• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Cinematic] Cinematic Mini-Contest #2 Poll

Vote for your favorite cinematic.

• -Cursed City- by vnakira

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • -Alien- by Evil_Redneck

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
cinematicmini2.png

Poll & Rules
Welcome to the poll for the Cinematic Mini-Contest #2. Here you will be able to vote for your favorite entry. Please be aware of the following things before you go and vote:
  • You can't vote for yourself. If you vote for yourself your vote will be removed.
  • If you create multiple accounts and vote for yourself, your vote will be removed, you will also loose points and maybe be disqualified from the contest and any future contests in this series.
  • If any voter has the same IP as the contestant they voted for, it will be looked upon as a multiple account unless they can provide proper evidence that it isn't.
Voting
Although it is not necessary, I encourage people to post in the thread, saying why they have voted for which map they did. Please remember to read the rules before making any vote, otherwise your vote may not count.

Entries
Bellow is a list of all the entries that were submitted to the contest.

1. Cursed City
    by vnakira
  2. GalthorsEscape
    by Bob27
  3. Final Frenzy
    by Jaakko
  4. The Haunted Stone
    by Mechmap
  5. Dante's Hell
    by Martin Barbov
  6. 29-05-91
    by frostwhisper
  7. Alien
    by Evil_Redneck
The poll will run for 2 weeks, once the poll is closed the judging should be up shortly after.

Good luck to all contestants, may the votes be fairly distributed.

Level 19
I watched all of the entries but I'm too lazy to make a review unless somebody asks me to. I'm going to vote for Galthor's Escape, it had the right horror athmosphere for me. I also liked 29-05-91. The others were nice too.

Level 12
I vote for Jaakko's definetly. Galthors escape was good but it wasn't intriging. It was just an escape. Final Frenzy was really good though I don't understand the meaning of the corpse next to the table. I mean, would it not be risky for the priest to put the body there while people are in the church. The stroy was great though.

Level 19
I belive the stone walls and stairs at least are from a stone house package made by someone i cant remember at the moment. But i think its downloadable at wc3campaigns.
That's right. I didn't use the ultimate terraining map.
I don't understand the meaning of the corpse next to the table. I mean, would it not be risky for the priest to put the body there while people are in the church.
Spoilers ahead.
The priest was in a hurry because he had killed the real priest and the people were coming to the church so he hid the corpse behind the table. The person acting the priest in the cinematic is really a murderer and a thief. Also the ghost upstairs is the real priest. Before the ghost starts to play the dead body has disappeared and you can really see the body has disappeared if you look closely.

Level 32
This poll has concluded and the public has spoken!

The official winners of Cinematic Mini-Contest #2 are:

• First Place: Jaakko - Final Frenzy
  • Second Place: Bob27 - Galthor's Escape
  • Third Place: Martin Barbov - Dante's Hell

[rainbow]Booty and bounty shall soon be awarded. Congratulations to the victors, and well done to all participants![/rainbow]

Status
Not open for further replies.