of Iron Forge.
- Reduced the cooldown of Blackhand's Warpath from 20 seconds to 16 seconds.
- Increased the intelligence per level of Darius.
- Reduced the manacost of Darius' Staggering Shot and Explosive Barrel.
- Reduced the cooldown of Explosive barrel to 120/100/80 per level.
- Increased the manacost of Darius' Feral Tamer from 100 to 125.
- Increased the cooldown of Darius' Feral Tamer from 25 seconds to 45 seconds.
- Reduced the movespeed, armor, attackspeed Timber Wolves.
- Reduced the evasion chance of Timber Wolves from 45% to 35%.
- Reduced the critical strike of Timber Wolves from 35% to 30%.
- Increased the bounty given by Wolves from 5 to 10.
- Increased Dueler's Blade armor bonus from 10 seconds to 12 seconds.
- Increased Venomstrike and Obsidian Spear damage by 5 and cost.
- Reduced the cooldown of Death Coil from 110/90/70 to 90/70/50.
- Increased the range of Pestilence Aura from 650 to 675.
- Reduced the manacost of Mannoroth's Immolation from 8 to 6 per second.
- Reduced the cooldown of Windwalk from 20 to 18 seconds.
- Reduced the cooldown of Disguise from 100/80/60 to 90/70/50.
- Reduced the cooldown of Fan of Knives from 18 seconds to 16 seconds.
- Reduced the cooldown of Finale from 18 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Reduced the manacost of Windwalk, Finale, and Fan of Knives.
- Reduced the cooldown of Mara's Judgement to 120 from 150 seconds.
- Reduced the cost of Spiked Barricades from 90 to 50.
- Increased damage of Spiked Barricades from 8 to 10.
- Increased the base stats of Mannoroth, Daelin, Derek, Genn, Thoras and Galen.
- Moved some flowers in Silvermoon that were supposed to be on grass but appeared to be on nearby brick.

Keywords:
coming, of, the, horde, strategy, risk, tactics, tactic, castle, defense, lore, warcraft 2, warcraft, dota
Contents

Coming of the Horde 23.2 (Map)

Reviews
12:58, 16th May 2015 StoPCampinGn00b: Despite its average looking terrain, it's balanced and innovative (at the time before others have mimicked this classic) nature helps earn this map four stars. Sure, the geography is a little off and sure,...
  1. 12:58, 16th May 2015
    StoPCampinGn00b: Despite its average looking terrain, it's balanced and innovative (at the time before others have mimicked this classic) nature helps earn this map four stars.

Sure, the geography is a little off and sure, the lore isn't on point, but the gameplay is adored by many in the battle.net community making this one of the most solid classic Warcraft 3 maps in the mid-battle.net era. That being said, this map isn't for everyone. Starcraft sized armies plus DotA styled Hero gameplay (with all the recipes and such) makes a combination that some will love or be very unfamiliar with. I'll give a tip though, strategic planning and teamwork beats brute strength on this map any day.

Disregard previous moderations and extremely old ratings.

01:36, 29th Jun 2008
    Ash: I'm not really sure how it's like DotA, or WC3 melee for that matter. The map basically centres around you building units to either invade or repel forces in Azeroth.

In theory it works, it sounds fun, although invulnerable buildings, camps in strange places and unbalanced units certainly aren't.

The pull off, storywise, is okay. Things work, but that's about it. The horde seriously overpowers humans, in fact they really don't stand a chance. I was also wondering why Stormgrade was so far up? Speaking of which; the 'georgraphy' of the game has fault, and you're missing an island.

I can understand why that would be removed, for balance reasons; you don't want army's turning up in strange places.

Just balance the map out, and the rest will come.

2/5 - Approved.

2. DrazharLn

DrazharLn

Resources:
    Resources:
    You didn't mention that the map was unprotected.
    I only tested in single player, but the map looks very professional. I'll test this later online and revise this post.

Draz

EDIT: I've played this once now online, it was a great map, though it was a full house for the good guys and just me as horde, twas fun though
    EDIT: second play, with 3 on the horde side we easily beat the good guys, enjoyable

Last edited: Jun 4, 2008
  3. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map is protected, every version has been, or at least should have been?

Thanks for the feedback. Map has been well recieved.

New version adds more features/bug fixes, soon there will be a hero choice for each side (meaning 9 new heros!)

4. DrazharLn

DrazharLn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yeah, woops, I meant that you didn't mention the map was protected. Thats in the submission guidelines somewhere...
    I look forward to testing the new version.

5. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map is now updated.

6. DrazharLn

DrazharLn

Resources:
    Resources:
    Changelog?

7. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Meh, I don't create those, I know I should though.

Basically:

-9 new heros (one for each side so now you pick between two heros)
    -Reduction of Alliance starting forces and gold
    -Goblin Shredder Added
    -Many small optimizations and balances

8. DrazharLn

DrazharLn

Resources:
    Resources:
    As I said above, this is an enjoyable map, I also forgot to give you some rep, so take some now.

9. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks again.

Updated once again, minor fixes, how do I get the map off pending by the way?

10. DrazharLn

DrazharLn

Resources:
    Resources:
    You have to wait for a map mod to turn up, and that could take a while. If you go to staff contact you can chat with them about it, but I don't think it would help. Septimus is quite active however, if you PM him and ask him to review your map it might get done quicker. No guarantees, sometimes the mods don't like being bothered, they do get through quite a few maps after all, I'm sure they have some kind of system.

Last edited: Jun 29, 2008
  11. Ash

Ash

Resources:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I'm not really sure how it's like DotA, or WC3 melee for that matter. The map basically centres around you building units to either invade or repel forces in Azeroth.

In theory it works, it sounds fun, although invulnerable buildings, camps in strange places and unbalanced units certainly aren't.

The pull off, storywise, is okay. Things work, but that's about it. The horde seriously overpowers humans, in fact they really don't stand a chance. I was also wondering why Stormgrade was so far up? Speaking of which; the 'georgraphy' of the game has fault, and you're missing an island.

I can understand why that would be removed, for balance reasons; you don't want army's turning up in strange places.

Just balance the map out, and the rest will come.

2/5 - Approved.

12. Cazeoj276

Cazeoj276

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I really dont like it too much. i Tried playing it and took over 2 cities with the starting units. I played with my friends on Lan. It was pretty grim. Overpowered horde units raping my armies no matter how many units i had. You need to make terrain and balance out units. This map looks like it was made in a few days, not a year.

13. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Map can be very tough as Horde if the Alliance uses the scrolls to teleport their heros are given to help blue/orange early. They also need to upgrade and build units. Make sure you don't engage the Horde armies in the field, and level your hero and buy items. Fortify the multiple levels of each city, you only have to slow the Horde, not stop them entirely.

Map requires some knowledge of how to play before starting, and it is easier for noobies to play Horde than Alliance. This is so the map doesn't bog down and become boring quickly. Better for their be one-sided action that nothing at all.

3.5 will be out tommorow. I will be hosting quite a bit tomorrow, see you on then!

Edit By Firelord213, Reason: Dubble post

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 2, 2008
  14. 200monkeys

200monkeys

Resources:
    Resources:
    Not sure who thought this game was in any way rigged. If you've played more than once, you probably realize that it's incredibly balanced, with the Horde and Alliance winning equally in turn. While I agree there is little in it from DoTA, I would consider that a compliment. Oddly enough, it's usually the Horde complaining that it's impossible, not as the posters here are. Noob Horde don't realize the game is about backdooring. Noob Alliance don't realize you have to help each other or you'll lose.

While the terrain doesn't make too much sense...I gotta say it's incredibly fun, well balanced, good replay value, and nice work with hero skills/models. 4/5

15. benx_x

benx_x

Resources:
    Resources:
    I played this on B.net as horde awhile back so it would of been a diffrent version, we did win but there was quite a bit of fighting amongst each other on the alliance side so that probably had something to do with it, either way it's a nice change that in a map like this that the smaller group has a slight advantage, rather than the larger group, this goes from anything like tags, to other invasion type maps ect. 4/5 though because it could use a few random events every now and then, Unless they have been added in another version.

16. reatek

reatek

Resources:
    Resources:
    Who much time did it take to think for such a smartass Idea?!?! F-ing damned... Why isn't my brain full of ideas like that... 5/5!

17. Emperor_Jackal

Emperor_Jackal

Resources:
    Tools:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    A fun map, depending on what side you're on.

Good
    • Bounty to primarily pay for hero items is fairly original in what is a strategy game. Although the items aren't exactly battle deciders.
    • Limits to certain units that are too bad-assed when massed. For example Gryphon Riders are limited, and air units are horrible to fight against when there are 20 of them.

Bad
    • I can't help thinking that this game gives too much attention to heroes. This is a strategy game, where heroes have a right to be important, but this does not mean they deserve items to teleport them wherever an allied unit is (and even gate levers count as allied units).
    • Throwing tons of units at an enemy fortress knowing that nearly all of them will be slaughtered is not fun. I know that people love the thought of defending their base with few against many, but you have to remember there are people that are the many. I don't find it particularly enjoyable when having to use the 'Overwhelm with sheer numbers' strategy with the Horde.

I'll give this map a 3/5.

18. Piranha89

Piranha89

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I do not really see anything special on this map, sorry. Thats what most beginners start like, just because they do not own the knowlegde to build something useful. Starting with hordes of units and simply overrunning the whole map by "move/attack" orders, having unlimited resources to build completely overpowered units, the mass stucking and blocking made most players leave in less than 2 minutes. I hope those hints will help you to find a better way for realizing this map. 2/5

19. TheBronze

TheBronze

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Thanks for the comments.

You certainly do not have to use the "overwhelm in sheer numbers" to win as the Horde. In fact that is a bad strategy because it feeds the Alliance item points. There is a replay here (GAME REPLAYS - Salazaria) that quite clearly shows a Horde hero with quality items decides the game. Try using Zepplins to land Horde melee heros on walls, and use catapults to break up heavily defended positions. Blindly rushing the enemy is as foolish as it sounds, and there is nothing I can do to make players use sound strategy. So I dispute two of your comments.

The game is focused heavily on heros, which you listed as bad, yet I see as good. To each their own.

Unforunately Piranha your hints have not helped me. I suggest you play the map more often, as it seems you don't have an accurate view of it. If the Horde is overrunning the map with move/attack orders than the Alliance is terrible.

If you played WC3 ladder against complete noobs who always played orcs, and you always played human, you would think that game is unbalanced too, in favor of the humans.

Your experience with any map varies greatly depending on the quality of the players.

Thanks again for the comments.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2009