• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Cinematic Contest #1 - Humor

Status
Not open for further replies.
And one more thing I can't do the contest anymore I just got a scholarship to Utah State!

K. It's alright... I'll remove you from the list.

Hmmm,
Are we allowed to ask for help with terrain if we only get advice on how to make it better.

Yup. You can showcase it or whatever. Remember, teams are allowed for this contest.

Okay a little problem has showed up.... I found the perfect music for my idea, but my WEU seems to chrash when I use music in a map...ideas?

Meh. WEU isn't that much of a great program. You should use WEU only with patch number 1.20 or below or something like that. I just use WEU to get extra tiles, and I think people should do the same as well. :smile:

Level 35
:thumbs_up:

Wonder is there somewhere where I could dl the 1.20 patch only?
Or can I use the 1.07 ?'
Edit: With the 1.07 patch it didnt work. I uinstalled warcraft 3 and frozen, and reinstalled it.
Then I tryid importing and using the custom music in a map... when I saved the same as before happent, errors shoed up. Doh!

Last edited:
Level 35
Thanks, but the donwload didnt work. Ended up using blizzards patch archive.
Edit: But it still made no differnes.. I think I just complete the movie map, with all music triggers too. And then hope that some freindly person which music import works will do me the favor of importing the music and replacing the normal music theme in my triggers with the new music...
Doesnt have any other choice. Else my movie wouldnt have music in it.. But I could of course place the music file with the map file, then it can be heard while playing/watching.

Thanks, but the donwload didnt work. Ended up using blizzards patch archive.
Edit: But it still made no differnes.. I think I just complete the movie map, with all music triggers too. And then hope that some freindly person which music import works will do me the favor of importing the music and replacing the normal music theme in my triggers with the new music...
Doesnt have any other choice. Else my movie wouldnt have music in it.. But I could of course place the music file with the map file, then it can be heard while playing/watching.

When you're done, you can go ahead and send it to me and I will try to import the music in it so that it works. Just make sure the music file is included. :thumbs_up:

Also, I strongly suggest to stay on-topic for this thread because this chat has been mainly about WEU. If you have a problem, post it in the WEHZ or Search it up. Sorry, but anti-spam is a rule, and it has its consequences. :smile:

Level 7
I'm halfway through my cinematic, and It's funny although still 51.5%

Title is "Shawn Almighty", a villager somewhere in europe. Hear this: Bruce Almighty ended up having God's powers, Evan Almighty ended up becoming Noah after meeting God.

Mine is a different story. Shawn met God and ended up becoming Moses, to save his people from the British in a funny way.. There are also ogres and funny stuff involved, so it would be fun.. There is also a huge river where God has made a trench, similar to the story of the Red Sea.

I'm going to join too. Still making the cinematic, but it will be finished soon.

Cool. I'll add you to the list. :wink:

I'm halfway through my cinematic, and It's funny although still 51.5%

Title is "Shawn Almighty", a villager somewhere in europe. Hear this: Bruce Almighty ended up having God's powers, Evan Almighty ended up becoming Noah after meeting God.

Mine is a different story. Shawn met God and ended up becoming Moses, to save his people from the British in a funny way.. There are also ogres and funny stuff involved, so it would be fun.. There is also a huge river where God has made a trench, similar to the story of the Red Sea.

Sounds awesome and interesting. :thumbs_up:

I've made more progress last day, started and finished second scene. My cinematic takes atm about 170 seconds. I'm hoping I can fit everything I had planned to those 20 minutes.

Don't worry, 20 minutes is a lot of time, so I think you can squeeze it in; just simplify scenes if it is that long to fit the duration limit.

Besides, right now your cinematic is only 10 seconds less than 3 minutes! :grin:

Level 19
Don't worry, 20 minutes is a lot of time, so I think you can squeeze it in; just simplify scenes if it is that long to fit the duration limit.
My plan was to make transmission times just right, that they don't take too much time but can be read. Btw are we supposed to include the credits inside the map and those 20 minutes or? And if so does it matter if the texts would roll fast ?
Besides, right now your cinematic is only 10 seconds less than 3 minutes! :grin:
Trust me it will be a lot longet than that. I'm sure it will be worth watching and I hope people enjoy it. As I'm the planner of it I won't get the same amusement as a person who does not know what is going to happen. The map is fun to make and watch, but I won't laugh my eyes out. And actually I don't know will people laugh about the things in this cinematic, but I hope so.

Level 5
i cant wait too see the cinematics. I was gonna join but then for some reason i just kinda lost interest the more i thought about it.

Last edited:
Level 9
Ok well Im afraid Im out, i dont have time for this contest and Im realy not that good at cinematics...
:sad:

i cant wait too see the cinematics. I was gonna join but then for some reason i just kinda lost interest the more i thought about it.

Sorry to say, but please don't spam this thread. :)

Ok well Im afraid Im out, i dont have time for this contest and Im realy not that good at cinematics...
:sad:

Ok... It's alright. Well, a JASSer like you would have good triggers at least! Glad you gave it a shot; if you did. Anyways, thanks. :thumbs_up:

Level 19
My cinematic update info ^^ :p

I have now used about 13 or was it 14 minutes of max 20. The size is about 20 Mb and I can tell that the voice lines will fit in there. I should still hunt down some good music and check my map size and minimize it. So I have still 6 minutes and it will be hard to fit everything of the ending part to it. The cinematic has been completely planned now including all lines. I still have to do the ending, improve terrain and add some sounds and special effects and it will be good to go. I will definetly be ready when deadline comes. It has been fun to plan and make it. It has already taken several days for me to do and has been some hard work at times.

I'm curious that how are you other people doing? I'll look forward to seeing your finished cinematics.

I hope you will enjoy this one because it has been a lot of work.

Btw I would still need some people to voice act. And one girl for a few lines. Heh I might have used a dwarf female if somebody had made one. ^^

Thanks for forgiving me guys. :smile:

@Jaakko: Cool, sounds interesting. btw, So far no one submitted a map except this one person that submitted it before the theme poll was finished. I may include that one if it miraculously follows the theme. :thumbs_up:

Lol... Pleaze, please (!!!) submit a cinematic. If you don't, then you won't get the high rep awards. Now who doesn't want rep??! There is still 8 days and don't lose hope!!

I'm just saying that so that Jaakko doesn't become the only person to submit one if he does. If no one submits, I dunno what to do. :smile:

Last edited:
Level 19
I will definetly submit. And if I would be the only one to submit I don't think you need to worry because this cinematic should be worth some rep. But I hope to see as many submissions as possible.

Level 10
Alright I just need to fix a few bugs add some sound and I should be all done. Heads up, the cini is called.

This is Retarda!

Level 35
Okay... My parents surprised me by suddenly saying that I should visit my grandparents, all of them... So I first get home on thursday next week. :sad:
So I would only have 3 days to make it... realy hope that would do...
But I was wondering PurgeAndFire is it acceptet to make a interactive movie?
Meaning you see some of movie then a dialog popsup you choose something.. and the movie goes on according to it? So no playing just choosing a button from time to time...
Would that be allowed..?
And if there are so few entries now... could you then set the last date to the 22 july insted :smile: (Okay know you proably wouldnt, so mostly joking, though it would help me hehe)

Level 19
lol it seems my main character actor went on vacation before finishing three last lines I would have needed. Or maybe there's still hope and he would give them tonight, but if not I will not get them at least before was it 21th. So there is a chance there is missing a few lines from him but I will update the map after that.

Level 10
Everything was going fine for me, untill i forgot to send my cinematic from my dad's computer to my own.. That made me unable to work on my cinematic for over a week.

Right now i have to share computer with my 2 brothers. And i am afraid that i (maybe) can't make it.

Looking at the other posts it seems like most people are in kind of same situation as me.
I myself think that a small extension in the deadline would be nice, just a few days would help me alot, and i believe that i'm not the only one.

Everything was going fine for me, untill i forgot to send my cinematic from my dad's computer to my own.. That made me unable to work on my cinematic for over a week.

Right now i have to share computer with my 2 brothers. And i am afraid that i (maybe) can't make it.

Looking at the other posts it seems like most people are in kind of same situation as me.
I myself think that a small extension in the deadline would be nice, just a few days would help me alot, and i believe that i'm not the only one.

Your wish, granted! :wink:

Well, don't take advantage of my niceness because there will not be exceptions for the next one. And I'm busy, so I guess the deadline will be extended to July 31st. I'll edit the first post. You people have until that day to get in your cinematics! I just want this to be a success. :thumbs_up:

Level 19
I am sorry guys, but I'll have to leave this contest.

This duo the reason I have a lack of time (my website, work, and other things).
I want to appologize myself at PurgeandFire111 for leaving it.

Sorry dude,
I will join your challenge another time, when I have more time ofcourse.

~- Heero

Last edited:
Level 2
Im Just Wondering, if im making a battle cinematic (For Future Refrence) if im making a battle cinematic can i have like you know a sarge or some hardened character in the cinematic who curses way way too excessively but if i star out the more (bad?) ones like ****, and hed be the only who curses? Also since the one im working on is a WWII cinematic so theres going to be some nazis of course. Can i have them cursing in german? since i know a bit of the old language? Thx for the answer be it yes or no. also i know its too late for the cinematic since i just got wind of this contest, but its so like if theres another contest you know like some time in the future?

Status
Not open for further replies.