• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Coming Of The Chaos .80c

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
100 years have passed since the last great wars, but Azeroth is still far from peace. Since the fall of the Burning Legion, the Horde and the Alliance have been fighting. The Undead, seeing that the two sides were weak, have decided to send in a full invasion on the Alliance and the Horde now known as the Defenders.
But, the Chaos Legion waits, knowing that every warrior that falls makes their future invasion that much easier.

I have worked on this map for years now, and it was an ongoing project of mine while I played the game. Sadly, I never considered the game complete as I always had new ideas and plans (or bugs) to fix. Since I no longer play WC3, I have decided to release the map publically as is and hope people enjoy it, because even though it isn't as complete as i'd like it, it is still fully playable and fun.

Features a bunch of bad ideas rolled into AoS style gameplay:
-5v5 Gameplay in only 1 pathway
-Fully microing creeps! They will return to the well and heal if they sustain too much damage.
-Beyond level 6, each death reduces your level 1. Making it easier to take down strong targets, but also more difficult to recover!
-Short respawn times
-After a set amount of time, the Chaos Legion will spawn making the game a PvPvE
-A Respectable amount of new Heroes and recruitable mercenaries
-Lightsabers!

Keywords:
AoS, Dota, Chaos
Contents

Coming Of The Chaos .80c (Map)

Reviews
10:47, 28th Jun 2011 -Kobas-: Status: Rejected Comment
Level 7
Before anyone decides to comment or review, I will mention that this map isn't anything completely amazing. It's just a blast to play with friends. I have quite a lot of fond memories playing this with my clan mates because the game mechanics, while they sound horrible on paper, make the game refreshing to play in a non-serious way.

Also, there are quite a few known bugs, including a crash which happened every so often (maybe once in every four or five games). I was never able to pinpoint why it crashed though, which is part of the reason I stopped working on it. xD

Like I said, this isn't a serious map and I didn't upload it for a serious review. It is merely fun, and if your looking for a fun alternative to dota, you may find this interesting.

Level 16
Here's a list of BB Codes to help you improve the description; add colours, use tables, add screenshots, etc since its quite plain and no one will be bothered to read a wall of text. You will always get comments about how the map plays out, therefore you may receive "serious reviews". You could always ask people to help you out on finding the bugs that causes those crashes as well. Terrain doesn't seem well made from the preview image.

Level 22
Review by Ironside
----------------------

Positive features:

- Has a quest menu
- Has a multiboard

Negative features:

- Not so good terrain
- Lacks more heroes
- Lacks better items
- Lacks more original spells
- Lacks better spell descriptions

Additional Information / Conclusion:

The map needs a lot of work in order to be approved.

Rating: 1.5/5
Vote for:
Rejected